• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thin, Bleeding Polo from Merrill: Have You Experienced This?

In summary, Sarah was disappointed with the thinness of her polo shirt that she bought from Merrill, and when she washed it, the letters on the shirt bled. She called Merrill and they were happy to replace the shirt. However, when she got the replacement shirt, the letters also bled. Sarah is considering getting a shirt made with her name, Independent Consultant, and a kitchen tool, like a whisk.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Ok so when I was at conference I bought a polo from Merrill. When I got it home I realized how thin it was. I was disappointed by that but I figured oh well. Well when I washed it the letters blead onto the shirt so now I think that it just looks sloppy. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did did they give you any problems about replacing it??

I have the same polo, but mine didn't bleed. I would certanly call and have them exchange it.

I bought the Black 1 at Conference. I've washed it a few times, but no problem with bleeding. What color did you get & yes I would return it......

I got the light blue one with the dark blue letters. I called them today and the lady told me to wash it again and if it doesn't clear it up I am supposed to call again and they will replace it.

I bought a white XL polo at Conference and it shrunk to a size small. I called Merrill and they were happy to replace it. But the second one I got has the same issues. I washed it in cold water too. :mad: Has anybody else had this problem? I did let HO know that I have not been too happy with their line of clothes.

The thing that irritates me is that there is a place in my town that I can get a polo made for the same price that is a nicer shirt and I have never had problems with there letters bleeding. I have two shirts from them for our church praise band and I would love to have them make me one but I knwo that that is against the rules.

I know the feeling....I like to see clothing before I buy it. I also have a place in my town that does shirts...What exactly are the rules for shirts I know no trademark stuff...but I have been thinking about getting a shirt made with my name,Independent Consultant ( would this be ok) and a little cookin' emblem of some sort. I guess as long as it doesn't say TPC on it or any logo on it ....it should be fine right?

I am not sure exactly at this moment, I have read them before I just know that I can't do what I would like to do.

Sarah, you've got it - no TPC, no logo, no tagline. But if you want to put your name, the words "Independent Consultant" and a little kitchen tool, that's OK.

Thanks Ann! I just might come up with something creative!!! If I do I will post a picture! What about a chef hat Not the PC chef hat but a different one? Would that be ok/

That would be OK. And any tools can't be specifically identifiable as ours. But a generic version would be OK (like a whisk).

1. What could be causing my polo from Merrill to thin and bleed?

There are a few possible reasons for your polo to thin and bleed. One common cause is using harsh detergents or bleach when washing your polo. Another possibility is washing it in hot water or drying it on a high heat setting. Both of these can cause the fabric to break down and bleed. It could also be a sign of poor quality fabric.

2. Can I prevent my polo from thinning and bleeding?

Yes, there are steps you can take to prevent your polo from thinning and bleeding. First, make sure to read the care instructions on the tag and follow them carefully. Avoid using harsh detergents or bleach and opt for a gentle detergent made for delicate fabrics. Wash your polo in cold water and air dry or use a low heat setting when drying. It's also important to invest in high-quality polos that are less likely to thin and bleed.

3. Is there a way to fix a thin, bleeding polo?

If your polo has already thinned and bled, unfortunately there is no way to reverse the damage. However, you can try using color-safe bleach or a color-protecting laundry additive to help minimize the bleeding. It's also a good idea to wash the polo separately from other items to prevent further bleeding.

4. How can I tell if a polo is high quality and less likely to thin and bleed?

When shopping for polos, pay attention to the fabric composition. High-quality polos are typically made from 100% cotton or a cotton blend with a small percentage of synthetic fibers. Look for polos with a tighter weave, as this can also indicate higher quality. It's also helpful to read reviews from other customers to see if they have experienced any issues with thinning and bleeding.

5. Are there any special care instructions for polos from Merrill?

We always recommend following the care instructions on the tag of your polo. In general, polos from Merrill should be washed in cold water and air dried or dried on a low heat setting. Avoid using harsh detergents or bleach, as this can cause the fabric to thin and bleed. It's also a good idea to wash your polo separately from other items to prevent any potential bleeding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefCat
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pix1114