• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh - Phone Numbers From Booths

In summary, the conversation revolves around a vendor encountering a potential recruit at a booth and getting her work number. When the vendor calls the potential recruit at work, the recruit questions why she is being called there. The conversation then turns to the frustration of people not remembering giving out their contact information and the importance of being honest and following through on commitments. Some vendors also share their strategies for refreshing potential recruits' memories when following up.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I'm not trying to start a ranting thread (I think we are all a bit gunshy right now), but I just have to get some opinions! I did a booth on Saturday and a gal from another booth came up to me - and even waited for me to be done with the customer I was with - and asked me about the opportunity. She doesn't want to do parties but wants to do it to get stuff at a discount...kind of like Arbonne and MaryKay. Fine...whatever she wants, I can give her an idea of how it could work. So, I ask her to fill out a survey slip so I can contact her. She asks if she can just give me her card - great! So, on her card is her WORK phone number and the main email for the company....nothing else. I just called her and introduced myself and she was like "uhh....I'm just wondering why you are calling me at work" HELLO?!?!? That is the only number you gave me! So, I told her that - nicely of course. Anyhoo, she gave me her cell number but didn't want me to call her because she would call or email me if she had any questions...mmmmkay. I said I like to follow up from booths to see if anyone had any questions. She is really busy...blah blah blah. Then I asked if I could call her in a month to see if she had any questions and that she could call or email me with questions - no strings attached.

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR WORK NUMBER TO SOMEBODY IF YOU DIDN'T WANT THEM TO CALL YOU THERE?!?!?

Whew...I feel better...anyone else have this problem?

Never had that particular problem, but how rude!

Let It Out!!!GRRRR:mad:

I hear ya, Kate! A gal from BRU gave me her work number and then questioned me on why I called her there. Um, cuz you gave it to me?????

Bless and release is what I did with her!

It is my biggest pet peeve- why would you check yes or maybe at a booth if you aren't interested?? People are downright rude when I call them- and I didn't call a SINGLE no person!!

I have another vendor to call - recruiting again...and her hubby thinks it would be great! I am scared to call her because of the first chick!

Some people just don't think when they give out info. Argh!

Yeah....uhm....Pampered Chef booth....not psychic!

And you wouldn't want to work with her anyways!

Make them rememberI make them remember. I call and say:
Hello this is Debbie Mireles the PC consultant you met at XXXX on (date). I hope I am calling you at a convenient time, you gave me this number to contact you so I am checking in to see if you wanted to set a date for your show, or if you wanted to talk about the PC opportunity.
They usually say:
"Oh yeah I remember..."
And either it's a good time or it's not and I ask them for a better time or number to call them at.

Some people are weird like that. They can't remember giving out their numbers or even that I said I was going to call them. That is why I am quick to refresh their memories. I won't be blamed for doing what I told them I would do.

Debbie :D

Yeah, I'll just call her in a month like I said I would and go from there. I will hold up my end of the bargain and I don't care what she does as long as she is HONEST with me!

DebbieSAChef said:
I make them remember. I call and say:
Hello this is Debbie Mireles the PC consultant you met at XXXX on (date). I hope I am calling you at a convenient time, you gave me this number to contact you so I am checking in to see if you wanted to set a date for your show, or if you wanted to talk about the PC opportunity.
They usually say:
"Oh yeah I remember..."
And either it's a good time or it's not and I ask them for a better time or number to call them at.

Some people are weird like that. They can't remember giving out their numbers or even that I said I was going to call them. That is why I am quick to refresh their memories. I won't be blamed for doing what I told them I would do.

Debbie :D

Debbie - I do something very similar to that - and we met TWO days ago!

gilliandanielle said:
It is my biggest pet peeve- why would you check yes or maybe at a booth if you aren't interested?? People are downright rude when I call them- and I didn't call a SINGLE no person!!
They think if they check yes and give their info it will help them win whatever prize you are giving away.....

Yeah...I don't play favorites...if their slip is the one I pick, they win!

I totally get what you're saying. I did a bridal booth a month ago, and still haven't talked to but one gal. I don't get why people mark they are interested in something, then when we call.....they either act like they're surprised we're calling, or don't call back:(

I sware some people do not use the brains that god gave them.. if you dont' want someone to call you AT WORK... hello let them know here is my home phone or cell phone.... That is so flipping rude!!

Common sense: not that common anymore.Sad, but true.

lacychef said:
I totally get what you're saying. I did a bridal booth a month ago, and still haven't talked to but one gal. I don't get why people mark they are interested in something, then when we call.....they either act like they're surprised we're calling, or don't call back:(

When I get a contact from a booth I don't leave a message - I put them back in the pile and call them another day. I figure I don't have a relationship built up with them yet and don't want to put the ball in their court.

cmdtrgd said:
When I get a contact from a booth I don't leave a message - I put them back in the pile and call them another day. I figure I don't have a relationship built up with them yet and don't want to put the ball in their court.

I always leave messages. They see that I call.

And every message ends with "If you need my number, it's 123-456-7890. I know you are busy, so I will try to reach you another time and hopefully we will connect."

The ball is ALWAYS in my court. :)

I just feel weird calling them back once I have left a message. I know that they see that I call, but my number doesn't come up with a name - cell phone. I try not to look like a stalker! Also, if I do leave a message and happen to have an email address, I try to follow up with that. Just got a recruit today through the email follow-up. Turns out she usually doesn't give out her home phone and that is what I got - she was distracted.

Kate, I'm glad I saw this thread today and not yesterday. I did 2 different fairs this weekend and told EVERYONE who filled out a slip, that I would call them on MONDAY. Well, I called everyone and got $120 in orders!! Yeah! I also got 3 bookings and 3 leads! I'm meeting one today at Starbucks at 10am!!! :D

Kristi - glad it worked out for you! I was just venting about a specific lead. I need to follow your example of telling people I will be calling them.On the other hand, I did a Bridal Fair the weekend before last and we got the list of names to share a few days ago. I sent out an email to everyone yesterday who didn't have a phone number and got a regsitry out of it! I also got a recruit from the Bridal Fair and her sis is the one getting married - what a great incentive to get qualified and have her sis's registry!So, things are looking up...and the other contact who gave me her work number said it was fine to call her there and we set up a time for me to call her today - she was busy yesterday.Thank you all for your suggestions and moral support!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
The ball is ALWAYS in my court. :)

I'm so bummed. I never got a ball, and no one told me there was a court. :(

Oh, no! I think I just channeled KG. :eek:

raebates said:
I'm so bummed. I never got a ball, and no one told me there was a court. :(

Oh, no! I think I just channeled KG. :eek:
At least you didn't say that you don't have any balls. :D

Related to Ugh - Phone Numbers From Booths

What is "Ugh - Phone Numbers From Booths"?

"Ugh - Phone Numbers From Booths" is a term used to describe the process of collecting phone numbers at booths or events for the purpose of sales or marketing.

Why is collecting phone numbers important for Pampered Chef?

Collecting phone numbers allows us to stay in touch with potential customers and keep them updated on new products, promotions, and events. It also allows us to personalize our interactions and offer personalized deals and discounts.

How can I collect phone numbers effectively at booths or events?

One effective way to collect phone numbers is by offering a raffle or giveaway prize in exchange for participants' phone numbers. You can also have a sign-up sheet or a digital sign-up form for interested individuals to provide their phone numbers.

Is it okay to contact people who have provided their phone numbers at booths or events?

Yes, as long as you have obtained their consent to contact them. Make sure to clearly state the purpose of collecting their phone numbers and give them the option to opt-out of future communications.

How can I use collected phone numbers for sales or marketing purposes?

Collected phone numbers can be used to send text message promotions or updates, make personalized phone calls to potential customers, or add them to an email list for newsletters and product updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • flossienurse
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
flossienurse
Replies