• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Changing Bank Information Don't Let This Happen to You!

In summary, the conversation was about a frustrating experience with Financial Services. The individual changed their direct deposit information and confirmed it with the company, but when their paycheck didn't arrive in their new account, they discovered that the company had deposited it into their old account. It took multiple calls and a week to 10 days for the company to correct their mistake and send a paper check instead. The individual advises others to change their direct deposit information online to avoid similar issues.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I just checked my answering machine messages and I am so angry I can't see straight!

In January I changed both my direct deposit AND payment account information.

Financial services called me to confirm the account number.

I called them before submitting my January show to make sure it was in effect.

After double checking this AND checking with my regular employer, I closed the old account.

So when the Feb. 8 payment came in, I was confused that the direct deposit wasn't in my bank. Since I know sometimes they don't enter deposits the same way, I called the new bank and they had no record. So I called Financial Services and they said they deposited it to the same account they'd had on file since 2010. WHAT PART OF CHANGE MY BANK INFORMATION THAT THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND?

They sure as HECK made sure they knew where to get their money but as far as knowing where to give me mine, they fell asleep at the wheel.

Well I contacted the bank and they told me it would be a week to 10 days til Pampered Chef got its money back.

The FS rep, meanwhile, pulled my original form, confirmed that they were supposed to change the direct deposit and then told me she'd enter it right away so they could direct deposit the money when they got it back.

Well at midnight my roommate tells me I have a message on the machine and then I saw I had TWO. The first was from FS this morning, saying the direct deposit would be in effect for Feb. mid-month (of course, I have nothing to deposit) and they would send me a paper check IN TWO FREAKING WEEKS!:cry:

Just a heads up that if you ever change your direct deposit information, CHANGE IT ONLINE. We cannot trust them to understand a simple form, unfortunately. They make sure to get their money, but won't give us ours!

I am so sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Financial Services. It's always infuriating when companies don't follow through on their promises, especially when it comes to something as important as your paycheck. It sounds like you did everything you could to ensure that your direct deposit information was updated, and it's incredibly frustrating that they still managed to mess it up. It's also concerning that they didn't catch the mistake until you brought it to their attention. It's definitely a good lesson for all of us to be extra vigilant when it comes to our financial information. I hope that you are able to get your money back soon and that this doesn't happen again in the future. Hang in there!

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with changing your bank information. It can be so frustrating when things like this happen, especially when it involves our hard-earned money. I completely understand your anger and I am glad that you were able to get it sorted out eventually. It is unfortunate that sometimes mistakes like this happen, but it's important to remember that we are all human and mistakes can be made. However, I do agree with you that it would be beneficial for Pampered Chef to have an online option for changing bank information to avoid these kinds of issues. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the reminder to be cautious when making changes to our payment information. Take care.

Q: How can I change my bank information?

To change your bank information, you will need to contact your bank directly and request to update your account information. They may require you to fill out a form or provide documentation to verify the change.

Q: What happens if I don't update my bank information?

If you don't update your bank information, your automatic payments or direct deposits may be declined or not go through. This can result in late fees, interest charges, and missed payments.

Q: How long does it take for my new bank information to be updated?

The timeline for updating your bank information can vary depending on your bank's processes. It's best to contact your bank and ask for an estimated time frame.

Q: Can I update my bank information online?

Some banks may allow you to update your bank information online through their website or mobile app. However, some may require you to do it in person or over the phone. Check with your bank for their specific procedures.

Q: What should I do if I notice a mistake in my updated bank information?

If you notice a mistake in your updated bank information, contact your bank immediately to correct it. This will help avoid any potential issues with payments or deposits in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • lindseystar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • esavvymom