• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Is Merrill Sending My Business Cards to the Wrong Person?

In summary, the woman who received the wrong order called the person who ordered it, and the person who ordered it received the wrong order. The person who ordered the tote, HWC tote, and HWC ball cap received the super starter instead. The order for the business cards, stamp, and name tag was also in the wrong package. Merrill is sending the woman's order instead of the original order.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
:(

I ordered a tote, the HWC tote, and the HWC ball cap. In this same order was an order for the super starter...business cards, stamp, and name tag. I have been wondering and wondering when I will get my stuff. I get a call from someone in MN who says she opened her package from Merrill- she is a CM consultant- and in her package were MY business cards, stamp, and I assume name tag, instead of hers.

Merrill does not know this woman has called me. They told her to throw my cards out and they are sending hers. She called me...number on my card, and said, I will send you these in the mail, might as well not waste them. I thanked her.

I get a random email from Merrill saying a new order # has been opened. I would have had NO idea what this was about except this nice lady called me.

Then, yesterday I get a box from Merrill. Hoping it is my BC that I can take to my show. No, it is the merchandise. BUT the HWC tote is NOT in the box, even though the packing slip says it is. They hand wrote that the BC are being reprinted and will be shipped later. Again, had the woman not called me, I would have NO idea what is going on. In addition, it makes no mention as to how long I should have to wait.

I guess maybe this is more sensitive to me, cause I worked in the same industry before staying home with my daughter. This type of mistake, and this awful of customer service would completely NOT be accepted.

Has anyone else had these type of problems with them?

There are lots of problems posted on CS. I had a quality issue with clothing and sent it back for a full refund. I won't be ordering any clothes from them. I'll wait until conference and try things on there first. Also, not happy with my stamp. It seems to be gray rather than black, like it's running out of ink already. I just started last April, and it's been this way for at least half the time. I won't order anything else from there if I don't absolutely have to get something.

They took a lil' longer to get me my order then I expected but other then that no. I'm sure they are just really busy this time of year with all of the orders going in for HWC, they'll get it together. :D

I've never been impressed with Merrill, and I think their prices are outrageous!! I do typically order things when I'm at conference (they tend to have a small discount there), but otherwise, they don't get my business!

I've had issues with them in the past and their quality of clothing.My name tag and cards I've gotten before were great though, and a few other people have loved their cards.I agree though, the really aren't the best out there and not the happiest that they are our "only" choice for many items. I just don't purchase then...helps my budget!!!!

I don't order from Merrill, except for what I can see and touch at Conference. Like JAE, I only buy clothing I have actually tried on - and I don't buy ANY office/business supplies from them. (and not have to pay their outrageous shipping!)

The sizes of there items from one style of top to another are not consistent, the quality of clothing is very poor compared to what I got from the other company and then it took them 5 months to collect payment from my Visa. In canada we have very little choice of products. All in all I will not be ordering from them again.
Lorna

On a good note: Since she's mailing you the originals you'll get twice as much for the same cost.

I have had mixed feelings about Merrill too but I have to say that if you have a problem they are good about fixing it. I got a sign and it was bent so they said toss it and will send another. They sent the yard stake instead. They said keep it and sent me the correct sign. How better could they have handled that? - Well, besides getting it right the first time - lol. They are trying to make us happy with them. ...now if they would just lower their prices.

I'm sure they told her to toss because by the time they paid to get your stuff back and then resent it they could reprint and send to you for less and quicker. You didn't need to know what happened, in fact it was good of them to tell you they were delayed. When they first started handling PC consultants deliveries took forever and I have to say lately they have been quite speedy.

Last edited:
I hope all of you are sending HO emails with your dissatisfaction with Merrill...Unless we unindate HO with complaints...nothing will happen. I've sent complaints with not only what all of you have stated, but also that we have no choices. One vendor, that's it. I've told HO they can jack the prices because they know we're stuck. I've also stated "HO advocated "choices" except when it comes to vendors we can purchase from."

I do like the business cards I got from them.
I don't care for anything else they offer, too expensive for my budget plus the quality doesn't seem to be there.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't order from Merrill, except for what I can see and touch at Conference. Like JAE, I only buy clothing I have actually tried on - and I don't buy ANY office/business supplies from them. (and not have to pay their outrageous shipping!)

yeahthat.gif

When I called Merrill the other day, they said that they HWC tote was on back order and it will be shipped out when they get them in. They said that they anticipate the totes to arrive to them on Friday. Hope that helps Melissa b/c I'm waiting for mine also!!

BethCooks4U said:
I have had mixed feelings about Merrill too but I have to say that if you have a problem they are good about fixing it.
I agree. If you voice your concerns to them over there (I've just sent an email to their customer service email address), they will make it right. Maybe even deduct some cost off your order. They've done it for me after conference last July because they messed stuff up. I expressed concern about their service and they took $50 off my order. Then I received my TPC business cards. On one of the four designs, the bottom line (with my website) was faded...not terrible, but didn't look professional. Plus i was SO excited to get the TPC business cards.

The latest has been the issue with the Ribbon tote and they're sending me a new one. I agree, some prices are very steep. Others aren't so bad. I definitely feel that they've made improvements with customer service, although sometimes it takes the initiative from us to get things done. Just express your dissatisfaction nicely and see what they can do.

Good luck!

c00p said:
I've never been impressed with Merrill, and I think their prices are outrageous!! I do typically order things when I'm at conference (they tend to have a small discount there), but otherwise, they don't get my business!
I think that their clothing prices are SO much better than when we had VIP.

I am not happy with their PC logo for the car window. I was expecting something totally different than what I got. It isnt vinyl lettering like I thought, it is a sticker that you can tell is a sticker on the window, you can see the clear part where the lettering is not. The pic on their site looks different then the one on my car.

1. Why are people not impressed with Merrill products?

There could be a variety of reasons why someone may not be impressed with our products. It could be a personal preference or a difference in expectations. We always strive to provide high-quality and reliable products, but we understand that not every product may be a perfect fit for everyone.

2. What are the most common complaints about Merrill products?

Some common complaints about Merrill products may include sizing or fit issues, durability concerns, or functionality problems. We take all feedback seriously and continuously strive to improve our products based on customer feedback.

3. How does Pampered Chef address customer dissatisfaction with Merrill products?

We have a satisfaction guarantee policy in place for all of our products, including Merrill. If a customer is not satisfied with their purchase, they can reach out to us for a resolution such as a refund or product exchange.

4. Are there any steps that can be taken to prevent disappointment with Merrill products?

We recommend thoroughly researching and reading reviews on a product before making a purchase. This can help manage expectations and ensure the product meets your needs. Additionally, our consultants are always available to answer any questions and provide recommendations based on your specific needs.

5. What sets Merrill products apart from other brands?

Merrill is a trusted brand with a long history of providing high-quality outdoor and activewear products. Our products are designed with durability, comfort, and functionality in mind, making them stand out in the market. Additionally, we offer a satisfaction guarantee and excellent customer service to ensure our customers are happy with their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Leigh0725
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedchefDaly