• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
I was hoping you guys could help me with something. If the bible says that we are to care for the widows, and children, and family members- and not be a burden to anyone...and if Obama is for the middle man, and he's going to erradicate poverty, then why, as a member of the family is his Aunt, whom he speaks so highly of in his book living in a slum in Boston, and why is his brother living in a slum hut in Kenya? Why hasn't he given to those that can't provide for themselves...like he expects all of America to do?

Further more-why are Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose just now asking "Do we really know who Obama is?" They are actually starting to ask this stuff on the air- saying we really don't know anything about him, what he stands for...etc... Amazing!!!

Also, why are Obama's school and medical records sealed? Why are school transcripts and his thesis sealed? President Bush releases everything he has- and they MSM even fell for a scam of forged military documents in an effort to smear him, yet Obama is allowed to hide EVERYTHING, and no one questions and suddenly the media- who is supposed to be questioning and digging and getting answers- admits they do NOT know Obama?

What's going on here?

I'm confused...

Oh but Kacey, he tells us what he is GOING to do. ;) That makes up for it all...

janetupnorth said:
Oh but Kacey, he tells us what he is GOING to do. ;) That makes up for it all...

Doh! Silly me!

I'm still confused---but now my head hurts, too!:(:confused:

" Oh say can you see by the dawns early light while we sit by the creek waitin' for the fishes to bite. We are non working obama supporters without a care, because obama's govrnment will send us that lovely welfare. Mccain supporters must work 'tween sun and sun , because they pay the taxes and we have the fun..
economics 101 "

chefsteph07 said:
" Oh say can you see by the dawns early light while we sit by the creek waitin' for the fishes to bite. We are non working obama supporters without a care, because obama's govrnment will send us that lovely welfare. Mccain supporters must work 'tween sun and sun , because they pay the taxes and we have the fun..
economics 101 "

Man handout recipients have all the fun! :rolleyes::cry:

Oh I know..what are WE thinking wanting to WORK for what we have?

chefsteph07 said:
Oh I know..what are WE thinking wanting to WORK for what we have?

Maybe if I work hard enough I can just come and take some of what you have? :) Except your Kraut...you can keep the Kraut! ;)

Kacey - in order to take something from someone, you have to work LESS dear ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Kacey - in order to take something from someone, you have to work LESS dear ;)

Ooohhh... yeah, well- that did nothing for my massive ego- so I went back to work! If the government handed out ego's I might get in line :p

Thanks for clearing that up for my Linda! For some reason I thought I was supposed to have a good work ethic. I'll have to rethink that!:p

I know Kacey - it is confusing :)

pamperedlinda said:
I know Kacey - it is confusing :)

I'm just glad you guys are here to guide me through all this. :thumbup:

Hello??? Hey, JAE, I think I killed the thread! :eek:

Well, I usually do my reading in the morning, but let me see what I can find. Just a minute................................................................

I'm back. Here is one that looks good. I haven't read it yet. I'll read it after I post it. I'm watching a movie and the door bell keeps ringing for some reason! Hehehe.

Mona Charen : Top Ten Reasons to Vote for McCain/Palin - Townhall.com

JAE said:
Well, I usually do my reading in the morning, but let me see what I can find. Just a minute................................................................

I'm back. Here is one that looks good. I haven't read it yet. I'll read it after I post it. I'm watching a movie and the door bell keeps ringing for some reason! Hehehe.

Mona Charen : Top Ten Reasons to Vote for McCain/Palin - Townhall.com

I think you posted this earlier- however clearly you are sugar deprived...

That was a good read, but tell me something I don't know! :)

Tell you something you don't know. I'm 5'5 and 3/4". I'll try for another column that I haven't posted yet.

JAE said:
Tell you something you don't know. I'm 5'5 and 3/4". I'll try for another column that I haven't posted yet.

Hmmm, I pictured you at about 5'7!

:)

Well, I wear boots with heels/heals (which one), so I'm usually 5'7". My jeans are too long if I don't wear the boots. So, you're right.

JAE said:
Well, I wear boots with heels/heals (which one), so I'm usually 5'7". My jeans are too long if I don't wear the boots. So, you're right.

Darn jeans... :) I'm almost 5' 7...but the rest is top secret government info! Not even Obama knows it! :angel::D

Kitchen Diva said:
Darn jeans... :) I'm almost 5' 7...but the rest is top secret government info! Not even Obama knows it! :angel::D

Hmph..I'm only 5' w/ shoes on! LOL

Oh, and Kacey, I'd LOVE to work more so you can take some! Why not, I should have enough to go around w/ these great tax cuts I'm gonna get!

chefsteph07 said:
Hmph..I'm only 5' w/ shoes on! LOL

Oh, and Kacey, I'd LOVE to work more so you can take some! Why not, I should have enough to go around w/ these great tax cuts I'm gonna get!

Oooo- how come you are getting tax cuts and I'm not? Not fair!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry: :)

Did anyone post this? Sorry if it's a rerun, but now everyone has to wade through all our goofiness.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=305726

JAE said:
Did anyone post this? Sorry if it's a rerun, but now everyone has to wade through all our goofiness.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=305726

Yes my sweet, you been there, done that...posted this... :) You obviously need some protein- you're memory is in a candy haze!!! :D:blushing:

No, it isn't my memory. I just don't want to go back and reread the posts to find it. Did I post that one? Someone else must have. I hadn't read it yet. I'll stop for the evening. Posting columns, I mean.

JAE said:
No, it isn't my memory. I just don't want to go back and reread the posts to find it. Did I post that one? Someone else must have. I hadn't read it yet. I'll stop for the evening. Posting columns, I mean.

So how many trick-or-treaters did you have? :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Oooo- how come you are getting tax cuts and I'm not? Not fair!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry: :)

Aren't we all going to get awesome tax breaks after President Obama is in office??

I had about 16? I don't think I had over 20. So, yeah, I have a lot of candy left.

chefsteph07 said:
Aren't we all going to get awesome tax breaks after President Obama is in office??

Sorry, I'm in the top 5%...maybe I should just have people come over to my house for the handout. I like to see where my money is going... :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Sorry, I'm in the top 5%...maybe I should just have people come over to my house for the handout. I like to see where my money is going... :)

WOW Kacey...you ARE rich!! But pretty soon I'm gonna be rich too because the Dems keep making the definition of middle class lower and lower. Today Gov. Bill Richardson said middle class was $120,000 and lower. Sen. Biden said on Monday it was $150,000 and lower. So by the time Nov 5th rolls around, I know I'll be in the "Rich" bracket with you! We'll have so much fun handing our money out ;)

Okay - I'm back.

Here is something for your reading pleasure...of course, it's something we all know, but Obama supporters have been saying we are just whining about it...but now, another independent study that says this:

http://www.comcast.net/articles/tv/20081031/Campaign.Media/

I just got this emailed to me today. I have no idea if it was really written by "Joe Porter" from llinoisbut it doesn't matter, the point is that whoever wrote it has some good points!!

Dear Friends:
My name is Joe Porter . I live in Champaign , Illinois . I'm 46 years old, a born-again Christian, a husband, a father, a small business owner, a veteran, and a homeowner. I don't consider myself to be either conservative or liberal, and I vote for the person, not Republican or Democrat. I don't believe there are 'two Americas ' but that every person in this country can be whomever and whatever they want to be if they'll just work to get there and nowhere else on earth can they find such opportunities. I believe our government should help those who are legitimately downtrodden, and should always put the interests of America first.

The purpose of this message is that I'm concerned about the future of this great nation. I'm worried that the silent majority of honest, hard-working, tax-paying people in this country have been passive for too long. Most folks I know choose not to involve themselves in politics. They go about their daily lives, paying their bills, raising their kids, and doing what they can to maintain the good life. They vote and consider doing so to be a sacred trust. They shake their heads at the political pundits and so-called 'news', thinking that what they hear is always spun by whomever is reporting it. They can't understand how elected officials can regularly violate the public trust with pork barrel spending. They don't want government handouts. They want the government to protect them, not raise their taxes for more government programs.

We are in the unique position in this country of electing our leaders. It's a privilege to do so. I've never found a candidate in any election with whom I agreed on everything. I'll wager that most of us don't even agree with our families or spouses 100% of the time. So when I step into that voting booth, I always try to look at the big picture and cast my vote for the man or woman who is best qualified for the job. I've hired a lot of people in my lifetime, and essentially that's what an election is - a hiring process. Who has the credentials? Whom do I want working for me? Whom can I trust to do the job right?

I'm concerned that a growing number of voters in this country simply don't get it. They are caught up in a fervor they can't explain, and calling it 'change'.

'Change what?', I ask.

'Well, we're going to change America ', they say.

'In what way?', I query.

'We want someone new and fresh in= the White House', they exclaim.

'So, someone who's not a politician?', I say.

'Uh, well, no, we just want a lot of stuff changed, so we're voting for Obama', they state.

'So the current system, the system of freedom and democracy that has enabled a man to grow up in this great country, get a fine education, raise incredible amounts of money and dominate the news, and win his party's nomination for the White House that system's all wrong?'

'No, no, that part of the system's okay we just need a lot of change.'

And so it goes. 'Change we can believe in.'

Quite frankly, I don't believe that vague proclamations of change hold any promise for me. In recent months, I've been asking virtually everyone I encounter how they're voting. I live in Illinois , so most folks tell me they're voting for Barack Obama . But no one can really tell me why only that he's going to change a lot of stuff 'Change, change, change.' I have yet to find one single person who can tell me distinctly and convincingly why this man is qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful nation on earth other than the fact that he claims he's going to implement a lot of change.

We've all seen the emails about Obama's genealogy, his upbringing, his Muslim background, and his church affiliations. Let's ignore this for a moment. Put it all aside. Then ask yourself, 'What qualifies this man to be my president? That he's a brilliant orator and talks about change?'

CHANGE WHAT?

Friends, I'll be forthright with you I believe the American voters who are supporting Barack Obama don't have a clue what they're doing, as evidenced by the fact that not one of them - NOT ONE of them I've spoken to can spell out his qualifications. Not even the most liberal media can explain why he should be elected. Political experience? Negligible. Foreign relations? Non-existent. Achievements? Name one. Someone who wants to unite the country? If you haven't read his wife's thesis from Princeton , look it up on the web. This is who's lining up to be our next First Lady? The only thing I can glean from Obama's constant harping about change is that we're in for a lot of new taxes.

For me, the choice is clear. I've looked carefully at the two leading applicants for the job, and I've made my choice.

Here's a question - 'Where were you five and a half years ago? Around Christmas, 2002. You've had five or six birthdays in that time. My son has grown from a sixth grade child to a high school graduate. Five and a half years is a good chunk of time. About 2,000 days. 2,000 nights of sleep. 6, 000 meals, give= or take.'

John McCain spent that amount of time, from 1967 to 1973, in a North Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camp.

When offered early release, he refused it. He considered this offer to be a public relations stunt by his captors, and insisted that those held longer than he should be released first. Did you get that part? He was offered his freedom, and he turned it down. A regimen of beatings and torture began.

Do you possess such strength of character? Locked in a filthy cell in a foreign country, would you turn down your own freedom in favor of your fellow man? I submit that's a quality of character that is rarely found, and for me, this singular act defines John McCain .

Unlike several presidential candidates in recent years whose military service is questionable or non-existent, you will not find anyone to denigrate the integrity and moral courage of this man. A graduate of Annapolis, during his Naval service he received the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross. His own son is now serving in the Marine Corps in Iraq . Barack Obama is fond of saying 'We honor John McCain's service...BUT...', which to me is condescending and offensive - because what I hear is, 'Let's forget this man's sacrifice for his country, and his proven leadership abilities, and talk some more about change.'

I don't agree with John McCain on everything - but I am utterly convinced that he is qualified to be our next President, and I trust him to do what's right. I know in my heart that he has the best interests of our country in mind. He doesn't simply want to be President - he wants to lead America , and there's a huge difference. Factually, there is simply no comparison between the two candidates. A man of questionable background and motives who prattles on about change, can't hold a candle to a man who has devoted his life in public service to this nation, retiring from the Navy in1981 and elected to the Senate in1982.

Perhaps Obama's supporters are taking a stance between old and new. Maybe they don't care about McCain's service or his strength of character, or his unblemished qualifications to be President. Maybe 'likeability' is a higher priority for them than 'trust'. Being a prisoner of war is not what qualifies John McCain to be President of the United States of America - but his demonstrated leadership certainly DOES.

Dear friends, it is time for us to stand. It is time for thinking Americans to say, 'Enough.' It is time for people of all parties to stop following the party line. It is time for anyone who wants to keep America first, who wants the right man leading their nation, to start a dialogue with all their friends and neighbors and ask who they're voting for, and why.

There's a lot of evil in this world. That should be readily apparent to all of us by now. And when faced with that evil as we are now, I want a man who knows the cost of war on his troops and on his citizens. I want a man who puts my family's interests before any foreign country.

I want a President who's qualified to lead.

I want my country back, and I'm voting for John McCain .

AnnieBee said:
I just got this emailed to me today. I have no idea if it was really written by "Joe Porter" from llinoisbut it doesn't matter, the point is that whoever wrote it has some good points!!

Dear Friends:
My name is Joe Porter . I live in Champaign , Illinois . I'm 46 years old, a born-again Christian, a husband, a father, a small business owner, a veteran, and a homeowner. I don't consider myself to be either conservative or liberal, and I vote for the person, not Republican or Democrat. I don't believe there are 'two Americas ' but that every person in this country can be whomever and whatever they want to be if they'll just work to get there and nowhere else on earth can they find such opportunities. I believe our government should help those who are legitimately downtrodden, and should always put the interests of America first.

The purpose of this message is that I'm concerned about the future of this great nation. I'm worried that the silent majority of honest, hard-working, tax-paying people in this country have been passive for too long. Most folks I know choose not to involve themselves in politics. They go about their daily lives, paying their bills, raising their kids, and doing what they can to maintain the good life. They vote and consider doing so to be a sacred trust. They shake their heads at the political pundits and so-called 'news', thinking that what they hear is always spun by whomever is reporting it. They can't understand how elected officials can regularly violate the public trust with pork barrel spending. They don't want government handouts. They want the government to protect them, not raise their taxes for more government programs.

We are in the unique position in this country of electing our leaders. It's a privilege to do so. I've never found a candidate in any election with whom I agreed on everything. I'll wager that most of us don't even agree with our families or spouses 100% of the time. So when I step into that voting booth, I always try to look at the big picture and cast my vote for the man or woman who is best qualified for the job. I've hired a lot of people in my lifetime, and essentially that's what an election is - a hiring process. Who has the credentials? Whom do I want working for me? Whom can I trust to do the job right?

I'm concerned that a growing number of voters in this country simply don't get it. They are caught up in a fervor they can't explain, and calling it 'change'.

'Change what?', I ask.

'Well, we're going to change America ', they say.

'In what way?', I query.

'We want someone new and fresh in= the White House', they exclaim.

'So, someone who's not a politician?', I say.

'Uh, well, no, we just want a lot of stuff changed, so we're voting for Obama', they state.

'So the current system, the system of freedom and democracy that has enabled a man to grow up in this great country, get a fine education, raise incredible amounts of money and dominate the news, and win his party's nomination for the White House that system's all wrong?'

'No, no, that part of the system's okay we just need a lot of change.'

And so it goes. 'Change we can believe in.'

Quite frankly, I don't believe that vague proclamations of change hold any promise for me. In recent months, I've been asking virtually everyone I encounter how they're voting. I live in Illinois , so most folks tell me they're voting for Barack Obama . But no one can really tell me why only that he's going to change a lot of stuff 'Change, change, change.' I have yet to find one single person who can tell me distinctly and convincingly why this man is qualified to be President and Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful nation on earth other than the fact that he claims he's going to implement a lot of change.

We've all seen the emails about Obama's genealogy, his upbringing, his Muslim background, and his church affiliations. Let's ignore this for a moment. Put it all aside. Then ask yourself, 'What qualifies this man to be my president? That he's a brilliant orator and talks about change?'

CHANGE WHAT?

Friends, I'll be forthright with you I believe the American voters who are supporting Barack Obama don't have a clue what they're doing, as evidenced by the fact that not one of them - NOT ONE of them I've spoken to can spell out his qualifications. Not even the most liberal media can explain why he should be elected. Political experience? Negligible. Foreign relations? Non-existent. Achievements? Name one. Someone who wants to unite the country? If you haven't read his wife's thesis from Princeton , look it up on the web. This is who's lining up to be our next First Lady? The only thing I can glean from Obama's constant harping about change is that we're in for a lot of new taxes.

For me, the choice is clear. I've looked carefully at the two leading applicants for the job, and I've made my choice.

Here's a question - 'Where were you five and a half years ago? Around Christmas, 2002. You've had five or six birthdays in that time. My son has grown from a sixth grade child to a high school graduate. Five and a half years is a good chunk of time. About 2,000 days. 2,000 nights of sleep. 6, 000 meals, give= or take.'

John McCain spent that amount of time, from 1967 to 1973, in a North Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camp.

When offered early release, he refused it. He considered this offer to be a public relations stunt by his captors, and insisted that those held longer than he should be released first. Did you get that part? He was offered his freedom, and he turned it down. A regimen of beatings and torture began.

Do you possess such strength of character? Locked in a filthy cell in a foreign country, would you turn down your own freedom in favor of your fellow man? I submit that's a quality of character that is rarely found, and for me, this singular act defines John McCain .

Unlike several presidential candidates in recent years whose military service is questionable or non-existent, you will not find anyone to denigrate the integrity and moral courage of this man. A graduate of Annapolis, during his Naval service he received the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross. His own son is now serving in the Marine Corps in Iraq . Barack Obama is fond of saying 'We honor John McCain's service...BUT...', which to me is condescending and offensive - because what I hear is, 'Let's forget this man's sacrifice for his country, and his proven leadership abilities, and talk some more about change.'

I don't agree with John McCain on everything - but I am utterly convinced that he is qualified to be our next President, and I trust him to do what's right. I know in my heart that he has the best interests of our country in mind. He doesn't simply want to be President - he wants to lead America , and there's a huge difference. Factually, there is simply no comparison between the two candidates. A man of questionable background and motives who prattles on about change, can't hold a candle to a man who has devoted his life in public service to this nation, retiring from the Navy in1981 and elected to the Senate in1982.

Perhaps Obama's supporters are taking a stance between old and new. Maybe they don't care about McCain's service or his strength of character, or his unblemished qualifications to be President. Maybe 'likeability' is a higher priority for them than 'trust'. Being a prisoner of war is not what qualifies John McCain to be President of the United States of America - but his demonstrated leadership certainly DOES.

Dear friends, it is time for us to stand. It is time for thinking Americans to say, 'Enough.' It is time for people of all parties to stop following the party line. It is time for anyone who wants to keep America first, who wants the right man leading their nation, to start a dialogue with all their friends and neighbors and ask who they're voting for, and why.

There's a lot of evil in this world. That should be readily apparent to all of us by now. And when faced with that evil as we are now, I want a man who knows the cost of war on his troops and on his citizens. I want a man who puts my family's interests before any foreign country.

I want a President who's qualified to lead.

I want my country back, and I'm voting for John McCain .

If I could whistle REALLY loudly... I would do so as I stand on my desk chair and clap wildly! Amen Brother!!! Amen... And AMEN for posting this Annie bee!!!

That was nice. (A little long for me to stick with it, but I get the picture.)

JAE said:
That was nice. (A little long for me to stick with it, but I get the picture.)

Seriously?!? I figured my long winded posts over the months would have trained you to endure almost any length post... hmfph... obviously I'm going to have to try harder! ;)

It's getting late and my meds have long been out of my system! And besides, I usually read stuff thinking about who needs to read it and learn something. "Where can I post this?"

JAE said:
It's getting late and my meds have long been out of my system! And besides, I usually read stuff thinking about who needs to read it and learn something. "Where can I post this?"
I emailed it to my peeps!:)

Stampaholic1961 said:
Subject: Joe the Plumber

Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the
Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama's house, which is located in a very nice
neighborhood and where it's clear that all the residents make more
than $250,000 per year.

...........etc...........etc...............etc.......................

Obama tries to straighten out the plumber: "Of course you're hurting,
Joe! Don't you get it? If all the rich people learn how to fix their
own plumbing and you refuse to charge the poorer people for your
services, you'll be broke, and then what will you do?"

Joe immediately replies, "Run for president, apparently."

(Go back to the original post to read the whole story. It's a good one.)

I posted this on a different forum and the arrogant, obnoxious, high and mighty, full of herself, liberal woman (description is not based on her political beliefs except the liberal part) responded to it with this:

"Clearly, the writer here doesn't understand the point of Obama's tax plan, and no one understands the academic meaning of 'redistribution.' Trickle down doesn't work. We know from experience."

She takes the cake. I can't even stand to look at her picture. Anyway, this post is nothing compared to her other arrogant postings. I should have entertained everyone with a lot more of these. You could help me with the comebacks. I'll get into that tomorrow.

BethCooks4U said:
Whatever. Enjoy yourselves. Go ahead and call him Hitler, anti-Christ and whatever else you need to do. You have to live with yourself.

I'm done here. Really.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying this and then coming back~I have never personally attacked you...I have spoken (typed) in generalizations that the people that agree with me on this thread will understand. If you do not like what we think or feel, quit opening the thread, Beth.

Kitchen Diva said:

Man..I don't know anyone RICH...
I bow to you....LOL

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama’s aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Zeituni Onyango, 56, referred to as “Aunti Zeituni” in Obama’s memoir, was instructed to leave the United States by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP late Friday. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango’s case.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one of them a federal law enforcment official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release.

Onyango’s refusal to leave the country would represent an administrative, non-criminal violation of U.S. immigration law, meaning such cases are handled outside the criminal court system. Estimates vary, but many experts believe there are more than 10 million such immigrants in the United States.

The AP could not reach Onyango immediately for comment. No one answered the telephone number listed in her name late Friday. It was unclear why her request for asylum was rejected in 2004.

Onyango is not a relative whom Obama has discussed in campaign appearances and is not someone who has been part of the public discussion about his personal life.

chefsteph07 said:
Man..I don't know anyone RICH...
I bow to you....LOL

No bowing allowed.

chefsteph07 said:
WASHINGTON — Barack Obama’s aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Zeituni Onyango, 56, referred to as “Aunti Zeituni” in Obama’s memoir, was instructed to leave the United States by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP late Friday. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango’s case.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one of them a federal law enforcment official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release.

Onyango’s refusal to leave the country would represent an administrative, non-criminal violation of U.S. immigration law, meaning such cases are handled outside the criminal court system. Estimates vary, but many experts believe there are more than 10 million such immigrants in the United States.

The AP could not reach Onyango immediately for comment. No one answered the telephone number listed in her name late Friday. It was unclear why her request for asylum was rejected in 2004.

Onyango is not a relative whom Obama has discussed in campaign appearances and is not someone who has been part of the public discussion about his personal life.

hmmm - how much are you willing to bet that she will suddenly not get deported, that there was a 'clerical paperwork error' and she'll be invited to stay here? I also wonder how much her nephew knew about her status?

I'm not against immigration - I'm against those who feel as if they don't have to do it legally and sponge off our tax dollars.

pamperedlinda said:
hmmm - how much are you willing to bet that she will suddenly not get deported, that there was a 'clerical paperwork error' and she'll be invited to stay here? I also wonder how much her nephew knew about her status?

I'm not against immigration - I'm against those who feel as if they don't have to do it legally and sponge off our tax dollars.

Linda, there are people here legally that are sponging off tax dollars...we've raised a country of spongers! And not happy sponges, Like SpongeBob Squarepants!

AMEN Annie Bee - thank you so much for posting this!

The Christian Vote - this is just something I feel I must share - and I hope you will do the same.
http://www.valuevotersusa.com/

Cindycooks said:
The Christian Vote - this is just something I feel I must share - and I hope you will do the same.
http://www.valuevotersusa.com/

Thank you for sharing this video!!

On television today a Democratic operative pointed out that when Obama
holds a rally 30 - 50,000 people show up, whereas when McCain holds one he
only draws 10-15,000.
The Republican spokesman replied, "That's because McCain's supporters
are at work, they have a job and are not on welfare."

Stampaholic1961 said:
On television today a Democratic operative pointed out that when Obama
holds a rally 30 - 50,000 people show up, whereas when McCain holds one he
only draws 10-15,000.
The Republican spokesman replied, "That's because McCain's supporters
are at work, they have a job and are not on welfare
."

Great, now there's cocoa ALL over my monitor! :D

Kitchen Diva said:
Great, now there's cocoa ALL over my monitor! :D

Oooops!! I guess I will have to issue a SPEW alert before posting!

<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies