• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the best way to handle booth orders and deliveries?

In summary, the conversation discusses different approaches to handling booth orders and shipping. One person offers free shipping for local orders and combines them into one or two orders, splitting the shipping cost with a friend. However, they encountered a problem with a large order that needed to be shipped to a customer in another city. The group discusses options such as offering direct shipping and charging extra for it, or making it a consultant gift. They also mention the convenience of direct shipping and the challenges of making deliveries. Some members share their own methods for handling booth orders and shipping.
pamperedcheermom
I need to know who delivers all the orders from their booths or do you have the orders shipped directly to the customers. When my friend and I do booths we offer free shipping and combine the orders into one or two orders and we split the shipping cost. We made a sign for our table saying the shipping is free and we will deliver if it's in the local area. We had a girl at a booth a few weeks ago to place a $130 order and the sign was right in front of her. I wrote up the order, gave her a total and she wrote a check. Then I noticed on her check that she lives about 30 miles away in another city. Her's was the biggest order we had because the booth was a flop for all the vendors so I hated to tell her we couldn't order. And I knew she wouldn't pay the $6 or $7 for direct shipping (I don't blame her). Now I have this box in the back of my car and have to find time to take it to her. I was taking it back before Thanksgiving but when I finally got in touch with her she was out of town. I work 40 hours a week and don't get off till 4:30, then pick up kids, supper, etc. I've delivered all the others but still working on this one.

How do the rest of you do with booth orders. We don't have cash & carry so we rely on orders. If they're local we don't mind but if we start telling people they have to pay the extra shipping and we'll have it sent directly to them we'll lose the orders.

Need advice!

On a $130 order, I'd have done the direct shipping and written it off as a Consultant Gift. To me it would have been worth not having to arrange the 1 or more hour out of my day to drive the order to her. ;)I'm on a military base in Japan and "ship to host" is not an option here. It violates military regulations for us to accept mail for others. Everyone (and I do mean EVERYONE) pays direct shipping. A few fuss about it, but very few, like maybe 0.5% will actually change their mind & not order.

If they live locally I deliver but they still pay the $4.25 shipping. If they are out of town they pay the direct shipping price. I've never had anyone complain.

When I do booths I charge the Direct Shipping rates. That's one of the things I love about my business, I do not have to make deliveries!! I will usually split the Direct shipping with the customer though.

I direct ship everything too. I'm like Sandra - I love that I don't have to make deliveries!

At booths, I always charge the show shipping price of $4.25 for direct shipping, and then make the remaining cost a consultant gift.

ChefBeckyD said:
I direct ship everything too. I'm like Sandra - I love that I don't have to make deliveries!

At booths, I always charge the show shipping price of $4.25 for direct shipping, and then make the remaining cost a consultant gift.

This is great! I am doing a booth in 2 weeks and didn't even think of this!

pamperedcheermom said:
I need to know who delivers all the orders from their booths or do you have the orders shipped directly to the customers. When my friend and I do booths we offer free shipping and combine the orders into one or two orders and we split the shipping cost. We made a sign for our table saying the shipping is free and we will deliver if it's in the local area. We had a girl at a booth a few weeks ago to place a $130 order and the sign was right in front of her. I wrote up the order, gave her a total and she wrote a check. Then I noticed on her check that she lives about 30 miles away in another city. Her's was the biggest order we had because the booth was a flop for all the vendors so I hated to tell her we couldn't order. And I knew she wouldn't pay the $6 or $7 for direct shipping (I don't blame her). Now I have this box in the back of my car and have to find time to take it to her. I was taking it back before Thanksgiving but when I finally got in touch with her she was out of town. I work 40 hours a week and don't get off till 4:30, then pick up kids, supper, etc. I've delivered all the others but still working on this one.
have you called and asked if maybe she could meet you halfway or if she is ever in your area? I did that with a recent order and she ended up picking it up from me--it was nice that I didn't have to drive the 15 miles out to her place!Oh, and at booths I always do direct shipping unless they live nearby or I know I will be going near them. I don't even give them an option.

I made the delivery today, finally. I emailed her and didn't get a response.......called and didn't get an answer. I wanted the box out of the back of my car and I didn't want her to complain to the Church where the booth was held that I hadn't delivered her order. So I left work and went to find her house. It was no where near where she said it was........it was on some back roads in the country and MapQuest had the directions completely wrong. I finally found it and she was home so I gave her the order and thanked her and left.I'll rethink the booths for next year. We had a sign up saying we only deliver locally and I guess she ignored it. I didn't know where she lived till I got the check and she had walked away. And no, she wouldn't offer to meet me halfway. I had suggested it last week when I called her but she was out of town. I told her if she could meet me somewhere in between that would be great. She said to just call and let her know when I was coming. OK, I called, she didn't answer, so I took the order. Good thing she was home because I wasn't bringing it back with me.

Different people have different definitions of "local," so even putting such a sign up at a booth won't necessarily help. If the customer really lives out in the middle of nowhere, then she might consider a 30 mile drive to be local.FWIW, I do the same as Becky, and cover the difference between the show shipping and direct shipping. But I also make sure I mention that "I pay the difference as my gift to you."

I've just found that because so many other vendors are cash & carry, and don't charge any shipping, people are reluctant to buy a $15-20 item if they have to pay shipping. What I did this year (my first) is to offer free shipping, then I combined orders where possible and did deliveries (I still have a few to do).
Some of the deliveries were fun to do - I got to chat a little more with my customers, discuss bookings with those that were interested...
It's just the time factor that makes it difficult - finding a block of time to fit it into!
I think I would consider the direct shipping option for next year...

1. How long does it take to receive my delivery from a booth sale?

Delivery times for booth sale orders can vary depending on your location and the availability of the products you ordered. Typically, delivery can take anywhere from 3-7 business days. If you have any concerns about the status of your delivery, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Can I track my delivery from a booth sale?

Unfortunately, tracking is not available for booth sale deliveries at this time. However, you can contact our customer service team for updates on the status of your delivery. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

3. Can I change the delivery address for my booth sale order?

If your order has not yet been shipped, our customer service team may be able to update the delivery address for you. Please contact us as soon as possible with the updated address and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

4. What happens if I am not home to receive my delivery from a booth sale?

If you are not home to receive your delivery, the carrier will typically leave a notice with instructions for redelivery or pick up at a designated location. If you are unable to retrieve your delivery, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Are there any additional fees for delivery from a booth sale?

The delivery fees for booth sale orders are the same as our regular delivery fees. However, if you are ordering from a booth sale at a special event or party, there may be additional fees for shipping and handling. Please check with the host of the event for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • n_coleman101
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies