• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silly Question About Apron + Booths

In summary, the speaker said that they only wear their apron at events when they are cooking or demonstrating. They found that it could be a blocker from guests and themselves. So, they try not to wear it.
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Okay, so I have kind of a weird/silly question about wearing the Apron at booths or Open Houses. Just looking for opinions and feedback here. I usually only do booths and Open Houses around the holidays. Last year, I always wore my apron at these events.
At one of the workshops I attended at NC, the speaker (sorry, can't remember which one) said that the only time she wore her apron was during the demonstration. She greeted people prior to the show without her apron on and when she did the checkout, she took off her apron. She said that she had found that sometimes the apron could be a blocker from you and the guest.
So, my question is when you do events, do you wear your apron or just logo wear? Or, is this completely irrelevant?
TIA for any input!!

If you have Logo Wear - then wear that. ISecond choice could be a Name Tag (with the PC logo). I personally don't mind wearing my Apron at Events - but I can definately see your/her point.

I wear my apron to booths and such because the pockets are great to keep recipe cards, door prize slips, etc. I do not wear it to my shows, I personally hate the thing!

i wear mine when i am at my show. it helps me. i had a booth this past saturday i wore the apron, i hated wearing it for the event. i have an other booth this weekend, i will be just wearing my name tag. hope this helps

Well, I have an Open House this weekend and next (one at my house and one at another vendor's). Since it's more casual and I'm not cooking or demonstrating, I just didn't know if it was alright NOT to wear it, I always have just worn it for everything. But, I thought I would try not wearing it and see what kind of response I got. I have the nice black logo shirt with the silver studs on it and was planning to wear my name tag.
Thanks for your opinions, I appreciate it!

pampcheflisa said:
Well, I have an Open House this weekend and next (one at my house and one at another vendor's). Since it's more casual and I'm not cooking or demonstrating, I just didn't know if it was alright NOT to wear it, I always have just worn it for everything. But, I thought I would try not wearing it and see what kind of response I got. I have the nice black logo shirt with the silver studs on it and was planning to wear my name tag.
Thanks for your opinions, I appreciate it!

I have done that also for a vendor event where it was just a bunch of direct sales companies. There is no right or wrong, just what you want to do.

I wear my name tag or logo wear, hate the apron, makes my hips and butt look big.:eek:

I NEVER wear the apron, to shows or booths..I do have alot of logowear, and I always wear that when I am doing something PC related.

I quit wearing my apron this summer. I wear a logo shirt. I feel like I'm more "one of them" when I'm not wearing my apron. However, last night I splashed water all over my shirt - wouldn't have been such a mess if I was wearing my apron :)

I'm debating about wearing my logo shirt or apron (or both for that matter) at a booth that I am going to be at on Friday. Pros and cons. The apron pockets are great to keep pens and cards and slips in. Oh well, I'll see how my mood is on Friday morning.

I have a waitress style apron I wore at my booths. The pockets were great for drawing slips, recipe cards, mini-catalogs, and putting the drawing slips in when they were filled out. I wore my denim apron last night for a Show and liked it too. My HD's Cluster (her ED and downline) get their trip embroidered on theirs each one they take so it is quite a conversation starter about the Opportunity!

I do have the black with white lettering t-shirt and I wear it alot. I am looking at the Merrill Blowout Sale and think I am going to get the 1/4-zip sweatshirt to wear shopping, etc.

Last edited:
I've heard from some that they get more personal information about the guests and their PC needs at shows if they don't let them know they are the consultant until the demo.

Okay so here is another Q...I am one of those people that is always cold. I have 4 PC sweatshirts...would you wear a sweatshirt when doing a vendor show? I have a red sweatshirt w/ a black PC logo and my favorite hoodie (navy blue one) w/ white PC logo. I know this year I plan to wear sneakers to this w/ends booth b/c of the concrete floors and after the booth I have a party to do so my feet will be hurting.

But would you wear a sweatshirt?!

I would wear any logo!! Anytime. As far as an apron.. I have worn them in the past and did not feel comfy.(would rather wear logo) Then I saw a lady at a PC booth.. she had on the apron and I was not impressed. I kinda stood back and looked at her ..as I would be looked at from afar (LOL) To me she looked dressed down in the apron.. sorry!!! Just my opinion...... So I will always wear logo from now on. Personally I feel it looks better and more professional. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. A sweatshirt would be CUTE!!

As cold as it is in your area, I don't think a sweatshirt would be inappropriate at all. I think at a booth, you aren't expected to be really "formal". I would be put off by someone if they were "dressed up" at a vendor booth. I guess it would depend though. I did the IAAP (Int'l Association of Administrative Professionals) and all the vendors were dressed up as were the ladies since it was a "dressy" thing. I was not told it was dressy so I wore a long-sleeve green shirt with my black logo T-shirt over it. I always wear tennis shoes at all booths because I walk with a cane part of the time and would never be able to stand for so long in regular shoes!

I wouldn't wear a sweatshirt at a booth or at a show.

I don't wear my apron until i do the demo but I do wear my apron at booths. I like the pockets and I think it sets us aside. I also dress up though so I'm wearing black pants and a collared shirt with the apron on top.
eta: My apron is black so it looks better than the denim apron, imo.

I wear Logo wear at my booths, I personally hate to wear my apron becuase it bothers my neck.

For the first time this Saturday I wore jeans to my show with my logowear shirt. The host, who I just signed, told me I looked very professional. The only reason I wore the jeans was because I had been at the booth all day and was too tired to think or change. I think I might continue to wear jeans and logo wear to my shows. (I know, we are not supposed to, but they are really dark nice looking jeans and I don't wear tennis shoes with it.)

Are we allowed to wear other aprons (someone mentioned a waitress-style apron)?? I wish PC or Merrill would come out with a new line of aprons where we could choose various colors -- I don't much care for the blue denim one.

gailz2 said:
Are we allowed to wear other aprons (someone mentioned a waitress-style apron)?? I wish PC or Merrill would come out with a new line of aprons where we could choose various colors -- I don't much care for the blue denim one.

AMEN!! It bothers my neck too - I'd love a waitress style one too. I tend to wear a plain shirt with my PC nametag. I've almost thought about getting out my sewing machine to make my apron into a waitress style one....

Thanks for all the input everyone!!
I don't really care to wear the apron, because it's uncomfortable to me, but I didn't know if it was considered "inappropriate" to not wear it. But, I guess if you think about it, it is OUR business, so we should be able to do what we feel comfortable with or what works best for our business. I'm going to try it this weekend without the apron, but with my logo wear shirt + name tag and see how it goes!!

heather223 said:
I wear Logo wear at my booths, I personally hate to wear my apron becuase it bothers my neck.

For the first time this Saturday I wore jeans to my show with my logowear shirt. The host, who I just signed, told me I looked very professional. The only reason I wore the jeans was because I had been at the booth all day and was too tired to think or change. I think I might continue to wear jeans and logo wear to my shows. (I know, we are not supposed to, but they are really dark nice looking jeans and I don't wear tennis shoes with it.)

Who says we are not supposed to? I always do! I started this biz a mom not a career professional. I have mom clothes I am not willing to go out and buy slacks to wear to my parties. I wear nice jeans or capris in the summer with a Logo top. Sometimes I wear the apron and sometimes not. At a booth, I wouldn't wear a sweatshirt (especially a hoodie) because I think it is too casual. But it is YOUR business. I like to dress how I want people to think of me. I want to put off to people that I'm laid back and approachable while also being professional and serious about my business. So I go for casual, but not sloppy.

At my booths I wear either the black bling shirt or the Maroon button down, both logo wear and black capris or my nice dark jeans. I bought foam flooring from Costco (gray squares that are supposed to be used in the garage) that I take with me to booths and fairs to stand on. They really help my legs not get so fatigued. They were only $12 and help a TON!!

What is the purpose of wearing an apron at a Pampered Chef booth?

The apron is worn to protect your clothing while cooking or demonstrating products at the booth. It also helps to create a professional and polished appearance.

Do I have to wear a specific type of apron at the booth?

No, you can wear any apron that you feel comfortable in and that represents the Pampered Chef brand well. However, we do offer aprons specifically designed for our consultants that can be purchased through our website.

Can I personalize my apron with my name or logo?

Yes, you can personalize your apron with your name or logo. This can be done through the website or through a local embroidery or printing shop.

Do I have to wear an apron if I am not cooking or demonstrating at the booth?

It is not required, but it is recommended to wear an apron at all times while representing Pampered Chef at a booth. This helps to maintain a professional and unified look among all consultants.

How do I properly care for my Pampered Chef apron?

Our aprons are made of high-quality materials and can be machine washed and dried according to the care instructions on the tag. Avoid using bleach or high heat settings as this can damage the fabric.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • KayPT
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • alabama pc cons.