• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Bookings Struggles: Lisa's Personal Experience and Seeking Advice

In summary, Lisa is having a tough month. Her shows have all been cancelled and two guests who ordered through her last month have not paid her. She's feeling blue and discouraged. However, she has a day job and is hoping that things will turn around soon. She appreciates any feedback.
lsm72
I hate to be so blah but I'm having such a hard time with my business right now.

3 out of my 4 shows cancelled on me; a fundraiser fell through and to top it off, two guest who ordered through a cattie last month bounced their checks. They still owe me a combined total of $156. They haven't answered my calls or emails.

I'm so discouraged and feel as if I should hang up my PC towel right now. My day job (which I love!) has me completely buried right now. I barely have time to do anything these days.

I appreciate any feedback you may have. I know many of you have had your PC ups and downs. Just feeling really blue right now.

-Lisa:(

I'm sorry you are feeling blue Lisa! I was in the same position you are in May, except I didn't have 3 shows to have cancelled! I did a fair, and that really turned around my business. All I can stay is stick it out, and keep working it as much as you can! Stay encouraged!

Lisa, I'm in the same boat as you! I have had NOTHING for June, but I have some for July...just hang in there! Make your CCCs and do what you can. At least you have a FT job to fall back on. We all have bad times at some point, don't give up too easily! Also, everyone here is great if you need a proverbial kick in the pants!! All ya gotta do is ask...LOL!

I'm so sorry about everything! I can't believe the people won't call you back so they can pay you!! I hate that for you! My business has been off and on too. I had a good May, and before that February. Mine has been running every other month is good. I had 4 shows for July now I have 2. Hopefully neither of those will cancel or reschedule. I hope everything works out and makes you not blue anymore!

I'm sorry your having a tuff month. I have a suggestion on the bad checks. I would go to their bank every couple days and see if funds are availble then cash the checks. In the future you could have the guest write their checks to the host, most people won't write a bad check to someone they know. Then have the host write you a check. The host can then hold their stuff untill they make good on the check. I know this is a little late but maybe you could use it in the future.

Don't give up, we all have bad days, months, or several months but it's like anything else. The more you put into it the more you get out of it. GOOD LUCK!

i agree with becky go or phone their banks and see if the funds are there
you can go in and certify the chqs, of course for the fee, and then cash them at your bank
instead of chqs you could also start accepting internet interac payments, you only need an email and do your banking on line, no money at closing their orders are cancelled
just a thought
good luck getting your money been there and its not alot of fun :(

Sorry to hear your frustrated. Right now I would just try to stay "active" until things clear up for you. I would either cancel their order or alert the of the problem to hold those items. Then, you can return them and get the $$ back in your acct.

Sorry you've had problems. If you can't contact them or they won't return calls, take the nsf checks to your local district attorney. They will get attention fast! I had to do that with one check and had my money within a week! Good luck

Lisa, I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. Please believe you're not alone. Sales of any kind are an up and down business, and that's particularly true of direct sales. Hang in there.You mention that you're buried at your day job, and you barely have time to do anything. Are you getting plenty of rest and eating right? I'm asking because it's easy to let your physical self suffer when you're busy, and that can lead to mental exhaustion. As for your PC business, do you have a regular schedule? There are lots of great threads here about setting priorities, setting a schedule, and working smarter instead of harder.BTW, you'll also find lots of threads of people who have hit a slump. It's the nature of the beast. Just remember that next month may be your big come-back.

1. How can I increase my bookings when I'm feeling discouraged?

There are a few strategies you can try if you're feeling bummed out about your bookings. One is to reach out to past customers and offer them a special deal or promotion to encourage them to book a party. You can also try hosting your own virtual party and invite friends and family to join, or offer incentives for anyone who books a party during the event. Additionally, make sure to consistently promote your business on social media and through word of mouth to attract new customers.

2. What can I do if I'm struggling to get bookings from my warm market?

If your warm market (friends, family, acquaintances) is not responding to your booking requests, it might be time to expand your outreach. Consider reaching out to local businesses or organizations and offering to do a cooking demonstration or workshop. You can also try reaching out to your network on social media or attending networking events to meet new potential customers. Another option is to partner with other consultants and host joint parties or events to attract a larger audience.

3. How can I make my booking requests more effective?

One key to successful booking requests is to make them personal and specific. Instead of sending a generic message to all your contacts, take the time to personalize each request and mention something specific that you think they would be interested in. You can also offer incentives or special deals for those who book a party, which can make your request more enticing.

4. What should I do if I'm consistently getting rejected when trying to book parties?

First, don't get discouraged. Rejection is a natural part of any sales job. Instead, take a look at your approach and see if there are any areas where you can improve. Are you targeting the right audience? Are you using effective language and incentives in your booking requests? If you're still struggling, reach out to your team leader or mentor for advice and support.

5. How can I stay motivated when I'm not getting many bookings?

Remember that booking parties is not the only measure of success in your business. Focus on building relationships with your customers and providing great customer service. You can also set small, achievable goals for yourself, such as reaching out to a certain number of potential customers each week. Additionally, attend team meetings and events to connect with other consultants and share tips and strategies for boosting bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies