• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for My First Booth Setup: Ideas Welcome!

In summary, the author is doing her first booth this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any words of advice for her. She is planning to have the New Consultant Kit, forged cutlery, stainless and executive 8" skillets, and the new products available. She plans to give out mini-catalogs in exchange for drawing slips, do a drawing to get some leads, and be ready to greet when people pass by. The most important thing is to talk to the other vendors. She generally has more response with an actual prize that people can see than with offering a free show.
malori
I am doing my first booth this weekend, and I was just wondering if anyone had any words of advice for me!

I am planning on displaying the New Consultant Kit along with info about the biz, having some of the forged cutlery available for demo (along with September Host Special flyer), stainless and executive 8" skillets (with October host special flyer), and possibly displaying the new products.

I plan on giving out mini-catalogs in exchange for a complete drawing slip, and then doing a drawing to get some leads. I have some door prize type things from a supply order and thought about also drawing for a "FREE" cooking show (where I would provide the groceries).

Anybody have any constructive critisism or ideas for me? I'm all ears!

I dont like the "Free Show" idea. Sorry.
Don't offer the catalog to everyone unless it's an old one. Have your business cards and recipe cards to give out. I do keep some catalogs hidden to give to buying customers. Be ready to tell how you use a product if someone shows an intrest in it.
Be standing ready to greet when people pass by. If you have a moment when no-one is in your booth, greet those that are just walking by.
Most important! Anytime you can get out of your booth talk to the other vendors. They are usually my best customers. They can also inform you you of future events.
If you see something in another booth that you want, offer a trade instead of buying it. Good luck!

I generally have more response with an actual prize that people can see than with offering a free show. It's more of an attention getter. Definitely talk to the other vendors. Make sure your table isn't too cluttered. Engage everyone you can. Don't go out and grab them, that's assault. Smile, greet them, be friendly.

What type of prizes do you guys typically draw for?

Thanks for your ideas so far!

Double check with your event person that it's okay for you to have knives. I've done booths where they were not allowed.

Good point! I will check on that!

malori said:
What type of prizes do you guys typically draw for?

Thanks for your ideas so far!

I've used different things like a tool turnabout or sometimes I offer to let them pick out anything from the catalog for $20.

A big hit at fairs I did this summer was the garlic press and peeler. I bought a bunch of garlic and had it out for people to try. I also had lemons and the press. It smelled so nice when people went by. I bring my tool-turn about with all my tools. It takes little space on a table, and brings people in. The layout is very important. People don't like to walk into a booth I've found. I set one table right in front of my booth, so people can touch, touch, touch. I too, always have the kit displayed (I've been doing the mini kit), tool turn-about and a few key items. Simple and classy table set-up. I ALWAYS get people to fill out information by giving them an old catalog or a mini and asking if they will fill out the slip so I can get them a new full size catalog.

Thanks for all the advice y'all. I called today to check on the knives, and that was a no go! So, I won't be bringing my knives. I'm just going to do a display with some of the forged cutlery info and September Host Special Flyer! Keep it coming. I'm getting NERVOUS!

What are some general tips for setting up my first Pampered Chef booth?

When setting up your first Pampered Chef booth, it's important to make a good first impression. Here are some general tips to keep in mind:

• Ensure that your booth is clean, organized, and visually appealing.
  • Use a tablecloth or backdrop to make your booth stand out.
  • Display products in an attractive and inviting way.
  • Have plenty of business cards and order forms available for customers.
  • Engage with potential customers and be knowledgeable about the products you are selling.

What should I include in my booth setup to showcase the products effectively?

The key to showcasing Pampered Chef products effectively is to create a visually appealing and interactive display. Here are some ideas to consider:

• Set up a demonstration station where customers can see the products in action.
  • Use props or food items to demonstrate the functionality of certain products.
  • Display products in groupings or bundles to show how they can be used together.
  • Include before and after photos or testimonials from satisfied customers.
  • Have product catalogs and recipe books available for customers to browse through.

How can I make my booth stand out from others at events?

Standing out from other booths at events can be a challenge, but there are a few things you can do to make your booth more attractive to potential customers.

• Consider offering free samples or hosting a cooking demonstration to draw people in.
  • Use eye-catching signage or banners to promote your booth.
  • Incorporate interactive elements, such as a game or raffle, to engage with attendees.
  • Offer exclusive event discounts or promotions to entice customers to make a purchase.
  • Make your booth inviting and welcoming with good lighting, music, and a friendly attitude.

Should I have a theme for my booth setup?

Having a theme for your booth can make it more memorable and help to create a cohesive and professional look. Here are some ideas for themes you can use:

• Seasonal themes (e.g. summer BBQ, holiday baking)
  • Color themes (e.g. using your company's brand colors)
  • Cooking or kitchen-related themes
  • Family or home-themed setups
  • Collaborating with other vendors for a joint theme

How can I make the most of a smaller booth space?

If you have a smaller booth space, it's important to make the most of every inch. Here are some tips to maximize a smaller booth:

• Use vertical space by hanging products or using shelves to display items.
  • Utilize the space under your table for storage or to display smaller items.
  • Consider using a table runner instead of a full tablecloth to save space.
  • Use creative and compact ways to display products, such as using tiered trays or baskets.
  • Make sure your booth is tidy and clutter-free to avoid overwhelming customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jcsmilez
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Monica9498
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Booths