• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get 10% More on Your After Christmas Sale Purchases - Limited Time Offer!

In summary, the conversation revolves around various strategies to reach a sales goal of 3,000 points in order to achieve a certain level of trip. Suggestions include having an after-Christmas sale, offering discounts or gift certificates, utilizing email and phone calls to reach out to customers, and possibly having a contest or reward for the highest order. The conversation also emphasizes the importance of communication and setting goals with customers.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
and I want those 2000 extra points! I'm already going to Leadership, so why not get the points, too!!!

So, I want to have an after Christmas sale for my customers. I don't want it to be difficult for them to understand or for me to remember. I don't do well with one day sales and hourly specials. I'm not so sure about a white sale because I want people to get what they want. If you have done a white sale, do people also purchase non-white items?

I was thinking of something like I add 10% for each $100 you spend, so you actually get $110. Should I drop that down to $50? Is this easy enough? Let me know what you fabulous people think!

Kate I am in the same boat, I am $900 away and would love to start the year with 2,000 points. I just don't know what to do. I am eager to hear any responces.

Okay, I think my main advice is to let your customers know you're goal. have it in your signature line, tell people when you are talking to them, send out an email letting them know if they spend $x amount, they will get something extra. Heck, tell them that if they spend $60, they will get a free cookbook, spend $100, get a free cookbook & a free $10 item of their choice, spend $150 and they can get the cookbook, a free $10 item and the host special. WHy not? You really have nothing to lose!

Good Luck and keep us posted! :D If I think of anything else, I'll post it!:D

Gotta get on the PHONE! I send a lot of Newsletters, E-mail sales, etc, but you HAVE to get on the PHONE!!!! TELL THEM that you are working toward a goal and every little bit counts!

Good luck to all...we should all have the extra 2000 points! :D

I am less than $300 away from 3K - but with Holiday prep, and all of my other free time helping with my friend Michelle (w/ cancer) - I have NO time to be on the phone asking for sales right now - maybe after Christmas??

I'm in the same boat... $608.48 away from 3K... I think I'm going to try and create some sort of e-mail and have a BIG end of the year sale of some sort.

Okay...$771.29...any more suggestions? I plan on making a whole bunch of phone calls next week to hit people who didn't get everything they wanted and/or have cash from gifts.

This is what I sent out today to at least put a bug in people's ears... I'll follow up after Christmas!

Attachments

• Trip Sale.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 355
I need about $3000 to get Level 3 of the trip!! Too close!! One more qualified recruit and I'd be ok... but I think I have to make it up in sales.

What do you think of a gift certificate sale? Spend $50, save 10%; spend $100 get 20%?

Also, keep in mind that it won't work without the phone time. I tried offering 40% off new traditions stoneware in September (already 20% off) by sending out emails to everyone, and got zero orders.

How about 30% off anything in the catalog? I won't earn commission, but the points might come....

Maybe even a contest to see who spends the most or whose order puts me over the top? I don't want people to wait to be the last order, though.Hmmm...maybe a $50 shopping spree for the highest order?

Okay, I'm down to $647.02 - and I keep changing it on my email signature each time I get an order. I have about 5 more shows to do customer care calls on. I started with the ones that were less than 6 months old and have worked to about 1 month out. I know I missed a lot of CCC previous, and am planning on hitting one show a day in January to make up for it. I did send out a version of what Amanda posted - thanks! I used Constant Contact and was very impressed with how easy it is as well as how many people don't read their email! Only 18 out of 87 people opened it! However, for those who did, I got a few orders via email and a few already knew my story when I called them. And thanks to Janice for the scripts and the kick in the butt to get on the phone. :D I'll keep you guys posted as I get closer!

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, I'm down to $647.02 - and I keep changing it on my email signature each time I get an order. I have about 5 more shows to do customer care calls on. I started with the ones that were less than 6 months old and have worked to about 1 month out. I know I missed a lot of CCC previous, and am planning on hitting one show a day in January to make up for it. I did send out a version of what Amanda posted - thanks! I used Constant Contact and was very impressed with how easy it is as well as how many people don't read their email! Only 18 out of 87 people opened it! However, for those who did, I got a few orders via email and a few already knew my story when I called them. And thanks to Janice for the scripts and the kick in the butt to get on the phone. :D I'll keep you guys posted as I get closer!

I know how you feel!! I am $620 away from $3k. People are either broke or brunt out from shopping! LOL

It depends on how much you are willing to "give back" to your customers in order to make them bite. The bigger the prize, the more participation you will have. Realize that the email will only go out once...so ya gotta make it big! Something that your customers can't refuse!! And of course, you have to let them know that you have a goal. I was $300 shy of the $3k and sent out an email on the 27th letting my customers know that I only needed $300 more in sales for my end-of-year goal. I offered Free Shipping and hit my goal on the 28th with some extra sales still coming in this morning. Did I make money on the show...NO! But, I hit my goal. You have to keep it sweet and simple for your customer. They have to see that it is a bargain! Some will order to "help you out" and some will order to take advantage of the great deal. Good luck!

With regard to sending out a message to your customers asking them to buy so you achieve a specific goal, I wonder how successful you find that? It would seem to me, if a friend came to me and said they needed me to spend money so they could get a fabulous prize, I would be a bit put off. I've been working in advertising for the last six years, and one of the key messages I've learned is if you want someone to perform a specific action make it all about what's in it for them. This is what direct marketing is all about. Asking someone to perform the action you desire based on making it desirable for them.

You can take my thoughts with a grain of salt, I've been doing PC for all of a month now. But I've been working in direct marketing for the last 6 years.

The people we usually target are those who want to help others. For example, a host wants people to buy and book so s/he can get free product and booking benefits. You make friends in this business and can ask them to help you out. I have a specific goal because the trip we will be earning next year should be right around our 10 year anniversary. So, I'm asking people to help me get a jump on earning that trip.

Okay, I'm $503.22 away!!! UGHHH!!! Although, I am getting leads and rekindling friendships! The people I would least expect to purchase are trying to get something to help me!

KEEP GOING - you CAN do it!!!

Carolyn - we really have to meet at Leadership!I'm now under $500...calling, calling, calling.....

C'mon girl!!! Keep goin'!

Danielle - you crack me up!

cmdtrgd said:
Carolyn - we really have to meet at Leadership!

I'm now under $500...calling, calling, calling.....

I am not going to be there :(
My family really needsme home this year.
But I'll be at wave 2 this summer - which wave are you?
I am planning to walk for TPC

I'm wave one - so we might be able to meet in the overlap!

cmdtrgd said:
I'm wave one - so we might be able to meet in the overlap!

I usually fly in a day early and stay a day after - we like to sight see...so hopefully you & I can meet up!!

Well, if you're staying an extra day and I'm gettin' there a day early, maybe we can meet, Carolyn! I'm on Wave 3.

No, Kate...what cracks me up is what you did to your cat in your avatar!!!

DanielleQ said:

I was just wondering the same thing with your cat!! LOL

I am now $415.00 away from $3k... :mad:

I am $108. away now. I am hoping Hubby will agree that I NEED to order the difference (No, it is NOT a want!!!)

Good luck to those of you working to the last minute to reach your goals!! I was too far away from $3000 or the next incentive level to even worry about it! I'm going to hit it hard next week to get some more February shows/sales to work on double points.

Keep us posted on how it's going.

dannyzmom said:
I am not going to be there :(
My family really needsme home this year.
But I'll be at wave 2 this summer - which wave are you?
I am planning to walk for TPC

Carolyn me too - - - I plan to walk as a director at wave 3 this summer. We can meet next January?

its_me_susan said:
Carolyn me too - - - I plan to walk as a director at wave 3 this summer. We can meet next January?

If not next January (Leadership is always scheduled at a lousy time for me) then definitely at next year's incentive trip location!!!!!

DanielleQ said:

I was thinking the same thing! Is that your cat Kate?:)

lacychef said:
I was thinking the same thing! Is that your cat Kate?:)

Nope, but it describes me pretty well. There is a funny website www.stuffonmycat.com and I found it there. :p

And I'm down to $441.47 - not close enough for me to order stuff to finish it out. I'm making calls to hand-picked people (people who probably won't be offended if I call on Sunday - normally Sunday is family day for me, but we have tomorrow, too) starting at 1pm.

cmdtrgd said:
Nope, but it describes me pretty well. There is a funny website www.stuffonmycat.com and I found it there. :p

OMG these is some hilarious stuff on there!!

We are leaving in a few minutes to go to the airport and pick up our new cat. We inherited my Great Aunt's cat, Suki. She is being shipped in today. I have had my cat, Smudge, for 13 years and am worried about how (or whether) Smudge will accept Suki. I am afraid it ain't gonna be pretty...

Let them meet slowly. Keep them apart at first - different rooms. Check out http://www.wpr.org/pets/ to see if you can find some stuff. If your current cat stops using the litter box, cut back on their interaction. There's tons of info on how to introduce new cats to each other. Cats can be VERY fragile, but most people don't see it until too late.

dannyzmom said:
We are leaving in a few minutes to go to the airport and pick up our new cat. We inherited my Great Aunt's cat, Suki. She is being shipped in today. I have had my cat, Smudge, for 13 years and am worried about how (or whether) Smudge will accept Suki. I am afraid it ain't gonna be pretty...

Where is the cat being shipped from? You have me scratching my head Carolyn!!!;)

cmdtrgd said:
And I'm down to $441.47 - not close enough for me to order stuff to finish it out. I'm making calls to hand-picked people (people who probably won't be offended if I call on Sunday - normally Sunday is family day for me, but we have tomorrow, too) starting at 1pm.

Don't you have until January 5th to turn it in for the extra points? I'm feeling too lazy to look but I'm pretty sure you do!;)

Yeah, but I want my December commission to be over $1000 and I don't want to take away from my January sales...

Okay, I'm down to $322.97.....gettin there! My hubby is even being supportive! We had some people over last night (the boys come over once a month to play D&D) and one asked for a catalog when I said I was giving 25% off - I really want this! So, the friend was asking about some of the products and, of course, I got them out for him to see. He asked about the Citrus Press and hubby raved about it! I was so amazed! I mean, he is supportive, but usually not actively supportive!

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I love coming back to it and seeing how far I have come - especially since I feel weird asking people if they want to order even though I only met them once, or not at all! I am amazed at the support people have given me - every little bit helps! I'm down to $293.72!!!

cmdtrgd said:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but I love coming back to it and seeing how far I have come - especially since I feel weird asking people if they want to order even though I only met them once, or not at all! I am amazed at the support people have given me - every little bit helps! I'm down to $293.72!!!

GO GO GO!!!!!:D :D :D

$253.45 to go!

cmdtrgd said:

I just came on to see if you had done it ~ OF COURSE we are reading this! You are killing me. Way to sell! I hope you make it.

Okay, I needed a double burner griddle and an exec. family skillet - so I bit the bullet and got em and got my 3K!!!!!! Thanks for all your help!

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, I needed a double burner griddle and an exec. family skillet - so I bit the bullet and got em and got my 3K!!!!!! Thanks for all your help!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

cmdtrgd said:

Kate, I did the same thing!! I was shy $200, so I ordered cookware ;)

cmdtrgd said:

Awesome Kate; sometimes ya just gotta do that:)

Congratulations! You worked hard for that one.

Congrats Kate! I agree that it's really cool to see how far you were just a couple days ago. I did the same thing with the San Fran trip. Then you sit back and say "How did I get that much in sales in a matter of a couple days?":p

Way to go, You EARNED IT!!!:D

I knew you'd do it, you kook! Congrats!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • paigev71
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies