• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Pampered Chef Consulting Business & Seeking Support from Partner

In summary, Paula's husband is not supportive of her business and she is feeling down because of it. She is hoping for advice from others.
vogee13
Hi everyone,
I hope you all have a wonderful holday season - however you may celebrate it! I was not sure where to post this and am not sure what it is I even need, just don't know who else to talk to it about - so you guys came to mind.

I have been a PC consultant 2 months now and have had 2 very great months! I love every minute of it. This is not my full-time job, yet. I just graduated college this month and work full-time as a nurse, so my plate has been very full while getting my PC business started.

The problem... my dear better half. Support has not been the best... some days I feel like things are getting better and then other days there is none. I know it takes awhile for the profits and benefits to be apparant and so I have been doing ok just riding it out.

Then today, while we were talking about the 14 hour trip home next week to see our families BH decides to tell me that we should stay an extra day. I remind BH that I had asked 2 months ago what dates we should go and that I can not stay an extra day. I have a HUGE fundraiser event/meeting to attend that day. If it was just a basic show I might consider seeing if another consultant could fill in for me but this event has the potential for 10-20 cooking/catalog shows and 3 times that in contacts. I CAN'T pass it off or not be there. It could really have an impact on my business -in the BEST possible way. So we ended the discussion of what should be an exciting trip since we haven't seen our families in a year by having an arguement.

So that is my babble. I know that on most days BH thinks that this is a passing phase and I should give it up. I don't know what to do... I am feeling a little down and so thought I would send this message out for advice or whatever else you guys might have to say.

Again, Happy Holidays! And thanks in advance.

You don't say, but can you give specifics about WHY he isn't supportive? Sometimes a spouse can be like a potential recruit...they have unanswered questions!

I suspect it's in how much $$ you'll really be making. Once he sees that Pampered Chef IS a REAL job, he will change his mind, most likely. My director told us that her husband wasn't that supportive in the beginning, until she earned them an all-expense PAID IN FULL vacation! Now he couldn't be happier!!

Best wishes!!
Merry Christmas,
Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
You don't say, but can you give specifics about WHY he isn't supportive? Sometimes a spouse can be like a potential recruit...they have unanswered questions!

I suspect it's in how much $$ you'll really be making. Once he sees that Pampered Chef IS a REAL job, he will change his mind, most likely. My director told us that her husband wasn't that supportive in the beginning, until she earned them an all-expense PAID IN FULL vacation! Now he couldn't be happier!!

Best wishes!!
Merry Christmas,
Paula

I am not sure exactly. I too think it is the question of how much money I actually will make. I have already made back ALL of my investment (kit, office supplies, etc). In fact if I had not had a GREAT 1st month I would not have been able to pay my December bills since I was not able to work at my nursing job the end of Nov and beginning of Dec due to school conflicts. That was when I first noticed a little more support.

I guess that I haven't quite gotten the juggling act down smoothly either. I try to make sure that PC doesn't keep me from being available during times that we normally would have had together. BH works 3-11 and since I work 3 12hour shifts per week only I have several days to work on PC without causing conflict but this trip just happens to cause conflict - even though I tried to avoid it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

A lot of my unsupportiveness comes from me doing PC ALL THE TIME. Set business hours, set specific show days and make sure you have a combined calendar that you write on together - we have a shared gmail calendar online.

I started last year around this time of the year. Since then, I've done so much with my business! Keep at it, if it's something you want to do, then do it! Also, let him know how much this means to you. If it's a passing phase, then so be it but it's something you feel passionate about. Have you shared your paycheck with him? Now, DH is excited when ever I tell him how much I made and told me to book up the next year to my fullest as long as I'm making money and having fun. Give it a little bit of time, I felt like I was putting way too much money in the beginning but it does level off and even out as you make more money! Good luck!

I am wondering if maybe BH is feeling pushed aside? It sounds like your plate is very full and your schedule is very busy. Maybe you and BH could look at your work schedules (both yours and BH's)...see what days-off coincide, and block those as "us time" and THEN look at your calender and fill the other days with PC. Try very hard not to step on "us time" with PC stuff so BH won't feel resentful.
Good luck!

I don't know if this will help or not, but maybe if you let him see the potential in the business he will change his mind a little. Do you have upline in the area you can meet with (their spouse and yours) for coffee or perhaps dinner? They may be able to share the "big picture".

I was one of those who was able to quit my job after only a few months in the business....my most recent commission check (only about 20 hours of work) brought in $1125 to our household income (that DOESN'T include my director's overrides which come in the next check). For only about 20 hours of work!

That is amazing....and then there is the Royal Carribean Cruise, the THOUSANDS of dollars worth of free products, and the ability to take time off WHENEVER we want. I wish I had done this sooner!

Keep all conversations on the positive, too. Hard, I know, but sometimes it just takes a little something to turn the lightbulb on in their head!

Last edited:

What is the first step to starting a Pampered Chef consulting business?

The first step to starting a Pampered Chef consulting business is to familiarize yourself with the products and company. Attend a few parties or events, read up on the company's mission and values, and get to know the different product lines.

What support does Pampered Chef offer to new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support and training options for new consultants. This includes online training modules, access to a mentor or team leader, and regional and national conferences and events. There is also a wealth of resources available on the consultant website.

Can I partner with another consultant to start my business?

Yes, you can partner with another consultant to start your Pampered Chef business. This is a great option for those who may not have the time or resources to start a business on their own. You and your partner can split the initial costs, share responsibilities, and support each other in building your businesses.

What are the benefits of having a partner in my Pampered Chef business?

Having a partner in your Pampered Chef business can provide several benefits. You can share resources and expenses, divide tasks and responsibilities, and support each other in growing your businesses. It can also be a great way to bounce ideas off of each other and collaborate on events and parties.

How can I find a partner for my Pampered Chef business?

If you are interested in finding a partner for your Pampered Chef business, start by reaching out to your upline or team leader. They may know of other consultants looking for a partner or be able to connect you with someone in your area. You can also use social media or attend local networking events to connect with potential partners.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
  • rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies