• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
I'm with you Linda! 5 days until we at least get rid of TV ads and print media hopefully!

pamperedlinda said:
I cannot wait for all of this to be over! I'm so tired of the pompous boasting and the misleading facts and the lies. The enormous amount of money that is being spent is absolutely vulgar! When I think of all the good-will that could have been done with even a small percentage of it galls me.

Yeah like maybe a couple hundred to help his aunt that he speaks so affectionately of in "Dreams from My Father", that lives in rundown public housing in South Boston. Oh wait a minute...she made a contribution to his campaign in the amount of $260. :confused: My bad.

BethCooks4U said:
That is so sad - and petty.

I heard a lot of "Bush is the president and we should respect him." when people were saying negative things about him. If Obama is elected we all should make efforts to unite and respect him. The majority will speak. If McCain is elected I will make efforts and respect him. I would expect the same of you all.

I cannot respect anyone that lies like this man does, Beth~I will respect the position, but NEVER this man. I am stunned at the blindness going on around me!

BethCooks4U said:
Smear you? Really? WOW. Here's an example of a petty comment. Sorry, Becky, I love you but this was a bit much.

So you really think that Mickey Mouse is going to show up at the polls? Or someone is going to show up and say he's Homer Simpson and show ID that says he is? As a poll worker I can tell you that there are several checks and balances in place and it just can't happen. I just got back from training - even those of us who have done it many times before had to go so that there are no doubts we are following the law - at the training they said that all voting places will have people watching us to be sure things are legal (at least in our county). All this talk of voter fraud is just another attempt to suppress the vote.

You may have several checks and balances at your polling place - but that isn't the reality at many.

At mine, you just show your voter registration and one other piece of ID, and you vote. That's it.

In Ohio, the court has even said that voters can't be challenged. And we all know what ACORN has been doing there.:rolleyes:

It's one thing to suppress the vote - and a completely different thing to want it to be legal and honest.
It's a well documented fact (even in the liberal MSM) that there is rampant voter fraud going on in key states - it's not just "an attempt to suppress the vote"....it's reality. NOT talking about it and trying to do something about it is the crime in this situation.

chefmeg said:
I cannot respect anyone that lies like this man does, Beth~I will respect the position, but NEVER this man. I am stunned at the blindness going on around me!

You obviously haven't been listening to your candidate. I was not going to respond but you have attacked visciously several times (offensive things like having our "heads up Obama's butt"). Your candidate is far from perfect and he is repeating lies over and over that have been checked and found to be untrue. It's sad that you can so blindly believe what they are saying - to paraphrase your own words.

Obviously there is no sense in trying to discuss anything with many of you. Several of you have stated that you won't even listen to him - how can you learn the truth if you only listen to one side and are determined to slander and slime no matter what. I guess that's why they say to never discuss religion or politics.

Again, I am out of here. I will not continue arguing.

at my polling place...in a small town...they don't even ask for your card...I don't even know where mine is. They just ask your name.

Do you HONESTLY believe that he does not have questionable ties? What about his minister at his church? Do you HONESTLY think that he does not share the same views about America? SERIOUSLY. ANd I would say this for ANYONE running, not just HIM. Taking away the whole "is he muslim or not" and all that other stuff, what about his ASSOCIATIONS? Does that not make a person who they are? REALLY? I know that we are not going to change each others minds, and that's fine. But I really cannot understand how so many people can overlook this! I'm not SAYING that he pals w/ terrorists, BUT, if this were a court of LAW, would there not be REASONABLE DOUBT to state that MAYBE he has had some associations that might not be so on the up and up? And IF there is REASONABLE DOUBT, are you really ready to take that chance? That is ALL I am saying.

My husband has a saying ... "Show me your friends & I'll show you WHO you are"

chefsteph07 said:
Do you HONESTLY believe that he does not have questionable ties? What about his minister at his church? Do you HONESTLY think that he does not share the same views about America? SERIOUSLY. ANd I would say this for ANYONE running, not just HIM. Taking away the whole "is he muslim or not" and all that other stuff, what about his ASSOCIATIONS? Does that not make a person who they are? REALLY? I know that we are not going to change each others minds, and that's fine. But I really cannot understand how so many people can overlook this! I'm not SAYING that he pals w/ terrorists, BUT, if this were a court of LAW, would there not be REASONABLE DOUBT to state that MAYBE he has had some associations that might not be so on the up and up? And IF there is REASONABLE DOUBT, are you really ready to take that chance? That is ALL I am saying.

But, remember that double standard....if you are a democrat, character doesn't matter....but if you are a Republican, you better be spotless and blameless in every area of your life from birth on, or the MSM will crucify you!

NO ONE will ever be able to tell me that the whole deal with him coming out and condemning his pastor wasn't purely political on his part - he sat under that man's teaching for 20 some years....hailed him as a mentor and personal hero....and then people actually believed him when he said he'd never heard that teaching before? Come On! You aren't that closely associated with someone for that long, and totally oblivious to their ideology and worldview. He went along with it, and probably even "amened" with the rest of the congregation....until it became politically expedient for him to disavow it all.

ChefBeckyD said:
But, remember that double standard....if you are a democrat, character doesn't matter....but if you are a Republican, you better be spotless and blameless in every area of your life from birth on, or the MSM will crucify you!

NO ONE will ever be able to tell me that the whole deal with him coming out and condemning his pastor wasn't purely political on his part - he sat under that man's teaching for 20 some years....hailed him as a mentor and personal hero....and then people actually believed him when he said he'd never heard that teaching before? Come On! You aren't that closely associated with someone for that long, and totally oblivious to their ideology and worldview. He went along with it, and probably even "amened" with the rest of the congregation....until it became politically expedient for him to disavow it all.

AMEN!! And Amen!

ChefBeckyD said:

So now all democrats are sleeze? I have been a Republican all my adult life (well until 2 years ago, now I'm unaffilitated) but I never knew Democrats were so evil. WOW. All I can say is WOW.

And no, I don't believe all the crap the other side is spewing about Obama. He's not perfect but anyone in politics has had associations that they would rather not have. McCain has associated and given/taken money with plenty of undesireable people. If your next door neighbor was a child molester does that make you a bad person.

I guess if a politician has nothing to offer all he/she can do is attack the other side and blame the media. Sad.

BethCooks4U said:
So now all democrats are sleeze? I have been a Republican all my adult life (well until 2 years ago, now I'm unaffilitated) but I never knew Democrats were so evil. WOW. All I can say is WOW.
Where did you get that out of her statement, Becky was once again specifically referring to the MSM and how they portray Democrats and Republicans, not what she believes for each individual person?You can say the SAME thing about Hollywood...ask Kelsey Grammer!

What scares me about him is this, he is a political figure. How many of you can honestly say we have had a politician in office that has not on some level been a smuck? I am 47 years old. Even JFK was! So... the point is they are both full of crap and both are not worthy of that office. The problem then is who is? NO ONE! No one has the brains or the power to run our government. McCaine has friends who are lobbiests for the fuel companies and drug companies. Obama has friends that tell it like they see it. Even if it is white bashing. As far as I am concerned, I would like to stand before both and simply say, "I would love to see things from your point of view but I don't think I can get my head that far up my arse!" I do not believe anyone who makes over $100,000 a year in anyway shape or form is living the reality of over 85% of the population. So how can someone who does not know the cost of a loaf of bread, or what it is like to choose between heat and drugs or food, or how many homes they own or how much his wife spends on clothes, can relate to me? I do not believe they can. It is the same old routine that it has been for well over 200 years. You simply vote for who YOU think is the best person, then the electoral college puts the man in office. Remember when George got elected, it sure as heck wasn't by popular vote. It was because someone in government decided to make it so that our votes don't count. Not really. 3 people in a state can vote. When two or three vote for one, that man wins. So what's the point. I only vote becasue I wanna to be able to gripe with a clear concience. Then I pray like crazy when whomever gets in office! I have totally lost faith in our government. If I believed everything I have heard promised since I was a kid, well then, I would not be struggling to keep my home or trying to decide which perscriptions I can pick up this week and which I need to skip. So I could carealess who wins. Either way as far as I am concerned they are both worthless.

janetupnorth said:
Where did you get that out of her statement, Becky was once again specifically referring to the MSM and how they portray Democrats and Republicans, not what she believes for each individual person?

You can say the SAME thing about Hollywood...ask Kelsey Grammer!

"But, remember that double standard....if you are a democrat, character doesn't matter...."

A great quote I read today:

"Hitler was a great speaker too!"

He had a lot of people backing him from class envy - just as Obama is trying to exploit now.

BethCooks4U said:
"But, remember that double standard....if you are a democrat, character doesn't matter...."
Read the whole statement, the entire statement. From start to end of punctuation. She was clearly referring to the MSM.They have a double standard for politics. If you are a democrat, character doesn't matter, that is their view.

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
What scares me about him is this, he is a political figure. How many of you can honestly say we have had a politician in office that has not on some level been a smuck? I am 47 years old. Even JFK was! So... the point is they are both full of crap and both are not worthy of that office. The problem then is who is? NO ONE! No one has the brains or the power to run our government. McCaine has friends who are lobbiests for the fuel companies and drug companies. Obama has friends that tell it like they see it. Even if it is white bashing. As far as I am concerned, I would like to stand before both and simply say, "I would love to see things from your point of view but I don't think I can get my head that far up my arse!" I do not believe anyone who makes over $100,000 a year in anyway shape or form is living the reality of over 85% of the population. So how can someone who does not know the cost of a loaf of bread, or what it is like to choose between heat and drugs or food, or how many homes they own or how much his wife spends on clothes, can relate to me? I do not believe they can. It is the same old routine that it has been for well over 200 years. You simply vote for who YOU think is the best person, then the electoral college puts the man in office. Remember when George got elected, it sure as heck wasn't by popular vote. It was because someone in government decided to make it so that our votes don't count. Not really. 3 people in a state can vote. When two or three vote for one, that man wins. So what's the point. I only vote becasue I wanna to be able to gripe with a clear concience. Then I pray like crazy when whomever gets in office! I have totally lost faith in our government. If I believed everything I have heard promised since I was a kid, well then, I would not be struggling to keep my home or trying to decide which perscriptions I can pick up this week and which I need to skip. So I could carealess who wins. Either way as far as I am concerned they are both worthless.

John,

My love for you grows stronger every day :love: You rock man!

I agree with several of your points. I voted for McCain - but I can honestly say that my vote was more a vote against Obama than a vote for McCain. McCain scares me much less than Obama does. God help us, we need it.

Smootches on ya!

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:

And no, I don't believe all the crap the other side is spewing about Obama. He's not perfect but anyone in politics has had associations that they would rather not have. McCain has associated and given/taken money with plenty of undesireable people. If your next door neighbor was a child molester does that make you a bad person.

I guess if a politician has nothing to offer all he/she can do is attack the other side and blame the media. Sad.

That is not what I said - and you know it. I was not attacking you or anyone - YOU keep making things personal, when they are clearly not intended that way.

AND - again, the MEDIA BIAS...which affects how people think, and how they vote, has been clearly documented and proven. It's not an attack from the "other side". Non-partisan election watchdogs have documented it very well.

BethCooks4U said:

That is called taking a quote out of context. It's a cheap shot.

Whatever. Enjoy yourselves. Go ahead and call him Hitler, anti-Christ and whatever else you need to do. You have to live with yourself.

I'm done here. Really.

What the heck does that have to do with you taking Becky's quote out of context?
Obviously there are some deeper issues we don't know about in your life.
I hope it gets better.

janetupnorth said:
What the heck does that have to do with you taking Becky's quote out of context?
Obviously there are some deeper issues we don't know about in your life.
I hope it gets better.

It has nothing to do with Becky accusing me of taking her comments out of context. It has to do with all the garbage thats been spewed on these threads. My life is just fine thank you. No need to be so mocking and sarcastic.

pamperedlinda said:
John,

My love for you grows stronger every day :love: You rock man!

I agree with several of your points. I voted for McCain - but I can honestly say that my vote was more a vote against Obama than a vote for McCain. McCain offends me much less than Obama does. God help us, we need it.

Smootches on ya!

Linda,

I voted for McCain because I would have voted for anyone other than "O" for my own reasons.

It's funny to me that there has been name calling, bickering and insults regarding this subject on the boards lately, but the freedom that we have as Americans is what allows us to be able to have different opinions AND I still don't understand why people read threads that bother them or they don't agree with. If the title offends you then don't click on the thread. How hard is that?

There never has been nor will there EVER be one candidate that everyone supports but thats what makes this country great isn't it? We have the choice to support who we want and how we want. We have clearly two parties that have different opinions on how the country should function. They will never have the same opinion on everything, so can't we just agree that we disagree???

I must say I have not been spending time here lately only because it seems that some people really got out of control with the name calling and what not. And honestly I have so many people on my ignore list now that it makes me laugh!

Just my 2 cents for the day!

pamperedlinda said:
I cannot wait for all of this to be over! I'm so tired of the pompous boasting and the misleading facts and the lies. The enormous amount of money that is being spent is absolutely vulgar! When I think of all the good-will that could have been done with even a small percentage of it galls me.

Linda, I really agree with you on this one!

chefmeg said:

Meg, I'll bring my flashlight and we'll walk through it together! :)

BethCooks4U said:
It has nothing to do with Becky accusing me of taking her comments out of context. It has to do with all the garbage thats been spewed on these threads. My life is just fine thank you. No need to be so mocking and sarcastic.

There must be something because that was NOT mocking or sarcastic. That was genuine concern. You've been very irritable lately and I figure it isn't all political. I do pray that it gets better!

Beth, I have kindly held my tongue for weeks and I'm not willing to hold it any more. I believe no matter what anyone says on this thread you will argue against. You are reading into things that aren't even there...accusing friends of saying things they aren't, and taking things personally when they are not even aimed at you. Additionally you have continually stated in this thread and even other political threads that you are "So out of here... I'm gone for good this time...I don't want to lose any friends, so I'm done on these threads....

Yet, here you are, and you keep responding to people's posts and you get more and more angry, and upset...among a few other things.

I don't have a problem calmly and maturly discussing politics but you are so emotional, and so far in the tank for Obama that you are seemingly unable to remain objective through out this.

I wish you could step outside yourself and see what you've become in your posts because it's amazing. You are willing to trade in friendships in defending a man you do NOT know...on a personal level or otherwise. (and by not knowing I mean, you aren't personal friends, he's not a family member, he's not over at your house for dinner a couple times a year, etc)

So much for a man never coming between you and your "sisters"...

I have decided that no matter how I word this you may feel I'm attacking you, others might feel this is uncalled for...but that's up to you and them. Offense is the bait of Satan and if people fall for the bait I'm sorry for that. This is not meant to offend anyone, and like I said, I'm hoping this will shake you up and get you to see what I've been witnessing for weeks...I'm worried about you.

I sit here and sadly shake my head as I watch you have a meltdown over this election. Why?

The worst thing that politicians have done to this country is cause such a rift and division among its citizens...that's what they want. Divided we cannot stand, and those that try to stand are hated by those that want to remain divided.

Beth I care about you, but you need to calm down hon...you are way too emotional- and you are starting to scare me and worry me. I mean that in all sincerity.

So if you really are "out of here" then Beth, stay away from this thread. When you keep threatening to leave because your sick of the arguing, but keep coming back to argue, it solves nothing, because you get more and more emotional and heated as the posts continue.

I don't want to lose you from CS- you have been a good friend to me here and to many others as well. I know I'm not the only one concerned...

If you need any specific prayer requests, please feel free to PM me, because I will not talk politics with you, but I will pray with you.:)
I'll be darned if two bloated egos running for office come between me and my CS friends- you'd be wise to follow in my footsteps!

BethCooks4U said:
It wasn't an accusation - it was a fact. You took a tiny part of a sentence/thought...and made it into something it wasn't.

I have tried to be respectful, and not accusatory or mean to anyone. I haven't called you names, or maligned your character...even though we disagree on this election, I have still considered you a friend. I have only posted a couple things on your "Love Obama" thread when there have been discrepancies in what people have said. (Like taking scripture out of context to use it for a political point.) But I haven't disputed your posts there or made snide comments on that thread.

However - it is true that you have become more and more defensive and angry. I think you have posted more on this thread than your Love thread. You have been accusatory, and angry, and increasingly personal in your attacks.

I'm sorry that because I don't agree with you it makes you so angry with me. I've always had your back, Beth....you know that - and I'm a little taken aback when you start personal attacks against me.

ChefBeckyD said:
It wasn't an accusation - it was a fact. You took a tiny part of a sentence/thought...and made it into something it wasn't.

I have tried to be respectful, and not accusatory or mean to anyone. I haven't called you names, or maligned your character...even though we disagree on this election, I have still considered you a friend. I have only posted a couple things on your "Love Obama" thread when there have been discrepancies in what people have said. (Like taking scripture out of context to use it for a political point.) But I haven't disputed your posts there or made snide comments on that thread.

However - it is true that you have become more and more defensive and angry. I think you have posted more on this thread than your Love thread. You have been accusatory, and angry, and increasingly personal in your attacks.

I'm sorry that because I don't agree with you it makes you so angry with me. I've always had your back, Beth....you know that - and I'm a little taken aback when you start personal attacks against me.
Hence my post above yours...

Hello? Minnesota? What are you thinking? Let's get with the program, people.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=302734

OK...a little highjack... but this is great.. Gotta love God!! Pardon me if it is a repeat!!! Please remember to PRAY!!! It is the only way to get them elected.. just like McCain said!!!!

Pastor Mark Arnold in Lebanon, Ohio wrote the below account. This account is
true. As of 3:30 p.m. today, September 25, he's heard back from 49 states, 11 nations, several major Christian ministries and news networks and is receiving 70-100 emails an hour. He is refusing money from the news networks for the story even though he's a 'tent-maker' pastor of a little church. He works 50-hour weeks in addition to his church duties.

He was asked what he felt the value was in letting this story go public. He
said he is seeing people moved and coming out of the 'caves' they've
been in, coming alive and realizing that they need to get back involved in the
affairs of the nation and not sleep through this season like the church did
when they allowed prayer to be removed from schools.

'God asked me if I would obey and I did,' he said. 'I was a
'Mordecai for her (Sarah Palin), I did my part. Now the church has to do
their part.' So, dear praying friends, read the story below - be encouraged and get to work - on
your knees, with your testimony and in the voting booth. And, whether
you agree with the idea of this story going public to non-believers or not, it
already has, so please pray for protection for him as well as for John
McCain and Sarah Palin.

Note from Pastor Mark Arnold (PLEASE READ ENTIRE STORY BELOW)

This past Tuesday, the McCain/Palin Bus came through a little town called,
Lebanon, Ohio. The LORD allowed me to go to the Rally giving them a message
that He wanted personally delivered.

Here’s how it happened…

Sunday Night - a burden hit me that would only shake me to my knees - I prayed
and wept for our Nation. Never has my heart been so broken before God.
I literally interceded for these wonderful people who do not deserve all the
hate against them. The GOD-Haters are going to try everything to stop
them, but they will not succeed! God is not pleased with the 'bashing'
in the News of this 'Anointed' person. He has called her for this time!
I promised God that I would pray and hold them up in prayer. I would
'listen' and be mindful of where they were.

Monday - The following day is important in this time-line because I didn't
even know until God spoke to me Monday and into Monday Night - the burden
of prayer was so heavy that I was literally shaking and could not stop weeping.
I didn't know that they were coming to Ohio. I prayed and walked and
wept and walked. I prayed and prayed and wept and prayed.

Tuesday at 2:00 A.M. - God spoke these words to me - 'Go turn the Radio
on!' Immediately the Reporter's Words were - 'McCain & Palin Bus
to be in Lebanon later this morning for a 10:00 A.M. Rally!' Immediately upon
hearing that news, I heard God again. God said, 'You are to go. You will
meet them and give them a message for Me!'

I prayed as an intercessor and went to a place in prayer that I don't think
I've ever been because the LORD had just visited me and I knew I was on
a 'Mission.' I had now been up since Sunday Night and now it's
Tuesday and I've got to go on the 'WORD of the LORD.' He sure became
My Strength as this unfolds. I didn't stop praying until I drove over to the town and
parked the car. The News would later report they were expecting 5,000 people
and the actual head-count of those who had been scanned was more than 10,000
people.

I simply obeyed and God actually told me where to stand, who to talk to and
when to be on the move. I had learned on the Mission Field, when God wants
to open a door, He will do it at the appropriate time. He always has someone to
assist and even those standing beside you may just be an Angel.

I struck up a conversation with an agent on the ground - he simply said, 'I
can't allow you to stand here!' This is where the bus was going to
actually pull up. They had to make a much larger perimeter, so the entire area
was now being moved back several blocks. The only other thing he told
me to do was to go through the metal detector zone and just watch from the
back. So, that's what I did.

Due to sensitivity of the Internet, I can't share much of the story, as to
what happened next, but it was definitely a GOD THING ALL THE WAY. Looking
over the shoulders and backs and heads of all the people, I knew it would take
a miracle for what GOD told me to do.

As I was standing there, two Boy Scouts came running up my back-literally, they
almost knocked me to the ground because they were running so fast
behind me up my back and over to the right. These Boy Scouts were about Junior
High Age.

Their Scout Leader and several others were behind them, but as the two out
front were trying to push through the crowd, saying they were late. The
smaller scouts were left in their dust. The Scout Leader, who was with a McCain
Rep from the State, grabbed me and told me bring the other Scouts up
front as they tried to keep up with the first two that just came through. I
just became the leader of the rest of the Scouts to lead them right up
front and center. As the Rep was shouting back at me to bring the Scouts
forward, the people parted just like God parted the Red Sea. I marched those
boys right up front and to the right of the stage as one was looking from the
back. When I got there I was fifteen feet from the podium. GOD
said, 'Stand here, and don't move from this spot.'

Within five minutes, the bus pulled up and around the other side McCain, Sarah
Palin and her husband Todd stepped up and the speeches took off. I was
where God placed me. And even Sarah Palin and Todd were standing on my side of
the stage. I made eye contact, I gave them thumbs up gestures and I
knew they were just happy to see me standing there. Ha Ha

When they came around the podium and started on the other side, I knew they
were coming right toward me, a little lady who stood by me, reached up and
told the Rep that they had promised a Picture with her because she was the one
who had lost a son in Iraq, recently. The Rep confirmed she would get a
picture with them and they would talk to her.

When McCain came to hug the lady, he immediately shook my hand and following
his moment with her, I shook his hand as he grabbed my hand, now for the
second time, and I said, 'God wants you to know that I'm praying for
you, Sir!' He thanked me and kept smiling. I repeated that phrase to him
five times. He grabbed my hands and looked right into my eyes and said, 'I
won't make it without prayer. Sir, thank you for praying for me, and
don't let one day go by that you don't pray for me. I need all the prayers that I can
get. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!' As he moved to my right, Sarah
Palin came over to my left side, standing over the crowd, and then looking at
the little lady who had lost the son. It took a moment for her to shake
some hands and people were pushing in all around. Sarah came and got on her
hands and knees on that side of the stage and hugged that little Mom,
telling her, 'It was not in vain.' She promised her support.

It was at this moment that Sarah Palin reached out for me to help her up and as
I was assisting her to stand I was now face to face with her and GOD
said, 'Open up your Mouth and I will fill it.'

Here is what came out...
'God wants you to know that you are a present day Esther!
[She immediately began to cry]!
God wants to tell you that you are Chosen for such a time as this! You are
called, and chosen to be a leader.
Don't lose heart and don't fear man.
The news and naysayers and criticizers are going to be very hateful toward you
and in the days ahead they are going to turn up the heat...but do not
fear.
You are a present day Esther.
You are an Esther.
You are an Esther!
Keep your eyes on GOD and know that He has chosen you to Reign! Stay strong. Be
strong. Don't tire. Don't be weary in well-doing. Be strong.'

Her husband Todd came over and I told him what I told her. He began to cry.
“I emphasized the fact that he was to guard her at this time and know that
she is GOD-CALLED and GOD-ANOINTED.' This is a GOD-THING and your wife is a
Present day Esther. She is for God to use at this time. She is an Esther.
She is an Esther. She is an Esther. You will be hated, but stand strong. GOD
has called both of you to stand!' We are praying and I am praying for you!

At this moment, McCain came right to where I was finishing talking to Todd and
I told Mr. McCain exactly what I told to Sarah and Todd Palin.

'Mr. McCain, they are called of God and she is an Esther. Don't lose
hope and don't lose heart. We are praying for all of you!' He shook my
hand and with a deep look of understanding of what I had just said, he said, 'Thank
you for your prayers and support. I really do mean that!'

And he turned and shook more hands and I watched them as they went through the
crowd. When I got to my car, I sat there for quite a long
time...knowing the GOD of the Universe had just used me to deliver a message
confirming to Sarah and Todd to realize they are truly chosen vessels of
God. I wept. I have not stopped praying and crying. My heart is full knowing
they had all the staging, and all the hype, and all the crowd, but the
GOD of Heaven and Earth wanted to give them a Divine-God-Appointment!

To God be all the GLORY and HONOR.

If anyone wants to know if I believe God can speak. Yes. Absolutely, is my
Answer! Be praying for me and let me know what you think about all of this.

Pastor Mark Arnold
[email protected]
LIFE COVENANT CHURCH
Monroe, Ohio

I saw a sign tonight that to me, was thought provoking:

On Judgment Day, will you be found biblically correct or politcally correct?

Hope no one gets offended by this, but unfortunatley Truth is offensive to some.
This has been an incredible learning experience for my children (DD is 16 and DS is 13). We home school, so we have the opportunity to really study the whole election process as well as the system the Founding Fathers put in place. It is truly an amazing process and my kids have realized how blessed we are to be Americans. They told me today they were so happy that I make them research things for themselves and make educated decisions instead of telling them what they should believe. That made me so proud of them :)

chefruthie said:
I saw a sign tonight that to me, was thought provoking:

On Judgment Day, will you be found biblically correct or politcally correct?

Hope no one gets offended by this, but unfortunatley Truth is offensive to some.
This has been an incredible learning experience for my children (DD is 16 and DS is 13). We home school, so we have the opportunity to really study the whole election process as well as the system the Founding Fathers put in place. It is truly an amazing process and my kids have realized how blessed we are to be Americans. They told me today they were so happy that I make them research things for themselves and make educated decisions instead of telling them what they should believe. That made me so proud of them :)

Ruthie - has your family read From Sea To Shining Sea, and The Light And The Glory by Peter Marshall?

Those are both excellent books on the founding of our country. Beautifully written - and they don't leave out parts of our history like the reconstructionist teaching kids get in the public schools today.

The Judeo-Christian View | Homepage

This website is regarding the candidates and where they stand on issues with supporting documentation.

I have not gone fully through the site so cannot personally speak for it but thought some people might find it useful, especially if they have not yet voted.

JAE said:

I think Minnesota must like bizarre people in public office...remember - they also voted Jesse Ventura as Governor....:rolleyes::eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I think Minnesota must like bizarre people in public office...remember - they also voted Jesse Ventura as Governor....:rolleyes::eek:

Michigan isn't that great either...he-he...just ask Ann! ;)

JAE said:

Sadly, I live in a rather conservative State that has for some reason lost its mind due to the cold weather-

Norm Coleman has broken almost every promise that he's made and we Swed's don't take to kindly to that. He won't protect marriage to between a man and woman, (I've even gotten letters from him) among other things, and people are tired of him. They didn't learn their lesson from having Jesse Ventura as Governor, so they want us to be the laughing stock of the nation, I guess. Frankin is as my liberal co-worker put it "Yucky"... :)

janetupnorth said:
Michigan isn't that great either...he-he...just ask Ann! ;)

Uh, yeah....but that's just the other side of the state....and besides - he did end up going to prison! (we'll see how long he stays, though.)

ChefBeckyD said:

No we don't like bizzare people in office, we're just bizzare people! :)

gingertannery said:
OK...a little highjack... but this is great.. Gotta love God!! Pardon me if it is a repeat!!! Please remember to PRAY!!! It is the only way to get them elected.. just like McCain said!!!!

And he turned and shook more hands and I watched them as they went through the
crowd. When I got to my car, I sat there for quite a long
time...knowing the GOD of the Universe had just used me to deliver a message
confirming to Sarah and Todd to realize they are truly chosen vessels of
God. I wept. I have not stopped praying and crying. My heart is full knowing
they had all the staging, and all the hype, and all the crowd, but the
GOD of Heaven and Earth wanted to give them a Divine-God-Appointment!

To God be all the GLORY and HONOR.

If anyone wants to know if I believe God can speak. Yes. Absolutely, is my
Answer! Be praying for me and let me know what you think about all of this.

Pastor Mark Arnold
[email protected]
LIFE COVENANT CHURCH
Monroe, Ohio
I snipped a large part of your post, Ginger...

Wow- this had me crying and gave me goosebumps! This was a wake up call for me to pray more than my little passing prayers each day! It is only through God's word, prayed by His people that He can move...

FYI

Q: What can a pastor, priest or rabbi legally say about these matters (partial birth abortion, sexual orientation laws, repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act, etc.) to the congregation?

A: Under the Free Exercise/Religious Liberty clause of the First Amendment, non-violent "pulpit to pew" speech in a house of worship is protected from government regulation. Pastors, rabbis and priests are free under both the Constitution and the tax code to preach Biblical ethics and morality, to name names of politicians, and to explain their public policies to congregants. Despite widespread misreporting and intentional distortion by opponents of religious liberty and free speech, no church has ever lost its tax exempt status for any such activity. Although The Judeo-Christian View does not advise express endorsement of any candidate from the pulpit, it is completely uncontroversial as a matter of law that pastors have a right to endorse/oppose in their personal capacities. For brief law videos, supporting documentation, details, caveats, and legal backup, go to The Judeo-Christian View | Homepage

http://www.townhallmail.com/wrqwdfqd_pgnieeen.html: Many pastors, priests, rabbis and boards do not understand that they can freely preach/teach the Bible AND clearly explain to their congregations where NAMED political leaders stand on public policy issues informed by the Bible, distinct from any talk of endorsements. For example, because churches are not granted tax-exempt status by the IRS but acquire it automatically when they come into existence, the IRS has never been able to take it away from any church.

JAE said:
FYI

Q: What can a pastor, priest or rabbi legally say about these matters (partial birth abortion, sexual orientation laws, repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act, etc.) to the congregation?

A: Under the Free Exercise/Religious Liberty clause of the First Amendment, non-violent "pulpit to pew" speech in a house of worship is protected from government regulation. Pastors, rabbis and priests are free under both the Constitution and the tax code to preach Biblical ethics and morality, to name names of politicians, and to explain their public policies to congregants. Despite widespread misreporting and intentional distortion by opponents of religious liberty and free speech, no church has ever lost its tax exempt status for any such activity. Although The Judeo-Christian View does not advise express endorsement of any candidate from the pulpit, it is completely uncontroversial as a matter of law that pastors have a right to endorse/oppose in their personal capacities. For brief law videos, supporting documentation, details, caveats, and legal backup, go to The Judeo-Christian View | Homepage

Liberty Counsel Many pastors, priests, rabbis and boards do not understand that they can freely preach/teach the Bible AND clearly explain to their congregations where NAMED political leaders stand on public policy issues informed by the Bible, distinct from any talk of endorsements. For example, because churches are not granted tax-exempt status by the IRS but acquire it automatically when they come into existence, the IRS has never been able to take it away from any church.

Thanks for posting that JAE....good to know. So many people automatically buy into what the media says without really knowing the truth.

There were alot of good things on the Judeo-Christian Website - the 2 videos at the end were priceless in their worth.

And, by the way, Sociaology teaches that the USA was founded on Judeo-Christian Ethics.....so sad how far we've drifted.:(

JAE said:
FYI

Liberty Counsel Many pastors, priests, rabbis and boards do not understand that they can freely preach/teach the Bible AND clearly explain to their congregations where NAMED political leaders stand on public policy issues informed by the Bible, distinct from any talk of endorsements. For example, because churches are not granted tax-exempt status by the IRS but acquire it automatically when they come into existence, the IRS has never been able to take it away from any church.

I bet if people were willing to believe they've been snookered...if we were to take every statement that the MSM has announced as WORD over the last decade- and put it to the truth test- I bet we'd be ashamed for being so gulable and too lazy to see if they were being honest to begin with!

JAE said:
FYI

You need to post this on the other thread for Di to see, she was talking about this and saying that her church was not allowed to do any kind of endorsement and some of them were doing it. She mentioned the tax exempt thing too.

Dear America,

We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an
election in the United States.

On one side, you have a lawyer who goes to the wrong church (married to a
lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run) who
just won a long and heated primary against a pants wearing lawyer, married
to another lawyer who can't keep his pants on.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name
appropriately starts with "Mc", married to a good looking younger woman
who owns a beer distributorship.

What in the Lord's name is hard about this decision??

chefsteph07 said:
Dear America,

LOL - that was funny!:D:D:D

chefsteph07 said:
Dear America,

Yeah, it's a no-brainer for a fine Irish girl like me! :) LOL... Snort!!!

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=305726

Subject: Joe the PlumberBarack Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the
Plumber to come and fix it.

Joe drives to Obama's house, which is located in a very nice
neighborhood and where it's clear that all the residents make more
than $250,000 per year.

Joe arrives and takes his tools into the house. Joe is led to the room
that contains the leaky pipe under a sink. Joe assesses the problem
and tells Obama, who is standing near the door, that it's an easy
repair that will take less than 10 minutes.

Obama asks Joe how much it will cost.

Joe immediately says, "$9,500."

"$9,500?" Obama asks, stunned. "But you said it's an easy repair!"

"Yes, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more
than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who
makes less than that for free," explains Joe. "It's always been my
philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied government to pass this
philosophy as law, and it did pass earlier this year, so now all
plumbers have to do business this way. It's known as 'Joe's Fair
Plumbing Act of 2008.' Surprised you haven't heard of it, senator."

In spite of that, Obama tells Joe there's no way he's paying that much
for a small plumbing repair, so Joe leaves.

Obama spends the next hour flipping through the phone book looking for
another plumber, but he finds that all other plumbing businesses
listed have gone out of business. Not wanting to pay Joe's price,
Obama does nothing.

The leak under Obama's sink goes unrepaired for the next several days.
A week later the leak is so bad that Obama has had to put a bucket
under the sink. The bucket fills up quickly and has to be emptied
every hour, and there's a risk that the room will flood, so Obama
calls Joe and pleads with him to return.

Joe goes back to Obama's house, looks at the leaky pipe, and says
"Let's see ? this will cost you about $21,000."

"A few days ago you told me it would cost $9,500!" Obama quickly fires back.

Joe explains the reason for the dramatic increase. "Well, because of
the 'Joe's Fair Plumbing Act,' a lot of rich people are learning how
to fix their own plumbing, so there are fewer of you paying for all
the free plumbing I'm doing for the people who make less than
$250,000. As a result, the rate I have to charge my wealthy paying
customers rises every day.

"Not only that, but for some reason the demand for plumbing work from
the group of people who get it for free has skyrocketed, and there's a
long waiting list of those who need repairs. This has put a lot of my
fellow plumbers out of business, and they're not being replaced ?
nobody is going into the plumbing business because they know they
won't make any money. I'm hurting now too ? all thanks to greedy rich
people like you who won't pay their fair share."

Obama tries to straighten out the plumber: "Of course you're hurting,
Joe! Don't you get it? If all the rich people learn how to fix their
own plumbing and you refuse to charge the poorer people for your
services, you'll be broke, and then what will you do?"

Joe immediately replies, "Run for president, apparently."

<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

Related to What worries me about Obama's policies?

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies