• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Follow up Issues-Need Help With Words to Use

In summary, the speaker discusses their experience at a women's expo where they shared a booth with a friend and split up their leads. They received 9 leads, but one was not interested. The grand prize was $25 in free product and the second prize was a free cooking show. The speaker has already contacted their grand prize winner and offered $50 free for booking a cooking show. They are considering offering the first prize to all entrants, but are struggling with finding the right words to use. The speaker shares a script they use when calling and emailing winners, mentioning that they usually get a good response. They have had success getting bookings from bazaars in the past.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I am such a chicken! :( I did a booth at a women's expo on Sunday. I shared my slot with my recruit and friend. We split up our leads and all is well. I have 9 leads but ones a dud. Anyway the grand prize was $25 in free product and 2nd prize a free cooking show.

I've already called my grand prize winner and offered $50 free for booking a cooking show, it was consensus of what many were offering that were working various shifts over weekend. And since it's people you don't know it's a worthy investment for the new leads it could generate.

Well she said she doesn't do well with getting people to come to parties at home but was interested in a catalog party! I'd prefer cooking party but since she' nearly an hour away a catalog party is actually preferred.

Anyway I'm seriously considering letting everyone who entered win 1st prize because I just can't find the comfortable words to use for the free cooking show! I know I just need to face the fear and do it because all that will happen is they will say no thanks and life will go on!! But my main issue is words and how to make it sound more positive than well you didn't win my grand prize but for a consolation I'll bring some ingredients to your house! I need some sort of script. I tried calling my director for help and encouragement but I didn't get her which I expected since she's out of town for her other job! Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd like to try to make a few more calls tonight. As my 1 cooking and catalog from the 2 calls I've made aren't going to earn me conference! TIA!

Just call them and introduce yourself. If you remember something about them, comment on that (cute sweater, kids, etc). Then tell them that you are happy to announce they are a winner! Winner of a free kitchen show! They will usually ask what that is and this is where you go into the description. Write yourself a call script and practice a couple times for. Or call and friend and practice in person (who knows maybe they'll book with you too!).

People are not likely to remember the prize at all and certainly not whether it was the grand prize, etc.

Here's what I e-mail people. I usually call, leave a voicemail saying it was great meeting them at the expo/fair and I'm so excited that they won (I don't go into detail of what they won) and I'll send an e-mail, then immediately send this e-mail.

Congratulations! You won the door prize from the Pampered Chef booth at the fair. The prize is a free Cooking Party. We just need to find a good date to have the party. You'll invite your friends and family. I even send the invitations for you because I want you to be pampered. I'll bring the ingredients and teach everyone how to make a quick, easy and budget-friendly recipe. Everyone gets to eat and shop and then you pick out free products. It's a lot of fun, and you could end up with as much as $215 worth of free kitchen products.

Please let me know if you would like me to call you to arrange a date and a good time to reach you. I have your home # of xxx-xxx-xxxx.

The prize is good through the end of June. If you choose not to claim the prize, please let me know so that I can award it to someone else.

Looking forward to cooking with you!

When I call people and get their voicemail, here's what I say:

"Hi ___, this is PChockeymom with the PC. Sorry I missed you! I'm calling with the results of my raffle you entered at the bazaar Saturday! My number is______. Talk to you soon!"

The last time I did a bazaar, I left 34 messages, got 32 returned calls. Most think they won the grand prize. I tell them they didn't win the gift certificate, but the did win an even better prize - a free cooking show! I then say, "Won't it be great fun, you get to get together with your friends, have a party, and I buy the food, fix it, and even do the dishes! I making ____ this month for my shows and I know you and your friends will just love it. How does that sound? Are weekends or weeknights better for you? ..."

I got 8 shows from that one bazaar and I have about 12 leads from people who may do a show this spring/summer.

First of all, congratulations on your successful booth at the women's expo! It sounds like you and your recruit/friend had a great time and garnered some leads. It's totally understandable to feel nervous about making those follow-up calls, but remember that you are offering a great opportunity for your potential customers to earn free products and have a fun cooking experience.It's great that you have already called your grand prize winner and offered her a $50 free product bonus for booking a cooking show. That's a smart move and a great way to incentivize her. As for the other leads, it's totally up to you whether you want to offer them the first prize as well. If you feel comfortable doing so, then go for it! Otherwise, you can always offer them a smaller incentive for booking a party, such as a discount or free product.When it comes to offering the free cooking show, remember that you are not just giving away free ingredients. You are offering an experience and an opportunity to learn new recipes and techniques. You can emphasize this by saying something like, "Congratulations, you have won our grand prize of a free cooking show! This is a chance for you and your friends to have a fun and interactive cooking experience, while also earning free products. Are you interested in setting up a date for your show?" You can also mention that you are willing to work with them to find a date and time that works for them.I hope this helps and gives you some ideas for your follow-up calls. Remember, the worst that can happen is that they say no, but you never know unless you try. I believe in you and know that you can do it! Keep up the great work and don't get discouraged. Every call is a learning experience and brings you closer to achieving your goals. Best of luck to you!

1. How do I follow up with customers who have expressed issues with their purchase?

The best approach is to address their concerns promptly and professionally. Begin by thanking them for bringing the issue to your attention and apologize for any inconvenience they may have experienced. Then, offer to assist them in finding a solution to their problem.

2. What are some appropriate words to use when following up with customers?

Some effective words to use when following up with customers include "thank you," "sorry," "apologize," "resolve," "assist," and "solution." These words show empathy and a willingness to help, which can help to ease the customer's frustration.

3. How can I effectively communicate with customers who are dissatisfied with their purchase?

The key to effective communication is to remain calm, listen to the customer's concerns, and respond with understanding and empathy. Use positive language and avoid blaming the customer or making excuses. Offer solutions and be willing to work with the customer to find a resolution.

4. How do I prevent follow up issues with customers in the future?

The best way to prevent follow up issues is to ensure that the customer's needs and expectations are met from the beginning. This includes providing accurate product information, delivering products in a timely manner, and offering excellent customer service. Regularly following up with customers to gather feedback and address any concerns can also help prevent future issues.

5. Is it necessary to follow up with customers after resolving their issue?

Following up with customers after resolving their issue is a crucial step in maintaining good customer relationships. It shows that you value their feedback and are committed to providing excellent service. It also provides an opportunity to ask for their continued support and feedback, which can help improve your business in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kittychef