• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book Shows in Nov & Dec?

In summary, the author is trying to find work but is having a difficult time. She has one show this month, but she is hoping to book more in the near future. She suggests having a sale and gathering orders so that she can stay active.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I am not sure if i am posting this in the right area.... but I am really frustrated right now.. I only have had one show this month with nothing else on the books.... My director told me to refer back to my list of 100 and call past hostess about booking shows...... I was sick most of Oct. and Now we are into December.... urggggg does anyone have any suggestions that would help me out?? I sent out a mass email out to everyone yesterday about shows in Nov and Dec.... and I haven't gotten reply backs as of yet.... I really dont' want to go inactive.... I saved myself once and I really don't want to get to that point ever again!!! :( HELP!!

Leah see if there are any type of fairs going on in your area it always help me good luck

I know what you mean! I had 1 show this month (my own mommy and me) with 1 $60 order! No other shows except a possible catty show? I tried the Mega $1k show with only 2 takers (1 of which is going to attempt her own catty show now).
I have 3 vendor events though, but you just never know about those! 2 in the books for Dec. and 2 in Jan and that is my Fall Schedule!
Last year I found that alot of people are just too busy around the holidays to have a show! I had 2 for Dec. and 2 for Jan as well!

Good luck!

Book January! It is almost impossible for people to set a date for January in the frenzy of the holiday season. This won't help you now but it should get your new year off to a good start. I realize that there are some people who can do early December but I am really trying to have something at the beginning of the year as well....BEE

beepampered said:
Book January! It is almost impossible for people to set a date for January in the frenzy of the holiday season. This won't help you now but it should get your new year off to a good start. I realize that there are some people who can do early December but I am really trying to have something at the beginning of the year as well....BEE

yea me too, everyone that has recently asked me about doing a show I say January. I would love to book Dec., but I'd much rather start booking for a good 2007.

I'm too busy with work to book in Dec so I started on 2007. Already have 3 for Jan and one for Feb!

I'm also trying to book for January - I had people who wanted to host this fall but because of difficult circumstances were unable to do their shows. Two people have parents with cancer, another is struggling with illness, and one is a teacher who may be going on strike. It almost seems like made up excuses which I know they are not - so I'm just looking toward the near future and trying to focus on booking my January and February early. Hopefully it will work!:)

Gina Miller

I have three shows in Nov. but no other shows after that.. I am keeping my fingers and toes and eyes crossed I get some bookings from those shows.. if not for Dec. then for Jan. I plan to do a catty along with my 3 Nov. shows but I will send it off the 1st or 2nd of Dec. that way I can have something in Dec. as a little buffer for me.

good luck!
:rolleyes:

Try having a sale.I know this wont help you with bookings but I tried this the end of October in an attempt to gather enough orders to put in a catalog show.
approx a week before the end of the month I sent out an email saying that if anyone ordered before the end of the month I would take 10% off their order. well I got no nibbles on that one so on Halloween day I sent out an email that morning to everyone on my email list (And asked them to pass it along to everyone they knew) and said a one day only sale if anyone placed an order by midnight by calling or emailing I would give them 20% off. I ended up with a $315 show. So try having a sale and gather enough orders to at least turn in a $150 show so you can stay active. You may make some new contact and potential hosts. I have given up on trying to book and December shows but I'm filling up my January already!!
I hope this helps?

Put together a couple of holiday gift baskets (ex. small batter bowl, SS whisk, measure all, measuring spoons) and offer them at a slight discount to all of your past hosts/customers and your friends and family. Offer some sort of bonus for anyone who hosts a catalog show in Nov/Dec.

Leah-
I just got back from a vendor fair and got 3 bookings for Januaryish. Here's Hoping they dont' flake out by then but you should try any fairs in your area!

Unforuntally I live in a small town and they dont' have fairs like they doin the bigger citys. Frustrating I know...... I have to Catti parties going on..... hopefully shows in DEC!!!!!

My December is tanking.
I had/have 8 shows in November (already had 4 of them...am confirmed for the other 4) and only ONE on the books for December (my other Dec show just cancelled due to family problems). My December STINKS. Thankfully I do have 3 already scheduled for January andone for Febraury...but still...my December is AWFUL - I can't get anyone to book a December date to save my life!

The holidays are soo hard it seems not only for me but alot of people! :O(

I had only 3 cattys this month and one girl that I contacted to close said, "I could only get a $15 order." I had been trying to get in touch with her and I honestly think that she was avoiding me! I've had one for $200 and am due to close another. I am going to a vendor night on Tuesday (who knows what that will bring...hoping for a few bookings more than the orders!) I am holding an open house on the last Monday of the month so hoping that will go good but who knows? I'm promoting it with lots of drawings to get people here! I said that there will be a drawing every 15 minutes. It's just little things like bamboo tongs, peelers, quikcut knives....etc.
But so far November doesn't look great but it's not over yet! I will let you know how the vendor night goes.....they are giving us round tables and I don't even have a round tablecloth! I'm going to see if we can bring our own table. I have a 4 footer. Hoping that they let me use that!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Unforuntally I live in a small town and they dont' have fairs like they doin the bigger citys. Frustrating I know...... I have to Catti parties going on..... hopefully shows in DEC!!!!!

I hope things get better for you. Did you try calling various organizations that might supply toys or food to people for the holidays and seeing if they'd be interested in doing a fundraiser? Hopefully the catty shows will turn into something.

pampurredmom said:
I know this wont help you with bookings but I tried this the end of October in an attempt to gather enough orders to put in a catalog show.
approx a week before the end of the month I sent out an email saying that if anyone ordered before the end of the month I would take 10% off their order. well I got no nibbles on that one so on Halloween day I sent out an email that morning to everyone on my email list (And asked them to pass it along to everyone they knew) and said a one day only sale if anyone placed an order by midnight by calling or emailing I would give them 20% off. I ended up with a $315 show. So try having a sale and gather enough orders to at least turn in a $150 show so you can stay active. You may make some new contact and potential hosts. I have given up on trying to book and December shows but I'm filling up my January already!!
I hope this helps?
I was wondering how giving percentage off discounts works in PP? Do you just take the amount remaining after their payment and apply a credit? I have never done that before and am thinking about having a similar kind of sale. Thanks!

Melissa

I know what you mean....

This is my first month - so that makes Nov, Dec, Jan for my super starter months. So far I had one show which did good and 3 catalog shows for November I still haven't reached the $1250 in commisionable sales for the Super starter and I have nothing on the book for December.. I just did an Expo and had to pay $45.00 just to do a 10-2 time slot and got only one possible show for Feb. Everyone else said they will not do a show but might order some things off my site...

I'm putting alot of time and money into this right now with not much coming out of it and I'm getting a bit frustrated..

So far in the business Nov/ and Dec have usually been slow. I'm hoping to get on the phone tomorrow(sent out a mailing) and follow up, and do customer care/update calls. I'm hoping to start the new year with two cooking shows and one catalog show per week. (well thats my over the top for me goal anyway) But I'll settle for one a week.

Melissa, I usually put the amount they paid in Pp and the rest I put in as a consultant gift. I believe it is tax deductible also.

My Nov is going really slow and my December is starting off slow but that is okay, becasue I am getting married next week so it will work out evenly..... less stress on me right now.

1. Why is it so difficult to book parties in November and December?

The holiday season is a busy time for everyone, which means people have less availability for hosting parties. Additionally, many people are already attending multiple gatherings and may not have the time or resources to host a Pampered Chef party during this time.

2. How can I increase my chances of booking parties in November and December?

One strategy is to start planning and reaching out to potential hosts early, before their schedules fill up. You can also offer incentives or special promotions to entice people to host a party during this busy time.

3. What can I do if I am unable to book any parties in November or December?

If you are having difficulty booking parties during this time, you can focus on other aspects of your business such as online sales or hosting virtual parties. You can also use this time to plan and prepare for a successful start to the new year.

4. How can I keep my party guests engaged and interested during the busy holiday season?

One way to keep your party guests engaged is to offer holiday-themed recipes and products that are perfect for entertaining and gift-giving. You can also incorporate fun games or activities into your parties to make them more interactive and enjoyable.

5. Are there any tips for managing my time and energy during the hectic holiday season?

It's important to prioritize and set boundaries during this busy time. Make sure to schedule breaks and self-care time to avoid burnout. You can also delegate tasks and ask for help from your team or family members to help lighten your load.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmealswithme
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • milkangel