• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Keep Following Up or Move On? - Your Experience with Guest Inquiries

In summary, the speaker had a show at the end of April and two guests showed interest in wedding registry information and fundraising. The speaker sent an email with the information and followed up with two messages. They have not received any response and are wondering if they should focus on their current shows. The expert summarizer advises calling instead of just emailing, as it is more effective in determining interest. They suggest making four calls, spaced out over time, to follow up with potential customers. The expert also shares their personal experience of finally booking a show after several attempts at contacting the customer. They recommend continuing to call, but not as frequently, until a response is received.
chefbecky
I had a show at the end of April and 2 guests wanted info on wedd. reg. and the other on fundraising. I have sent an e-mail with the information and 2 follow-up messages.

NOTHING, no calls and no e-mails, should I let it go and focus on my currant shows? What is your experience? I've had 3 shows so I'm new at this and don't want to be a pest.

When you say follow-up messages, do you mean emails? If so, then I would definitely try to call. You could say something like, "I just wanted to be sure you got the information I sent you & see if you have any questions about it." I think it's always better to actually speak to someone to determine whether or not they're interested. They could be VERY interested, but busy & haven't had a chance to email you back or call....you just never know. Just my opinion. Good luck! :)

I think it is a good idea to call and be sure they recd your email also. If they don't answer, leave a message. I normally put a note in PP to call back in a month or so and check in again.

I usually try to do 4 calls...
#1 - ASAP or within a day or so of e-/snail mail info
#2 - three to four days after first call
#3 - one week after second call
#4 - approx one month after third call.

My schedule is pretty close to Katie's. If I get to that final call (and I do mean calls, not emails), I tell them I don't want to become a Pampered Pest, so I will wait to hear from them.

I would call until they told you to stop calling. (By that I mean 2x the first week, once the second week, after that once per month.) I have had people finally schedule after six months of messages.

I heard somewhere (don't remember where) that people will say yes the 12th time someone asks them something. So don't ask 11 times and let someone else come along and ask them to book a show the 12th time.

Sorry I was unclear about the messages. I called and got no answer just a machine, but maybe I'll just keep calling once a month. Thanks for all your advice it really helps!!!:)

I just finally got in touch with a lady in person that I have been following up with since February... I've left messages that she didn't return... the first time I actually reached her by phone (last week) she booked. So I'd keep trying but maybe not as frequently after a few weeks (as described above).

I call three or four times - always leaving a message since so many people have caller id. I usually say in the final message something like, "this must not be the best time for you, I'll call you at the end of summer (or after the holidays, when school starts, in the spring)."

1. How many times do you typically call a customer before giving up?

At Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. We will make multiple attempts to reach a customer, usually at least 3-5 calls, before considering it a lost cause.

2. Is there a limit to how many times you will call a customer?

While we do make multiple attempts to reach a customer, we also respect their privacy and time. If a customer requests to not be contacted, we will honor their request and stop calling.

3. How often do you call customers for follow-up or to offer new products?

We typically follow up with customers about once a month to offer new products or promotions. However, we also want to ensure we are not being too intrusive, so we may adjust the frequency based on customer preferences.

4. Do you have a specific calling schedule or do you call at random times?

We have a set calling schedule to ensure we are reaching customers at a convenient time for them. Our calling hours are typically during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.

5. Can customers request to only be contacted via email or text?

Yes, customers can absolutely request to be contacted via email or text instead of phone calls. We want to make sure we are communicating with customers in their preferred method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • DMB75