• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Do This When Submitting Orders?

I have never had a problem with putting orders all together in P3. I have never put orders together at the show. I have never had a customer call for a warranty issue and not have their order recorded.
clshirk
Just curious how many of you put all orders on one order to save on shipping when submitting in P3? I realized over the last 2 nights when I called in about warranty info that the solution center girls were checking either the hostesses orders or what seemed like a lump of every one else's orders. As if it didn't matter what the customer's name was- as long as the item could be found on the order somewhere... It just sounded to me like the consultants had been doing that...and of course I"m guilty of doing it myself from time to time, but I didn't know if it was just commonplace for everyone to submit that way or not.

I don't use P3, but I don't lump orders together unless I have a couple of orders I'm adding to a show. It's just too difficult to work out the warranty issues if too many people are on one receipt.

I rarely do it. I've done it when friends/family/coworkers have asked to do it, even when I explain the warranty. Other than when they ask to do it, I think I have only done it a handful of times.

I don't do this and it seems a bit unfair to PC. $4 is pretty cheap for shipping so to lump it all together for only $4 shipping could cause PC to raise shipping costs.

I only do it if someone is order one thing. Like if someone is ordering a $4.00 item I may add it to someone elses order so that a person's order does not double for a $4.00 item. (hope this makes sense)

I do the same thing. I had a customer that only wanted the 1.25 quick-cut paring knife. I told her there would be $4 shipping and she should add it to someone else's order. She did, but I try to make sure that if I do suggest this it is for something small.

I also don't want to make PC raise their shipping rates.

Has each guest already paid the $4 or are you putting the orders together at the show and telling them? I'm not accusing... just clarifying... and I couldn't think of how to ask it so I am just asking...If they paid it, then I feel like you would need to put it in their name... just my thinking on it.

That's pretty much my theory, Wendy and Karen. When I mentioned adding a few outside orders of my own, I do that to save them on the direct shipping costs. Those orders I have sent to my home for convenience sake. If someone comes up at a show ordering less than $10, I usually ask if they know someone well enough to piggyback on their order. They can divide the shipping cost in whatever way seems fair.

The issue I find with this is that I don't get enough bags when the order comes in if I lump them all together! I do it sometimes, or if it was a small order, or something got screwed up on an outside order.

True about the bags. I think I lumped 2 orders together once and was a bag short when sending them out. I thought that was kinda funny.

Usually I do just lump together small orders since I hate adding $4 shipping for something around $10 or less or if someone just buys one item. Usually what I've done in the past is been more liberal to lump together outside orders and not orders at the show. Of course some guests ask to lump theirs together and I could obviously care less.

I do know that when it comes to the warranty part- you can put them all separately in P3 then print reciepts, then go in and lump a few together so that the ones you told you'd save their shipping you do, but don't compromise them getting their own warranty sheet with just their order on it.

Another instance has been when someone was out of town and needed direct shipping- so I offer them regular $4 shipping and lump 2 orders together somewhere else in the order to not lose out.

clshirk said:
I do know that when it comes to the warranty part- you can put them all separately in P3 then print reciepts, then go in and lump a few together so that the ones you told you'd save their shipping you do, but don't compromise them getting their own warranty sheet with just their order on it.

Actually, you do compromise the warranty b/c even though that customer has the receipt, when they call the Solution Center for a warranty issue there will be no record of their order.

Not only that, but if they need to send it back WITH a receipt, they won't have one. If people ask to do this, I let them know that they will have a hard time with the warranty. After that, it is usually easy to figure out if they are cheap or limited on funds.

Ok- thanks for the input. I was just beginning to think that it was common the way the solution center girls sounded like they were going through the orders when I was calling about warranties on items. I've had 3 items this week that hosts or guests have needed replaced from shows from last year and I had such an easy time with all 3. I was amazed. And I had heard from another consultant that it was ok to put them together- I was just starting to wonder if a lot of people did it. Like I said above, I have done it for a few things here and there, but not to put an entire order on 1 order or something- I did want the warranty clarification since someone told me that it wouldn't void it- plus the easy experience with the solution center of late without reciepts at all.

I think the bigger problem is that PC has calculated the amount they need to collect for shipping on the each order. If we aren't charging shipping correctly we will force them to continue to raise our shipping costs. I know there are always those $10 orders, and I don't have a problem combining those. But I would not encourage it.

It doesn't void the warranty on the product. It just makes it difficult for that person to process a return if the HO doesn't have any record of their order. (Susie puts her product on Mary's order. Two years later Susie needs to replace a broken stone. The HO has no record that Susie ever purchased a stone.)

I won't do that. If I lumped orders together I would have no way to clearly know who bought what when I need to make CC calls. Plus I feel itis ripping off PC. You KNOW our company has GOT to lose $ on shipping - whne a guest orders 3 stones and only pays $4 shipping, who do you think eats that cost? PC. So I am NOT going to rip off our company further by lumping orders together - no way.

I don't do that often, but on occasion I will if it is a small order and/or several friends want something. I tell them if there is a problem I will have to take care of the return. I have copies of the receipts and the info in my computer and I can do that. But I wouldn't do that at a show. I know that guest sometimes do that...they will write both names on the receipt or sisters or mother/daughter will combine and then they have a receipt and know what to do.

I honestly don't think HO keeps a customer record base. Can you imagine how many people would be in their system. I personally think they see the same thing we see when we make an online adjustment...a list of all the products from that show.

actually with P3 I think they do keep a record of the guests at each show.

raebates said:
It doesn't void the warranty on the product. It just makes it difficult for that person to process a return if the HO doesn't have any record of their order. (Susie puts her product on Mary's order. Two years later Susie needs to replace a broken stone. The HO has no record that Susie ever purchased a stone.)
This is true but what if it's not put together and Mary buys Susie a present, it's not going to show that Susie bought it but yet it's hers and it shouldn't be Mary's problem to deal with, she bought a present for her Susie and that's that. So there is a discrepency there, if we are going to be promoting gift giving!
I don't clump them together unless it's a quickcut paring knife or citrus peeler or a 3.75 spice. That's ridiculous and PC is not loosing anything when we do that. I had a friend from church the other day order the garlic rub and she didn't want to buy it when shipping was 4.00 and I don't blame her because I wouldn't buy it either then! I told her to add it to her Mother's order who bought 60.00 worth of products. To me, IMHO, that's providing good customer care, cause I would want someone to go out of their way to keep me happy!
Now if it was a heavy item or even something that goes over $5.00, I tell them that they should buy it seperately and I point out what it would cost through everywhere else, (on line purchases and other direct selling companies to name a few, they all charge a lot more than us, at least most of them do) I also let them know that it cost PC money to ship items and that it's not right to expect PC to loose money because shipping prices have got to be outrageous right now for big companies.
Most people understand when you spend some time politely covering the subject with them.:)

Last edited:
Shawnna said:
I honestly don't think HO keeps a customer record base. Can you imagine how many people would be in their system. I personally think they see the same thing we see when we make an online adjustment...a list of all the products from that show.

See- that's what I was thinking after I dealt with the warranties. They either were scanning through the hostesses order or the guest's orders it seemed when I would call- so, honestly I don't think it matters a lot. From what I can tell, when I called as the consultant, they just needed to find the show info meaning that the person needs to find the consultant or hostess and date of show. Then they find the item we're wanting to replace. I don't know if they treat non-consultants the same as consultants when we call, but i tjust seemed way easy. Plus, for the one item, the girl said that if I didn't have a reciept, to just send the reference number info she gave me over the phone.

dannyzmom said:
I won't do that. If I lumped orders together I would have no way to clearly know who bought what when I need to make CC calls. Plus I feel itis ripping off PC. You KNOW our company has GOT to lose $ on shipping - whne a guest orders 3 stones and only pays $4 shipping, who do you think eats that cost? PC. So I am NOT going to rip off our company further by lumping orders together - no way.
I totally agree Carolyn! That practice will result in higher shipping charges. Creative Memories just started charging 7% shipping on their orders. I don't want to have to charge a % on large orders! Sure, the $10 guest would get a break but the people that make the shows and our paychecks will likely buy less with the extra charge.

If a guest comes up to me with a $4 order I ask if they are sure that is all they want because shipping is $4. If they say no, that's all, I leave it alone and let them pay (they were aware and it was their choice). If they are appalled they will usually go to someone and add their item to that order. I have had hosts come up to me and say that someone just wanted a small item so they put it together. I cannot control what someone else does (like guests who combine their orders at the party). If an outside order is just $0.75 - $5 or $6 I suggest to the host that I hate to charge shipping on such an order and she will usually combine. Those are the only times I combine.

Pampered Chef is VERY generous and we need to realize, as Carolyn said, that the shipping to host often is actually more than $4 and PC eats it!

dannyzmom said:

I wasn't going to go there, but I agree with you as well.

I don't combine orders (my guests might do it -- but if they do, they are simply presenting me with an order). I don't encourage it and will mention to anyone combining and order that they may have a harder time with a warrenty issue (just so they are aware of it). It has usually only been within close people (a mom and daughter may place the order together). I had an outside order where the office put everything on one order.

I don't use P3, but HO still has a database of my guests' orders, by guest name.

BethCooks4U said:
I totally agree Carolyn! That practice will result in higher shipping charges. Creative Memories just started charging 7% shipping on their orders. I don't want to have to charge a % on large orders! Sure, the $10 guest would get a break but the people that make the shows and our paychecks will likely buy less with the extra charge.

If a guest comes up to me with a $4 order I ask if they are sure that is all they want because shipping is $4. If they say no, that's all, I leave it alone and let them pay (they were aware and it was their choice). If they are appalled they will usually go to someone and add their item to that order. I have had hosts come up to me and say that someone just wanted a small item so they put it together. I cannot control what someone else does (like guests who combine their orders at the party). If an outside order is just $0.75 - $5 or $6 I suggest to the host that I hate to charge shipping on such an order and she will usually combine. Those are the only times I combine.

Pampered Chef is VERY generous and we need to realize, as Carolyn said, that the shipping to host often is actually more than $4 and PC eats it!

Not to mention with the ne wUSPS shipping rates I imagine our rates are destinesd to go up yet again...

1. How do I submit my orders to Pampered Chef?

To submit your orders to Pampered Chef, you can either do it online through your consultant website or through the mobile app. Simply log in to your account, select "Submit Orders," and follow the prompts to enter your customer's information and order details.

2. Can I submit multiple orders at once?

Yes, you can submit multiple orders at once by adding them to your cart before checking out. This is a great option if you have several customers who placed orders at the same time.

3. What should I do if I made a mistake on an order I already submitted?

If you made a mistake on an order, you can contact our Customer Care team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (1-888-687-2433) and they can help you make any necessary changes or cancellations.

4. How long do I have to submit my orders?

You have until 11:59 PM (CT) on the last day of the month to submit your orders. If you miss this deadline, your orders will be automatically submitted for you and you will receive a confirmation email.

5. Can I add or remove items from an order after I have submitted it?

Once an order has been submitted, it cannot be edited or changed. If you need to add or remove items, you will need to contact our Customer Care team for assistance. Keep in mind that any changes may affect the shipping and delivery time of your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • chesse
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Halle-Doodle