1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Booth at a community "yard" sale

1. nene960

nene960 Member

I have signed up to do a booth at a community yard sale at our local minor league baseball park. The cost was only $25 so I couldn't pass it up. I went to this event last year and there were consultants from a couple of other direct sales companies there. Here are my questions.....What products should I set up in my booth? Should i have c&c items? If so which ones? I will have to take my own tables so how many should I take? I have done a couple of booths before but they were for bigger events. This yard sale thing is new to me. I would appreciate any help!

Oct 6, 2009
  2. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

There are many different ways of handling how you do a booth. You might want to read through other threads in this section.

Because it's a yard sale, people might be looking for a bargain, so if you do cash and carry, I'd buy things from the outlet and sell those. You could promote all the free things you get when you host and do a drawing for a free show.

When I've done fair booths, I liked having either 2 tables set up in an upside down L shape, so people see what you have and walk down through it, or have it an upside down U shape. You can stand in front of your booth and have free recipe cards to hand out to everyone, you can put labels on them with your info.

The last booth I did, though, felt completely awkward. Standing out in front of my booth, I felt like I was scaring people away. In that setting I felt like maybe I should've had eye catching things on a front table and me behind it with another table on the side that I could direct people to to show them more, or keep my old catalogs, minis, and recipe cards on. I'd hold the recipe cards (or have them handy) to give out to people.

Another idea I had was to maybe demo things like the A/P/C/S and the Food chopper and the mandoline. People might come by if they see you doing something.

Just some ideas. There are tons more out there. :)

Oct 6, 2009
  3. nene960

nene960 Member

Thanks for the input. Just one more question.....When you do c&c do you make the order through a personal order? I have never done c&c before.

Oct 6, 2009
  4. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I've never done c&c before. I have a booth on the 17th and they want me to have it. I'm torn on how to do this and how much to spend. I'm in debt w/ PC right now, so I really can't do this, but I can see why they think I need to have it. There's a lot of people who come from all over the country to this event and the women who come like to shop. I'm trying to figure out what to do. The policies guide makes it sound like it needs to be a personal order, but others have said to put it in on a show order. That way you make commission on it and it counts towards your sales. Large items I won't buy for c&c because then people won't have the guarantee along w/ it. But consumable products and mini spatulas and quick cut paring knives and maybe a mix n chop and kernel cutter or something. Also, others have recommended buying stuff from the outlet, because those don't come w/ a guarantee anyway.

I'd love to hear more feedback from others on this topic myself! :D

Oct 6, 2009
Have something to add?