• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Multi Vendor Church Booth and Support Children's Activities

In summary, the organizer wants you to pay $25 for the booth AND donate a prize for the raffle AND donate all of your commission. This doesn't seem fair to me, so I would either set it up as a fundraiser or enter it as a regular show. For the raffle, they want you to give anything.
sburnside
Gold Member
I received an invitation from a recent guest and possible future host to participate in her church's upcoming fundraiser. I can see the possibility of prospects but I will be out a lot initially. They basically want me to give all my profits (after cost of catalogs, etc.) to them for their children's activities. This is a country church that is about 30 minutes from me and this is the first time for the fundraiser so there's no way to tell how it may go. At this point, the postcards are not yet printed and she didn't know what newspapers they were advertising in. I would be out my Saturday as well as a raffle prize in addition to my proceeds. What do you guys think? Here's her e-mail...

The fundraiser is to raise money for the children's activities at our church (Day Camp, Preschool, etc.) We are having a plant sale, bake sale, manicures, massages, children's tea, and Direct Sales Consultants booths. We currently have Longaberger, Silpada, Tupperware, and Mary Kay. We are charging a $25 booth fee up front to cover advertising and asking that the consultants donate a raffle prize and proceeds (the $25 is deducted from the proceeds that the consultant is donating). The advertising is flyers, newspaper ads, and postcards for consultants to send to their contacts. Would you be interested?

Well, if you set it up as a fundraiser, the proceeds (10%-15%) will go towards the church without it coming out of your pocket. You can donate a portion of your commission in addition to that if you wish. I would do it because it can generate sales, bookings, recruit leads.

They want you to pay $25 for the booth AND donate a prize for the raffle AND donate all of your commission? That doesn't sound fair to me.

Instead of donating ALL of your commission (unless you want to) if I were you I'd #1) set it up as a fundraiser and let them get those benefits OR #2) enter it as a regular show and give them a nice donation (whatever you think is fair) and keep the host benefits for myself. For the raffle, do they specifically want a product or could you give them a gift certificate redeemable only through you?

Yes, they want all that! That's why I am so torn on attending this one.

I like the idea of setting it up as a fundraiser and then maybe some of those involved would get some extra orders and make it more worthwhile. Then, I'd still be getting commission.

For the raffle, I could give anything. Maybe if they go for the fundraising option, I'll give a $15 gift certificate that's increased to $25 if they host a show.

Thanks for your input. Any other ideas?

I'd go at it like a fundraiser. The part I don't like its they are making postcards for you to send to your customer base to support their church. Are they doing anything else to drum up support? If not yes you will get contacts from the other direct sales reps but that's about it.

pamperedlinda said:
They want you to pay $25 for the booth AND donate a prize for the raffle AND donate all of your commission? That doesn't sound fair to me.
PLUS send out postcards to your customer base! That can add up quickly!

How large is the congregation at the church? If it's small, then most of your contacts will be from the other vendors.

That's a tough call, though. If you do go, I'd definitely submit all orders received as a FR, and then apply the bookings you get that day so that the church gets the $3 each. And keep your commission from it (and track all your expenses for this thing, including the postage you use, so that you can document that you didn't make anything there).

If I do this which I think I will, I'm going to add a blurb in my newsletter that goes out tonight or tomorrow. Then I'm not out postage - I had not even considered that cost.

I agree about offering our fund raiser program. As far as raffle item - how about $25 gift certificate off a $75 order or book a show and you'll apply $25 in additional free products!! Make a GC up yourself and they have to contact you to order. Chances are they will spend more than $75 anyway.
At least this way you aren't out any extra $$ without an order/customer contact. The table fee is reasonable, I think. The cost of new business oppty.
Good luck!

I talked to the organizer last night and told her I'd be there and would be setting up the day as a fundraiser. She's also willing to deliver to church members so I don't have to track people down. I am going to do a $15 gift certificate redeemable only through me and it's worth $25 if they book a show. I hope that works.

I'm really counting on a few leads, maybe even a recruit! I'll let you know how it goes.

For these type of things, I always make up my own GC, redeemable only by calling me, and give that as a door prize. Out of the past 4, not one has been redeemed.

I am doing this sort of thing this Saturday at a church here in Westland. The table was free, I am giving them a $25 GC, and, here's my extra.. I am offering $10 to them for every show booked and held. Now, PC will donate $3 of that, so I am out $7.

I have my website on the church's website, the info was in the bulletin, and I made up packets that some ladies already have, and will have more with me on Saturday. Everything will be sorted, bagged and delivered to the church for pickup.

They are asking for 20%, if I can get them to $600, I will only be out of pocket 5%. Wish me luck.

Let me know how it goes - Mine is next weekend. I'm guessing you wait until the show is held to give them the additional $7? Otherwise, I would be afraid that some would not follow through. That's a good addition that I think I'll include too.

sburnside said:
Let me know how it goes - Mine is next weekend. I'm guessing you wait until the show is held to give them the additional $7? Otherwise, I would be afraid that some would not follow through. That's a good addition that I think I'll include too.

yes, I will wait until the show is submitted. And when I submit the fundraiser, anyone who even indicated that they might want to host a show I put down. This way, in case they do, the charity will get their $3 from PC.

The $10 usu gets people thinking. I personally don't like catalog shows, but even a catalog show is ok with me for this. This past weekend I did a very, very small fundraiser for a lady with MS at her home. Low turnout, but one of the few people who did come offered to do a catalog show because of the $10 offer.

I will report back how I did after Saturday.

Well, I had the booth on Saturday and would have to call it a success. I have one show booked, sold lots of cash n carry, and made some excellent contacts. The success of my booth really was the cash and carry items. I didn't buy anything extra for this just took the extra products I had at home including some items I had recently purchased from the outlet for prizes.

I didn't go through the expense of sending out their postcards since it was not a local venue for me (about 35 minutes away). I did include the date in my monthly newsletter though.

I had only $80 in orders so I gave the church group 15% of the orders and cash n carry minus my expenses (mini-catalogs and gas). I got rid of some of my extras and the organizers were pleased with my donation. Many people picked up the small items for Mother's Day.

Sometimes fewer is better. There were only 10 tables set up besides the manicure station, massage room, and raffle drawings. There weren't a ton of people through by any means. However, those who came spent money! I'm not sure how well the other booths faired from from the day but I was pleased to make some money from inventory sitting at home that I didn't really need.

1. What is a Multi Vendor Church Booth?

A Multi Vendor Church Booth is a space within a church event or fundraiser where multiple vendors can set up and sell their products or services.

2. How can I participate as a vendor in a Multi Vendor Church Booth?

To participate as a vendor, you will need to contact the church or event organizers to inquire about availability and any fees or requirements for participating. You may also need to submit an application or provide information about your products or services.

3. What types of products or services are typically found at a Multi Vendor Church Booth?

Multi Vendor Church Booths can have a variety of products and services, but they often include items such as handmade crafts, baked goods, jewelry, home decor, and other unique and locally made items. Services such as massage or hairstyling may also be offered.

4. Is there a cost to attend a Multi Vendor Church Booth?

The cost to attend a Multi Vendor Church Booth may vary depending on the event and the vendor's individual fees. Some events may have a flat fee for all vendors, while others may charge a percentage of sales. It is best to inquire with the event organizers for specific pricing information.

5. Are there any guidelines or restrictions for selling at a Multi Vendor Church Booth?

Each event may have its own guidelines and restrictions. Some common guidelines include using only approved products and maintaining a family-friendly atmosphere. Some restrictions may include not selling certain items or services, such as alcohol or tobacco products. It is important to review and follow the guidelines set by the event organizers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • msunn1973
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cewcooks
  • PamperedChefDude