• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Recipes to Cook Side by Side With Metal Pans?

In summary, stoneware and metal pans can be used together in the oven as the stoneware is heat-safe. It is recommended to place the metal pan on a lower rack and the stoneware on a higher rack. Stoneware should not be used on stovetops and does not need to be preheated before using with metal pans. It is also not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware when cooking with metal pans.
Teri.from.MN
There was a thread on here within the last few days where someone talked about making a recipe and cooking half in a stone and half in a regular pan. Does anyone remember that thread and would be able to find it again? I've done so many searches, but can't pinpoint that particular thread :confused:

Otherwise, does anyone have any standout recipes that would be good to demo the stones side by side with regular pans?

Thanks!

Teri

I always tell people to try crescent rolls on an aluminum pan and on stone...or french fries, chicken nuggest, fish sticks, frozen pizzas...

I tried cookies...I did this experiement by accident at Christmas. I was baking cookies and had a few left. I really wanted to finish so I put the leftovers on a metal pan next to my stone in the oven. I couldn't believe the difference when I pulled them out!! The cookies cooked on the stone were wonderful (of course). The ones cooked on the metal pan were too flat and the bottoms weren't even browned; they just kinda folded away with my spatula. I challenge my guests to the same test, especially around holiday baking time.

Related to Stoneware Recipes to Cook Side by Side With Metal Pans?

1. Can I cook with stoneware and metal pans at the same time in the oven?

Yes, our stoneware is designed to be heat-safe and can be used alongside metal pans in the oven.

2. Are there any precautions I should take when cooking with stoneware and metal pans together?

It is recommended to place the metal pan on a lower rack in the oven and the stoneware on a higher rack to ensure even cooking and prevent potential damage to the stoneware.

3. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not meant to be used on direct heat sources such as stovetops. It is designed for use in the oven only.

4. Do I need to preheat my stoneware before using it with metal pans?

No, preheating is not necessary for stoneware. It is recommended to start with a room temperature stoneware and gradually increase the heat to avoid any thermal shock.

5. Can I use metal utensils on stoneware when cooking with metal pans?

It is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as it can potentially damage the surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils when cooking with stoneware and metal pans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
  • chefjwr