• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Fabric, Merrill's Clothing

In summary, the shirt from Merrill might shrink in the wash, but if it doesn't, the wearer might keep it. The pants from Christopher & Banks also shrank after one wear, and the customer was mad.
babywings76
Gold Member
Today's silly question brought to you by Amanda--The indecisive girl who just has to get others' opinions. :D

I just bought a bunch of logo wear from Merrill. For the most part, I'm really happy (wait till I wash them, though...) I'm wondering if I should exchange one of them for a smaller size. Does anyone have the new shirt that is light blue with a white built-in cami section in the V-neck area? I think it's pretty big, but I'm not sure if it's going to shrink in the wash. It's made of 60% Pima cotton, 34% Polyester, and 6% Lycra. What do you think? If it will shrink, I might keep it. But if not, I think I better exchange it.

if it's from Merrill it will shrink.. Not a fan of their stuff..

Merrill isn't the only one to have shrinkage problems. ;)Okay, so here's my vent for today:
You know, I wish ALL manufacturers would prewash their fabric. It is one of the reasons I hate to shop. Especially since I've got some weight on me that I need to hide. I'll shop at a plus size store and get some shirts that fit great and do a decent job at complimenting my very flawed figure, only to have them shrink and then be too short to cover my tummy area. It's the way clothing companies get us. We buy it, wear it once, it shrinks, we have to buy something else. I have a closet full of shirts that *should* fit me, yet they don't. All after resulting in one or two wearings. I wash things in cold water and try to remember to hang them to dry. But when my mom or DH try to help me and put my stuff in the dryer, forget it, it's ruined. Or there's times where I'm in a hurry and I forget that I had shirts in the load. Plus, then when you hang it to dry, it's all wrinkled and I absolutely hate to iron. And sometimes when I've ironed things, they still look wrinkled. (Unless I use steam, which then: water + heat = shrinkage! and I might as well have put it in the dryer!!)Okay, vent over...

babywings76 said:
Merrill isn't the only one to have shrinkage problems. ;)

Okay, so here's my vent for today:
You know, I wish ALL manufacturers would prewash their fabric. It is one of the reasons I hate to shop. Especially since I've got some weight on me that I need to hide. I'll shop at a plus size store and get some shirts that fit great and do a decent job at complimenting my very flawed figure, only to have them shrink and then be too short to cover my tummy area. It's the way clothing companies get us. We buy it, wear it once, it shrinks, we have to buy something else. I have a closet full of shirts that *should* fit me, yet they don't. All after resulting in one or two wearings. I wash things in cold water and try to remember to hang them to dry. But when my mom or DH try to help me and put my stuff in the dryer, forget it, it's ruined. Or there's times where I'm in a hurry and I forget that I had shirts in the load. Plus, then when you hang it to dry, it's all wrinkled and I absolutely hate to iron. And sometimes when I've ironed things, they still look wrinkled. (Unless I use steam, which then: water + heat = shrinkage! and I might as well have put it in the dryer!!)

Okay, vent over...

AMEN!!! I feel your pain sister!
I bought a bunch of shirts at Macy's this spring...was tickled to death! Followed the instructions- which didn't require "line dry"- but Tumble Dry was OK. They also shrunk in length and my tummy isn't as covered as it was when I bought the shirt. And here I thought Macy's was "high-end". Got some capri pants at Christopher & Banks too....wore them ONE TIME and the inside-legs got all pitted! These weren't cheap pants either! I was so mad. These mall-stores are no better than WAL-MART!

vent away ladies...

and Amanda, we all have flawed bodies.. :) some have more dents and dings than others.

Thanks Terry, I do need the reminder. It's just so hard to look in the mirror when I think back to how I used to be so fit and healthy looking before 4 kids. It's just so depressing to go shopping when you feel lousy about how you look. And it's frustrating when you get up the nerve to do it, only to get depressed and mad that your purchases were poorly made. Soooo..anyone know for sure if Pima Cotton/polyester/lycra will still shrink? If it was just the cotton I'd say yes. But with this blend I don't know. I just don't want to wash it and it NOT shrink and then it's still too big to wear. Yet, I don't want to exchange it for the next size down and have it be too small if it does shrink.

Try shopping at Kohl's, if you have one in your area. You can return things after washing and wearing without a receipt, if you need to.

Jennifer E said:
Try shopping at Kohl's, if you have one in your area. You can return things after washing and wearing without a receipt, if you need to.

WOW! Thats GREAT to know!!

Now back to Amanda....

I wash ALL my PC ( Merrill) tops on gentle cycle inside out, take them out immediately give them a good shake & hang them up! NEVER a dryer....HTH :D I know the top you're talking about, I saw it at Conference & I thought it looked nice in the smaller sizes, but I figured I would need it too big & it would lose its look.

I have that shirt and bought it at conference so I was able to try it on, I asked the lady who worked there if it shrunk she said it probably wouldn't shrink much and she was right, it didn't. I love that shirt though, it's so nice and comfy!

Okay, I know I'm a guy but I'm gonna chime in on this.Amanda, I feel your pain with having some weight to hide and knowing that shirts *should* fit, but they don't. I solved my problem..I bought a spanx! (Welcome to Spanx.com the Official Site of Spanx by Sara Blakely). They've been around for women for a while and they recently introduced a men's undershirt and omg I am not ashamed to say that it is the best thing I've ever worn. It's incredibly comfortable and my clothes don't stick to it. They're expensive but totally worth it. When I wear mine, all those shirts that *should* fit, actually do! I feel and look great in it. It sucks everything in that should be sucked in, my clothes fit better, and it just feels like I have on a tshirt underneath. It's made me more confident, too.I ain't afraid to say it -- I wear a man-girdle!I swear I should get a referral bonus for them because I've sold 3 to friends since I got mine two weeks ago.

1. What types of fabric are used in Merrill's clothing?

Merrill's clothing uses a variety of high-quality fabrics, including cotton, linen, silk, and wool. Each piece is carefully crafted with fabrics that are both comfortable and durable.

2. How do I care for my Merrill's clothing?

The care instructions for each piece of Merrill's clothing may vary, so it's important to check the label before washing. In general, most items can be machine washed on a gentle cycle and hung to dry. Avoid using bleach or harsh chemicals.

3. Does Merrill's clothing come in plus sizes?

Yes, Merrill's offers a range of sizes to accommodate different body types. Please check the size chart on our website to find the best fit for you.

4. Are there any special features in Merrill's clothing for added comfort?

Yes, many of our clothing items have features such as stretchy waistbands, adjustable straps, and breathable fabrics to ensure maximum comfort for the wearer.

5. Can I return or exchange my Merrill's clothing?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee policy that allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days of purchase. Please refer to our website for more details on our return process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Chef Kearns