• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Answering Machines: Strategies for Calling Contacts

Hi this is Debbie Mireles calling from the Pampered Chef. I met you at the store and remember how excited you are about hosting a show. You can reach me at XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXXX anytime after or before XX:XX. I look forward to hearing from you, in case we don't connect in a few days I will be calling back on Friday at XX:XX to see if I can catch you. Thank you so much for your purchase! Talk to you soon, goodbye!
dwyerkim
wondering how you all deal with them. I've been really working on calling contacts but I get so many answering machines. If I am following up about an order I usually leave a message inviting them to call me back, thanking them for their order, and asking if they have any questions/concerns. They don't call back 99 times out of 100. If I am calling a contact from a fair, I usually leave a message the first time I call with a special offer if they call within a week (they don't call), after that for repeat calls I've not been leaving messages b/c I would rather try and catch them in person. Any other ideas? I've only got two shows booked for May and really want more like 8-10! Thanks for any help!

I have no idea how to help you Kimberly ... I have the SAME problem and would LOVE to hear some ideas about this! I have my show, a catalog show and a cooking show on the 19th, but I would really like help to get my bookigns up for May and also June/July becuase my husband is deploying then.

I have the same problem too. What I usually do for CCC is just let them know they can call me with questions. For leads, I tell them they are welcome to call me back, but that if I don't hear from them in a few days I'll try again. I usually leave this message a couple of times. If I haven't heard back in a few tries, I figure they are trying to ignore me & just leave a message that I'm sorry I've been unable to reach them but I'd love for them to call me back.

Unfortunately this happens to everyone. I love and hate caller id at the same time. I have found that if I call from another phone at a different time of day (i.e. my work) instead of my standard home or cell phone I might just be able to reach them. Some are intentionally avoiding our calls while others are so busy like we are they just don't have time to call us back. Some mean well but keep forgetting and just assume you will call back and catch them. The only advice I can say and believe me I really have this problem too but, just keep trying. Leave a message that says something like this. "Hi this is _____ from the Pampered Chef. I met you at ______ and I remember how excited you work about hosting a show,etc. (or you fill in the blank). You can reach me @ (817)__________. I look forward to hearing from you." When or if they don't return your call call them a few more times. On the 3rd call or so just simply state something like this." Hi ______, this is ___________- from the Pampered Chef. I am so sorry I haven't been able to reach you. A good time to reach me is ________pm and my phone number is ________. If I don't hear from you I will keep trying until we connect as I know you were really excited about _________. (or) the ending line could be "If I don't hear from you by ________ I will assume you are not interested and I will need to remove you from my mailing list."

Most of the time they will call back (of course with lots of excuses) before I have to use that last line. Sometimes I will reach them and sometimes not. Just keep trying but do go to a different phone first and see how that works. Let me know how it goes.

good tips sharon, thanks

I leave message about a call backI usually leave my phone number but also let them know that if I don't hear from them I will be calling back in a few days to either talk about their new products, hosting a show, or referrals.

Hello this is Debbie Mireles calling from the Pampered Chef. I was calling to talk about the new products you received and to see if I could answer any questions you might have. I would love to send you some recipes that you could use with your new products. You can reach me at XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXXX anytime after or before XX:XX. I look forward to hearing from you, in case we don't connect in a few days I will be calling back on Friday at XX:XX to see if I can catch you. Thank you so much for your purchase! Talk to you soon, goodbye!

Or I was calling to discuss some possible show dates with you since you showed an interest in hosting a show!

Debbie :D

1. How can I leave a professional voicemail when calling a contact?

When leaving a voicemail for a contact, make sure to introduce yourself and state the reason for your call. Speak clearly and leave your contact information, including your name, phone number, and company name. It's also helpful to mention a specific time frame for when you will follow up with them.

2. What should I do if I get a voicemail greeting that doesn't mention the person's name?

If you are unsure of who you are reaching on a voicemail, it's best to leave a general message and ask the person to call you back. For example, you can say "Hello, this is [Your Name] from Pampered Chef. I'm calling regarding [reason for your call]. Please give me a call back at [your phone number]. Thank you."

3. Is it appropriate to leave the same voicemail message multiple times?

No, it's not recommended to leave the same voicemail message multiple times. If you haven't received a response after leaving a voicemail, try sending an email or reaching out through a different channel. If you do choose to leave a second voicemail, make sure to change up your message and mention that you have already attempted to reach out.

4. How can I keep my voicemail concise and effective?

When leaving a voicemail, it's important to keep it brief and to the point. Stick to one main message and avoid rambling or leaving too many details. This will make it easier for the recipient to listen to and understand your message.

5. Should I leave a voicemail for every contact I call?

It is not necessary to leave a voicemail for every contact you call. If you are calling a large number of contacts, prioritize leaving voicemails for those who are most relevant or important to your business. For others, you can try reaching out through a different channel or simply move on to your next call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies