• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, Now I'm Confused... Do I Do the Booth?

C
chelynn
I called my director about finding someone to cover some of the hours of the booth at the mall (home-based business event). She gave me the name of another director who did it last year to find out if one person was enough to cover the booth. I just got off the phone with her, and she said she wouldn't do it if I'm paying the $250 out of my own pocket. Last year she sold about $300 and had 2 bookings that were small shows.

Basically, her speech was that it was a crap shoot, and if I had to pay all the money myself she wouldn't advise doing it. She also said if she hadn't used her $50 from the company this month she would have given it to me. So then I called my director back, and she said she could get me her $50.

So it would be $200 out of my pocket, at least initially, until someone could cover the six hours I can't work, which adds up to about $50.

Again (and sorry for being repetitive), would you still do it? I'm such a flake, LOL!

Remember every consultant has different results at fairs. Some consultants are more approachable than others and more outgoing than others. I have been at fairs where some consultants do not get any leads because they are just sitting there looking bored and others that do very well because they look like they are enjoying themselves.

If you want to do the expo and feel confident then I would go ahead and do it. Remember to stand up and talk to the customers and give them usage ideas for all the products that they are looking so that they want to have a party and order from you.

A mall sounds like a good demographic.

I bought a booth at an Italian Festival in a strip mall and sold the hours I couldn't cover. It was $200 for the booth. It was a Friday night, all day Saturday 10AM-10PM, and Sunday 12-6. No way could I go that long without help.

I emailed everyone in my cluster, and some people went for it, so we split the cost.

Well, in a way she is correct. Any fair/booth etc. is a crap shoot. It's inside, correct? Lately anytime I do an outdoor craft fair or flea market the weather does not cooperate.
So indoors is a bonus!

But I would say since you are so new to the business, it can't hurt. If nothing else it is great experience. Also, it's great that they are willing to front you some of the $, so in a way turning it down would be like turning down free cash.

You may want to do a little word of mouth to your contacts "Come and see me at the mall!" If you have some people who are on the fence, seeing you there looking all legitimate may get them off the fence.

Get the Booth CDS on supply order It's a very good set

Interesting tip Kathy! I will look into that! :)

Okay, enough wishy-washy. I'm going to do it! It's going to be great! I'm going to talk to everyone! I have decided that it's not about whether "the event" will be good. It's about whether *I* will do my job. And I plan to do it! I want to be a Future Director! I want to have a full show calendar! And I am the one who will make that happen, not a booth in a mall on the right day at the right time.

Right? ;)

Chelsea,
there are some threads about door prize drawing slips for fairs and stuff on here, I will look and see if I can find them for you and you can have them fill out the slips for a free gift at TOH I am giving away a $20 gc reedemable through me (Only) and they have to have it filled out completly to win and then I know I sound like a broken record but follow up is the key!

Go for it. Do not have the director come in for the hours you can't at YOUR cost!! It can be a "crap shoot" if you don't go into it with a goal and a positive attitude. You have to be assertive. Talk to everyone!! and follow-up with any type of lead within 48 hours. At a recent fair, my 4 hours resulted in 6 bookings on my calendar and 4 recruit leads. The consultant on the other shifts, encouraged people to enter her drawing, but let them walk away after saying, "It's been so long since I've had a show." Hello!!! Grab your calendar and introduce some of your favorite new items and ask which day of the week works best for a show. Tuesday or Thursday? At our other fair, another vendor was interested in purchasing a large order of our spatulas. The vendor spoke with someone in the PC booth (not me- another shift). about his business, but didn't mention the large order. No one followed up with him as a potential hosts/client. His secretary called me about setting up a time to see his products. I told her I was very busy with my Pampered Chef business. She said she was glad to know I was a PC consultant because her boss wanted to order some spatulas to give to his clients as gifts. He didn't have time to go visit the PC booth again during the fair. If I met with him in September, she would place the order with me. I had spoke to her boss during a slow time at the fair, I asked him questions about his business, and I entered his drawing. He just purchased 40 large spatulas from me. Add that up. I just got a hefty check!! Just ask!!!

Last edited:
I think I would give a shot! You can do it! Just have some faith and I am sure you will do just fine! If you don't spend some to get business, how are you going to make money?? Plus it would give you experience in this type of situation!

For $200.00 - I would do it!! I am sure you will recoop your $$ and then some....

I have always had some success at booths. I guess it depends on how you define success. You will be getting your name out to hundreds of potentials - wher you wouldn't have otherwise...

My .02

Definitely go for it, Chelsea! Since you are such a new consultant, this is an easy way to let a lot of people know you are in the area.

Make it your goal to double what the last person did (nah! triple!). Make sure you have some kind of drawing to get leads (free party or give away a handmade gift certificate.). There are a lot of ideas on this site.

I can't wait to hear how things go ;)

Just a quick tip someone else might have already said this but when you do a drawing let people know that the slip needs to be filled out completely in order for them to be eligible to win. First of all you will need contact info to give them their prize but also you need contact info in order to do a follow up.

Related to Okay, Now I'm Confused... Do I Do the Booth?

1. Why do I need to cover the booth at the mall for my home-based business event?

Covering the booth at the mall for your home-based business event can help promote your business and attract potential customers. It also allows you to showcase your products or services and network with other businesses in the area.

2. Do I need to pay for the booth out of my own pocket?

The decision to pay for the booth out of your own pocket ultimately depends on your budget and the potential return on investment. It's important to consider if the cost is worth the potential benefits for your business.

3. Is one person enough to cover the booth for the entire event?

It's possible for one person to cover the booth for the entire event, but it may be more effective to have multiple people take shifts to ensure coverage and allow for breaks. It's also important to consider the size and type of the event, as well as the amount of traffic expected at the booth.

4. Is it worth it to cover the booth if the previous director only made $300 in sales and 2 bookings?

The success of covering the booth at the event can vary, but it's important to consider the potential for future sales and bookings as well. It's also helpful to have a clear goal or strategy in mind for the event, such as promoting a new product or service, to increase the chances of success.

5. Should I still cover the booth even if I have to pay $200 out of my own pocket?

The decision to cover the booth at the event ultimately depends on your budget and the potential benefits for your business. It's important to carefully weigh the cost and potential return on investment before making a decision. It may also be helpful to discuss with your director and other colleagues for their insights and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• iteachncook
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • yumyummum
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
yumyummum
  • pamperedcheermom