• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Booth Tips for Success: How to Stand Out and Attract Visitors

In summary, Jenn is new to the PC family and has a recruiter moving away. She is attending a booth hosted by the recruiter and has three concerns. The first is that it is strictly informational and has not been successful in the past. The second is that she does not have a lot of product to display and would like some advice on how to make her tables look full without it actually being full. The third is that there will be a lot of other vendors at the booth and how to make her table stand out.
Kasper2010
Hey everybody! My name is Jenn and I am still pretty new to the PC family. My recruiter is moving away and had signed up for a booth to be held this weekend and contacted me Friday and offered it to me. I took it, of course, since I didnt have any parties scheduled that day. I just have 3 concerns:

1. It is a strictly informational booth
Has anybody had any success at these?
What can I expect since I am not allowed to take orders or demo any products?

2. I just hit my 30 days today, so I dont have a lot of product to display
Any tips oh how to make my tables LOOK full without it actually being full?
Any tips on how to draw people to my booth?
Will this hurt my chances of getting people to come to my booth and take me seriously when trying to recruit?

3. There will be A LOT! (over 100) other vendors
How can I decorate my table to stand out but not spend an arm and a leg?

I have been reading all booth threads on here for the last 3 days and have found tons of great ideas and also overwhelmed myself!

Any advice or tips will be welcome!

Last edited:
Anybody? I am open to ANY suggestions!

Are you allowed to do a drawing? I'd make sure you have your drawing slips there (if you don't have any, or don't feel like you have enough, there are plenty here in the files section!), and do a drawing for a "FREE" Cooking show, or a $15 gift certificate (available only through you) or something that you don't necessarily have to have on hand! This is the best way to get contact information!

Listen to the audio in the Online Training Center called "Booths Build Business!"

mountainmama74 said:
Are you allowed to do a drawing?

Yep, I am allowed to do a drawing. Actually, I am told I have to do a drawing. I am going to be putting the Medium Round Stone up.

Usually the idea of booths is to get contacts and bookings, not sales. If someone wants to order and you can't take it there, give them an order form and take their info and call them, or send them to your website.
Set up the new consultant kit, and make a flyer about recruiting.

Kasper2010 said:
Yep, I am allowed to do a drawing. Actually, I am told I have to do a drawing. I am going to be putting the Medium Round Stone up.

If you don't want to be doing a drawing for a product specifically (unless the booth rules state such), many of us have done "Party in a Bag" type drawings. I put a reusable grocery bag on display with ingredients to a recipe (usually a pasta one- because the tomatos, garlic, pasta, etc look so good. (I had to put an empty box in the bottom, then some tissue paper or raffia or something to cover it up...then put in the ingredients. I always include a current Seasons Best and sometimes and older one. You can choose to include a smaller product or Gift Certificate if you want (make it a GC that can only be used through you). ANyway- then they can register for the Free Cooking Show and all of it's goodies....this HELPS eliminate leads that are just in it for the free stuff, and you'll get more who are willing and wanting to do a Cooking Show. It's not ALWAYS that way....but it helps!

Bobbi
I love that idea. I will double check with the fair and find out. Thanks for all the suggestions

I have gone to giving a gift certificate as the drawing prize. I make a flyer and put it in a frame by the drawing slips and box. Almost every winner has ordered more than the amount they won. I have been lucky in that the winner has always been from my hometown or close by.

1. How do I set up an attractive booth display?

The key to creating an attractive booth display is to use height, color, and variety. Use risers or shelves to add height to your products and make them stand out. Incorporate pops of color with tablecloths, banners, and product packaging. Also, don't be afraid to mix and match different products to create an eye-catching display.

2. How can I engage with potential customers at my booth?

Engaging with potential customers is crucial for a successful booth. Smile and greet everyone who walks by, and be approachable and friendly. Offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice customers. Also, have a conversation with them and ask about their needs and interests to determine which products may be a good fit for them.

3. What are some effective ways to promote my booth at an event?

There are a few effective ways to promote your booth at an event. Utilize social media to advertise your presence at the event and offer a sneak peek of the products you will have available. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for customers who visit your booth. Lastly, consider partnering with other vendors or event organizers to cross-promote each other's booths.

4. How should I handle sales transactions at my booth?

Make sure to have a secure and organized system in place for handling sales transactions at your booth. Consider using a mobile payment app or having a designated cash box with enough change. Have a system for tracking sales and keeping inventory so you can restock products as needed. Also, provide customers with a receipt and thank them for their purchase.

5. What are some tips for following up with potential customers after the event?

Following up with potential customers after the event is crucial for building relationships and making sales. Collect contact information from interested customers at the event and send them a personalized email or message thanking them for visiting your booth. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for their first purchase. Follow up a few weeks after the event to see if they have any questions or are interested in placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katreallycooks
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Jennie50