• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Backlash From a Booth..how Would You Handle This Situation?

I just don't think it hurts to send a little something like that again.You sent her a $25 gift in the past. You don't have to send her another one.
kittychef
I did a booth back in September. I had a drawing, I was giving away a free show and an extra 25% off at the show. I had winners because well everyone's a winner and if they didn't want to book a show I sent them a SB cookbook. Well one of the winners has been harrassing me via email. She has not received her gift. Eventhough I mailed it 4 times already. Tonight she sent me another email blasting me. I've apologized but really I have no control over the postal service. She keeps saying that the "prize" was just a rouse to get shows well I didn't get a show from her and I STILL sent her her prize 4 times now!! I've even called her to follow up and see if she got it. It's not like it was going far! Her town's about 10 miles from mine.
I want to respond to her email in a professional manner and pretty much tell her that it'll be best if we parted ways and that I will not receive her ill spirited emails anymore (I'm planning to block her)
Any ideas on how to tell her to leave me the he$8 alone without saying that??!:grumpy:

Thanks!!

What were you sending her? A SB? If you give in and send her another one, next time send it with delivery confirmation. She didn't pay for anything. You don't have to keep sending her these. For all you know, she's collecting them to give out as gifts or something. ;)

Yeah that's what my husband said that she's collecting them. I didn't think of doing a delivery conformation because I asked her to even meet me somewhere and I could give it to her but she kept saying to mail it to her

No way. Drive to her home and hand deliver just one more. Then you know for sure she got it and the harassing emails will stop. Let her know that at this point hand delivery is the only available option to ensure she receives her prize once and for all. I too believe she's trying to scam you.

I don't believe for one minute that she didn't receive ANY of the four?!?!?! But to go to all the trouble of writing hateful emails for another $1 cookbook? Really? I guess it just takes me too much energy to be that nasty, but I just don't see that either. I don't know if she was wanting something else but I can't imagine that she didn't get it. I would not want to hand deliver it because I wouldn't want to deal with her face to face - I'd go with delivery confirmation although that is a little extra.

I'm sorry you have had to have interaction with a woman who, apparently, is a very unhappy woman I would presume. I would go with delivery confirmation, because I personally, would not want to see this woman again. I would send her an email that I was sending her gift via USPS with a delivery confirmation, and wish her a happy holiday season and be done with it. I really don't know what her "angle" is, besides being crabby and greedy, but that is how I would handle it. Hope this blows over soon for you :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I had to laugh. Why else would you collect their information but to try to get business out of it? Of course that's why you did the drawing - anyone who doesn't know that and calls it a "rouse" is just ...stupid. You were very generous to give everyone a season's best at all let alone what you did for her. She's just being a jerk. Block her emails. Personally I wouldn't send her another SB - if you do hear from her again tell her to complain to the post office to find out where the FOUR SB's you already sent are.

In the future if you want to give everyone something make it a discount on a future order or have the items there to hand out. That cost you a lot of money (books and mailing) for little retun and a lot of grief from her.

Bless and release and don't let her cause any more issues for you - consider the source.

Thanks girls! I did block her email this morning after yet again another email. She just said " November 20th nothing again...surprise surprise!!" For Pete's sake it's 9:30 in the morning! Give the postman a chance to get to the house!
She did say that she buys PC from time to time and she was sure she wasn't going to buy frome me
In the past I've done the same, a $25 gift card to be redeemed at time of show and a SB cookbook and I've never had anything like this happen.
I do worry she's going to call HO and complain. Oh well I guess you just can't please everyone

Wow! When we lived in a low pop. area we didn't get the mail until at least 10:30. Now where we live (more populated) we don't get it until 1:30 or later (sometimes 5pm!)

Bless and release. Ditto on the delivery confirmation, then dismiss anything she writes or says. Her life does not have too much good going on, so she is taking it out on you. If you want her off your back, tell her you have printed out all her correspondence and have an appointment with an attorney to secure a restraining / do not contact order and will proceed if she chides, screams, or sends hateful email again. Wish her well with her current products and get some space.

Thanks girls! I did block her email this morning after yet again another email. She just said " November 20th nothing again...surprise surprise!!" For Pete's sake it's 9:30 in the morning! Give the postman a chance to get to the house!
She did say that she buys PC from time to time and she was sure she wasn't going to buy frome me
In the past I've done the same, a $25 gift card to be redeemed at time of show and a SB cookbook and I've never had anything like this happen.
I do worry she's going to call HO and complain. Oh well I guess you just can't please everyone

If she calls and complains..big deal! Not like HO is going to hunt you down. You've nothing to worry about.Forget about this woman.

Yes, hit the big DELETE button in your mind where she is concerned. You did the booth to get business, and you will get nothing but grief from her. Just imagine her as a host or customer = nightmare!! :yuck:

Sandi

Wow, I wouldn't want this person as a host either! What a weirdo! I suppose she didn't give out crazy vibes at your booth...sometimes the crazies can hide it well.

I would be tempted to write one more email, telling her
1) Booths are a way for you to build your business, and yes, the prize of a SB is an incentive to book a show
2) You mailed 4 Season's Best cookbooks to her address, and quote her address. If you can remember the dates that might be something to add.
3) You offered to hand deliver one, since there seems to be a problem with deliveries to her address.
4) Agree that she should seek another consultant for her PC needs.

No way would I send a 5th one with delivery confirmation, that is like $5 because it has to go priority and the minimum priority fee is just under $5.
If she complains to HO, you can forward her rants as proof of insanity.
I wouldn't block her email because I am selfish - if she sends some other rant it would be funny to hear what it was, tee hee.

Sorry this happened to you. Looks like you are new to PC and I have to tell you, I have NEVER heard of a whackaloon like this one. Please don't let it put you off doing booths!

I would tell her to follow up with local post office. Since she loves to complain, I am sure she would like the opportunity to find someone new to vent to. I am sure she must have received AT LEAST one of the SB. She is probably a slob and it is in a pile somewhere, but is easier to ask for another one than to look for it. If she has a PO maybe they are holding it for her, if it doesn't fit in the box.

All I can say is WOW. Bless and release. She should be glad that you aren't as crazy as she is. You know where she lives. People don't think.

I have to say that you are nice enough to give everyone a SB! I usually just do a free kitchen show and nothing else!

Yes, the SB is nice.
We all know she is either lying about getting them, or there truly is something wrong with the address/getting them delivered/lost in a pile of mail.
the PO makes mistakes, but they don't lose 4!

Even if she DID call HO and you ended up talking to them, they are more than reasonable and wouldn't do a darn thing to you. THey'd be on your side- especially with emails from her as proof.But she probably got them and never opened them and stuck them in a pile. You'll know when she found them when she stops emailing you. I would send one more- with Delivery Confirmation. Depending on cost- I'd probably make it something she has to sign for. *hahaha* But at the very least Deliv.Conf. And then email her the tracking number and tell her to p*ss off . LOL..Ok...don't say that last part, but tell her that you will not be mailing any more. And if she EVER calls you/emails you for products or hosting, RUN THE OTHER WAY! Tell her you'll find her another consultant. Bless and release and do something fun to forget this woman. She's nuts!

I agree with ShellBeach's approach on the 'one more email,' as I think that is a professional way to end it. I'm sorry you've had someone hassle you over this. I agree that you don't want her as a host or customer either! Imagine if something broke and she sent you emails every day she had to wait for her replacement (particularly if she needed to mail in proof first!)

esavvymom said:
Even if she DID call HO and you ended up talking to them, they are more than reasonable and wouldn't do a darn thing to you. THey'd be on your side- especially with emails from her as proof.

But she probably got them and never opened them and stuck them in a pile. You'll know when she found them when she stops emailing you. I would send one more- with Delivery Confirmation. Depending on cost- I'd probably make it something she has to sign for. *hahaha* But at the very least Deliv.Conf. And then email her the tracking number and tell her to p*ss off . LOL..Ok...don't say that last part, but tell her that you will not be mailing any more. And if she EVER calls you/emails you for products or hosting, RUN THE OTHER WAY! Tell her you'll find her another consultant.

Bless and release and do something fun to forget this woman. She's nuts!

I don't know why so many of you are advising her to spend at least another $5 on this woman. She send 4 books already which has cost her probably close to $10 between the books and postage. Enough. I would tell the woman thay I have done everything I can and drop it. Tell her you would consider filing charges for harrassment if she keeps bothering you. This is rediculous. Let it go now. Don't spend any more money on something that won't give you anything. She'll still not be happy so why bother.

Normally I'm all about CS but in this case she has taken it way too far and I'd wash my hands of her.

BethCooks4U said:
I don't know why so many of you are advising her to spend at least another $5 on this woman. She send 4 books already which has cost her probably close to $10 between the books and postage. Enough. I would tell the woman thay I have done everything I can and drop it. Tell her you would consider filing charges for harrassment if she keeps bothering you. This is rediculous. Let it go now. Don't spend any more money on something that won't give you anything. She'll still not be happy so why bother.

Normally I'm all about CS but in this case she has taken it way too far and I'd wash my hands of her.

I agree.

If she wants one that bad and you want to do something, make her come to you!

That's why there is a BLOCK option in email programs. It's your business. If YOU don't want to do business with crazy, you don't have to.

Well guess what??!!! I sent her a very NICE pretty much kiss my butt email. And I reminder her of what she said that she would never buy products from me ever. Well she got her little packet today...go figure! LOL!!

Some people are so abusive.

OK, so now I'm curious...did she get ONE on the 20th? Or did all four packages (with different postage dates) arrive together?

I am so sorry you had to deal with this! I had it happen to me one time when I did an ugly scraper contest at my shows. One guest thought it meant that I would give a new FREE scraper to every single person who brought one. This customer didn't have the worst scraper so she didn't win. The ugly scraper she brought with her was a PC one and in bad shape so in a good faith effort to stand behind our products (it was out of the guarantee time) I offered to purchase her a new one and told her I would add it to her order. I accidently forgot and boy did she give me a hard time about it. I got a nasty email and phone call the day she got her order and it wasn't in there. I made it right, but still some people!

Related to Backlash From a Booth..how Would You Handle This Situation?

1. What is considered "backlash" from a booth at an event?

Backlash from a booth at an event refers to negative feedback or reactions from attendees or other vendors at the event.

2. How common is it to experience backlash from a booth at an event?

Unfortunately, experiencing backlash from a booth at an event is not uncommon. It can happen for various reasons, such as a poorly set up booth, unappealing products, or aggressive sales tactics.

3. What is the best way to handle backlash from a booth at an event?

The best way to handle backlash from a booth at an event is to remain calm and professional. Listen to the concerns of those giving the backlash and try to address them in a respectful manner. It can also be helpful to have a plan in place for handling negative feedback before the event.

4. Is it necessary to respond to every negative comment or reaction at the event?

It may not be necessary to respond to every negative comment or reaction at the event, especially if it is coming from someone who is not genuinely interested in your products. However, it is important to address any valid concerns or feedback in a respectful manner.

5. How can I prevent backlash from a booth at future events?

To prevent backlash from a booth at future events, it is important to have a well-designed and visually appealing booth that showcases your products effectively. It is also important to have friendly and approachable staff who can engage with attendees in a positive manner. Additionally, listening to and addressing any feedback or concerns from previous events can help improve your booth for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PChefRenee