• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brainstorm Ideas to Reach Out to Inactive Contacts

In summary, if you have not spoken to a customer in over 3 years, you can reach them by calling 3 yr old contacts. You can also reach out to your past hosts, customers who have purchased products from you in the past, and customers with tools that are about to expire.
Bren706
Gold Member
For a long time I had been in a rut calling the same contacts over and over again, leaving voicemail after voicemail. Sound familiar? Then I saw a thread here on CS about calling 3 yr old contacts (contacts that you have not spoken to in over 3 years, LOL), and I got inspired to pick up the phone to call my customers that I have not spoken to in a year or two. I have reached a few of those customers and they have been happy to hear from me. I began with my past hosts.

Now that I have picked over my past host list, I am wondering who to call next. Let's brainstorm some ideas on who to call from our previous contacts. We all know that we have not contacted "every single person on our list".

Here are some of my ideas:

Alphabetical order - I think I remember Cheryl B (koolotus) post something about she just ran a list and started at the top and called all of her customers :).

Pantry customers - call to see if they need new ones (although, mine would only be for the last 10 months because my first 3 years of customers are in a separate state, and I would think the shipping would not be justifiable. Thoughts?

Customers who wish list items are an upcoming host special/guest special

Customers who ordered products from lines that may have been added to (for example bamboo, metal sheet pans, Dots simple additions, etc.) - would they like to add a piece or two to their collection?

Revisit your List of 100

Ok, so there is a start. Who else can we call from our current contact list?

Oh, and of course, if you are not already doing so,

Customer Care Calls - I run "Show Summary" reports and make my calls show by show.

Call customers with products with guarantees that will be expiring soon (1 year, 3 year, 5 year).

Last edited:
I am a newer consultant....4 months!! And I love the idea of calling customers before their product expires to make sure everything is good with it!!! Thanks for the ideas!!!

I also talk to people when I'm shopping or out with my son, and let them know about Pampered Chef. I have a Bridal shower in the summer now, because I noticed a girl with an engagement ring and commented on it!!!!

Here's an awesome script I inherited from a friend:Hi, there (Amy!) This is (Scott) with the Pampered Chef, and I just wanted to check to be sure all of your Pampered Chef tools are behaving themselves and playing well with others! If you feel like you need a ["recess" if you choose to follow the theme] break right now, maybe it's time to schedule a Pampered Chef show!

Cute script Scott! LOL

I've been thinking about looking at lists of my customers who bought a certain item (MFP, DCB, MMP -- that's Manual Food Processor, Deep Covered Baker and Mini Muffin Pan for anyone who's new :) ) and emailing them with a recipe or even one of the great recipe booklets from this site and then following up with a call to make sure they got it. If I send the book, I thought I could mention one or two recipes in it that I really like.

I have put together a mailing list of everyone who's purchased a DCB from me and plan to contact them after the holidays to see if they would like to be on a list to get occasional recipes from me to use in the DCB. I was thinking of sending less than one a month just so I didn't flood their inbox. But if I found a recipe I really liked including ones from here like all the great ones with frozen chicken breasts that have been posted, I could send it along to them. My thought is, I'll be in their minds and if they have a question or want more recipes, they will contact me. I've found that I receive a decent number of emails as replies to my newsletter or other correspondence that have nothing to do with what I was sending them -- they just saw my name and that made them think, "Oh, I've been meaning to tell her I needed a new chopper." So, putting my name in front of them more often and with something very useful to them, I thought that might increase. And also, if they see others tools being used in the recipes, they might be interested in purchasing them.

I'm guessing some won't be interested in receiving recipes, but I think a lot will.

1. How do I identify inactive contacts?

To identify inactive contacts, you can run a report in your Pampered Chef back office that shows the last time each contact made a purchase. If it has been more than six months since their last purchase, they may be considered inactive.

2. What are some ways to reach out to inactive contacts?

One idea is to send a personalized email or postcard to reconnect with them. You could also offer them a special incentive or discount to encourage them to make a purchase. Additionally, hosting a virtual event or cooking demonstration can be a great way to re-engage with inactive contacts.

3. How often should I reach out to inactive contacts?

This can vary depending on your specific business and audience, but a general rule of thumb is to reach out to inactive contacts every 3-6 months. This allows you to stay on their radar without being too pushy.

4. What types of content should I include when reaching out to inactive contacts?

When reaching out to inactive contacts, it's important to provide value and make them feel special. You can include exclusive offers, new product information, recipes, and tips for using Pampered Chef products. You can also personalize the content by referencing their past purchases or interests.

5. How can I prevent contacts from becoming inactive in the future?

To prevent contacts from becoming inactive, it's important to stay in touch regularly. This can include sending newsletters or emails with new product information, hosting virtual events, and offering personalized support and recommendations. You can also encourage them to join your social media groups to stay updated on the latest products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Bren706