• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill Product Reviews - Honest Opinions from Real Customers

In summary, the customer service experience was not great with either of the two shirts I ordered from Merrill. The fit was either too tight or too big, and the font on the stamps was not very big or legible.
abigailhutch
I would like to take this time to start a thread for everyone to be able to write reviews - good & bad - on Merrill products! It's hard to buy stuff online that you haven't seen or touched before. I thought it would be great to start a thread for just that purpose!

I have had one heck of a day!
A few weeks ago I purchased the 3/4 Sleeve Crossover V-Neck PC Logowear shirt from Merrill - thought it would really dress up my shows and make me look official! The shirt was $32.50 plus 6.95 shipping....
Now, I don't consider myself fat...yes I am a little overweight, but I ordered the XL just to be safe - didn't want a tight wraparound shirt....just a nice black dressy PC shirt.....well much to my disappointment the shirt came in so snug and short that it didn't even touch my belt buckle! I am 5'7....okay I am kind of tall for a girl - but come on now, I am not that tall!
I called Merrill to see about exchanging it and they said since it is "while supplies last" they can't take returns/exchanges on it....

Very disappointing :(

Well - ready for round 2 -
I figured I would try again and ordered the Johnny Collar Polo - being cautious w/ my last mess up I ordered this shirt in XXL - and let me tell you - this shirt is HUGE! I mean it swallows me! This one is definitely long enough - it covers up my entire behind!!!! Its just way too big....so once again I call Merrill to see about exchanging it - and guess what.....same stupid story about it being "while supplies last"

HELLO!!!! IF THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON YOUR WEBSITE - WHY WOULD YOU NOT LET ME EXCHANGE IT FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE????
I just don't get it.

So I wrote Merrill an email telling them I was disappointed w/their service or lack there of....not like it will help, but hey I tried....
so PS: if you are looking for either of these shirts - I have them listed for sale in the marketplace! (I'll even save you a little money vs Merrill!)

Anyways - if there is a shirt/jacket or whatever you are wondering about the fit - post it here, I bet someone already owns it and can give you their opinion!

Have a fantastic day Cheffers!!!!!

Abigail,

Did you check the size charts on Merrill? I ordered two of the cross-over tops using my size according to their chart for that item and was satisfied (XL). I'm about 5'9" and it was plenty long. Just a thought.
Marci

I am wondering if mine was just not made quite right....One side is longer than the other???
But guess what - Merrill just emailed me back and said I have to pay return freight, but they will give me a credit for the shirts! I am so glad I took the time to email them!

You may have got a bad customer service rep, I've never heard of them not returning an item just because it's while supplies last.One big benefit of going to conference in July is that you can actually try on the shirts. They do have a dressing room but I usually just pull one over my head because there's only two rooms.

I bought a shirt from them last spring. It was a short sleeve red shirt with Silver foil logo across the front. It fit when I purchased it, but after I washed it, it shrunk up, was too short, and looked really cheap. I think I paid about $25 for it, and was very disappointed in it.

I had a great experience with them when I bought a bunch of shirts and a jacket. I ended up not liking the fit of one or two of them and was able to return them for a refund. The others I needed an exchange for a different size and they did that with no hassle. I was very happy with the service.I do want to give my opinion on the stamps. I have the one with the logo on the top and my info below it. I don't have my address on it, just my name, phone, e-mail, and PWS. But I was a little disappointed with the size of it. The font is just so small. When it ran out of ink, I just decided to go to Office Max and get a new stamp made. I figure I don't care if it has the logo on it, because it's usually going on something that already has our official one. Now my new one has a nice size font and things look much better.

I miss AIM! Came across the receipt from when I bought the sleeveless polo shirt years ago. Sure wish we had them back. I've had good and bad experiences with Merrill. I don't wear a lot of t-shirts, but they make great sleepshirts or house dresses. LOL!

babywings76 said:
I do want to give my opinion on the stamps. I have the one with the logo on the top and my info below it. I don't have my address on it, just my name, phone, e-mail, and PWS. But I was a little disappointed with the size of it. The font is just so small. When it ran out of ink, I just decided to go to Office Max and get a new stamp made. I figure I don't care if it has the logo on it, because it's usually going on something that already has our official one. Now my new one has a nice size font and things look much better.

I did not even think about just getting one without the logo. That is a great idea b/c I don't like the size of the font either. Mine also started to run out of ink, and it is impossible to read.

I'm not a fan of Merrill.. Selection for guys sucks and I've never had good customer service. I've even asked to talk to the person that does their purchasing, was told he don't talk to customers, told them to leave him a note from me then.. Since that time, the number of colored t-shirts dropped from 4 colors to 3.. but they did add 2 shirt types for guys.. but the price is high.

I am not a huge fan of Merrill. I find that their logo wear does not fit my body and I hate paying so much to wait weeks for items to be delivered. That said I was very fond of them for a few days after they delivered a few shirts that I ordered years (yes, years) ago and sent me an extra one free of charge. But I am still waiting on the item that led to the discovery of my missing products from 2007. I wish we had another choice instead of giving them the monopoly.

I have the brown ultrasuede jacket (though I don't believe it's available anymore) and I literally wear it every day. The size fits well, and it's held up great since I got it at conference 2 years ago.

I also have a baseball cap, the fit on that is adjustable, of course.

I have a purple 3/4-sleeve collared shirt, which I feel fits well. It is made of stretchy material and I was able to wear it while pregnant, too.

I also have the red t-shirt with the foil. The foil has faded greatly, and the shirt did fit very short.

For the most part, I think I've gotten lucky in the fit for what I've ordered. I try to go by the sizing chart for the particular item that I'm ordering, since Merrill does use several different manufacturers.

I just ordered a name badge, a plain tee and teh ribbons tote...They all came in different envelopes on different days. The name badge is great, the tee looks good (haven't taken it out of the pack yet) and the tote - no so much! It had 2 holes in the bottom. Not too happy about that! now I have to call on Monday to get a new one.

I have 3 yoga sets...the first one I bought at conference, sz. xsmall bottome, small top. I ordered one for Christmas that same year had to return it and get sz small bottom and med top...the third one is small/small...they all fit exactly the same. I wear them all the time. I love them. But, you never know if there size is going to be correct. Last year I bought a hoodie at conference. I normally wear a small, but had to get a medium...and it did shrink so I probably would have been happier with a large. I don't know if they get their items from several manufacturers or what, but they really should work on getting consistant sizing.

I've never had problems with sizing, but it sounds like I'm lucky. I have a sweatshirt, a v-neck short sleeve top, and a really cute short winter jacket. I debated buying hte jacket since it's white, and I was right- I have to wash it a lot since my makeup comes off on the collar, it's just the way the collar stands up on it. BUT - it has held up really well from repeated washings.

I think in the future if something doesn't fit, I will compare measurements on the XL size, and if it doesn't fit, insist they return it on their dime. It really sounds like they have a manufacturing problem with the wrong size labels getting sewn into the garments, don't you think? If it doesn't match their sizing chart, it's their mistake.

They need to bring back the Dots jammies.

I love wearing logo wear. I have a tshirt (well I did, has a stain now) and a button down. Bought them XXL because I'm kindof in between. They are XXL. But I have gotten sales from having them on. I need more. I bought iron on transfers and was going to print my but when I enlarged the logo that we can use it was very blurry. Guess I need to check on here for logo as some of you are real whizes at that stuff!

I bought a red and brown same size cross over shirt brown fits, red way to small.
same with e tshirts I purshcased.
font on printed materiels, (stamps. business cards, etc. ) way to small.
\

I, too, have had a lot of issues with their shirts shrinking UP.

At conference last year I purchased a pink short sleeve v-neck soft waffle pattern type top (breathable material). Thought it would be very cool in the summer. It looks so bad I threw it out! Everything gets caught on it and snags. Looks very unprofessional. I know I paid a good amount of money for it too :(

I have also had a lot of zippers pull apart from the material on totes too.

I like to wear logo wear at my shows instead of the apron because I get really warm when I wear the apron. I think I am just going to get v-neck short sleeve t-shirts and wear the apron. When I am out and about I'll wear my name tag and still carry a tote.

I am done purchasing clothing from them!

Merrill is consistently inconsistent on their sizing. I am a size 6-8 and had to exchange the yoga jacket and pants to a Large! Some shirts I wear medium, some shirts small - it's a crap shoot with them.

I recently purchased a Tote with the PC logo and was very disappointed in the quality. It was very cheaply made but I needed a bag to carry and advertise my business. Needless to say it is falling apart already after only a few weeks use. The straps are tearing and I only carry my wallet, biz cards and a few brochures at a time. I had a terrible experience when ordering my logo wear as well. It really stinks that a company with such a wonderful reputation works with a company that has such low grade merchandise. :mad:

Got the new limited picnic blanket and like it. Also got star stress balls and the water bottle and they are all nice. I never order shirts b/c the sizes vary too much. Wait and try them on @ conference.

Stress balls? Sounds fun, but I can't find them on Merrill's website. Is it a director-only thing?

ShellBeach said:
Stress balls? Sounds fun, but I can't find them on Merrill's website. Is it a director-only thing?

Could be. Your Dir. could order them for you. Think you had to order in multiples.

Well, being caught up in the whole Conference momentum, I went and ordered the green conference t-shirt as most of our team attendees were doing. Looking back last night at the number of unwearable Merrill shirts I have, I decided to call this morning and cancel my order. HA!! Was told there would be a $25.00 cancellation fee.....Imagine - a $25.00 cancellation fee for an unpersonalized shirt....guess I Will just get it and return it - wonder what they charge for returns.:yuck:

babywings76 said:
I had a great experience with them when I bought a bunch of shirts and a jacket. I ended up not liking the fit of one or two of them and was able to return them for a refund. The others I needed an exchange for a different size and they did that with no hassle. I was very happy with the service.

I do want to give my opinion on the stamps. I have the one with the logo on the top and my info below it. I don't have my address on it, just my name, phone, e-mail, and PWS. But I was a little disappointed with the size of it. The font is just so small. When it ran out of ink, I just decided to go to Office Max and get a new stamp made. I figure I don't care if it has the logo on it, because it's usually going on something that already has our official one. Now my new one has a nice size font and things look much better.

I agree with you Amanda. I got the same stamp as you and also was disappointed with the size, the info is just way too small.

I'm looking at the various new items on Merrill. Some cute stuff. (I hate how THIN so many of the new shirts are though- what I saw at Conference anyway. I like to wear ONE shirt, not have to wear an undershirt just to be decent.)But it's a bit irritating on how many of the new shirts say "Product runs small", and then they say they charge you an extra $2 for anything larger than an XL! Ok..if it FIT like an XL, I'd understand the larger sizes, but an XL ISN'T an XL...and just how small it "small"? Do you get one size larger, or two? :grumpy:Those of you who bought the new shirts at Conference, how much larger did you have to go from your "normal" size?

I just looked through the Merrill catalog today and was very disappointed. Some cute things, but they are for skinny people. Wish they'd realize that not everyone is a small or medium. I like the grey one, but the sleeves are so tiny, my fat arms would look terrible. And the neckline isn't flattering for someone big busted. :blushing: I like the sporty 3/4 sleeve shirt, but it has a pouch in the front which won't look good when you have a tummy...it'll just be adding bulge.

Merrill hasn't figured out that we're pampered CHEFS and WE LIKE TO EAT. I am on the small size of plus sizes and I was one of the smaller girls at conference! They really should look at the size of the people in the crowd and offer clothes to accomodate.

Email them these kind of things - they need to know!

esavvymom said:
....But it's a bit irritating on how many of the new shirts say "Product runs small", and then they say they charge you an extra $2 for anything larger than an XL! Ok..if it FIT like an XL, I'd understand the larger sizes, but an XL ISN'T an XL...and just how small it "small"? Do you get one size larger, or two? :grumpy:

Those of you who bought the new shirts at Conference, how much larger did you have to go from your "normal" size?

If you are talking about the grey s/s with the squin logo....it runs VERY small! I usually wear a medium in Merrill shirts and I got a XL in this one....and to be honest, it's still a little snugger on me that I like :eek: I don't like my clothes to fit tight and kinda wish I had bought this one in a 2XL...crazy!

pamperedlinda said:
If you are talking about the grey s/s with the squin logo....it runs VERY small! I usually wear a medium in Merrill shirts and I got a XL in this one....and to be honest, it's still a little snugger on me that I like :eek: I don't like my clothes to fit tight and kinda wish I had bought this one in a 2XL...crazy!

Wow! From a medium to needing a 2XL on that shirt design?! That's absolutely nuts!! Guess I was right that it wouldn't be a good shirt for me....starting at a size 1X, I'd have no chance of finding the right size. :(

See...if a product was THAT off from true sizes, they shouldn't be on the shelf to begin with. That's poor customer service!Did you know that on the CC page for the Home Office Email Contacts- one of the options is "Licensed Merchandise Vendor Comments". THAT is where you submit comments like that. Certainly things about these new shirts "running small" and they KNOW about it, then HOW small they run, to charge you extra to get the TRUE size...stuff like that, plus the return issues folks have had (not to mention product quality). Let HO know- or keep letting them know.
CC-> Home Office Contacts -> Email the Pampered Chef -> last option is Licensed Merchandise Vendor
I'd buy more if I thought I was getting my money's worth!
Thanks for the feedback on those shirts. I'll wait. I'd be one who would likely have to get the plus sizes, since I normally go for L or XL.

Aynot said:
I agree with you Amanda. I got the same stamp as you and also was disappointed with the size, the info is just way too small.

So glad to see your posts Tonya and Amanda. I need a new stamp. My current one is from Office Depot, and I was debating on getting one with the logo from Merrill. Actually, the price in the new Merrill catalog made my decision for me! I agree about not needing the logo too!

pamperedlinda said:

Makes me feel a little better.....I bought this one in a 2XL and thought it fit like a medium..........waste of my money unless PC wants me to go around advertising looking like a sausage!!!!!!!!!!!!

thepartylady said:
Makes me feel a little better.....I bought this one in a 2XL and thought it fit like a medium..........waste of my money unless PC wants me to go around advertising looking like a sausage!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed! I tried getting it wet and stretching it....didn't work too well.

Wow glad I read this thread! Kinda sucks though what other options are there for logo wear? Can we make our own shirts??

kianewPCC said:
Wow glad I read this thread! Kinda sucks though what other options are there for logo wear? Can we make our own shirts??

Yes, you can. Some consultants have mentioned making iron-ons with their computer and special paper. If you own an embroidery machine, I can send you the old logo (no taqgline, "discover the chef in you" on it" and the "Chef" is below "The Pampered") so you can make your own, you cannot give it to an embroidery shop though to make things for you. That is a violation of trademark agreements.

Attachments

• PC Embroidery Logo.jpg
    PC Embroidery Logo.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 561
I got several shirts at conference that I love. The 3/4 lime green with PC on the arm, both of the black ones with blingy PC on front, and the coral color one with blingy PC on front. I wear a large and got large and they all fit great! But everyone else is right, I would have had to get a 3X in the gray one. Love the shirt but the fit was terrible!!!

I'm considering splurging on a couple of shirts...but before I order, I wanted to check with you guys on if they run true-to-size and if they are really THIN.
I would typically wear an XL for tighter fit shirts or L for loose-fit shirts.Here is what I'm considering:
714107400.jpg
714110700.jpg

Am I nuts? I know stuff runs small, but I was just looking at the measurements they posted for the new HWC shirt. I pulled out a tape measure, measured my bust and came out with 50 inches. (I'm not a little girl.) I went back to the chart and saw that a 4X bust size is 23 1/4 inches. I measured that on my tape measure and it just barely fits around my head. SERIOUSLY?! If you are that small, good for you. But I think even my 13 year old sister would be hard-pressed to squeeze into a 4X if those are truly the measurements.

Ok - there must be something I don't know. If the unit of measurement is not inches, what is the scale. Because the largest bust size I've seen is 28 on any of these shirts. Someone clue me in.

maybe you should call and ask them, because that just doesn't sound right, and I now that their shirts DO get larger than that. ;) I have XL shirts that fit like an XL. (T-shirts)

lt1jane said:
Yes, you can. Some consultants have mentioned making iron-ons with their computer and special paper. If you own an embroidery machine, I can send you the old logo (no taqgline, "discover the chef in you" on it" and the "Chef" is below "The Pampered") so you can make your own, you cannot give it to an embroidery shop though to make things for you. That is a violation of trademark agreements.

I embroider for my business so i would love this for me since im a new demo! I can make my own shirts! :)T. My email is [email protected] ty!

ChefNelson said:
Ok - there must be something I don't know. If the unit of measurement is not inches, what is the scale. Because the largest bust size I've seen is 28 on any of these shirts. Someone clue me in.

Sounds like European sizing. I wonder of somehow you are on Canada's site? Someone else recently said they got qualification pins that said $1500 instead of the $1250 the US consultants need to qualify...

BethCooks4U said:
Sounds like European sizing. I wonder of somehow you are on Canada's site? Someone else recently said they got qualification pins that said $1500 instead of the $1250 the US consultants need to qualify...

I looked at the site last night after reading this post, and it was the US site, as far as I know. I got to it via my usual CC link. But I saw the same measurements. The smallest was a 16 something bust up to a 23 something. Hahah. NOT.

I'm not sure 23 would even be a half of a bust!

I was looking at the HWC unisex tshirt size chart, and a 4x is "30" bust, a large is "22". Maybe that other HWC shirt is one of thse skinny-mini shirts that "rounded girls" like me should never wear! Looking at other shirt size charts, they vary, but some are clearly "skinny shirts" unfortunately.

Well, then, I think Merrill has some funky things going on at their website. If I were planning on ordering anything like that from them I would call their CS and let them know what it says. They may not realize this.

1. What is the 3/4 Sleeve Crossover V-Neck PC Logowear shirt from Merrill?

The 3/4 Sleeve Crossover V-Neck PC Logowear shirt is a dressy black shirt sold by Merrill for $32.50 plus shipping. It is designed to make Pampered Chef consultants look official at their shows.

2. What size should I order for the 3/4 Sleeve Crossover V-Neck PC Logowear shirt?

It is recommended to order one size up from your usual size to ensure a comfortable fit. However, some customers have reported that even ordering a larger size still resulted in a snug and short fit.

3. Can I return or exchange the 3/4 Sleeve Crossover V-Neck PC Logowear shirt if it doesn't fit?

Unfortunately, Merrill does not accept returns or exchanges for this shirt as it is "while supplies last". This can be frustrating for customers who are not satisfied with the fit.

4. What is the Johnny Collar Polo from Merrill?

The Johnny Collar Polo is a black shirt sold by Merrill that is designed to be dressy and long enough to cover the behind. It is available in sizes up to XXL.

5. Can I exchange the Johnny Collar Polo if it is too big?

According to Merrill's policy, exchanges are not allowed for this item as it is "while supplies last". Customers have reported that even ordering a larger size still resulted in a very oversized fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • chefinbiz
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • chefheidi2003