• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fluted Stoneware Pan - Easy Recipes??

In summary, there are multiple easy recipes for the Fluted Stoneware Pan, including a simple one with 1 box of cake mix, 3 eggs, and 1 can of pie filling. Other options include using 2 cups of sour cream instead of pie filling, and adding toppings like a mixture of shortening and flour or a coconut pecan frosting. The pan can also be used to make a whole chicken or a lemon blueberry microwave cake. While some suggest using a spray like Pam for baking, others caution against it and recommend using a product called "cake release" instead.
chefjwr
Does anyone have easy recipes to demo the Fluted Stoneware Pan? One that I have heard about has 1 box cake mix, 3 eggs and 1 can of pie filling. Mix and match as you choose. I don't know if that recipe is missing any ingredients and instructions. I also, would love to have other recipes for the Fluted Stoneware pan, especially microwave ones.

If you search in the files section on fluted you'll find a recipe booklet that has 50 recipes as well as another document of cake recipes.

That is what I do at most of my shows. You can also use 2 cups of sour cream instead of pie filling. Micro or 12minutes. That's it!

Shana, do you have trouble with the cake sticking? Mine is brand new. Also, you don't add anything else besides the ingredients I listed and the substitution of the sour cream??

Shana, what kind of topping or frosting do you show?

I smear a mixture of (equal parts) shortening & flour all over the stone before I pour the batter in.... then micro it!

I forget who shared this tip on "fast" seasoning a stone but you might try this:

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

I'm not at home, so I don't have cookbooks in front of me, but some that ring a bell are Tamale Round About (a cornbread thing) and Cinnamon Pull-Apart. Searching the files, recipes, or usual recipe sites for those would probably come up with something.

Another great thing to do with the fluted pan is a chicken. Prep a whole roasting chicken by rinsing it inside and out and rubbing it with garlic, seasoning (I like the Rosemary Blend we carry) and a little oil. If desired, slip lemon slices under the skin. Place the chicken upright over the post in the fluted pan so that it's standing up. Roast in a 350°F oven for 30(?) minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving.

I use Pam for baking, or a baking spray with flour. (I know a lot of people have different methods) I do a quick ganache, equal parts coolwhip and chocolate chips. About 1 cup each and micro for one minute. Stir well, and it makes a super yummy gooey warm topping to pour over the hot cake. Those are the only ingredients that you need for the cake. You can however add chips, nuts or whatever you want. One of my favorites for summer is Lemon Blueberry

Lemon Blueberry Microwave cake

1 box lemon cake mix
1 can lemon pie filling
1/2 can blueberry pie filling
3 eggs
coolwhip
1 lemon (for garnish)

mix eggs and lemon pie filling, add cake mix. Spray fluted pan and add half a can of blueberry pie filling to the bottom of the pan, spoon the cake mix on top. Microwave for 12 minutes on high. Cake should pull away from sides when tipped. run a small knife around center well and turn out on to plate. Serve with coolwhip.

I just got mine to. The cake I really liked was a chocolate or dark chocolate cake - made according to the package directions. I sprayed the pan with "Baker's Joy" (pam with flour in it). Then I poured the cake mix in. ON TOP of that I dolloped a coconut, pecan frosting - pre-made kind. As it cooked the frosting sinks to the bottom and then gets melty. When you invert it the coconut stuff sits on the top of the cake and is really good.

I tried it with a regular chocotate frosting too but it didn't look pretty because the frosting was really melty and oozed back down over the cake so the top wasn't pretty. Good for home... just not a show.

It is also delicious with a French Vanilla Cake mix prepared as usual with the Coconut Pecan icing. I just put the icing in the bottom of the fluted pan and then pour the batter over it and then bake in the microwave! It's so good!

Spraying stoneware with PamIMHO, I would strongly caution against using any spray on our stoneware because of a sticky buildup residue that can form on the pan. There is a product made by Wilton (the cake people) called "cake release" and I will swear by that product. Nothing sticks to it and you don't get that nasty residue. You can find it in your cake decorating section at a craft store or WalMart. I use it in the mini muffin pan, our stoneware and the cake pans. I haven't used the silicone pan, but I would use it in there too.

You squirt it in and spread it with the pastry brush.

Here is a HUGE compilation of recipes for that pan!

Not mine..."borrowed" from a loop a LONG time ago!:eek:

Attachments

• Fluted Pan Recipe Book.doc
    109.5 KB · Views: 429
Some other fluted recipesThese came to me from Sondra Verva, repeatedly #1 in our cluster for overall sales, and is #1 in the company for stoneware sales often: The biggest thing I've learned from her, is show stoneware and cookware at EVERY show no matter what. She has a chemical engineering background (now makes more $$ with PC) and says the line "- just remember our stoneware is a Size and a Shape. You name an oven cooking task, and we have a stone to accomplish it better, more evenly, and with improved results."

She also has a funny way of starting her stoneware spiel, "Okay now, 'fess up - who are my stoners out there?"

Good luck; God Bless You!

-Praying for Paige and her family-

Attachments

• fluted pan recipes.doc
    35 KB · Views: 416
  • GREAT flutedpan recipe list.doc
    114.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Stoneware 101.doc
    32 KB · Views: 329
  • top 10 reasons to buy a stone.doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 335
hperschnick said:
I just got mine to. The cake I really liked was a chocolate or dark chocolate cake - made according to the package directions. I sprayed the pan with "Baker's Joy" (pam with flour in it). Then I poured the cake mix in. ON TOP of that I dolloped a coconut, pecan frosting - pre-made kind. As it cooked the frosting sinks to the bottom and then gets melty. When you invert it the coconut stuff sits on the top of the cake and is really good.

I tried it with a regular chocotate frosting too but it didn't look pretty because the frosting was really melty and oozed back down over the cake so the top wasn't pretty. Good for home... just not a show.

I actually did this for a show. What I did was put fresh raspberries on top. Everyone gobbled it up.

1. What are some easy recipes that can be made using the Fluted Stoneware Pan?

There are many delicious recipes that can be made with the Fluted Stoneware Pan, including quiches, casseroles, and desserts. Some popular options include apple crisp, spinach and feta quiche, and chicken and vegetable frittata.

2. How do I properly season the Fluted Stoneware Pan?

To season the Fluted Stoneware Pan, first wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, spread a thin layer of vegetable oil over the entire pan, including the fluted edges. Place it in a preheated 300 degree oven for an hour, and then let it cool before using.

3. Can the Fluted Stoneware Pan be used on the stovetop?

No, the Fluted Stoneware Pan is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It is meant for use in the oven only.

4. Is the Fluted Stoneware Pan dishwasher safe?

No, the Fluted Stoneware Pan is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to preserve its quality.

5. How do I prevent food from sticking to the Fluted Stoneware Pan?

To prevent food from sticking to the Fluted Stoneware Pan, it is important to properly season the pan before use. Also, make sure to use non-stick cooking spray or grease the pan with butter or oil before adding ingredients. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan, as they can scratch the surface and cause sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aried
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom