• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales with Limited Time Offer: 10% Off Trifle Bowls!

In summary, when offering a discount, it is important to consider whether or not it will give you the boost you need to reach the next commission level.
paigev71
I have a close friend who used to be a consultant who told me she used to offer additional discounts on large ticket items, like Stoneware. I have a show tomorrow in which the host tells me she has 15 confirmed guests. We are making the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. I thought about telling guests that for that show only I was offering an additional 10% off trifle bowls. The way I see it, at $39 each if I sell 3 that is over $100 more in sales for the show. The discount would be minimal out of my commission considering the extra sales. Does anyone do anything like this?

Occasionally I do. Then when you're putting in payments, be sure to add the amount you're giving as "consultant gift".
Just make sure to not make it a habit of doing it too often; then they'll come to expect it. We have great host/guest specials already:) It is nice in a pinch to bump sales a bit though.

I came across a thread that Scott posted some time ago with a booklet of tons of ideas and recipes for the trifle bowl. I was thinking that maybe instead of offering a discount, I would offer the booklet of recipes and ideas. This book is over 50 pages!

Right now i'm running a 3day clearance sale with my customers. 15% off all items on the Going Going Gone flyer....ONLY those items. I know that really cuts into my commission but so far one person ordered the Woven Lg Square Server so thats a $42 item towards a show. Hopefully a few more by Sunday evening! :) I know other directors who do this and get AWESOME results!

So just put it this way- if you can afford to take a cut in your commission, then think about it, but if not, don't worry about it!!

Good idea Becky. I haven't had a "big" show yet and this host tells me she confirmed 15 attending. I want to see how high I can get the sales. I inherited this show from my recruiter and some of these ladies have already had bookings so I wanted to be creative and offer something extra.

I'm doing a 10% discount on the Going, Going, Gone.

I only do something like that when there's something I can benefit from -- like SAT, or in this case, Show to Go Points. It's even better if it helps boost you to the next commission level.

Sent out my Discount flyer last night... will let you know if I get any responses. Being only 3 months into this, I don't have as large a customer base to send to.

I rarely offer extra discounts. I have discovered that it doesn't give me the boost I really need, and people start expecting and waiting for a discount instead of just purchasing.
Instead, I really talk up the benefits of hosting and the discounts and free product they can get when they host.

However - I am working hard to earn a Trip this year, and if November comes, and I feel I need an extra push to get me to that level, I will probably be offering some kind of discount to get me over the top!

I do 10% discounts some but often it is only for those booking a show. I was trying to boost this months calendar (BAD JULY!!) so I have a couple of sales on...August 1-16 all cookbooks are 10% off and August 17-31 all products with measurments are 10% off but I have a Mystery host # that I use. So, there discount isn't coming out of my pocket!

but I have a Mystery host # that I use. So, there discount isn't coming out of my pocket

Jillbean,

Explain how that works---I don't understand????

Thanks, Renee

Do you just put a past host discount from a show you did to give the 10% discount?

me too! please!! :)

I sometimes offer discounted packages...but they always are over $60 in value (and closer to $100). At that point, knocking some $$ off is worth the investment. I agree with everyone else though, be careful about making it a habit...then they expect it.

What types of additional discounts are available?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of additional discounts to our customers. These include discounts for first-time customers, host rewards, and seasonal promotions. We also offer discounts for bulk orders and for loyal customers who are part of our Preferred Customer Program.

How can I redeem an additional discount?

To redeem an additional discount, simply enter the discount code at checkout when making a purchase on our website. If you are placing an order through a consultant, make sure to provide them with the discount code so they can apply it to your order. Please note that some discounts may have specific terms and conditions that must be met in order to be redeemed.

Are additional discounts stackable?

In most cases, additional discounts cannot be stacked or combined with other offers or discounts. This is to ensure fairness to all of our customers and to prevent abuse of our discount system. However, some discounts may be stackable, so be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before attempting to combine discounts.

Can I use an additional discount on a previous purchase?

Unfortunately, additional discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases. They are only valid on purchases made during the promotional period or on future purchases. If you have any questions about a specific discount or promotion, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Why is my additional discount not working?

If your additional discount is not working, there may be a few reasons why. First, make sure that you are entering the correct discount code at checkout. Some codes may be case-sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly as it appears. Additionally, check the terms and conditions of the discount to ensure that your purchase meets all requirements. If you are still having trouble, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AFWife34
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
Replies