• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
Kitchen Diva said:
I'll join, but only if I can keep my firearms and bring my pitchfork! :) And yes, I may even buy a pair of bib-overalls! ;)

But you'll have to buy them from JAE!:D She'll custom design them for you!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep - we are on the same page there....it's hard though, because as much as I want to share, I know it is falling on deaf ears.

You can share all you want... I enjoy your sharing! And, I always learn something, even if it's from someone who has similar view points...

Kitchen Diva said:
I'll join, but only if I can keep my firearms and bring my pitchfork! :) And yes, I may even buy a pair of bib-overalls! ;)
Firearms will be fine, but good luck getting bullets for them. ;)
Did you know you can't buy a handgun without a "cooling off" period, but you can walk out with a high powered rifle that same day?Odd...(Not that I've bought a gun recently...have to pay my mortgage!)

ChefBeckyD said:

Can they have pitchforks on them? Little rhinestone pitchforks! When I storm the castle gates, it's gonna be with a pitchfork!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
You can share all you want... I enjoy your sharing! And, I always learn something, even if it's from someone who has similar view points...

Yeah, but that would be preaching to the choir....:D

chefruthie said:
Your'e welcome Kacey. I have typed so many responses and have canceled them out because I couldn't get my words out correctly. I am sick and at the same time at peace for as my Pastor said on Sunday...no matter what...God is on His throne and He is in control.

Amen, and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter for we are just passing through on our way to Heaven! :)

janetupnorth said:
Did you know you can't buy a handgun without a "cooling off" period, but you can walk out with a high powered rifle that same day?

Odd...

(Not that I've bought a gun recently...have to pay my mortgage!)

DH is stocking up tomorrow! :) :thumbup:;)

ChefBeckyD said:

I used to have a pair that I got on clearance at the GAP in college, I really miss those...they were SOOOO comfy!

janetupnorth said:
Did you know you can't buy a handgun without a "cooling off" period, but you can walk out with a high powered rifle that same day?

Odd...

(Not that I've bought a gun recently...have to pay my mortgage!)

I heard an Obmam supporter on the news the other day saying that she can't wait until he's elected because she won't have to pay her mortgage, or put gas in her car... I'm like SERIOUSLY? Man, I knew that people have a tendency to believe they heard what they really wanted to hear, but I had no idea he was going to fill our gas tanks and pay our mortgages for us. Oh, wait...that would be me again... in the top 5% of income earners! OOoops, silly me- DUH!

janetupnorth said:
I used to have a pair that I got on clearance at the GAP in college, I really miss those...they were SOOOO comfy!

When I wasn't as fluffy as I am now, I had a pair of Guess Bibs! LOVED THEM!!! And I don't mind sharing that they gave me a nice toosh, either! Yup...we're talking N V S! ;) (that's "envious" for those that don't speak ebonics) :cool:

Okay, for the record, I'll be hemming pants, not making new pants. I'll be embroidering designs, but I'm not into rhinestones unless it will make me some big money. CASH ONLY BTW! I've never owned a gun, nor have we ever had one in our home. I think the whole idea of hunting is gross, but I'm not against the right to do it. Just so you know.

Kitchen Diva said:
I heard an Obmam supporter on the news the other day saying that she can't wait until he's elected because she won't have to pay her mortgage, or put gas in her car... I'm like SERIOUSLY? Man, I knew that people have a tendency to believe they heard what they really wanted to hear, but I had no idea he was going to fill our gas tanks and pay our mortgages for us. Oh, wait...that would be me again... in the top 5% of income earners! OOoops, silly me- DUH!

You missed the rest. Didn't you hear the debates? He is also providing broadband access to me and weather-proofing my home and many other things.
Oh, but I'm probably disqualified too, not because I'm rich, but because I'm hard working. So therefore I would be ineligible.

But never fear, I have a survival plan. Quit my job in January, have the government pay my mortgage, bail out my credit cards, take over my 401k, provide healthcare for my children, give me a tax rebate when I don't pay taxes. Now I just need to have a ton of children out of wedlock, move back to the city and my plan in complete! :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, but that would be preaching to the choir....:D

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo.... I was in choir!!!

JAE said:
Okay, for the record, I'll be hemming pants, not making new pants. I'll be embroidering designs, but I'm not into rhinestones unless it will make me some big money. CASH ONLY BTW! I've never owned a gun, nor have we ever had one in our home. I think the whole idea of hunting is gross, but I'm not against the right to do it. Just so you know.

Oh, we don't hunt- :)

JAE said:

Well, maybe you could just find some little pitchfork shapped buttons to sew at the hem of my "stormin' the castle gates" capri's!

Oh, funny hijack. DD came home with a button today that said, "Sammie for President". (All the kids got them today but the kids were electing her for President at AWANA tonight.) She looked at me tonight and said, "You're over 35, right mom?" I said, "Yes". She said, "Yeah, then you can be the next President." I had to tell her that Mom wouldn't EVER think of that! She was quite disappointed...

janetupnorth said:
Oh, funny hijack. DD came home with a button today that said, "Sammie for President". (All the kids got them today but the kids were electing her for President at AWANA tonight.) She looked at me tonight and said, "You're over 35, right mom?" I said, "Yes". She said, "Yeah, then you can be the next President." I had to tell her that Mom wouldn't EVER think of that! She was quite disappointed...

You'd have my vote!

janetupnorth said:
You missed the rest. Didn't you hear the debates? He is also providing broadband access to me and weather-proofing my home and many other things.
Oh, but I'm probably disqualified too, not because I'm rich, but because I'm hard working. So therefore I would be ineligible.

But never fear, I have a survival plan. Quit my job in January, have the government pay my mortgage, bail out my credit cards, take over my 401k, provide healthcare for my children, give me a tax rebate when I don't pay taxes. Now I just need to have a ton of children out of wedlock, move back to the city and my plan in complete! :rolleyes:

Good plan! Let me know what Steve thinks about that whole children out of wedlock thing! :) LOL...

janetupnorth said:

Okay, wait...I read this after I said I'd vote for you. Now, let me rethink that vote...

Because how could you be president with all of those kids?:eek:

Kitchen Diva said:
Good plan! Let me know what Steve thinks about that whole children out of wedlock thing! :) LOL...

He laughed at the first part and knows I'd NEVER do the latter so my survival plan will fail...

Oh well, the work goes on I guess!

Back to topic, McCain is giving a very honorable speech, as always.

I have to post this here because if I post it on the thread it's supposed to be on, that wouldn't be nice...

and GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

I guess it's all over but the crying. McCain just conceded the race. I can't hardly see the computer monitor because of my tears.

Yes, it's so sad to watch some of the sad faces in the audience. I'm drowning my sorrows in another Butterfinger.:cry:

chefruthie said:
i Have To Post This Here Because If I Post It On The Thread It's Supposed To Be On, That Wouldn't Be Nice...

And Good Riddance!!!

Sorry, Just Had To Get That Out Of My System.

Lol! :D :D :D

chefruthie said:
I have to post this here because if I post it on the thread it's supposed to be on, that wouldn't be nice...

and GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

DITTO and DITTO!!!!

It was actually very cleansing ;) My way of blessing and releasing. :D:D

<hijack - since I know you'll read it here>
Good night Becky! You have a long day ahead! Get to bed! I'm headed there REALLY soon too! Good luck on that show!
<end hijack>:)

I'll call you tomorrow morning Becky. You know me...I talk way better then I type!
What's the earliest I can call?

One thing we have to think about is the senate and house have to pass the things the president wants. So lets now hope for a republican house and Senate.

Jennie4PC said:
One thing we have to think about is the senate and house have to pass the things the president wants. So lets now hope for a republican house and Senate.

It's not looking good for that. The Democrats will have full control it looks like. There will be no one to blame but themselves is the only thing I can find comfort in.

Jennie4PC said:

Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen either.

chefruthie said:
I'll call you tomorrow morning Becky. You know me...I talk way better then I type!
What's the earliest I can call?

I'll be up and about early....but Rick leaves at 7:30, so it's easier for me to talk then.
I also have to get Micah ready and take him to school at 9:15....and run some errands - call me on my cell!

I was trying to pay attention but between putting kids down and calling a few of my hosts I didnt see who was going in. Man I am bummed.

janetupnorth said:
<hijack - since I know you'll read it here>
Good night Becky! You have a long day ahead! Get to bed! I'm headed there REALLY soon too! Good luck on that show!
<end hijack>

:)

Good night! Busy day tomorrow, so I'm actually relieved they called it early - don't have to stay up til the wee hours.:rolleyes:

chefruthie said:

and GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

I just figured out what you were talking about!!! LOL!! (yes, I'm a little slow!!)

Stampaholic1961 said:
Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen either.

No it isn't... DH said "Welcome back to 1974!"

Stampaholic1961 said:
I just figured out what you were talking about!!! LOL!! (yes, I'm a little slow!!)

It's okay to be a little slow but at least you figured out for yourself. You didn't have to have someone do it for you, or think for you. That's why you're on this thread!! ;)

Well I guess that classifies me as slow because I don't understand it...

cathyskitchen said:
I'll stop when you stop, Janet. You'll never give up your side, so I'll never give up mine. You've taken over the hateful talk on this board long enough, and I don't know if it will ever recover. And, yes, I'm glad my guy is winning, the right guy. I hope you all see it clearly some day. That's my prayer for you.

Oh, and you can tell your "popular vote" line to Al Gore and see what he says!

Cathy..nasty nasty nasty!! Look at your own posts.. you have continually stirred the pot like a few others.. Janet has been informative and insightful. I don't see it as giving up a side except for the line you draw...You seem to be in the hateful mood.. just telling it like I see it.

It has bothered me all night that they have said Obama won when each state clearly showed 2%, 6%, 20%, etc. of votes in. there are still a lot of votes out there that haven't been counted. I guess I just don't get the whole process.

My local Christian radio station was airing a program and the speaker said...at least we don't have Hillary, and we don't have Bubba sitting in the White House with too much time on his hands. I was in the middle of drinking a Dr. Pepper and nearly spit it all over DH pick-up. My DH said during the primarys that Hillary would be easier to beat.

Kacey...your earlier post was so true. My church is pentecostal...and I know that is "out there" for some people. But, we had a prophetic message that said we would be in for a rough time, but if we keep our eyes on God that he would see us through and protect us, and even bless us during that rough time. We are clearly living in the "end times". All you have to do is turn on the news and you see it clearly.

I don't really believe that God is in control. I know as a Christian that sounds crazy. But, if God was in control the world would have no hurting. What I believe is that God knows the stupid choices humans are going to make and he allows us to make them and suffer the consequences. He allows us full freedom. He knows what we are going to do and what he is going to need to do to help us through. And, sometimes we have to suffer the consquences. He loves us and doesn't want us to hurt, but he gives us free will. People blame everything on God, but he doesn't do anything to us. He allows things to happen. He never walks away from us...we choose to walk away from Him.

That being said, He is going to see us through this. And yes, we survived President Carter and we survived President Clinton, I think we will survive President Obama. Perhaps this is the wake-up call America needs to get back on track and bring revival to our nation...Lord knows we need it. We need to begin to pray harder for our soldiers because I think its about to get ugly for them. And we need to pray for God to place a hedge around us and our loved ones.

I luv you girls. Good night. I've had enough politics for today.

pcchefjane: I was completely confused for a minute there, then pieced it all together. You have to read another one of the threads and then come back to this one and re-read it to get it. Got it?! ;)ETA: I guess I was a little late at posting, because the last couple posts explain it a bit more.

Shawnna said:
It has bothered me all night that they have said Obama won when each state clearly showed 2%, 6%, 20%, etc. of votes in. there are still a lot of votes out there that haven't been counted. I guess I just don't get the whole process.

My local Christian radio station was airing a program and the speaker said...at least we don't have Hillary, and we don't have Bubba sitting in the White House with too much time on his hands. I was in the middle of drinking a Dr. Pepper and nearly spit it all over DH pick-up. My DH said during the primarys that Hillary would be easier to beat.

Kacey...your earlier post was so true. My church is pentecostal...and I know that is "out there" for some people. But, we had a prophetic message that said we would be in for a rough time, but if we keep our eyes on God that he would see us through and protect us, and even bless us during that rough time. We are clearly living in the "end times". All you have to do is turn on the news and you see it clearly.

I don't really believe that God is in control. I know as a Christian that sounds crazy. But, if God was in control the world would have no hurting. What I believe is that God knows the stupid choices humans are going to make and he allows us to make them and suffer the consequences. He allows us full freedom. He knows what we are going to do and what he is going to need to do to help us through. And, sometimes we have to suffer the consquences. He loves us and doesn't want us to hurt, but he gives us free will. People blame everything on God, but he doesn't do anything to us. He allows things to happen. He never walks away from us...we choose to walk away from Him.

That being said, He is going to see us through this. And yes, we survived President Carter and we survived President Clinton, I think we will survive President Obama. Perhaps this is the wake-up call America needs to get back on track and bring revival to our nation...Lord knows we need it. We need to begin to pray harder for our soldiers because I think its about to get ugly for them. And we need to pray for God to place a hedge around us and our loved ones.

This is so true.

This verse is appropriate here....Obama can't save this country, but God can.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New Living Translation)

14 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

"That being said, He is going to see us through this. And yes, we survived President Carter and we survived President Clinton, I think we will survive President Obama." But will we survive another terrorist attack with Obama in charge?

Last edited:
"That being said, He is going to see us through this. And yes, we survived President Carter and we survived President Clinton, I think we will survive President Obama."

Yeah, but will we survive another terrorist attack with Obama in charge? God help us!

Shawnna said:

Yes, I've believed for a short time now- it came to me about a week ago or so- at least the realization that it was going to happen vs just a hunch- that Obama would win... And it is because of what I stated in my earlier post...that the spirit of deceit needed to be revealed.

I agree, it will be tough, but those that truly keep their eyes on Jesus and make Him Lord of their lives, or already have Him as Lord of their life- will be protected through this- He will see us through.

Blessings to you all, I'm going to bed. Blessings!

Last edited:
Debrachef said:
"That being said, He is going to see us through this. And yes, we survived President Carter and we survived President Clinton, I think we will survive President Obama." But will we survive another terrorist attack with Obama in charge?

Boy is that a great question that I hope and pray we will never have to answer.

Debrachef said:

Hmmm, that's a good question. But if Obama makes us equal to all the other 2nd and 3rd world countries out there, we will no longer be a threat or an envy, so the attacks will not happen-

I think we should start a "What I like about Obama" thread in 2 years and see if anyone says the same things that they are saying in the current Obama mania thread?

Kitchen Diva said:
I think we should start a "What I like about Obama" thread in 2 years and see if anyone says the same things that they are saying in the current Obama mania thread?

As long as we don't relive the accusations that come up it will be kind of funny...

Kitchen Diva said:
Hmmm, that's a good question. But if Obama makes us equal to all the other 2nd and 3rd world countries out there, we will no longer be a threat or an envy, so the attacks will not happen-

He'll just "negotiate" his way out of the attacks I bet.

Did he just say "The Government can't fix everything" in his speech?? I'm sorry, that is NOT what he has been saying this whole campaign.
It's only just begun...

chefruthie said:
It's okay to be a little slow but at least you figured out for yourself. You didn't have to have someone do it for you, or think for you. That's why you're on this thread!! ;)

Thanks for this post! It made me smile! It's the first time I've smiled all night!

Kitchen Diva said:

The attacks have nothing to do with envy. Bin Laden called for a "Holy War", against us and any other country who does accept their beliefs. We are "infidels" in their eyes.

That's all I will say.

"YES WE CAN".
And we must.
Everyone who believed that McCain could win, take a deep breath and calm down. Personally I hated the fact that McCain took blame for his loosing. I do not believe it was his fault in anyway shape or form. I believe it was the prior governments fault. I live in Wisconsin. WISCONSIN, PEOPLE! Country bumpkins and red necks galore. We are so disillusioned by the current government we turned BLUE holding our breath for the Republican Government to change things. Over 4000 farms collapsed over the last 6 years because gas prices, insurance costs and taxes escalated so high, they could not afford to do anything. We have hit official recession limits. That means over a 35% increase in unemployment.
And no, I personally am not doing better in the last 8 years either. I work for a company who started out at having 21 branches all over the US last year. We just closed 5. we lost 52 employees, we are closing about 4 more and losing about 35 more people. We lost 17 of 100 in the home office alone. Our insurance coverage costs us - for a single person $210 a month and over $500 for family coverage, up from the $55 I was paying 8 years ago and the $125 families were paying 8 years ago. My deductibles, and my meds are still the same, have gone from being $75 a month to over $167. I am paying out over $5500 a year in taxes and when I looked at my 2000 return, I was only paying out $2475. (Sorry I should qualify this with the numbers in the columns on the THIS IS WHAT YOU OWE column on the tax forms booklets which I bet most of you have never seen since you are doing better and have someone do your taxes) So no, I am not doing better now than I was 8 years ago. I spent a week in the hospital in 1999. It cost me about $1200 out of pocket. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital 3 years ago. I paid out over $8000 out of pocket. If anything it should have been about $2400. Tell me how this is better? And if any of you are making more than, what was that new number? $120,000 a year. I wanna be adopted. I work my butt off and make about $42,000. AFTER TAXES. I gross over $53,000. I AM GETTING TAXED OVER $10,000 a year. And guess what, I still make out another check to Uncle George to cover the shortage because God knows we need to spend $18 billion a month in Iraq! THIS THANKS TO GEORGE W. BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS! and *#&$ ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SO ISOLATED THAT YOU THINK EVERYONE IS DOING FINE LIKE YOU ARE! Do not dare compare my life to yours. We all different, we all have different things going on in our lives. So if you think that my scrimping to make the mortgage, pay for the meds I need, working two jobs and countless hours of taking care of someone because we apparently should be able to hire someone to do it for me based on YOUR DOING FINE thing, well all I gotta say is (*#&$(*@&*#&*@&*$&@*#$@**!!!! And I hate it when someone pushes their beliefs on me when my ideas are my ideas. I think abortion is a good thing. I would like to think it is not but I can't help picturing young women getting their insides ripped out with coat hangers in the back rooms of Chinese laundries! Yeah, they did that when it was illegal or are you all that brainwashed that you do not remember that. And I totally believe what I said in an earlier post, if you are going to believe in non-abortion policy, then you pay to raise those children. I don't wanna be taxed to do so. If it is deemed illegal because of you, THEN TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY WITH IT! And that is total BS that adoption and abortion do not go hand in hand. Yes they do. What do you plan to do with these unwanted children? Throw them in the street to fend for themselves or better yet, we'll build orphanages! Yeah, we can sever them scraps since you all want to keep them alive but God forbid you do not take care of them. If you expect to keep these children alive, then someone has to raise them. And MY MORAL BELIEF IS THAT ABORTION IS WRONG! But I can't afford to take the responsibility of a YEAH vote against abortion. So Obama is in, McCain is out and thank you God it is over. Now get over it. I suggest a trip to all of you people who think everything is all better now. Look into the lives of people around you. I think what you are gonna find is a lot of people you know who are on the brink of financial disaster but are to proud to tell anyone. I think you will find a lot of people you don't know who are starving, living on the streets who are according to you, should be doing better now. Look at life outside YOURS. Maybe you will see things the way they really are. Diverse. All over the boards and not so good in many places but yeah, better in some. Stop living in your world, thinking of yourselves and think everyone else is living in the same place you are and get a life!

Last edited:
<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies