• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Home-Based Business: When to Begin?

Yes, I would wait. Learn all you can now about the receipes, show & such. Then you will be extra ready when you sign.Wait for the Mystery Host party. Do the two you know you have. (depending on your income goals) Save "your show" "family show" "friends show" for the time when you might need to fill your calendar for a special promo. About the being busy & pushy. EVERYONE is busy ALWAYS. If you think "tomorrow" might be better, it won't. There will just be new "stuff". Also, the closer you get to spring, there will be sports, proms
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I have 2 friends ready to give me shows to start out but not until the end of March/April - should I sign and start my 30 days then? I'm thinking so because I can't do much until then.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a mystery host show as a starting party at my place and being the demonstrator and then drawing the person to get the host benefits. I was thinking it'd be a good way to get people to come out to start and hopefully that will get enough there to get more bookings.

What do you all think?

Any other suggestions? I want to start right, but it is still a busy time for many (including myself) so I don't want to push earlier...

I think having a kick off show at your home is a GREAT idea. That way when you are calling folks to host your first shows, if they say no, you can invite them to yours and they'll feel obligated to say yes. :)

From me...Yes, I would wait. Learn all you can now about the receipes, show & such. Then you will be extra ready when you sign.

Wait for the Mystery Host party. Do the two you know you have. (depending on your income goals) Save "your show" "family show" "friends show" for the time when you might need to fill your calendar for a special promo.

About the being busy & pushy. EVERYONE is busy ALWAYS. If you think "tomorrow" might be better, it won't. There will just be new "stuff". Also, the closer you get to spring, there will be sports, proms, grads, vacations & end of school going on...

Try to say that "if you are that busy, you need to give yourself time to enjoy seeing/visiting your friends" "a bottle of wine, crackers/cheese & I'll do the rest" offer an express show or a "free" show where you bring the ingredients. (something w/ little groceries (braids/rings)...

This is what I would do, knowing now what I didn't then...:D

Congratulations! Good Luck! This is the best "job" I have ever had!

Nope. But I don't like waiting. ;)
I would ask those friends for referrals... and definately mention the fact that if they are your first "Charter Hosts", that they will get a FREE GIFT from The Pampered Chef along with their host rewards. Let them know that you're starting your business now (or Saturday), and that your first two openings for shows are _____ and _____.

Host your own show the 2nd week of Feb - your 'Grand Opening'.

Don't hesistate to tell them that it's important to you to start off strong, but that you'd be more comfortable with someone you know. Hopefully they'll change their minds and host earlier - if not, they may give you a referral of someone who will. Don't wait! :D

Try to have at least three shows scheduled in addition to your own within that 30 day period. (yes to waiting -- unless you can schedule some sooner).

In the meantime, practice recipes, learn more about the products you do have.

Thanks so far for the advice - both ways! :) I need to get ahold of that new Season's Best from my consultant! :) They sound like some good stuff. Luckily on the older products, I've owned many for the last 10 years and use most daily so they have become a natural part of my normal routine...that will hopefully help me concentrate on feeling at ease and talking vs. trying to get comfortable using them. ...and I've noticed from shows I'm at that the products sell best when those there talk about them vs. the consultant "selling".

My suggestion is get on the phone, get four to six shows scheduled for February (or more depending on how many you want to work each month) and go for it!

You will start earning money now, earning Pampered Chef dollars now, and earning trip points now (DOUBLE POINTS IN FEBRUARY)!

How great for you that you will have two shows already scheduled for March/April.

You seem excited now so now is the best time to start your business! Good Luck!

Lisa

I started last February without any shows lined up and did alright because I got enough outside orders to make a couple of shows.

I have found that with the covered baker being 60% off this month I have had people book that originally said they didn't want to or they wanted to wait until later. You could also suggest doing a V-Day theme or a Mardi Gras theme and having a fun once a year type party might make them want to change their mind. let them know that if they do their party now, they can still take advantage of the host special in march/april when someone books off of their party. I've gotten bookings just because the host wants a certain special coming up. You could also do something like "get an extra $10 of free product when 3 people book from your show." I did it towards the beginning and I have had 1 show a month since July because of this one show and the people that booked off of it and booked off of that persons, etc. People will work for even the smallest free thing :) Good luck! Just by being on CS you have a huge advantage! You will do great!

1. When is the best time to start a home-based business?

The best time to start a home-based business is when you have a clear idea of what you want to do and have done sufficient research and planning. It is also important to have a stable financial situation and support from family and friends. The timing should feel right for you and your personal circumstances.

2. How much money do I need to start a home-based business?

The amount of money needed to start a home-based business varies depending on the type of business you want to start. Some businesses may require minimal investment, while others may require a larger investment for equipment, supplies, or marketing. It is important to create a budget and determine the necessary expenses for your specific business.

3. Do I need any special licenses or permits to operate a home-based business?

The licenses and permits required for a home-based business may vary depending on your location and the type of business you are starting. It is important to research and understand the regulations and requirements in your area. You may need to obtain a business license, zoning permit, or other specific permits before starting your business.

4. How can I market my home-based business?

There are many ways to market a home-based business, including creating a website, utilizing social media, networking with friends and family, attending local events and fairs, and advertising through various channels. It is important to have a solid marketing plan in place to reach your target audience and promote your business effectively.

5. What are the benefits of starting a home-based business?

Some of the benefits of starting a home-based business include flexibility in your schedule, the ability to work from the comfort of your own home, and the potential to save money on commuting and office expenses. It also allows you to be your own boss and have more control over your work-life balance. However, it is important to consider the potential challenges and responsibilities that come with running a home-based business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007