1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipe for pineapple upside cake in the fluted pan

1. Nfldfran

Nfldfran Member

HI
    I am looking for a recipe for a pineapple upside down cake in the fluted pan . It is the one that calls for 3 eggs, sour cream and a cake mix. I do believe that you place butter, fresh pineapple and something else in a skillet to warm before placing in the bottom of the pan.

Anyone know this recipe?
    Thanks Diane

Jun 29, 2009
  2. Pampered_Ashley84

Pampered_Ashley84 Member Gold Member

I just made this cake last night! It's one stick of butter, one 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, 1 cup of dark brown sugar mixed together in a saucepan. Then one pineapple cake mix, 1 med carton of sour cream and three eggs. Let the pineapple mixture cool slightly, then pour into your fluted pan. I sprayed mine with Baker's Joy first. Then spoon the cake mixture on top. Stick it in the microwave for 13 minutes. Let it rest for 10, then flip it on to you plate.

It was wonderful! :chef:

3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

This is the one that I've made (got the recipe from someone on here) and it is awesome!!! Love it!

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – PC STYLE!

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
    1 cup brown sugar
    1 box Pineapple Delight Cake Mix + ingredients to make
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1 fresh Pineapple
    Marachino Cherries

Mix the butter and brown sugar together, spread evenly in the bottom of the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Peel and core the pineapple using the Pineapple Wedger, slice with Santoku Knife. Place pineapple slices on top of the brown suger/butter, arrange the wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marachine cherry n the middle of each one. Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice. Pour over top of the pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. Flip out onto Simple Additions Large Round Platter and cut and serve with the Slice ‘N Serve.

Jun 29, 2009
  4. Nfldfran

Nfldfran Member

Thank you so much for your prompt replies.
    Diane

Jun 29, 2009
Have something to add?