• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Consulting: Tips on How to Get Started with Pampered Chef

In summary, Tristan recommends starting by calling everyone on your list, sending out a postcard to those who respond, and setting a date for your grand opening.
CAPCnewbie
I've just made the decision to become a Pampered Chef consultant and the next step is to organize a few shows. I have many contacts and wanted to send out an email with some sort of flyer announcing my new business.
Does anyone have any suggestions for wording or any tips on how to get started?

I've bene lurking for only 2 days now and have learned quite alot so far. I can see this site will be very helpful.

Welcome!There used to be a "guess what I'm doing!" postcard floating around, but in my quick look I wasn't able to find it. I'll keep looking. :D

Well, I didn't find anything in the files but... what you'll learn through all of the great training that Pampered Chef offers is that you want to give a quick synopsis of what your life was like before PC, why you started PC, and what you hope to accomplish through your business. Then you can go into all the great benefits that Pampered Chef has to offer including shows, etc.Here is what I wrote in the form of a postcard when I first started a few years ago. Hopefully it will give you an idea. I had recently gotten married and therefore had the addresses of much of my friends and family. I made it a point to send it to everyone, so then I HAD to follow up with each of them to make sure they got my postcard. I am so excited to be living my dreams through The Pampered Chef. Having recently received my teaching credential, I continue to look for a permanent teaching position in the Redding area and have found The Pampered Chef to be the perfect business to help provide the financial stability that Gabe and I need. I love to connect with people, and to show that cooking can be fun, delicious, easy, and a great healthy family activity! It’s exciting to know that as Gabe and I grow as a family and in our careers, The Pampered chef will be there to fill in the ups and downs of our lives.
Recently, I have become so excited about all of the NEW, simple, and delicious recipes that Pampered Chef has to offer, they are less than $2 a serving! I would love to share some of these with you and your friends, call me so that we can compare calendars. I also have a website that I would love for you to check out and let me know what you think ☺ www.pamperedchef..... and if you or someone you know would like more information about our fundraisers, wonderful wedding registry or starting your own business, please let me know. Many blessings and Live your dreams,
Tristen

Last edited:
My best advice to you is this:

1) BE EXCITED! Tell EVERYONE to come into contact with (even if you don't know them ~ start-up a conversation!) "I'M SOOOOO EXCITED! I JUST STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS WITH THE PAMPERED CHEF!" This will start conversation. If you are excited...they will be excited!

2) What you can if they ask you what PC is ~ "I'm going to be paid to party! I'll be teaching people how they can cook a meal in less than 30 minutes while have a GREAT time using time-saving tools! It's a SIMPLE, FAST and FUN couple of hours! Want to help jump start my new business and be one of my "CHARTER" hosts?"

3) Set your GRAND OPENING DATE!!! A kick-off party in your home. I would suggest a "night" party (like Friday night) and "morning/weekend" (like Saturday morning...two days in a row (so, you don't have to set up/clean your house twice! LOL)

4) Create your list of 100. This is the PC bible! I've been in this biz for over 8 years and I constantly re-visit my List of 100. Take a few minutes and write down the names of EVERYONE you know. Even those you don't know their name (grocery clerk, doctor, dentist, bank teller, manicurist, child's teacher, soccer team parents...the list can go on!)

5) Start calling everyone on your List of 100.
5a)I would start by saying..."I just started my new business with TPC. . . I'm looking for someone I would like to "learn" with...want to start your own business with me? I would love to learn with you because ____(compliment)_____! What do you think? (Compliments could be something like: "You're a great cook!" "You have a great personality!" "You are the life of the party!" "You're so organized!" "I think you'd be GREAT at this!" (Are you scared of being pushy? YOU ARE NOT BEING PUSHY---YOU ARE "OFFERING" A GIFT~ONE THEY HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO TAKE. AN EXTRA $400/MO CAN KEEP SOMEONE OUT OF BANKRUPTSY! We are not mind-readers...we have no idea who needs more $$, time out away from the family, need a stress reliever, etc.
5b) If they say no thanks, CLARIFY..."Does no mean, not now or no, never?"
5c) Still no, "that's okay! Would you like to be one of my "charter" hosts?"
5d) Still no, "that's okay...could I count on you to come to my Grand Opening on Friday night February 27 or Saturday morning February 28?"

6) Book a MINIMUM of 2 shows a week...consistency is EVERYTHING in business!

7) The TELEPHONE is your BEST friend. Sending letters, notes, emails to announce your new business is only good if YOU FOLLOW-UP with a personal phone call.

Do all of the above...you'll have a FANTASTIC career with TPC! Best wishes to you and your new biz!

Last edited:
Welcome! The above posts have awesome advice!! I might add, The Pampered Chef website has a TON of training on products, conducting your shows, tele-classes, links to download National and Leadership conferences workshops, etc...There is a wealth of information there. Also, your director should be a tremendous help too, don't be afraid to ask him or her anything and everything, no question is wrong or dumb.
You have chosen a great company to be associated with too! The Pampered Chef has fabulous products that fill a great need right now with the economy, even this is addressed, check it out on the website. Chef Success is a great tool too, there are lots of knowledgeable consultants here to guide you. One tip I have with CS (Chef Success) is to try not to be on CS when you should be on the telephone making contacts and follow up. From 7 to 8:30 you should be on the phone actively working your business, not every night maybe, but whenever you decide it's best for you (you may have to grab small pockets of time, like 5 or 10 minutes here and there too).
I try not to call after 9, unless I have asked that person if it is okay with them beforehand. Anyway, my point is save your "chat" time on CS when it is too late or too early to be on the phone. Chef Success will be a great help to you and your business. The files section has great documents and attachments that you can use too. The great thing about The Pampered Chef is that we are not in competition with each other, we want to help each other. We all want you to succeed!
God Bless your new adventure with The Pampered Chef!
Deb

Thankyou for taking the time to welcome me and for all of the great advice and suggestions. This weekend I've planned my grand opening and booked my first show in March. I still haven't received my full kit yet and nor do I have access to the PC site yet.
Hopefully this week I will.

Welcome, and truly learn about your products and your business will flourish.

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. We are committed to providing our customers with products that make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

How do I become a consultant with Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant with Pampered Chef, you can either sign up online or through a consultant who referred you. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary tools and materials to get started. Once you have your kit, you can start hosting parties and selling products to earn commissions.

What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, receive discounts on products, and build your own business. You also get to connect with other consultants and be a part of a supportive community. Additionally, you can set your own schedule and work from home.

Do I need to have any prior sales experience to become a consultant?

No prior sales experience is necessary to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide all the training and support you need to be successful. Our consultants come from a variety of backgrounds and have different levels of experience.

What kind of training and support does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training and support for our consultants. We provide online and in-person training, as well as access to marketing materials, product information, and a personal website. We also have a team of experienced consultants who are always willing to offer guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedChefJoanne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Christine Hughes