• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help on Order Entries on P3 From Booth. Help!

In summary, the experienced author did a booth this weekend and it was a hit! They took someone's advice here on P3 and booked five altogether and one fundraiser. Sales were below $100 but they're okay with that. :) The strange thing is that they were supposed to go with their recruiter and due to an unexpected death in her family she had to leave and left her to set up and do the booth all by herself. But she's still alive and all is well.
n_coleman101
I did a booth this weekend and it was a hit! I took someone's advice on here about having a raffle for only hosts for the month and booked five altogether and 1 fundraiser! Sales were below $100 but I'm okay with that. :) The strange thing is, I was supposed to go with my recruiter and due to an unexpected death in her family :( she had to leave...and left me to set up and do the booth allllllllll by myself! I was so freaked; but I'm still alive and all is well. :balloon:

My question is...on the seperate sales I made at my table, I offered free shipping to all the ppl I could deliver to...but, since I am absolutely new to PC (less than 20 days in) AND P3, I can't figure out how to take the shipping charge off thier orders. HELP! I don't want to be stuck paying $25+ on their shipping costs! Any suggestions?

Oh, and with one outside sale yet to be submitted to me, I have enough in orders to put them in as a show. *sigh* I'm lost.

You can't remove the shipping. When you offer free shipping, you are offering to pay it out of pocket yourself. If you can do a show, then that would be the cheapest route. Put it in as a show with you as the host & have the order shipped to you, then you can deliver the items when they arrive. If you don't want to deliver, then you have to enter them with direct shipping rates so that UPS will do the delivery leg work for you.Regardless of which method that you use, make sure that you ONLY charge the customer the amount you promised. For the remaining (shipping) amount on each order, you would want to enter a 2nd payment for "consultant gift" which creates an expense occurrence in the "tax" side of your software program. You can write off those charges as business expenses at the end of the tax year.Once done, you will then have to pay the remaining balance out of your personal money. Sometimes, offering 10% off is better than offering free shipping, because you KNOW that you will make a profit when it's all said & done & your paycheck is received. Free shipping could put you in the hole depending on the purchase amount of each order.

You can enter it all on one order or one guest so there is only one shipping charge. You can't take shipping off an order as it is required by PC. Any extra incentives you offer are usually paid for my the consultant. I usually offer freebies @ vendor shows or maybe a free gift to book a certain date @ my shows. I don't mind paying for some incentives as it can result in a booking I might have not originally been able to get.

But be aware if you are combining orders, that the warranties are all under the ONE name. Each customer does not have their own warranties!If that's okay with the customer, then go for it. But don't do it if the customer doesn't know about it! I'm dealing with that same issue for a customer right now. Her entire order including the 5 pc & 7 pc cookware AND the Forged Cutlery knives are all in HO's computer under a stranger's name. She has NO proof that she purchased the items other than HO was able to find where her credit card was charged (only because we had the consultant's name, consultant # and show #). The purchase was made in Feb. We found the mistake this summer. The consultant went inactive in the interim. When asked, the consultant was confused. Her Director had mislead her into believing that the warranty follows the product, not the purchaser. It's been a huge headache for MONTHS. You have to have proof that you paid for the product or received it as a gift to utilize the warranty. Even with a receipt in hand, it's a pain in the butt to get anything replaced because you have to send a copy to HO. Having the customer's name in HO's computer with the correct items under their name is the FASTEST way (and really the only SURE way) to get a warranty issue handled.So I recommend that you don't do anything to your customer's like combine their orders if you don't have their knowledge & approval to do that! ;)

Also, HO can NOT fix it in their system after it's been submitted incorrectly. :( So in my customer's case ... she's basically screwed on her lifetime warranties. She will NEVER be able to call HO and submit a warranty issue without having to jump through hoops & have them read all the comments attached to her show. They have promised that they will honor her warranties in the future, but it will not be an easy thing to get across to whoever happens to answer the phone in customer service 10, 20 or 30 years from now.

Wow, thanks for the info. DIdn't know it was all that difficult. Luckily, I have not submitted the show yet. I was waiting for feedback from more informed people. like yourselves. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.

Honestly, I don't know where I would be without this site! lol

Nikki

I never put all the orders under one name. The warrenty info is important. Especially when I am directing them to call H.O. when there is an issue. I have put an outside order onto a show before (asking the customer if this is okay with them, and still having the item shipped to the customer...or if local I can p/u from the host of the show I am adding to). I only do this when I get an order the same day or day before I am closing a show.

I only offer free shipping on the "dinner in no time" specials that I offer (which is a $99 order). Have yet to have anyone bite on that one. You know you can call H.O. as often as you need to for help. I called a lot in my first month (I started in March).

It sounds like you did great jumping in and doing a vendor event! :) Congrats to you!

Sheila said:
But be aware if you are combining orders, that the warranties are all under the ONE name. Each customer does not have their own warranties!If that's okay with the customer, then go for it. But don't do it if the customer doesn't know about it! I'm dealing with that same issue for a customer right now. Her entire order including the 5 pc & 7 pc cookware AND the Forged Cutlery knives are all in HO's computer under a stranger's name. She has NO proof that she purchased the items other than HO was able to find where her credit card was charged (only because we had the consultant's name, consultant # and show #). The purchase was made in Feb. We found the mistake this summer. The consultant went inactive in the interim. When asked, the consultant was confused. Her Director had mislead her into believing that the warranty follows the product, not the purchaser. It's been a huge headache for MONTHS. You have to have proof that you paid for the product or received it as a gift to utilize the warranty. Even with a receipt in hand, it's a pain in the butt to get anything replaced because you have to send a copy to HO. Having the customer's name in HO's computer with the correct items under their name is the FASTEST way (and really the only SURE way) to get a warranty issue handled.So I recommend that you don't do anything to your customer's like combine their orders if you don't have their knowledge & approval to do that! ;)
As a new consultant, your advice about not combining orders is PRICELESS! It can really make the difference in providing excellent customer care.

Thanks!

Glad I could help. :DIt's so much easier to just do things right the first time than to deal with the headache of trying to explain your actions later. ;)I'm a retired police dispatcher. My motto is "Don't do ANYTHING you wouldn't want to explain in a court of law." If you stick to that rule, your day-to-day life is so much easier in everything that you do! ;)

Shelia, how do you give 10% off? Are you just giving a consultant gift then also?

Yes, I don't do it for everyone or very often, but there have been a couple of booth events where I offer that. When I do it - it does have to be entered as a consultant gift and then paid for by me up front. Now that I've done $15,000 in Career Sales and am a Team Leader I get a higher % each month and overrides off of my downline, which makes it easier to be able to afford to do that here & there. If I'm making 28% or 29% for the month, that 10% doesn't hurt my bank account enough to matter. ;)

A customer new to the island forwarded me an e-mail from her old consultant in New York. The girl was offering 20% off any online order for the entire month of December. I don't have that much expendable cash sitting around to promise something like that. Especially with two little ones in the house & it being Christmas time! I have NO idea how she's making Money off of that one unless she's planning to sell enough to get the December Consultant Incentive of 5% back in PC Dollars.

Another lesson: Don't promise anything that you can't follow through on!

or she is close to earning disney

LOL, there's a thought! :D

I only do orders under one name if they are MY REGULAR CUSTOMERS who will come back to me if they have a problem (aka close friends) or if they are really items for me that I'm ordering to replace cash and carry.

Anyone ordering at a booth will likely not know the name of the host under whose name you submitted it, and they might not remember your name for that matter.

Most things are not guaranteed for life, only a few are, but these absolutely should be submitted under a separate order. Ditto for stoneware and frequently returned items, like anything that cuts.

I have a question about combining peoples orders together in Mystery Host parties. Don't you have to combine their orders to get them their deals? I assume you put it all under one persons name but give an individual receipt out to everyone else - Just making sure it is written on their receipt who's name the order is officially under? Is that right?

BTW this may be a stupid question, but in what time zone does this site originate? The time is 5 hours ahead of EST.

Yes, on the Mystery Host Shows, all of the hosts are combined under one person. I make that person ME, to alleviate a whole lot of hassles on warranty issues. I can always do the return for them, even if I were to ever decide to quit Pampered Chef. BUT, all of my Mystery Hosts know that and agree to that before they participate. They are not surprised later. ;)

And mine shows my time zone here in Japan ... 11:01 AM on Sunday.

Well, happy Sunday! Thanks for the help on the orders. I think I will try this for January even though my contact list isn't that long. What do you think about advertising this at a vendor event?

Since you are brand new to the business, I would recommend that you concentrate on booking shows at your booth. You are much more likely to get bookings off of shows to keep your calendar full vs. obtaining bookings from a Mystery Host Show. ;) I do the Mystery Host Show in November to help boost my SAT (Sell-A-Thon) sales. I don't do it any other time of the year.

OK. So the SAT aren't every month? I still may try to do it in January b/c of the extra $ and b/c I only have 2 shows booked so far. I saw this bizarre advertised that I'm doing, and it includes tupperware, tastefully simple and others. Hopefully that means those that come are looking for our products instead of just hand made crafts. PC was also advertised!! I've seen others say that booths can go both ways, so I'm trying to be realistic about it.

SAT is only two months each year (Nov & May). Your sales during those 2 months can earn you the different level packages of the upcoming new products.

Jan would be a REALLY good month to do a Mystery Host show because of the Extra Free Product Value! :D Advertise it early, get your participants & then don't hold it open too long. 5-7 days is best, but try to not go over 10 days. If you hold it open too long, people procrastinate on ordering & then change their mind.

Here's a thread where I explained what I do at booths & what works for me. Maybe it will help give you some ideas: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/lost-booth-57911/

Thanks Sheila! I had my two shows in the first 2 weeks in November and hit level 2, but December has been a different story. I had 2 shows scheduled, but one got snowed out and changed to January. I have a catalog show that is only at @ $50 and is not looking hopeful, so I don't think I will get the free product for December. My booth is the last thing I have on the books for this month so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I will get several bookings and I would love to get enough orders to call it a show of my own, but I know that might not happen. We will see.

I combine orders for a booth if it's for things like cookbooks or other small priced items where they are not concerned with a warranty. If I sell a stone or something breakable I use a seperate order for that. For offerering free shipping, if they paid with a credit card when you show the payment, delete the full amount owed and fill in with whatever you charged them, then hit the button again to bring up the rest and call that a consultant gift. That's what I did with my Black Friday sale when everyone got 20% off.

1. How do I access the P3 system for order entries?

To access the P3 system for order entries, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef consultant account. Once logged in, click on the "My Business" tab and select "P3 Orders" from the drop-down menu. This will take you to the P3 order entry page.

2. What information do I need to enter an order on P3?

To enter an order on P3, you will need the customer's name, contact information, and the products they wish to purchase. You will also need to select the shipping method and payment information. Make sure to double-check all information before submitting the order.

3. I'm having trouble entering an order on P3, what should I do?

If you are experiencing difficulties with entering an order on P3, please check your internet connection and make sure you are using a supported web browser. If the issue persists, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer support for assistance.

4. Can I make changes to an order after it has been submitted on P3?

Yes, you can make changes to an order after it has been submitted on P3. However, you will need to contact customer support to make any modifications or cancellations. Please note that changes may not be possible if the order has already been processed for shipping.

5. How can I track my order on P3?

To track your order on P3, log in to your consultant account and click on the "My Business" tab. Select "P3 Orders" from the drop-down menu and click on the order number you wish to track. This will take you to the order details page, where you can view the current status and tracking information for your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MeredithG
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • momnixon