• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
Yes, please go find the Obama thread, because I really can't listen/read anymore of the lovefest.

And yes, my family is MUCH better off than we were 8 yrs ago!
DH used to work at Home Depot making no money, now he works in his field that he actually went to school for, making twice as much, we have kick butt insurance and I can actually STAY HOME w/ my daughter! What a concept!

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=305706

Even if I wasn't better off, which I am, I wouldn't expect the government to pay my way. I wish the government would leave my money alone! Stop spending money on programs that are not good for the USA and that I disagree with.

Employers should not be forced by the government to pay for health care for their employees. Yes, its a great perk when you find a job that is able to do that, but small businesses cannot do it. We are already taxed to the hilt and with Obama it is going to get worse. And, I don't like government insurance programs. Here in Oklahoma it is hard to find a pediatrician...and even dentists and family doctors...that will take SoonerCare patients because they are paid pennies on the dollar for what their services are worth and have to wait forever for their money...this cause everyone else to have to pay more. I would rather use my own money to pay my bills, not someone elses.

Not saying how but I did vote so I get to voice my opinion here.
Now that we are here and the election is underway, what is your wish for our country in the future - NO MATTER WHO GETS IN? What are two or three things you really would like to see change?
For me it is easy:
1) Money that is going overseas to support every Tom, Dick and Harry who questions us, mocks us or just down right hates us. Keep our money here where it belongs. We earned it and we need it to help our own. It is the same money they use to buy weapons to use against us. Do we really need to buy their friendship or love? NOPE!
2) The war. I don't know how but I really would love our troops back home. I know there is no way we can totally pull out. I totally agree with McCain on that one. You can't polk a hole in a dam to reconstruct it and then just walk away. But, the majority of our men and women need to be home and safe.
3) And the pipe dream of all pipe dreams! Schools that are the equivalant or better than that of all of our overseas counterparts. We rank 26th in the world. We used to be number one. And I do not think any other country will listen to people who are dumber than they are.
So what would you like to see? Name a state that boarders Mexico. The answers: Canada, Illinois, Florida... Shall I continue? And these were 20 somethings!

LisaDream said:
Is your life REALLY better now than it was when Bill Clinton was president? Really?

Do any of you guys actually listen to the facts? Barack Obama is not going to "nationaize" healthcare. If you have private insurance, you will keep it. But, if you are ever in a situation where you LOSE your insurance or you are self-employed....you will have the option of going onto the same healthcare plan as goverment employees. Which will be much cheaper than buying private insurance. Does that sound like nationalizing healthcare?

One of the reasons that I am afraid of doing PChef full-time is because I will have to pay $1500 a month for health insurance. under Obama's plan, I can elect to pay for the goverment insurance (which I could afford) and quit my job and start my FULL TIME PChef business!
Um, you won't be paying for the government healthcare... me and my husband will be contributing to that, since they are going to tax the top 5% of wage earners...from 28% to 40%...

And there are several companies out there that offer affordable healthcare plans for as low as $50.00 per month and they are really good plans. Blue Cross, Assurant, and others...

chefsteph07 said:
Yes, please go find the Obama thread, because I really can't listen/read anymore of the lovefest.

And yes, my family is MUCH better off than we were 8 yrs ago!
DH used to work at Home Depot making no money, now he works in his field that he actually went to school for, making twice as much, we have kick butt insurance and I can actually STAY HOME w/ my daughter! What a concept!

Amen! Thank you!

pampered1224 said:
Not saying how but I did vote so I get to voice my opinion here.
Now that we are here and the election is underway, what is your wish for our country in the future - NO MATTER WHO GETS IN? What are two or three things you really would like to see change?
For me it is easy:
1) Money that is going overseas to support every Tom, Dick and Harry who questions us, mocks us or just down right hates us. Keep our money here where it belongs. We earned it and we need it to help our own. It is the same money they use to buy weapons to use against us. Do we really need to buy their friendship or love? NOPE!
2) The war. I don't know how but I really would love our troops back home. I know there is no way we can totally pull out. I totally agree with McCain on that one. You can't polk a hole in a dam to reconstruct it and then just walk away. But, the majority of our men and women need to be home and safe.
3) And the pipe dream of all pipe dreams! Schools that are the equivalant or better than that of all of our overseas counterparts. We rank 26th in the world. We used to be number one. And I do not think any other country will listen to people who are dumber than they are.
So what would you like to see? Name a state that boarders Mexico. The answers: Canada, Illinois, Florida... Shall I continue? And these were 20 somethings!

I like your ideas, John. They are very good! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, you won't be paying for the government healthcare... me and my husband will be contributing to that, since they are going to tax the top 5% of wage earners...from 28% to 40%...And there are several companies out there that offer affordable healthcare plans for as low as $50.00 per month and they are really good plans. Blue Cross, Assurant, and others...

This is what I find so funny. Obama disciples want this plan of healthcare because they can afford it...yeah, but at a large cost to someone.

Why should I have to pay for someone else's healthcare plan? I just don't get it....:confused:

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, you won't be paying for the government healthcare... me and my husband will be contributing to that, since they are going to tax the top 5% of wage earners...from 28% to 40%...

And there are several companies out there that offer affordable healthcare plans for as low as $50.00 per month and they are really good plans. Blue Cross, Assurant, and others...

You guys make over $250,000 a year? Really?

ChefBeckyD said:
hmmmm, Someone's spent too much time listening to the MSM.....:D I think maybe you need to find the Love Obama thread.....

We are better off today than we were when Clinton was president. Definitely.

We have better insurance, at a lower cost (SHOCK! I know) and a much more stable income.

Really? Good for you, b/c I'm not. I work two jobs making half of what my husband made 2 years ago and I support the family while hubby tries to make money in sales in a bad economy. I think you're definitely a rare breed, or maybe you just live in an area that is more affordable than ours? But if I lived where you do, I wouldn't be able to have the job I do. Hmm

cathyskitchen said:

Obviously you haven't been following Obama-speak. He's changed that numerous times already. The number keeps dropping.

cathyskitchen said:

His income level has dropped.. last I heard it was $120,000

ChefMary412 said:
His income level has dropped.. last I heard it was $120,000

That's exactly what I last heard too but wasn't going to quote the figure without verifying it again.

cathyskitchen said:
Really? Good for you, b/c I'm not. I work two jobs making half of what my husband made 2 years ago and I support the family while hubby tries to make money in sales in a bad economy. I think you're definitely a rare breed, or maybe you just live in an area that is more affordable than ours? But if I lived where you do, I wouldn't be able to have the job I do. Hmm

What? Do you think that I'm not telling the truth?

And I live in the state (thanks to our Democratic Gov and her cronies) with the worst unemployment, and the worst economic forecast.

We choose to live within our means. We are happy, and don't have to try keep up with the Joneses. We don't have a big house (1100 square feet), so we can afford payments, etc.... We tithe to our church (thats a huge part - because God honors obedience), we don't have a bunch of electronics, or cable, or expensive phones, or ipods...so maybe you think we are poor? I don't know. We are happy...we have a warm house, plenty of food and clothes, and we are satisified with our life. WE are much better off - but maybe it's because we have learned the meaning of contentment.

There was a question posed - are you better off today than under Clintons administration - and I answered honestly.

You just sound unhappy in general, and thats too bad - and I doubt that a change in presidency is going to be a magic golden ticket.

My daughter & I are watching election coverage. I am almost sick to my stomach! The stress is killing me!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
My daughter & I are watching election coverage. I am almost sick to my stomach! The stress is killing me!!

I'm sick too - God help our country.

Not only is this an historical election, it's also a prophetic one....

I'm actually quite calm, but it could because I've eaten three Butterfingers! I know who wins in the end and who is our help and hope.

ChefBeckyD said:
What? Do you think that I'm not telling the truth?

And I live in the state (thanks to our Democratic Gov and her cronies) with the worst unemployment, and the worst economic forecast.

We choose to live within our means. We are happy, and don't have to try keep up with the Joneses. We don't have a big house (1100 square feet), so we can afford payments, etc.... We tithe to our church (thats a huge part - because God honors obedience), we don't have a bunch of electronics, or cable, or expensive phones, or ipods...so maybe you think we are poor? I don't know. We are happy...we have a warm house, plenty of food and clothes, and we are satisified with our life. WE are much better off - but maybe it's because we have learned the meaning of contentment.

There was a question posed - are you better off today than under Clintons administration - and I answered honestly.

You just sound unhappy in general, and thats too bad - and I doubt that a change in presidency is going to be a magic golden ticket.

You don't have to preach to me about how to pinch pennies and live within my means. I've been doing that for years. I personally was much better off when Clinton was president, and I know I will be much better off WHEN Obama is president. Hope you all get over being scared of someone who is just looking out for regular folks like all of us, instead of trying to promote someone who only cares about big business and has no idea how many houses he has!!

ChefBeckyD said:

That's what I keep thinking. I've had a sick feeling in my stomach all election. But know that God is still in control. The Bible doesn't promise good times in the end. But the ultimate end will be worth it!

I just hate to raise my kids in today's society with many of the viewpoints.

ChefBeckyD said:

Yes it is... will someone tell me how they can call Iowa for Obama with only 2% yes, that's TWO percent of the votes in???!!!

janetupnorth said:
Obviously you haven't been following Obama-speak. He's changed that numerous times already. The number keeps dropping.

The number keeps dropping because the economy is going into a downhill spiral faster that you can say "Mortgage Crisis". The average family is going to be making less and less unless something is done quickly!

cathyskitchen said:
You don't have to preach to me about how to pinch pennies and live within my means. I've been doing that for years. I personally was much better off when Clinton was president, and I know I will be much better off WHEN Obama is president. Hope you all get over being scared of someone who is just looking out for regular folks like all of us, instead of trying to promote someone who only cares about big business and has no idea how many houses he has!!

Ok, enough Cathy, give it up. Your guy won...be happy but please quit being so condescending.

We are not scared! We are voting like half of the United States is! Sorry, but popular vote is pretty close!

cathyskitchen said:
The number keeps dropping because the economy is going into a downhill spiral faster that you can say "Mortgage Crisis". The average family is going to be making less and less unless something is done quickly!

Funny, gas prices are spiraling down but the rest isn't.

We wouldn't have a mortgage crisis if people didn't live beyond their means.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, enough Cathy, give it up. Your guy won...be happy but please quit being so condescending.

We are not scared! We are voting like half of the United States is! Sorry, but popular vote is pretty close!

I'll stop when you stop, Janet. You'll never give up your side, so I'll never give up mine. You've taken over the hateful talk on this board long enough, and I don't know if it will ever recover. And, yes, I'm glad my guy is winning, the right guy. I hope you all see it clearly some day. That's my prayer for you.

Oh, and you can tell your "popular vote" line to Al Gore and see what he says!

Why is owning a lot of houses a bad thing? I'm always confused with that whining. Yes, I'm a 3 house owner wannabe. One on Lake MI, one on the Gulf of Mexico in FL, and one in, oh, maybe the Hamptons? But then, I'd enjoy a few more, too. Whatever. But, I'm content to be "poor" and don't want the government "helping" me out with programs.

janetupnorth said:

We are not scared! We are voting like half of the United States is! Sorry, but popular vote is pretty close![/QUOTE]

cathyskitchen said:
I'll stop when you stop, Janet. You'll never give up your side, so I'll never give up mine. You've taken over the hateful talk on this board long enough, and I don't know if it will ever recover. And, yes, I'm glad my guy is winning, the right guy. I hope you all see it clearly some day. That's my prayer for you.

That was even a lower blow Cathy. You are the ONLY one I have addressed directly because I have seen you attack person after person after person who isn't on your side.

This board is good overall, and it doesn't need recovery from me. Go look back on all your posts! Personal attacks starting from day #1 and against Greg of all people! I have only stepped back in to defend you criticizing people like Becky, JAE and others personally who have discussed things VERY logically and level headed.

I'm sorry, but I will never "see it clearly someday" politically. I do not believe Obama is right for the country. It may be the means to the end as the world will go, but I don't have to like it one bit. I value my freedom much more than that and will still vote and fight for it.

Even as of a few minutes ago, I had long forgiven your attacks on people, but you started stirring it up again.

Go celebrate your victory on the other thread in peace, but quit attacking the opposing viewpoint.

cathyskitchen said:

Janet has never been hateful....although I can't say the same for you...

We aren't scared - just thinking and seeing clearly.

And, to take it a little further (although I doubt you will understand the meaning when I say that this is a prophetic election...) there may be a time of prosperity, but it will be short-lived. Then, you will see clearly...and I sincerely hope and pray that it won't be too late.

cathyskitchen said:
the right guy.

How in the world is someone who doesn't even like our constitution "the right guy"? I'll never understand that! But I would love it if someone would try to explain it.

JAE said:
Why is owning a lot of houses a bad thing? I'm always confused with that whining. Yes, I'm a 3 house owner wannabe. One on Lake MI, one on the Gulf of Mexico in FL, and one in, oh, maybe the Hamptons? But then, I'd enjoy a few more, too. Whatever. But, I'm content to be "poor" and don't want the government "helping" me out with programs.

You are so funny! Sure wish we could go shopping tomorrow...

cathyskitchen said:

You are truly being a hateful person. You may think your guy is the right guy but that is YOUR opinion. He may be right for YOUR values and morals, but he's NOT right for mine. There is no need for you to be so rude but I guess we should get used to it, as there will be many rude people speaking out in the next 4 years.

Stampaholic1961 said:
How in the world is someone who doesn't even like our constitution "the right guy"? I'll never understand that! But I would love it if someone would try to explain it.

Sorry, there is no logical explanation for that question. Logic has not been a part of this election.

I really just think eating will make me happy as long as I can wallow in my sorrow with someone else who is wallowing. I guess I'll listen to my conservative talk shows and research the sewing maching I'm going to buy. I'm going to learn to hem my own pants and emroider, too. What do you think? Once I learn to sew well, I'll charge and take cash only to supplement what will be lacking from my income because companies won't be able to afford to pay my dh to do work for them.

ChefBeckyD said:
Janet has never been hateful....although I can't say the same for you...

We aren't scared - just thinking and seeing clearly.

And, to take it a little further (although I doubt you will understand the meaning when I say that this is a prophetic election...) there may be a time of prosperity, but it will be short-lived. Then, you will see clearly...and I sincerely hope and pray that it won't be too late.

Becky...

So today as I was praying for this election again- and for America this really, really deep peace came over me, and I heard in my spirit the following: "It will be alright, I am your shelter, your strong tower, your provider, your strength and your wings. I will provide for you, protect you and look after you. I will continue to prosper you, this is needed for eyes to be opened and for the spirit of deceit to be revealed...everything will be alright"

So the entire day I've been at peace with the fact that if Sen Obama wins that things will be alright. Now I don't mean alright in the sense that we pretty much know what will happen... All conservative talk radio will be silenced, guns will be outlawed, taxes will go up, cost of energy and fuel will go up, jobs will be lost as Obama bankrupts the energy producing businesses in our country like coal, and natural gas, pastors won't be able to preach the full bible, because if they do- it'll be considered hate speech, and many will suffer consequences and potentially jail or fines...and the list goes on. What I mean by alright is that God will protect and shelter us from the majority of this stuff.

Those that truly seek Him, and go deep with him will be alright. I'm not saying we won't go through some persecution, or even tough times, but think big picture here-

This isn't the end for America- there is a revival among God's people before the second coming, and that hasn't happened yet--- I believe this will be the catalyst for said revival- and granted he's more radical than President Carter was, we survived Carter, we'll survive Obama- maybe barely, but God is watching over us, and protecting us, and this will bring us so much closer to Him- and we'll need to fully rely more on Him and repent for thinking that maybe we didn't need Him or His blessings on this country as much as we thought...

I'm tired and am starting to ramble...my whole point is that I'm at peace. I know God is in control and He does allow his children to be "broken" for a time in order to get the point- clearly we needed Him to get our attention, because I think He has it now, don't you? :)

Last edited:
JAE said:
I really just think eating will make me happy as long as I can wallow in my sorrow with someone else who is wallowing. I guess I'll listen to my conservative talk shows and research the sewing maching I'm going to buy. I'm going to learn to hem my own pants and emroider, too. What do you think? Once I learn to sew well, I'll charge and take cash only to supplement what will be lacking from my income because companies won't be able to afford to pay my dh to do work for them.

I'll buy your clothes JAE or send mine for repair. I have a sewing machine my parents bought me, but since 8th grade when I made this really complex pair of pleating shorts and got an "A", I've reverted to buttons only and not so straight lines! I think I can still make a pillow! :rolleyes:

My work too will probably be cutting back. As a privately owned mid-sized company, they are considered "rich" people and cannot afford the "plans".

chefruthie said:
You are truly being a hateful person. You may think your guy is the right guy but that is YOUR opinion. He may be right for YOUR values and morals, but he's NOT right for mine. There is no need for you to be so rude but I guess we should get used to it, as there will be many rude people speaking out in the next 4 years.

You may type slow...but you say what needs to be said!:D:thumbup:

That is so true. He is completely devoid of the morals that I hold most dear.

chefruthie said:
Sorry, there is no logical explanation for that question. Logic has not been a part of this election.

Nope- just emotion! We could all take a lesson from Spock on Star Trek! :)

JAE said:

Um, you won't have conservative talk radio anymore! The Fairness doctrine will be passed and it will be over!

chefruthie said:

Thank-you Ruthie... I was trying to find the best way to reply to the angry and attacking posts, but I just couldn't come up with the right words...

Kitchen Diva, more than ever I hope he has our attention. The stem cell proposal is passing in our state. I really wasn't anticipating that one. Marijuana prop is passing, too. I don't care quite as much about that one, but I voted "no".

JAE said:
Kitchen Diva, more than ever I hope he has our attention. The stem cell proposal is passing in our state. I really wasn't anticipating that one. Marijuana prop is passing, too. I don't care quite as much about that one, but I voted "no".

I told DH that both would pass - having seen the commercials that played on peoples emotions...."look me in the eye and tell me that my daughter isn't worth helping..." What a crock.

JAE said:

JAE- I think He's gotten our attention, too. But like I said, I'm at peace and it's going to be okay- not okay for everyone...and I cannot explain what I mean by that...

Kitchen Diva said:
Um, you won't have conservative talk radio anymore! The Fairness doctrine will be passed and it will be over!
Well, I was replying to Becky's post, but didn't check the box. I meant tomorrow, I'll listen to my conservative talk radio shows. I'm going to start saving money to give to all conservative platforms and I think I'll start doing fundraising, too. I've got about 6 hours a day, five days a week during the school year. Grassroots, baby.

Kitchen Diva said:
JAE- I think He's gotten our attention, too. But like I said, I'm at peace and it's going to be okay- not okay for everyone...and I cannot explain what I mean by that...

Oh we know Kacey, no need to elaborate!

Kitchen Diva said:
Becky...

So today as I was praying for this election again- and for America this really, really deep peace came over me, and I heard in my spirit the following: "It will be alright, I am your shelter, your strong tower, your provider, your strength and your wings. I will provide for you, protect you and look after you. I will continue to prosper you, this is needed for eyes to be opened and for the spirit of deceit to be revealed...everything will be alright"

So the entire day I've been at peace with the fact that if Sen Obama wins that things will be alright. Now I don't mean alright in the sense that we pretty much know what will happen... All conservative talk radio will be silenced, guns will be outlaws, taxes will go up, cost of energy and fuel will go up, jobs will be lost as Obama bankrupts the energy producing businesses in our country like coal, and natural gas, pastors won't be able to preach the full bible, because if they do- it'll be considered hate speech, and many will suffer consequences and potentially jail or fines...and the list goes on. What I mean by alright is that God will protect and shelter us from the majority of this stuff.

Those that truly seek Him, and go deep with him will be alright. I'm not saying we won't go through some persecution, or even tough times, but think big picture here-

This isn't the end for America- there is a revival among God's people before the second coming, and that hasn't happened yet--- I believe this will be the catalyst for said revival- and granted he's more radical than President Carter was, we survived Carter, we'll survive Obama- maybe barely, but God is watching over us, and protecting us, and this will bring us so much closer to Him- and we'll need to fully rely more on Him and repent for thinking that maybe we didn't need Him or His blessings on this country as much as we thought...

I'm tired and am starting to ramble...my whole point is that I'm at peace. I know God is in control and He does allow his children to be "broken" for a time in order to get the point- clearly we needed Him to get our attention, because I think He has it now, don't you? :)

Thanks Kacey - and what you are saying is not only beautiful, but true.

janetupnorth said:
Oh we know Kacey, no need to elaborate!

Yep - we are on the same page there....it's hard though, because as much as I want to share, I know it is falling on deaf ears.

JAE said:
Well, I was replying to Becky's post, but didn't check the box. I meant tomorrow, I'll listen to my conservative talk radio shows. I'm going to start saving money to give to all conservative platforms and I think I'll start doing fundraising, too. I've got about 6 hours a day, five days a week during the school year. Grassroots, baby.

I'll join, but only if I can keep my firearms and bring my pitchfork! :) And yes, I may even buy a pair of bib-overalls! ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Thank-you Ruthie... I was trying to find the best way to reply to the angry and attacking posts, but I just couldn't come up with the right words...

Your'e welcome Kacey. I have typed so many responses and have canceled them out because I couldn't get my words out correctly. I am sick and at the same time at peace for as my Pastor said on Sunday...no matter what...God is on His throne and He is in control.

Last edited:
<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies