• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Pampered Chef Support!!

In summary, the author is experiencing a slump in their business, and they suggest staying the course and focusing on what they know will work (making phone calls and holding shows they can) until they reach the top of the next wave. They also suggest being prepared for objections and booking dates that coincide with friends' schedules.
ChefinHarmony
Hi all! I need to vent a bit and would like some support - it's been building, so here goes...

I started in November and have been going great until this July. I had a great June and my July was "okay" - August was looking good, but 3 shows cancelled/rescheduled. I have 2 open catalog shows and it's been like pulling teeth to get them closed.

Anyway, I was so fired up about how awesome I could make this business (read Doris' book and EW on a recent trip) and I had a game plan. I've been on a "PC" high wanted to step up my business and get more bookings. I hosted an open house, sent out Sept. Stoneware letters and then I planned to get on the phone. Here are my results (and note, I am a VERY positive person!!)....

Open House - only 9 people attended (sent out over 100 invites and made follow-up calls!). I do have one catalog show and a possible home show coming from there. I had it at my Mom's church and if my sisters, nieces and Mom wouldn't have been there, I would have been really, really embarrassed. I sent letters, called, etc - those who said "yes" attended - I got about $300 in orders but it wasn't worth the money & time. So that bummed me out.

Sept Letters - I started my calls tonight - potential hosts and customer care/stoneware people. I really wanted to avoid the phone. I called 15 people all with a with "no" response - all 15 said NO. That's discouraging - did I mention I hate rejection? Everyone has some awesome reasons why they can't Host a show too.

I am just getting so bummed about it - I wanted my business to grow and it's actually taking a turn for the worse. I think I need to take a few days off. I've been sending out wedding registry letters with no response also.

August - two shows cancelled, 1 rescheduled
Sept - I have ONE show on the books with one cancelled. Two "potential" if I could get the Hosts to answer the phone or return calls.
October - One definite and one catalog (maybe)

I'm just wondering if anyone else ever hit a "slump" in their business like this and how you get over it? What more can I do?

What should I be saying on the phone? I ask about their stoneware/other purchases and then I ask if they would consider hosting a show - while telling them about the Sept special. Nothing. Nada.

Thanks for listening - I really need some "pep-talks" right about now!!

Joanne

Joanne,

I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch. This business (like most) rolls like the waves. Just hang on and do what you know you have to do (make phone calls, hold the shows you can) until you get to the top of the next wave. It might be a big one that you ride high for a long time. . .but sooner or later there will be another low point. My Senior Director has always told me that the key to success is sticking with it through the low spots. She should know, she's been in this business for 16 years. She makes a good living but I don't think she was an "overnight success".

When you're making your phone calls, get breathless (fake it if you have to) with excitement over the September stoneware special. Tell them about the special and THEN ask them if they'd like to Host a show.

Check out the stoneware special flyer someone posted. It shows how a Host can get all (I think this is correct) the New Traditions sizes for under $70.

Hang in there and know that there is a bigger wave coming along to help you ride high.

Jeanine

I understand the slump! I really think some of it is the gas prices and economy in my area. I also think many people think, "I've already been to a lot of PC shows. Or I already have everything. When they say this I always say, "We've had over 100 new items in the past year."

Don't ask a "No" question. Say, "I'd love to cook for you and your friends." Then they will usually say things like, not right now, my house is too small, etc. Be ready for those objections. Example, "I understand, so many people are busy these days. I've found a lot of hosts are happy after having a show because their friends tell them they were so ready for a night out w/friends." I mail the invitations for my hosts and I even call the guests to remind them for you as long as you provide me w/a list of names/phone numbers, etc. Work on these objections and the response you will give before you call.

I already posted the following from my directory on another thread, but this is a great idea: 24 Bookings in 24 hours.

What? Yes, 24 bookings in 24 hours.

On Friday, I got a voicemail from a Party Lite woman that had been to visit a networking group that I belong to. The message went something like this.

Hi Yvette.. this is ______ from Party Lite. I was calling to see if you would be interested in being one of my preferred hosts. I have a challenge to book 24 shows in 24 hours. I'm booking dates between now and December 12th. For booking your show with me in this 24 hours you'll be entered to win a $100 shopping spree with Party Lite. We have a new book and a holiday line for you and your friends to shop from. Our host bonuses in the next months are awesome! Please give me a call back at xxx xxx xxxx to be one of these preferred hosts. My challenge ends at 9pm on Saturday night. Thank you!

So, I called her back. I've been toying with having a party for months now. Would I have called her to book? Nope. It was one of those some day, maybe, if I get around to scheduling it things. What inspired me to call her? First and foremost to help her out. I wanted to be a part of HER WIN! I wanted to be on that winning team- it was exciting to think that I could help her forward that goal. Yeah, being entered in the $100 was nice but I don't normally win things so I didn't think that would happen.

So, I called her and booked my show. Then I asked her some questions. Who gave you the challenge? She told me SHE GAVE HERSELF THE CHALLENGE. How neat! She told me why.. and she inspired me. I was absolutely enrolled in her goals.

I encourage you to set a goal for yourself like this. It's an outrageous, HUGE goal. That was also what had me call. If she had said, I was challenged to book two shows in 24 hours, i would have thought "let someone else do it." Imagine if you did this for your business? For some of you, it would fill your calendars to the end of the year! For others, it would be half of what you want to do. Either way, wouldn't it be cool to spend 24 hours doing this goal and then having your calendar booked.

Good Luck - I think we've all been there!

Joanne,
I also had a very low time this year. I was really thinking about quitting. I did 37 shows my first year and 43 shows my second year. This is my third year and I had 21 shows booked Jan thru June. I was sick for a few weeks at the beginning of the year and had to postpone some shows.
Out of the 21 shows booked, I only had 9 that actually held, (1 was an open house I did to keep active) and have only held 2 since then. I was really bumming, but my director told me to hang in there, it would get better, and she was right. I have 12 booked for Sept and Oct., and my hosts are really excited about the new items. So keep your chin up and don't give up. It will get better.

Dianne

Hi Joanne:
Just keep talking about how much you love the products and how versatile they are. Google craft fairs for this is the perfect time churches, holiday fairs take place...just ask that there are no other Cheffers...it's a great avenue to get leads without asking the people who already turned you down. Stay positive and your luck will change! As for me, I've had a great August but have no shows booked yet for the fall...EEK! I am doing 2 fairs and one bridal fair and I'm phoning my friends when my kids return to school. I also know of a neighbor who recently had her kitchen renovated so I'm thinking she'd love to show it off...we'll see. Good luck to you and remember Pampered Chef is sometimes like a rollercoaster...like life , it has its ups and downs.

Take care! Maybe next time you call you will get 15 "yes's"...

Sue Adams
[email protected]
Independent consultant for the Pampered Chef

ChefinHarmony said:
Hi all! I need to vent a bit and would like some support - it's been building, so here goes...

I started in November and have been going great until this July. I had a great June and my July was "okay" - August was looking good, but 3 shows cancelled/rescheduled. I have 2 open catalog shows and it's been like pulling teeth to get them closed.

Anyway, I was so fired up about how awesome I could make this business (read Doris' book and EW on a recent trip) and I had a game plan. I've been on a "PC" high wanted to step up my business and get more bookings. I hosted an open house, sent out Sept. Stoneware letters and then I planned to get on the phone. Here are my results (and note, I am a VERY positive person!!)....

Open House - only 9 people attended (sent out over 100 invites and made follow-up calls!). I do have one catalog show and a possible home show coming from there. I had it at my Mom's church and if my sisters, nieces and Mom wouldn't have been there, I would have been really, really embarrassed. I sent letters, called, etc - those who said "yes" attended - I got about $300 in orders but it wasn't worth the money & time. So that bummed me out.

Sept Letters - I started my calls tonight - potential hosts and customer care/stoneware people. I really wanted to avoid the phone. I called 15 people all with a with "no" response - all 15 said NO. That's discouraging - did I mention I hate rejection? Everyone has some awesome reasons why they can't Host a show too.

I am just getting so bummed about it - I wanted my business to grow and it's actually taking a turn for the worse. I think I need to take a few days off. I've been sending out wedding registry letters with no response also.

August - two shows cancelled, 1 rescheduled
Sept - I have ONE show on the books with one cancelled. Two "potential" if I could get the Hosts to answer the phone or return calls.
October - One definite and one catalog (maybe)

I'm just wondering if anyone else ever hit a "slump" in their business like this and how you get over it? What more can I do?

What should I be saying on the phone? I ask about their stoneware/other purchases and then I ask if they would consider hosting a show - while telling them about the Sept special. Nothing. Nada.

Thanks for listening - I really need some "pep-talks" right about now!!

Joanne

I am soo in the same boat as you girlfriend! I started in Nov. 2005 also and at first I was rockin made all my bonuses with (4 shows a month which was exactly where I wanted to be) ! Up until July- No sales! Except I did a Friday phone sale at the end of the month and closed it out in August at $175.

I received my "courtesy notice" at the beginnnig of the month. But I had 1 kitchen show and 1 catty show close and 1 show postpone to this fall (Host still doen't know what month yet). So my August was only $900 total! :(

This summer has been the lowest of my career so far and it's not looking too promising for Fall. I have 8 shows now and 2 were in Sept. until a host pushed it to Oct so 1 show (my own Fall preview at the middle of the month) and 2 catalog shows which I'm not really holding my breath for quite honestly.

The rest are supposed to be Oct. and I pray they don't cancel (just my luck lately).

The only thing that is keeping me back is my FEAR of the phone! I hate talking on the phone with freinds let alone semi-strangers! It is something I know I must overcome to get business going again. But I just can't seem to psyche myself up enough to just do it! I really Wish there were some self hypnotic tapes to listen to to get over my phone phobia! I want to send out Sept. Stoneware letters as well but know I have to follow up with them or else it's just a waste of $$$.

So anyways that's my "slump" story! Good luck to you and I hope business picks up soon for you!;)

I originally signed with PC years ago... I was crazy with bookings at first. Things went very well for me... ...due to life, I quit in 2004.

Well, this year I started back up and NO ONE would host a show. Didn't make a single Super Starter.... didn't get a single bonus. Nothing! I was in despair... I was thinking, "why did I come back to this?"

Just HANG IN THERE.... I am booking as much as possible. I am doing party in a bag, I am doing the FREE cooking show, I am doing theme shows. We ALL hit a slump where nobody wants us and then all of a sudden.... we're a hot commodity, we have more shows than days to fill 'em. It's feast or famine sometimes, or at least it feels that way...

Keep up a positive attitude and keep at it. It will pay off. I PROMISE!!! Be sure to let everyone know that you are still hanging around and when asked, just say, "business is great." And when you start getting bookings and someone wants a day that you have a family event planned, don't say, "I cant make it because of Johnny's game." Just say, "I'm booked that day, sorry... " and believe it or not, they will catch whatever day you give 'em! ;)

BEST WISHES! HANG IN THERE!!!
Jaye

re: no shows:
jaye said:
I originally signed with PC years ago... I was crazy with bookings at first. Things went very well for me... ...due to life, I quit in 2004.

Well, this year I started back up and NO ONE would host a show. Didn't make a single Super Starter.... didn't get a single bonus. Nothing! I was in despair... I was thinking, "why did I come back to this?"

Just HANG IN THERE.... I am booking as much as possible. I am doing party in a bag, I am doing the FREE cooking show, I am doing theme shows. We ALL hit a slump where nobody wants us and then all of a sudden.... we're a hot commodity, we have more shows than days to fill 'em. It's feast or famine sometimes, or at least it feels that way...

Keep up a positive attitude and keep at it. It will pay off. I PROMISE!!! Be sure to let everyone know that you are still hanging around and when asked, just say, "business is great." And when you start getting bookings and someone wants a day that you have a family event planned, don't say, "I cant make it because of Johnny's game." Just say, "I'm booked that day, sorry... " and believe it or not, they will catch whatever day you give 'em! ;)

BEST WISHES! HANG IN THERE!!!
Jaye

Maybe y'all are trying to hard,

I'm extremely excited when I come home from my demanding/stressful day
J O B and work on my PC. If nothing else I collect orders and turn in shows that way. I had my first real cooking live show this past Fri (just 1-2 days after the worst Migraine of my life) and had a blast, played the Queen of Shopper's game and all loved it and had an interactive show and guests/host used tools thru out the entire show. I even put my chopper together wrong after washing in dishwasher and a very nice Hispanic lady who spoke better Spanish than English assisted me in fixing the chopper so it worked much much better and everyone had a ball. I got a definate booking (did a show at this lady's house in the past and didn't work well) and a couple maybe's, but finally heard back from my catalog show and a definate booking for a show in late Sept or early Oct there too. Most likely I'll barely have $ 1250.00 sales for the month of Aug to earn my mid season prods. My cooking show was my best so far and right now is 7xx.xx and still growing :) Just hang in there and don't try so hard, and REMEMBER TO HAVE ALOT OF FUN!!!!

Just hang in there! If you keep a positive attitude--things WILL get better! Every business has a slow time; I'm talking restaurants, stores, etc....as well as PC. August is always my slowest month, in the 4 1/2 years I've been selling. It's just so busy--people taking last minute vacations, getting kids back to school...just don't give up! Get back on that phone, have a smile on your face--have you looked back in PP to see everyone that has bought stoneware for you? Maybe try a mystery host show...
Anyway, don't think you're the only one that this has happened to; we've all been there!

THANK YOU!! I feel much better now. I emailed my Director begging for a pep talk and she was great too. You all have been so helpful. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that is experiencing this - it's nice to hear it's normal in business and I WILL bounce back.

You know when you dread the phone calls and then they live up to your expectations? That was a bummer. My husband felt so bad for me last night because I am usually super upbeat, etc. I've been bumming around here for 2days now. I may try the 24 bookings in 24 day thing though - that sounds neat.

I sent out a few emails to some people I thought would have Hosted for me when I first started, but didn't come through. I practically begged them to do a show this fall. Or at least give me a referral. We'll see what comes from that.

One positive note, an old friend from High School came to my Open House. I haven't seen her in years. It was so nice to visit with her. Well, she sent me an email this morning asking about the business opportunity! I didn't see that coming! So, I may have my 2nd recruit. I'd love to help her get started - she is so sweet. Plus it would be neat to have a reason to keep in touch again. I should be signing my FIRST one today!! I'm trying to focus on that and be excited!!

Thanks again everyone! You ALL are great - LOVE this board!!
Joanne
:)

I started last November. I have done two fairs and that has kept my business going. It has opened up so many different groups of people that I am in contact with. Perhaps your director can help you find some booths to work. Both of the fairs I worked were too expensive for me alone, but split many ways, it's very reasonable.

Think outside the box on WHY someone would want to do a show. Perhaps they want to show off the new home they just moved into, or they have a cousin getting married and could do a shower, or they are passionate about a cause that you could help them raise money for. Looking at their needs and approaching from that angle can really help in securing a date.

I want to have eight shows in September (never done more than five in a month) and have four booked now. Since I had so many "after summer I'll book a show" people, I thought it would be easy to secure dates, but, of course, it's always easier in theory.

Good luck and tell us how it goes....

Here's an update.... just since yesterday, I've booked a show for October and 2 catalog shows for September! So there is hope!! I just want to figure out how to get bookings from the catalog shows.

First I was dropping off an order for my girlfriend. She told me to put it down around back on the door under her deck. Well, I looked a little sneaky. Her neighbor was outside. My girlfriend always said "I have a neighbor who LOVES PC" but nothing ever came from it. Anyway, she asked me if I was the "consultant friend" and she is going to do a catalog show for me. I tried so hard to talk her into a Home show - but no luck.

Then, I wanted to share that I put out a "plee" email. I thought back through some people that have never hosted for me - ones I thought may do it, but I never asked. I figured if they want to host a show, they know where I am. Well, I sent them an email that said...

"I'm going to be totally honest, my Pampered Chef business is slowing down a bit. I'm not at the amount of bookings for the Fall that I would like to be at to maintain the level of "business" I want to have. Would you consider hosting a show in September or October?" I explained that I've had a rush of cancellations - which is totally TRUE because I got a 3rd September cancellation today! I only have ONE on the books right now for September.

Then I ended the email with "If you are unable to Host a show, would you have any referrals? Friends who love PC, people from work, etc?"

So far, one solid booking and one catalog show from that email. I know the other people are close enough friends that they will at least respond to me.

Oh, and I signed my first recruit YEAH (explained on another thread) and get this.... as I'm walking back across the parking lot to my car (I met her at work with a large office building/parking lot) a $10 blows across my path! I looked around and then bent down to pick it up. I asked her if I should take it back into the office - it was a HUGE building and we weren't too close to the door. So I ended up keeping it! I had a $5 in my pocket from change (weird because I never keep money in my pockets) - so I said to my new recruit "Here, we will split it!" and I gave her the $5. She was laughing so hard when we got into our cars. I've never had anything like that happen to me.

And then selfish me - instead of being excited about $10 blowing towards me, it crossed my mind "Why couldn't it have been a $50!"

Giggle, giggle.....
Joanne

My best suggestion is that I was feeling the same thing........ so I decided to look for other direct sales companies such as tupperware, tastefuly simple, tast of home, etc... and offer to do a party sawap.... to help building client tale... I also am doing a scapbook party as well......... I jsut googled each direct sales company by the name also googed direct sales companies .. good luck!!!

I can relate!Joanne-
I can relate to what you are going through. I don't have a single show booked and I have been on a roll since I started this past April. Even in July I was the top seller and the most shows for my cluster. But I did the ULTIMATE no-no! I forgot to look ahead. So now I am scrambling through all of my past guests and sending out the mini-catalogs, making calls... so far nothing... but I haven't given up yet.
Hang in there... I'm sure it will get better for you. I think we all will hit slumps along the way. Once we get through it, it will make us stronger consultants. I love this company and the products to give up.

Keep up the great work and it will surely pay off ;)

Tiffany

Tiffany,
I was the same way! June was my best month ever - top of cluster, etc and I had solid bookings through the summer. Then they started to fade... July cancelled, moved to August. Then August - not right now - move me to Sept. Well, now two ladies won't even return my call! If they don't want to Host, just tell me. So, I contacted the Hosts they were booked off of - I put it on them. I said, "your booking isn't answering my calls. If YOU want the host special, they have until October to Host a show. If they don't want to Host anymore, just let me know!"

I treaded water through July & August and then September hit bottom. I'm still really trying (I liked the suggestions - especially the one about "no - not right now or no- not ever" I would rather know that instead of continuning to call!) so now my October is looking awesome! Most people around here don't want to do September and I don't know why!! It's been my hardest month, other than May, to book!

So, I know it will pay off and turn around. I have a few catalog shows out there, but they don't bring in bookings. I did add the tic-tac-toe game so we will see. And I am hosting a Creative Memories party with a past Host who is a consultant. That has had a great response, so I plan to serve all PC food! Maybe some bookings out of that?

Thanks for being here!!
Joanne

I Hope things get better for your business soon Joanne!!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products, learn new cooking techniques, and have a fun night with friends and family. As a host, you can receive free products, half-price items, and exclusive host specials based on the total sales at your party.

How can I place an order with Pampered Chef?

You can easily place an order with Pampered Chef by contacting your consultant, hosting a party, or ordering online through our website. Our consultants are trained to help you find the right products for your needs and can assist with any questions or concerns you may have.

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a replacement, exchange, or full refund. Our goal is to ensure our customers are happy with their products and have a positive experience with our brand.

Are there any discounts or promotions available for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef frequently offers discounts and promotions on our products. These can be found on our website, through our consultants, and on our social media pages. Additionally, as a host of a Pampered Chef party, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at your party.

How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, you can contact a current consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. Our consultants have the opportunity to run their own business, earn extra income, and receive discounts on our products. Plus, you'll have the support and resources of the Pampered Chef team to help you succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • schel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies