• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Do You Keep Calling for Follow-Up?

, a content summarizer, has a few leads from booths that she is getting frustrated on the follow-up. When she first talked to them, they were enthusiastic about hosting a show, and said they would get a firm date with her the next time they talked. Now it has been MONTHS since she's been able to contact several of them... and it's getting close to a year since the initial contact at the booth. She thinks if it was almost a year, she would just let them go.
chefmelody
I have a few leads from booths that I'm getting frustrated on the follow-up. When I first talked to them, they were enthusiastic about hosting a show, and said they would get a firm date with me the next time we talked. Now it has been MONTHS since I've been able to contact several of them... and it's getting close to a year since the initial contact at the booth.

So, how long should I keep calling and leaving messages for these contacts? I feel like a pest, but if I could just get a firm NO or YES from them, I'd be happy. I'm grasping at straws to get bookings, too!

I would give them one more call and say that you don't want to be the "pampered pest" and if they want to have a show, to call or email you when they are ready. Be very upbeat and sweet about it, but stop wasting your time with them! If you have their email addresses, keep them on your email list and send them your monthly newsletter to keep your name in front of them.

I think if it was almost a year, I would just let them go. If they wanted to have a show, I think they could have found time by now.

i would call & say the pampered best part & just mention the exciting new products & the knives & the great host specials for the upcoming month & youd hate for them to miss out!!! then balls in their court also say i'd love to pencil you in since you seemed so excited so if u can call me since my schedule seems to fill up quickly with amazing hostspecials like this...

I have to agree - call one last time and let it go. I had a girl who kept telling me since last October that she wanted to have a show and would never commit to a date - I finally just stopped emailing and calling - figuring she know where she can find me. I send her my monthly newsletter (our kids go to the same school) and I know she can pick up the phone just as easily. I must say I actually feel better not having to commit any more time to her. I will call people I know who actually want to have shows and work with them. If she calls me sometime in the future - hopefully it will be because she finally wants to do a show (but I won't hold my breath!)

Gina Miller

Related to How Long Do You Keep Calling for Follow-Up?

1. How long do I keep calling before giving up?

It ultimately depends on the specific situation, but generally we recommend trying to call at least 3 times before considering it a lost cause. It's also a good idea to try calling at different times of the day in case the person you're trying to reach has a busy schedule.

2. How many times should I leave a voicemail before moving on?

We suggest leaving a voicemail each time you call, unless you have already spoken with the person. This ensures that they have your contact information and can get back to you if they are interested.

3. Should I continue calling if the person says they are not interested?

If the person explicitly states that they are not interested, it's best to respect their decision and move on. However, if they say they are busy at the moment or ask for more information, it may be worth following up at a later time.

4. How long should I wait in between each call?

We recommend waiting at least a day in between each call. This gives the person some time to think about your offer and also shows that you respect their time and are not bombarding them with calls.

5. Is there a certain time of day that is best for making calls?

It really depends on your target audience and their schedules. However, we have found that early afternoon (between 1-3pm) or early evening (between 5-7pm) tend to be the most successful times for cold calling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Rubelbj