• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Moved...need to Start My Business...

In summary, Tina is a Pampered Chef consultant who recently moved to Prattville and has challenged herself to fill in her scavenger hunt list with various people to help her build her business. If she uses the Scavenger Hunt as an excuse to get their info, she is still being genuine and also having some fun.
cttdbreeves
Alright, I joined Pampered Chef last month before moving (we are a military family that was stationed overseas). Now, my family has moved to a new town and state, and I want to start my business.

I plan to have a Grand Opening after going door to door among my neighborhood....

Anyone else have any ideas on how to start my business in a town where I know absolutely no one?
Any help is appreciated!! TYIA

do a search in the files about pampering a business or maybe look into doing a fundrasier

look at me, have these ideas but no kahones to try them myself.....

I had a ton of errands to run this morning, and decided I wasn't going to let fear get in the way. With all of that said I only physically spoke to one person. I talked to a lady while I was getting gas, and I gave her one of the mini-catalogs. I didn't get her name and number, but just talking to her was a huge step. Also, I put a catalog on the counter of every bathroom we went in (I have a 2 kids potty training, so it was a lot).
I am a bit of a weenie, so these things were big steps for me.
You can do it!!!!!

We are military and I have moved my business several times. I have found that joining the different groups available on post in order to meet some people is a big help. The other thing I try to do is get set up to do some sort of fair to get myself started. We just went through our fourth big move since starting my business and this has been the hardest for me to restart because of circumstances I didn't have before - a husband deploying, a toddler at home, etc.

Good Luck!

Thank you so much for your advice...
ChefParty4U and lesliec....I know what you mean...I'm not a shy person...but I have a hard time just asking people. I can talk about Pampered Chef, no problem, but to actually ask if they're interested or to ask for the info, I clam up! I like just leaving PC mini catties everywhere! LOL! But, to be honest, how many people are going to pick it up and actually call? Right?

So, I think I am going to try to challenge myself to a Scavenger Hunt. This is my idea:
*Make a list of 25 people I want to meet (a college student, a pregnant woman, a person who drives a VW Bug, a redhead, a person with the same name as me, etc. etc.) and then when I meet/stand in line with someone who would be on my Scavenger Hunt list, I am going to say "Hi! Can I use you on my Scavenger Hunt? My name is Tina, and I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I just recently moved to Prattville, and I've challenged myself to fill in my scavenger hunt list with various people to help me build my business. Would you be interested in filling in this ______space? (collect name and contact info) and then I will be holding a drawing when it is all full of everyone and the winner will receive a FREE Pampered Chef cookbook."
What do you think? If I use the Scavenger Hunt as an excuse to get their info, I'm still being genuine and also having some fun, right?

pcsharon1 said:
We are military and I have moved my business several times. I have found that joining the different groups available on post in order to meet some people is a big help. The other thing I try to do is get set up to do some sort of fair to get myself started. We just went through our fourth big move since starting my business and this has been the hardest for me to restart because of circumstances I didn't have before - a husband deploying, a toddler at home, etc.

Good Luck!

I feel your pain there...luckily, my hubby won't deploy until next year. Unfortunately, we live away from the base, and I haven't been on the base very much (one car right now) so I haven't been able to get involved..but I want to...I will try that! Thank you! And good luck to you, too!

ChefParty4U said:
do a search in the files about pampering a business or maybe look into doing a fundrasier

look at me, have these ideas but no kahones to try them myself.....

thank you! I did the search and like the idea of pampering a business...let's see if i have the cahones to try it! LOL!

cttdbreeves: a scavenger hunt....what a cool idea! May have to ::::steal::::: that idea.

your scavenger hunt is very creative too, let me know how it goes or if you pamper a business

funny think about pampering a business, now whenever i'm around town, i'm noticing all the salons and such, thinking, i could do them, or them, or them

defintily see if there is a fair going on that you can do. That is what I did to jump start my business

Update: I did get a booth at the CityFest for May 1st! YEAH! And, the scavenger hunt is WORKING!!! I've been out and about 2 days, and have 6 of my 24 spots filled! All I have to do is keep my eyes open for the people on my scavenger hunt and then use it as a fun way to introduce my business! Some of the people I have on my list are:

*a pregnant woman
*a college student
*someone who hates to cook
*a man who loves to coook
*someone who needs a new car
*a waitress
*a teacher
*someone with red hair
and others!

It is working! I am so excited!

cttdbreeves said:
Update: I did get a booth at the CityFest for May 1st! YEAH! And, the scavenger hunt is WORKING!!! I've been out and about 2 days, and have 6 of my 24 spots filled! All I have to do is keep my eyes open for the people on my scavenger hunt and then use it as a fun way to introduce my business! Some of the people I have on my list are:

*a pregnant woman
*a college student
*someone who hates to cook
*a man who loves to coook
*someone who needs a new car
*a waitress
*a teacher
*someone with red hair
and others!

It is working! I am so excited!

Woohoooooo! Great job! Keep up the good work and you will have a great network in no time!

I agree! DEFINITELY a fair. I did one today and did SO well!

I am definitely going to have to do the scavenger hunt. I am still a bit nervous about doing a fair. I guess I will have to get out of my own way and do something!!!!

What did you do that worked so well at the fair? Mine is this weekend and I want it to go really well! Any tips would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Tina

Laura4 said:
I agree! DEFINITELY a fair. I did one today and did SO well!

I'm also a military wife in year I'll be close to you!

I've used this flyer before and I've had bookings from it:)

Attachments

• am your neighborhood consultant[1]2.doc
    47 KB · Views: 616

1. How do I get started with my new Pampered Chef business?

To get started with your new Pampered Chef business, you will need to first register as a consultant and purchase a starter kit. You can then begin booking parties and selling products to earn income.

2. What is included in the starter kit?

The starter kit includes a variety of Pampered Chef products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get your business up and running. It also includes a personalized website where you can showcase and sell products online.

3. How do I book parties as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, you can book parties by reaching out to your friends, family, and acquaintances to host a party. You can also utilize social media and other online platforms to reach a wider audience. Pampered Chef also provides tips and resources to help you book successful parties.

4. Can I earn rewards and incentives as a new consultant?

Yes, as a new consultant, you can earn rewards and incentives by meeting certain sales goals and milestones. Pampered Chef also offers bonuses for recruiting new team members and for reaching certain levels of leadership within the company.

5. How can I grow my Pampered Chef business in a new area?

To grow your Pampered Chef business in a new area, you can network with other consultants and attend training events to learn new skills and techniques. You can also utilize social media and word-of-mouth marketing to reach potential customers in your new community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dme.grant
  • pampered_momma
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sparkles17