• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sorta Silly Question About Clothes

In summary, people are either trying to save on checked bags by wearing what they have, or over packing.
redsoxgirl
Is anyone else planning on bringing one or 2 pair of pants and wearing those the whole time?

I know it's only 3 days, but I'm always worried about people thinking "Oh my gosh. She wore those yesterday! How gross!" LOL

I'm trying to get away with just one small duffle bag. Mom suggested I wear one pair of pants on the plane and pack a pair.

Any tips from people who travel a lot and pack light?

I don't think people will notice that your pants are the same. You will look different every day because of your shirt. Plus you will run into different people every day so the only ones that will see you each day are your team.

Now I on the other hand way over pack. 3 days - I need 6 (or more) outfits. I know, sad.

My luck, I'd spill something on them! I take an outfit for each day.

Shhh.... dont tell.... I do that too. Shirts, too. lol
I used to over pack. Then realized I was packing clothes for traveling to and from in. DUH! They could have been the same. 3 days? I pack 2 pants. Tide-to-go sticks are a god send. And if its worse than that.. I bet the hotel has laundry facilities. ;)

I have one pair of khaki capris and one pair of black dressy capris. That's all I'm bringing.

I just went out this weekend and bought 2 pr of capris, one black and one khaki, and I already have a pr of white, that I plan on bringing, but if I didn't, I'd take 2 pr, no biggie! Just take a sweatshirt or jacket, I didn't last yr and had to buy a sweatshirt from Merrill bc I got chilly! I usually wear the same outfit home that I wore when I arrived! LOL

Instead of FOLDING your clothes, I have found that I save more room when I ROLL them..

I do plan on buying a new pr of tennis shoes this weekend though!

A friend and I were talking last week about the charge for checked bags and she said I could save that charge by just wearing everything on me on the plane..you know, a tank, a couple t shirts, and a jacket all together at the same time, 2 pr of pants on top of each other, etc...I had to laugh, I wonder if some people do that!

Confession: The first year I went to NC, my dh and I had no money for me to buy anything new and so I only took one pair of khaki pants and that was it, w/ 3 shirts and a long sleeved. No one seemed to notice, and if they did, they didnt' say anything...

I pack at least one outfit for each day...and then maybe two extras in case something spills or I just feel like changing.

If you re-wear your pants no one is gonna notice! Trying to save space, that sounds like a good idea to me. Just iron them in between wearings, and you should be good! (the hotels normally have an iron in the room, or you can ask them for one)

I ended up re-wearing one of my pants last year, since it matched better. Plus, I wore home the pants I wore TO conference....

Sounds like most of us either do what you are asking...or overpack a ton!! My first conference, I overpacked!

I will be using the hotels laundry service, and I don't think anyone would notice....there are so many people there I can't imagine anyone remembering what you wore.

thebowman said:
I will be using the hotels laundry service, and I don't think anyone would notice....there are so many people there I can't imagine anyone remembering what you wore.

Unless you are really bizzarre! :eek:

Well, I know some of us here are really bizzarre, but still.

LOL-wow, I never thought of it all that way! I usually overpack way too much I guess and I still pack lighter than some of my friends...whew! I will probably pack lighter now thanks to all your great tips Ladies. And you are correct I am sure-no one will remember what we wearing from day to day. The only time I remembered what someone was wearing was a TPC bracelet because I sat down next to her and thought "HOly Cow!!! If she has the bracelet-that means she filled her ring and I am actually sitting next to her taking the same workshop as her!!! OMG!" And yes, I noticed it RIGHT away... :blushing:

I always over pack for trips! But I try not too, it's just a bad habit of mine...

That being said, and as this is my "first time" (yes, I'm also a conference virgin :D), I was planning on wearing skirts every day. Am I going to be overdressed? Cuz I can easily change the packing I've already done...since it's only done in my head...:D

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I always over pack for trips! But I try not too, it's just a bad habit of mine...

That being said, and as this is my "first time" (yes, I'm also a conference virgin :D), I was planning on wearing skirts every day. Am I going to be overdressed? Cuz I can easily change the packing I've already done...since it's only done in my head...:D

Kathy~

There are going to be people DRESSED UP and some DRESSED DOWN too much. My only concern with your question is what type of shoes will you be wearing? I wore some real comfy flowy type skirts last year, but I wore them with my super comfortable slip on Croc sandles! I wouldn't be worried about being "too dressed up" unless you are wearing something with sequins! ;)

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think people will notice that your pants are the same. You will look different every day because of your shirt. Plus you will run into different people every day so the only ones that will see you each day are your team.

Now I on the other hand way over pack. 3 days - I need 6 (or more) outfits. I know, sad.

Sounds like me. But as someone once pointed out to me... men pack clothes, but women pack outfits!

thebowman said:
I will be using the hotels laundry service, .

Be prepared for sticker shock. Hotel laundry fees are usually pretty HIGH.

As for packing, my goal is to make it with a carry on (okay a big one). Two pair of pants (wear one on the plane), a couple tops, etc. I hope to look fairly together, but would rather have the convenience of traveling light. (And it galls me to pay $15 extra to check a bag!)

KellyTheChef said:
Kathy~

There are going to be people DRESSED UP and some DRESSED DOWN too much. My only concern with your question is what type of shoes will you be wearing? I wore some real comfy flowy type skirts last year, but I wore them with my super comfortable slip on Croc sandles! I wouldn't be worried about being "too dressed up" unless you are wearing something with sequins! ;)

LOL I might be wearing sequins! But only at my ED's banquet as our theme is "sparkly."

I planned already on wearing comfy shoes thanks to reading other posts/threads here about how much walking we have to do. Thanks!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
LOL I might be wearing sequins! But only at my ED's banquet as our theme is "sparkly."

I planned already on wearing comfy shoes thanks to reading other posts/threads here about how much walking we have to do. Thanks!

Sequins at a "sparkly" themed dinner = good

Sequins on some lady at conference in her hot pants and low cut top = bad
(and no, I didn't think that's what you had in mind for your conference attire!!)

LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Sequins at a "sparkly" themed dinner = good

Sequins on some lady at conference in her hot pants and low cut top = bad
(and no, I didn't think that's what you had in mind for your conference attire!!)

LOL

So then you're telling me I should unpack this?
brafrontx400.jpg

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
brafrontx400.jpg

I almost spit my tea all over my newly fixed laptop!

Um... yeah. Totally inappropriate. Even for a "sparkly" themed banquet.Actually, I think the only place that might be appropriate is the local "gentleman's club" if you know what I mean.

Okay, what type of top would you wear over that bra? That being said, I wouldn't worry about it. You can always pack a small bottle of woolite (or get one at a local drug store) and wash out pair one the night before you wear pair two. That is what I did when I went to Spain/France/England as a chaperone for middle school Spanish students. I was recently married, had no money (Mom paid - she worked at the school) and couldn't afford more than three pairs of pants or shorts...plus I didn't want to have a huge suitcase to take with me. Every night I washed out the pants, underwear, bra and shirt and hung them in the shower. Check with your roomies first to see if anyone is an evening shower person. You might even be able to hang them up in the closet if you put a plastic bag (hotel laundry) on the floor to catch drips.

Kathy's_Kitchen said:

If you wear that, we WILL be able to pick you out of the crowd. :rolleyes:

Humph! I was really looking forward to wearing it too! :angel: (Psst, Don't tell anyone that my "other job" is a church secretary!)

chefjeanine said:

even if it's dark!

Yeah, if you wore that, people would really remember. I don't think you'd be able to get by with wearing it two days in a row. LOL!As for pants, I'm with the others. I have trouble enough remembering what I wore yesterday. Chances are good I won't remember what you wore.

raebates said:
As for pants, I'm with the others. I have trouble enough remembering what I wore yesterday. Chances are good I won't remember what you wore.

Isn't that the truth?

chefjeanine said:

pamperedlinda said:
even if it's dark!

Not even if it's dark... especially if it's dark.

Although with the crazy D's we have in my upline... I wouldn't put it past at least two of them to wear something like this into our NED's banquet! (At least they would wear a tan colored shirt underneath... probably!)

dannyzmom said:
I pack at least one outfit for each day...and then maybe two extras in case something spills or I just feel like changing.

probably still 1/4 of a suitcase!!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
brafrontx400.jpg

Where do you guys find this stuff?? :eek: Too funny!

With friends like that . . .

When my group goes to conference we always make it with just carry-on luggage. Too much hassle trying to check and claim your luggage.

Don't forget a light jacket or sweater...it is cold in the conference rooms...comfortable shoes are a must, and something nice for your executive banquet.

You are going to have a great time. I wish I was going, but we decided this year we are taking our kids to Cozumel. Our son graduated and this is the last family trip we will probably have. It will be expensive, but the memories will be worth it. You guys have fun for me and email me all the new stuff...I can't wait to hear what new products are coming out...not that I have room for any more products, but...lol

I'm bringing blinders... :eek::angel:

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
brafrontx400.jpg

HEY!! HOW'D YOU GET IN MY CLOSET?!?! LOL

No, really, its not mine.... but I do have some other, um...., non daytime, party, "Looks great on the motorcycle", leather ware. ;)

Speaking of clothes... could not resist the cutest pair of black printed slides at DSW on clearance today. Came to something like 11 bucks and some change... reg price $49!!

Ok, I don't need a cute pair of shoes, but hey, a girls got to look good for her exec banquet!

Speaking of shoes.. got a great pair of Dr Scholls slides at DSW. I can't believe how comfortable they are. Relatively low to the ground, a slide more than a thong and the foot bed - sheer comfort. I have found my sleppin around Chicago shoes! Of course I will test drive them this weekend. Can't be too careful.

I have two pairs of black pants. They are identical. So how would anybody know if I'm REALLY wearing the same pants?

I am planning to bring 2 or 3 pairs of dress pants, a dress of some sort, and a pair or two of jeans to wear in my off time.

Related to Sorta Silly Question About Clothes

1. Can I bring only one or two pairs of pants on a 3-day trip?

Yes, you can definitely bring just one or two pairs of pants for a 3-day trip. It's all about packing strategically and choosing versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down.

2. Will people think it's gross if I wear the same pants multiple days in a row?

No, most people won't even notice or care if you wear the same pants multiple days in a row. As long as they are clean and you feel comfortable in them, it's totally fine.

3. Should I wear one pair of pants on the plane and pack another pair?

That's a great idea! Wearing one pair of pants on the plane will save space in your luggage and also give you an extra pair to wear in case of any spills or accidents during your travels.

4. Any tips for packing light from frequent travelers?

Some tips from experienced travelers include choosing versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched, packing clothes that can be easily washed and dried, and rolling clothes instead of folding to save space. It's also helpful to plan out your outfits beforehand to avoid overpacking.

5. Can I fit all my items in a small duffle bag?

It's definitely possible to fit all your items in a small duffle bag. Again, it's all about packing strategically and choosing essential items that can be used in multiple outfits. You can also use packing cubes or compression bags to maximize space in your bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedlinda