• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things I've Learned From Doing a Booth/Table

In summary, -Don't overdo the display!-If you do a drawing, keep it simple.-Have the prize slips in an open container so you can slip them back OUT and make notes about the person you spoke to....-Have your 30-second Commercial READY!-Know what you will say to a Recruit Lead or a Host lead!-Have a copy of your replacement parts list with you so you can hand it out to the customer.
Any Pictures of your lovely idea?
Kitchen set up sounds great!

I take the MFP and some graham crackers to give people a chance to try it out. I take a plastic baggie and save the crumbs for recipes later, at least that is my intention!

esavvymom said:
Ok. So it seems we are getting into a season of Craft and Vendor fairs again. I've learned tons from reading different threads in here, but thought I'd start a thread where maybe we could share a few things we've learned when we've done booths.I am finishing up a week-long consignment sale, so I've learned a few things this week:(1) Don't overdo the display! Too much product seems to scare people off. Most people didn't even look at what I did have out. A few new products, if you have them, and a few key products from your kit or in my case, I used Kid-Friendly products because it was a kid's sale.(2) If you do a drawing, keep it simple.
I did a Grocery Bag w/2 season's best (Fall/Spring). I offered it to people who seemed more interested in PC or who stopped to look at my booth. I didn't offer it to everyone who walked by. I did offer Recipe cards though to most everyone who walked by. (most people took them) (3) Have the prize slips in an open container so you can slip them back OUT and make notes about the person you spoke to....
(ie.- kids? Products you discussed? Did you hand her certain items- like a recruiting info packet? Did she express interest in certain items or things about PC? etc. )(4) This one I learned/realized today- my 'AHA! moment. When you can, try to get the prize drawing slip handed to you directly, and take a look at it! Do it to see what their name is and Thank the person by their first name. I found this allowed me a couple of KEY THINGS: One- I could verify that I could read their name and that I got a phone or email contact, and TWO- I could glance and see if they showed interest in the business opportunity or hosting a show, and could then proceed from there!*At my booth this week, I wish I had done #4 sooner. I had 8 recruit leads so far (30% of my entries!) and 12 Hosting leads (almost 50%)!!! Had I been looking at the slips, I could have passed out my recruiting information packets on the spot, and then followed up. Now I have to make phone calls to get them the packets and then the 2nd follow up. Would have been so much better.And (5) - this ties with #4- HAVE YOUR 30-second Commercial READY! Know what you will say to a Recruit Lead or a Host lead! I did #4 and saw one lady wanted to host a show and was a "maybe" as a recruit lead...I fumbled on my words something terrible! I did give her a packet for information (recruiting), and said I'd call her this weekend to follow up. But how terrible I must have looked/sounded. So have what you are going to say ready and know it!Ok- so anyone else want to share what you have learned from doing booths?
What type of recipe cards did you offer?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Energizermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies