• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing With a Dishonest Host: Should I Reach Out or Move On?

In summary, the consultant's first and only recruit failed to pay a show's submission fee and as a result, the host reached out to PC who informed her that the consultant had not sent in the payment. The consultant then sent all of the relevant information to the host, indicating that she had already paid. However, because the host had already shipped the product, the consultant was out of luck. Ultimately, the consultant was contacted by the host and asked not to book any more shows with the host. The niece had nothing to do with what her aunt did and the host should call the neice as though nothing was wrong.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Ok I did a show for this lady who I know her through her husband....her aunt booked a show off of her show...when her aunt had her show she decided to sign...well she did worse that being a kit napper...she was a thief...she ended up stealing the money for the show...she submitted the show but never sent the money....so I am trying to get bookings and I want to make some phone calls but I am wondering if I should even call her...what if her aunt tries to say that she wants to have another party....NOT WITH ME!! I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH HER AGAIN!! But do you think that I should call the original host?? I really am torn by this...I mean maybe she will say no if I ask but you never no...what should I do??

Any help on this would be great...and if this question doesn't make sense just let me know I will try to clerify.

So the lady signed and submitted a show and stole money from that show? Is that what she did? Please clarify. I'm confused.

How did she submit a show without submitting the money?

Hm... maybe she didn't understand how the process works when submitting a show?

sailortena said:
So the lady signed and submitted a show and stole money from that show? Is that what she did? Please clarify. I'm confused.

Yes that is what she did...she was my first and only recruit...she had a show, and submitted it and was supposed to send a check for the amount but she never did...so the host got in touch with PC to see where her stuff was since she couldn't contact the consultant and they said that they never received payment...she sent them all of the info saying that she paid and that her check had been cashed and PC sent her her show and last I knew they were taking legal action against the consultant.

If everyone paid with checks, she could have spent the money and still submitted it using PC debit card. It would bounce, but because HO usually ships BEFORE they process the debits, then they're the ones out of luck.

I've heard of this happening with other consultants before - contact HO and make sure they understand that you did not know she was going to do that, and that you are unwilling to do business with her again.

dannyzmom said:
How did she submit a show without submitting the money?

I am not sure...my director is the one that it went through I only got all of my info from her...my main question here is should I call her neice about having another show and if she tries to book I would have to say no to her...should I even chance that or should I just not even call her neice to book a show??

I don't know, that is a tough call. I would imagine that the aunt would probably not show since what she did. I wouldn't take blame on the niece for what her aunt did. I might give her a call. I would absolutely not book a show with the aunt though.

chefheidi2003 said:
I am not sure...my director is the one that it went through I only got all of my info from her...my main question here is should I call her neice about having another show and if she tries to book I would have to say no to her...should I even chance that or should I just not even call her neice to book a show??
The niece had nothing to do with what her aunt did. I would call her as though nothing was wrong. I would bet that the aunt will not show her face at one of your parties and if she does and orders I would only accept cash.

As far as the aunt booking again - I doubt highly that she would but I don't know that I would write her off either. If I let her book and we'd have to have a good heart to heart talk before that would happen, I would require that all payments be made directly to me and that she (the aunt) pay her part by cash or money order. She may have just been going through something and PC will be handling that anyway.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
The niece had nothing to do with what her aunt did. I would call her as though nothing was wrong. I would bet that the aunt will not show her face at one of your parties and if she does and orders I would only accept cash.

thank you...I will probably call her...

chefheidi2003 said:
So I am still confused about this.

Is this what happened?
She signed under you but your director handled (helped with) the new consultant's first show since she didn't have her debit card (...or a computer) yet and needed to do it via mail. She submitted the show via mail but didn't include payment with the order? And then never sent that check to HO?

That is what I am understanding...I feel like a dud because I don't know enough about it, but I recruited her shortly after I started and though she was under me my director did everything...and yes she submitted via mail with no payment.

chefheidi2003 said:
That is what I am understanding...I feel like a dud because I don't know enough about it, but I recruited her shortly after I started and though she was under me my director did everything...and yes she submitted via mail with no payment.
Don't feel that way! You were new too and it was good that your director helped her. It would have been nice if the director would have had you sit in on what was done since it was an unusual transaction and it was your recruit but that's not your fault (and not bad that she didn't).

It was great that you shared the business so soon in your own! I'm sorry it didn't work out but we all learn from these things.

You have your bad experience out of the way! Now go get the good ones!

BethCooks4U said:
Don't feel that way! You were new too and it was good that your director helped her. It would have been nice if the director would have had you sit in on what was done since it was an unusual transaction and it was your recruit but that's not your fault (and not bad that she didn't).

It was great that you shared the business so soon in your own! I'm sorry it didn't work out but we all learn from these things.

You have your bad experience out of the way! Now go get the good ones!

Thank you I needed that.

Give her a call Heidi....if the Aunt does by chance show up and place an order make sure she pays in cash!! But I doubt that she will show up.

just little side bar, Until you become a director you know nothing about your recruits, all info goes to your director. Sales, problems, everything.
I lost some recruits in the beginning, because I didn't know what they were doing and my director at the name wasn't really in the picture.

pclinskie said:
just little side bar, Until you become a director you know nothing about your recruits, all info goes to your director. Sales, problems, everything.
I lost some recruits in the beginning, because I didn't know what they were doing and my director at the name wasn't really in the picture.
You are right. All stats go to the director but you do get stats once you are a Future Dorector and you can get the stats even before that either from your director or directly from your recruit.

That's why it's important for the recruiter to build a relationship with the new consultant - well that and when the recruiter promotes she wants to be viewed as the leader.

I train my recruiters to be trainers. They are in on the calls with their recruits and they make some of them themselves. We are a team. I am there to support the recruiter as a leader and all of those in my downline as consultants.

good directorBeth you sound like a GREAT director. My director finally backed out and now I have an awesome director, but for 5 years I was clueless, sign one lose one,, sign one, lose one. I never knew what to do with a recruit and Never wanted to be a director. Things have changed around the last two years!!!I finally promoted in July, and I make sure I talk to my team members every week!! NOW I feel like a team!! even with my fellow directors.

tpc goalBeth how is the TPC goal for recruiting? Good luck!!

What should I do if my host is being dishonest?

If you suspect that your host is being dishonest, it is important to address the situation in a professional and timely manner. Here are a few steps you can take:

• 1. Gather evidence: Before confronting your host, make sure to gather evidence to support your suspicions. This could include screenshots of communication, signed contracts, or other tangible proof.
  • 2. Have a conversation: Reach out to your host and express your concerns. Be sure to approach the conversation calmly and avoid accusatory language. Simply state the facts and ask for an explanation.
  • 3. Consider mediation: If the situation cannot be resolved between you and your host, consider involving a neutral third party to mediate the situation. This could be a mutual friend or a professional mediator.
  • 4. Determine next steps: Depending on the severity of the dishonesty and the outcome of your conversation, you may need to reevaluate your relationship with the host. This could mean ending the business relationship or finding a new host.
  • 5. Learn from the experience: Dealing with a dishonest host can be a difficult and frustrating experience. Take the time to reflect on what went wrong and what you can do to prevent similar situations in the future.

Is it worth confronting a dishonest host?

Confronting a dishonest host can be a difficult decision. Ultimately, it depends on the severity of the situation and your personal boundaries. If the dishonesty is affecting your business or causing you significant stress, it may be worth addressing. However, if the situation is minor or you feel that it is not worth the potential conflict, it may be best to simply move on.

How can I prevent dealing with a dishonest host in the future?

While it is impossible to completely prevent dealing with a dishonest host, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk:

• 1. Set clear expectations: Make sure your host understands their responsibilities and your expectations from the beginning of the business relationship.
  • 2. Communicate effectively: Maintain open and honest communication with your host. This can help prevent misunderstandings and address any issues before they escalate.
  • 3. Have a written contract: A written contract can help protect both parties and provide a clear understanding of the agreement.
  • 4. Trust your instincts: If you have a gut feeling that something isn't right, trust it. Keep an eye out for red flags and address any concerns as soon as possible.

Should I try to salvage the relationship with a dishonest host?

It depends on the severity of the dishonesty and your personal boundaries. If the dishonesty has caused significant harm to your business or trust has been irreparably damaged, it may be best to move on. However, if the situation can be resolved and the host is willing to work towards rebuilding trust, it may be worth salvaging the relationship.

How can I protect myself from a dishonest host?

Protecting yourself from a dishonest host starts with taking precautions and being aware of potential warning signs. Here are a few tips:

• 1. Keep records: Make sure to keep a record of all communication and transactions with your host. This can serve as evidence in case of any disputes.
  • 2. Research your host: Before entering into a business relationship, do some research on your host. Look for reviews or ask for references from other consultants who have worked with them.
  • 3. Have a backup plan: It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case things don't work out with your host. This could mean having other potential hosts in mind or diversifying your hosting options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • aried