• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

le"Struggling to Keep Going: Seeking Support and Guidance

In summary, people are struggling because of the cancellations in December. Schel is doing what she can to get the word out. She is targeting businesses, salons, and convenience stores.
schel
:confused:
Ok I called my follow up's and left messages last night and said "I'll keep trying you until we connect" and no feedback so far. How long do I wait to call again. I don't want to be a pest, but I am feeling so desparate being my only 2 shows canceled in Jan here. I almost feel like throwing in the towel. Sorry to seem so down. :( I really don't want to quit, I LOVE :love: what I do and the flexability.
I need some support. :(
Thanks
Schel

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but I really don't have anyone to call due to the fact that I'm still stuck in the same circle of hosts/guests and haven't expanded my contacts. I have two shows going at the very end of this month and one of them will be all new contacts (YAY!), but as I said, not until the end of the month. So, I printed off half sheet flyers with this month's host and guest specials along with my info. Everyone in our neighborhood has a newspaper holder below their mailbox and my kiddos walked around with me and we have passed out 100 flyers so far. It's been extremely cold the past few days, but I think we're going to be making some more rounds this weekend.

I did send out an email to everyone that I do have on my contact list giving a "host bonus" for a Jan. booking.

With the Stoneware being on sale, I am offering 50% off regular price on any piece of stoneware up to $44.00 (host pays $22, stone is $35 on sale, 15% discount from a $150 show, worst case is $7.75 out of pocket) OR if they have $500 in guest sales, they can get the DCB for 50% off regular price

I'm hoping to get something from this because I don't want to have an empty beginning to next month as well.

Hang in there, it will get better!!

When I leave a message, I let them know that I will be calling again in a few days. Ex. If I call on Monday I tell them that I will try them again on Wed/Thurs. Then I go to once a week for a while then once a month. I have some that I still haven't talked to since they were at a show over a year ago. Those I just call every once in awhile. I do send out a monthly newsletter to keep everyone informed of specials, recipes, etc. so at least they are getting some contact.

Schel, don't give up! Give it some time and think of different ways to get the word out. I can totally relate after having my December shows cancel. The 3 catalog shows I have out right now aren't doing so great either. It seems people are just worn out from the holidays and the last thing they want to think about is spending money. When they hear it's the 'Pampered Chef Consultant' they probably turn off the phones, lock the doors and hide in the closets right now. lol

One thing I'm doing is when I have to make a run to the store, I take flyers with me and post them if there's a bulletin board. This month I want to do Mardi Gras shows so that's the flyer I'm putting out. I live in a very rural area but one thing we have are convenience stores. lol About 8 of them within 10 miles. Some of the other businesses let us put flyers on their windows as well.

Are there any salons, spas or nail salons in your area? Maybe you could leave some flyers there or ask if you can put them on the cars in the lot. Anywhere there is a majority of women is a potential market. One thing about women, no matter how broke or tired they are, they'll get their hair and nails done. Not to exclude men but they don't primp like women so that doesn't give you many places to leave info for them. But...don't exclude the gym! New Year's resolutions are usually about losing weight or getting in shape so create a flyer that will focus on that...having the tools and recipes to cook lowfat, etc. Instead of the list of 100 people, try thinking of businesses to target instead. Leave a catalog wherever you can. It may cost up front but if you get business from it, then the investment was worth it.

Just keep your chin up and keep in mind that it's the beginning of the year, not the end, and you're not on a deadline other than your own. We all want to start out strong but in order for that to happen, our customers are the ones we rely on. If they can't accomodate us, then they just can't. Don't give up because the timing isn't perfect. Keep in touch with them but with no pressure. They'll appreciate that and remember it rather than dreading to hear from you because you want them to buy or book. The most important thing..don't lose faith in yourself!

erinb said:
I'm pretty much in the same boat, but I really don't have anyone to call due to the fact that I'm still stuck in the same circle of hosts/guests and haven't expanded my contacts. I have two shows going at the very end of this month and one of them will be all new contacts (YAY!), but as I said, not until the end of the month.

Do a neighborhood survey in a nearby neighborhood. Look under files. I have had success with this. I did it when I 1st moved (not in a subdivision so had to go looking for biz) and then whenever I hit a lull in bookings.

Also, leaving your info without following up is a waste. Chances are nobody will contact you. Anyone can go straight to pc.com to order. Don't spend the extra $ on doing this. If you have catalogs left from one season leave those with label to call/email for current catalog. Then if someone is interested, you will have their followup info.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I am going to give it my all.
Schel

What does "le" Struggling to Keep Going mean?

"Le" Struggling to Keep Going is a phrase used to describe the feeling of being overwhelmed and having difficulty finding the motivation to continue moving forward in life.

What kind of support and guidance does this program offer?

This program offers various forms of support and guidance, including counseling, coaching, and peer support groups. It also provides resources and tools to help individuals cope with their struggles and develop a plan for moving forward.

Is this program only for people with severe struggles?

No, this program is open to anyone who is feeling overwhelmed and struggling to keep going, regardless of the severity of their struggles. Our goal is to provide support and guidance to anyone who needs it.

How can I access this program?

You can access this program by contacting a Pampered Chef representative or by visiting our website. Our representatives will guide you through the process and help you get started.

Is this program confidential?

Yes, all information shared during the program is kept confidential. We respect the privacy of our clients and ensure that all personal information is kept secure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • AnnaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings