• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say to Get Their Info for Contact?

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for obtaining contact information from potential customers without being pushy. Suggestions include offering a monthly VIP newsletter, using a notepad with pre-printed lines for contact information, and offering a free monthly drawing for a cookbook or cooking demonstration. The conversation also emphasizes the importance of providing a service to the customer and not being pushy, especially during difficult economic times.
Jess_K
I'm having a problem knowing how to get contact information for people who are interested in purchasing products. How do I get their contact info without feeling like I'm being pushy. Any wording? any ideas would be very helpful. I was so excited about making 4 in person contacts today! But it sort of cancels when I didn't get the right info to follow up. I'm sure there is something out there that I just haven't been good about reading or something. Any direction would be great! I'm looking to increase my sales and get my business going. I'd love to somehow pull of two recruits for leadership!

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Jess

I just tell them I need ALL your Contact Information for Guarantee purposes.

They have the choice if they want to join my Monthly VIP newsletter club.

I would have a notepad that already has lines that say: Name Address Phone Email and then they have to fill out every line. Just say, "Oh- I'd love to send you a catalog and let you know when things go on sale. Just fill out the info on this slip!"I'm new myself- but this is what I am trying.

If you are talking about people you meet on the street, always carry your DPDS with you. You can let them know that you do a monthly drawing for a free cookbook from people you talk to on the street. They don't have to know that everyone is a winner but it enables you to get their information and follow up with them. Or you can "mysteriously" not have any catalogs on you and have a reason to need their information to send a catalog and then follow up with them

I staple the door prize slip to the catalog and tell them it's for a drawing at the end of the month and everyone wins a FREE cooking demonstration for their friends.

If you are handing out a catalog to someone while running errands, have a post-it attached to every catalog. As you are handing them the catalog you can say "you know, I'd love to add you to my e-newsletter that I send out every month to my customers. I list the monthly specials as well as new recipes. Just jot down your name, and email address for me. Oh, don't forget to add your phone number as well because I do monthly drawings. If you want, you can also write down your address as well, so I can let you know when the new catalog comes out." I say all this very casually, as if I were talking to an old friend. I have never had a problem. Sometimes they write just their email address with no phone or address, and that's fine. Good Luck!

BTW, the monthly drawing is anything from free shipping to a spatula, season's best, coupons for 10%, 15%, basically the things we use as prizes for our shows. I'm all about keeping the store not giving away the store. The idea is to have an excuse to contact them again as a way of opening the door to booking a show.

Sorry, one more thing. You are not being pushy especially when they are expressing interest in purchasing products. You are providing them a service. A way of purchasing the products they need and want. :)

Debrachef you do make a good point. I always forget that it's about them and not me. I'm not being pushy when I'm trying to give them free products and great tips. The economy excuse is starting to get a little old though. You're still gonna eat and shop just not as much. With Christmas around the corner you would think that they would be knocking down our doors for a chance to host a show and earn free products which could be gifts for others.

cheryl929 said:
I staple the door prize slip to the catalog and tell them it's for a drawing at the end of the month and everyone wins a FREE cooking demonstration for their friends.

This is great because you don't have to remember to grab it from another pad! And the FREE cooking show gives you more business. Remember, everyone can be a winner if you want to buy the food yourself, so this is a great way to get bookings if you need them. Also this saves you the cost of mailing someone a catalog if you 'mysteriously' don't have any on you (someone else's suggestion). I personally keep the mini-catalogs on me with a sticker that says "Discover more online" and has my website where they can view the whole catalog. I have the door prize slips in my bag for them to fill out. If they are really serious and want to book a show, I have the full catalog in my car, so I can run out and get it but this keeps my expenses down for the window shoppers.

1. How can I politely ask for someone's contact information?

One approach is to simply say, "May I have your contact information so I can follow up with you later?" This shows that you value their time and are interested in keeping in touch. Another option is to mention that you would love to share more information about our products or promotions with them and ask for their contact information.

2. What should I say when asking for a customer's phone number?

It's best to be direct and respectful when asking for a customer's phone number. You can say something like, "Could I get your phone number so I can reach out to you if I have any questions or updates about your order?" This shows that you are responsible and want to ensure a smooth process for them.

3. How do I ask for an email address without being pushy?

You can ask for an email address by saying something like, "If you don't mind, could I have your email address so I can send you some more information about our products? I promise I won't spam you!" This acknowledges their privacy and shows that you respect their inbox.

4. Is it appropriate to ask for a customer's address for future marketing purposes?

It is important to always ask for permission before using someone's address for marketing purposes. You can say something like, "Would you be interested in receiving occasional mail from us about new products and special offers? If so, may I have your address?" This allows the customer to decide if they want to receive mail from your company.

5. How do I ask for someone's contact information without making it seem like a sales pitch?

One way to ask for contact information without sounding too sales-oriented is to mention that you would like to stay connected in case they have any questions or need assistance in the future. You can say something like, "I would love to stay in touch with you. Could I have your contact information in case you have any questions about our products or need help with an order?" This shows that you value the customer's needs and are not solely focused on making a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • esavvymom