• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jeannie's Journey: Starting a Pampered Chef Business

In summary, Jeannie is starting her new business and is excited to have her consultant ID and 8 booked shows. She is looking for advice on what recipes to make and what ingredients to bring. She has also ordered the Trifle Bowl and is excited to make it for her first show.
Chef_Jeannie
Hi Everyone,

I am just starting my new business, and I'm so excited. I received my consultant ID today, and have been checking out the Pampered Chef website.

I have 8 shows booked for my first 30 days(except I found out my 30 days ends on 4/27, and I have a show booked on 4/28). But I should be okay.

Do you have any advice for what recipes to make during these shows, I'm ordering the Trifle Bowl, so hopefully, I can get a few people to choose one of the easy Trifle Bowl desserts.

I'm hoping I will get several bookings and leads from these shows.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to share with me.
Jeannie

In your kit, you will get show presentation cards for three recipes--Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, a Garden Pizza, and Artichoke Cups. Those are designed to be made with the tools you will get in your kit.

You can also do the Essential recipes from our Taste of the Tropics theme. The info on them should also be in your new kit. Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups, Aloha Pizza, and a dessert (can't remember which one) are the Essential ones.

You can also ask your director for more suggestions!

Welcome and congrats on starting your business with a bang!

Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Welcome and congratulations on starting your new business off so strongly!!

My best piece of advice is HAVE FUN!!

...and read, take PC classes (FREE), share your business with everyone, and have fun!!!

Thanks for the advice.

For some reason, my host's aren't excited about those recipes. I purchased the large round stone and woven tray as a 1/2 price item from the show I hosted. So I'm trying to get them to do some sort of ring.

My first cooking show is next Saturday....I CAN'T WAIT. I should get my kit one day next week, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Wow, you are doing great!

Suggest the Aloha Pizza? I made this at 2 shows already and the guests and hosts LOVED it! :)

Broccoli Ham Ring is also one of my personal favorites - shows a a lot of tools!

I would give your hosts two recipe choices to choose from. Don't let them bully you into making something that you're not familiar with or that is too difficult or that you don't have all the tools for.

This month I'm offering my hosts Aloha Pizza or a dessert in the Trifle Bowl. That's it. No one has had a problem with that yet. I'm making Aloha Pizza tonight and next Wednesday and a Trifle next Friday.

Congratulations!
Try to Strawberry Am. Pastries when you have time! They are sooo good! Demo. some recipes for you and the fam. and pick one or two you LOVE! Offer those easy ones to your hosts and have fun! Your enthusiasm for the products will sell better than you being a stressed out caterer!

I'd also suggest the Aloha Pizza! I've gotten RAVE reviews on that recipe...even made it 1/2 with chicken and 1/2 without because the show was on a Friday night...no meat for the Catholic people. It was yummy even without the chicken. I do bake all of the toppings though...I think it tastes better with the peppers and pineapple cooked.
Good luck...and I know you'll do well!! Way to start your business right! Don't forget to ask people about booking and the business...even if they mark NO on their door prize slips!!

You are off to a fantastic start!

Welcome to our virtual cluster!

Congratulations...you have started off on the right foot! Find one or two recipes that you are comfortable with (read: have practiced and know) and offer those to your hosts. Especially in the beginning, it is very important that you keep it as simple as possible for yourself, otherwise you may become overwhelmed. I would pick one sweet recipe and one savory recipe. The trifle bowl will be a great addition to your kit!

Remember that everyone here has been in the same boat as you, so ask us anything! This is a great group to be involved with!

Welcome Jeannie!

Welcome!

I agree with the advice as given above.

One thing you can do is use your newness to your advantage. Tell the hosts that you've only learned Recipe X, so that's what you're doing at shows. If you do the same thing at all of them, you'll get comfortable with it and be more likely to remember to talk about bookings and recruiting. And most people understand the "It's my first day" excuse. :)

Welcome to our happy family! :D I agree with what everyone else has said... pick a few recipes and only offer those. I usually give my hosts a choice of appetizer, main dish, or dessert. (They usually pick dessert, I've found, but it depends on the time of show.) Then I only have one or two recipes for each of those categories. And that's even more than some consultants offer. So, this part of the host coaching call might go something like:

Me: So, let's talk about the recipe we're going to do at your show. Right now Pampered Chef is doing a theme of "Taste of the Tropics," with tropical-themed recipes. Does that sound interesting to you?
Host: That sounds kind of cool. What kind of recipes do you have?
Me: Well, that depends on what you're wanting. Do you think you'd like to do an appetizer or dessert recipe? Or maybe a main dish recipe where everyone would just get a sample of it?
Host: Well... the show is at 2 on Sunday... what do you think? (I've had this said a lot.)
Me: I think everyone would have just eaten lunch and might want some dessert to top it off. Or maybe a little snack to hold them over till dinner.
Host: Hm, okay. A dessert would probably be good.
Me: Great! I'm doing an awesome dessert recipe in our new Trifle Bowl... you can see it on the front cover of the catalogue there. Or I can make a rum cake with fruit, which you can see on the next to last page of your catalogue. Do either of those sound good?
Host: Oh yeah, that trifle looks yummy!

This is almost the exact conversation I had with my host last week. :D If the host doesn't like the tropics ideas, you can discuss other options, of course. But again, don't offer too many options, or the host might get overwhelmed!

Welcome... your off to a wonderful start!!!! Don't be afraid to ask questions on here.....

welcome and have fun with your new business!

Welcome to PC and the cheffers forum. We are a great virtual cluster. Have fun with your new venture, may it be a great success.

welcome and congrats on your new business. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I am a fairly new consultant and I made the elegant artichoke cups last night at home. They are very very good. I ate more than half myself. They are also very easy and fun to make.

Welcome, Jeannie! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start!! In addition to the great ideas everyone else has given, I'd like to suggest two really easy appetizers: Touchdown Taco Dip and Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip. Both have been huge hits at my shows. Also, the Chocolate Chip Sensation dessert pizza...that always wows 'em and it's easy!BTW, is Jean your real name or Jeannie? Most people call me Jeannie, but my real first/middle name is Jean Marie. I have only known four other Jeans that are around my age (33), and each was from a completely different part of my life (high school, college, around town, school mom)!

Thanks for all the advice, I can use all the information/help I can get.

To answer your question. My name is actually Lois Jeanne, and show how my parents made it Jeannie. I meet very few people with my name.

Nice to meet you.

I have a catalog show closing on Friday, and my first LIVE cooking show on Saturday. I'm getting so excited, I can't wait to receive my kit and play with it this week.

Take care,
Jeannie

Jeannie - the Garden Pizza is excellent and uses all the products in your starter kit. The card you will get in your kit will show you step by step on how to make it. I would offer that at every show...or the Aloha Pizza - the recipe will be in the Seasons Best cookbook you are getting. Just remember to keep it simple - using the same recipe for your first shows is a great idea to get you really familiar with the products and will make thing go so easy and relaxing for you! Good Luck and Welcome!

I just had my first cooking show this past Sat. There were 24 people there and $1,000 in sales. I made the Fantastic Focaccia Bread. It was easy to do and it was a hit. Everyone asked to email them the recipe.

Congrats on a great first show. I hope to have the same success.

Hmm, I'm thinkin I should treat them as yeses and see how it works from there? I will let ya know how it goes with my calls! Thanks for sharing everyone!

If you need ring recipes call me at 989-948-7155 I have lots!!!

Brand Spanking New/Theme Show ??Just signed my agreement today. Working hard at getting 8 booked for the next month but Spring Break is posing a problem.

?? Has anyone done a restaurant makeover theme? One of my colleagues asked if I could do something along that line. I have a tendency to bring "makeover" recipes in for gatherings. For example, Olive Garden's Chicken Scampi or Chilli's Salsa.

1. What is "Jeannie's Journey: Starting a Pampered Chef Business" all about?

"Jeannie's Journey" is a comprehensive guide that takes you through the process of starting and growing a successful Pampered Chef business. It covers everything from setting up your business, to hosting cooking shows, to recruiting and training a team.

2. Is this guide only for beginners or can experienced consultants benefit from it as well?

While "Jeannie's Journey" is designed with new consultants in mind, it also offers valuable insights and tips for experienced consultants looking to take their business to the next level. It's a great resource for anyone looking to grow their Pampered Chef business.

3. How is "Jeannie's Journey" different from other Pampered Chef resources?

"Jeannie's Journey" is unique in that it's written by a successful Pampered Chef consultant who has gone through the entire journey herself. It offers a personal perspective and practical advice that can't be found in other resources. Plus, it's constantly updated with the latest tips and strategies.

4. Does "Jeannie's Journey" cover social media and online marketing strategies?

Yes, "Jeannie's Journey" includes a section on social media and online marketing, as well as tips for utilizing these tools to grow your Pampered Chef business. It's important to have a strong online presence in today's digital world, and this guide can help you do just that.

5. Can I purchase "Jeannie's Journey" if I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, "Jeannie's Journey" is available for anyone to purchase, regardless of whether or not they are a Pampered Chef consultant. However, the guide is specifically tailored for those looking to start or grow a Pampered Chef business, so it may be most beneficial for those in that position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie