• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Things I've Learned From Doing a Booth/Table

In summary, -Don't overdo the display!-If you do a drawing, keep it simple.-Have the prize slips in an open container so you can slip them back OUT and make notes about the person you spoke to....-Have your 30-second Commercial READY!-Know what you will say to a Recruit Lead or a Host lead!-Have a copy of your replacement parts list with you so you can hand it out to the customer.
PamperChefCarol said:
Things I have learned...

Indoor is always better than outdoors.

Was at a three day, Thurs, Fri and Sat festival this past weekend. Friday morning I got a call from the vendor beside me telling me to be prepared, most everyone's booths/tables were all over the parking lot, but mine was still standing. It took me an hour to reset it, but hey, it was still standing. That day, they closed the fair at 3 because of bad weather coming in. Satuday morning, I arrived to this. See photo

The tent is trashed, it took 3 guys with a roll of duct tape and stakes to get it to the point where it was standing, but not very well. It made it thru the day, without sides, and like I said, just barely staying on the ground.

All this being said, a few weak maybees, two recruit leads, 1 who would not leave her contact info and 1 mix n chop sold. Not one of my better adventures!

Oh Carol! How did your products fair? Did you loose anyting?

Things got wet, but all products were intact. Even the bread crock that I used to hold utensils. But it was an adventure.

Just had to report on my booth at the Farmer's Market that I have for the summer. Everything went pretty good for the first night.

I will definitely continue to hand out recipe cards.

You definitely get a different crowd at Farmer's Markets than home and garden type shows. I liked the fact that the leads we did get for the most part were not just signing up for the give away. I still feel a little overwhelmed by all the stuff you have to take but I think it will get better as time goes on.

At the one I'm at they encourage samples, demonstrations, etc. If you can get into a Farmer's Market that lets you do those things I think it helps.

Judy:)

*giving a bump since we are getting into this season (I've got one end of the month, and every month through Halloween- hopefully through December after this week!)*

Whenever a booth is shared with another consultant in our cluster, we always put our initals on the drawing slips. At the end of the event we go through and sort out the leads by initals. We then look over the slips and we share our leads that are closer to the other consultants home, so we don't have to travel along ways. We are pretty much scattered over the Dallas - Ft. Worth Metroplex and North, so it works out great for alot of us.

I keep small suckers for the kids to have. I always ask parents before I ask the kids if they would like one. This kinda breaks the ice and gives me an opportunity to ask a few more questions, without seeming to aggressive.

I offer a FREE KITCHEN SHOW to everyone who books a Kitchen Show with me at my booth or gets back with me with info they received at my booth. Everyone is always a winner.

When you say "free cooking show", do you mean you supply the food for the recipe you make at the party? Or is that just a clever way of saying that you'll come and do a party for them? Thanks!

My advice: Keep in contact with the registrants/don't completely write them off! I just had a lady contact me to do a show for her! She got an email from me about Kick Off!

Everyone I contact I mail them a SB cookbook.

ETA: I called everyone after every event. Most of the time, I get nice people, but sometimes I get people who don't know who I am! (Um, how did I get your #?) It can be discouraging, but worth it to keep in touch!

Last edited:
SuzcookinPC said:
When you say "free cooking show", do you mean you supply the food for the recipe you make at the party? Or is that just a clever way of saying that you'll come and do a party for them? Thanks!

Most of us mean we'll provide the food for the recipe. (I just make sure to specify 1 Demo Recipe- so someone doesn't think I'll bring ALL the food they want...not a caterer.)

Since they are getting that $15 Hospitality Bonus as part of their Host benefits, it's a $15-20 value usually.

*Bump* for the Spring/Summer booth season! :)

I'm doing a booth on Saturday and I am SOO pumped. Trying to get more sales for SAT in - so I have host packets ready for catalog shows and cooking shows, and a printed out calendar with highlights for free dates.Last one I did I had my drawing for a $25 gift certificate that goes up to $35 if they book a party. My winner is having a party next month, and is potentially setting up a registry with me as well so she'd have a bridal shower too!My only issue is that I don't have any signs or anything - I have to invest but have been waiting on it. All I have is product, printouts, and me in my apron, looking lovely and trying to draw people in - hopefully that'll be enough :)

andrealynne719 said:
I'm doing a booth on Saturday and I am SOO pumped. Trying to get more sales for SAT in - so I have host packets ready for catalog shows and cooking shows, and a printed out calendar with highlights for free dates.

Last one I did I had my drawing for a $25 gift certificate that goes up to $35 if they book a party. My winner is having a party next month, and is potentially setting up a registry with me as well so she'd have a bridal shower too!

My only issue is that I don't have any signs or anything - I have to invest but have been waiting on it. All I have is product, printouts, and me in my apron, looking lovely and trying to draw people in - hopefully that'll be enough :)

Check with your Director to see if she has a banner you can borrow.

NooraK said:
Check with your Director to see if she has a banner you can borrow.

Unfortunately, my director is a couple hours away from me. I'm the only one in my cluster in the metro Detroit area - everyone is further up north.

Something to think about in the future though :) When I have more than a day to pull things together!!

I just stickered the poo out of EVERYTHING. All my recruiting materials, mini cats, full catalogs, SBs....and came up with my door prize. Since I have no need for BBQ tools, and already have a CnS, I'm giving the hostess special away as a prize. Usually I do a gift cert but I made a little card for it saying 'Win me...for FREE! OR Host a show in June or July and get at 60% off!'
REALLY want at least one more June booking so I can hit the next level in SAT. And I want to get some July shows cause I want the new apron! Hoping it's NOT denim!!

Sorry- this got long....but I felt I should share what I learned...because when it can help!
I just finished working a mall event this weekend. I had three shifts (9 hrs total) over two of the three days. It was a busy shopping weekend (Tax-free back to school shopping).

I had recruiting packets and a few host packets for this month and next- ready to go. I actually "foof queen" wrapped them- so they were in clear bags with a twix-it clip to shut it, with curling ribbon all around the top. Looked really cool/special.

This was my most successful booth, for a few reasons. I knew what to say, and I got GOOD leads, not just drawing entries. We would offer someone a Free Recipe (to those who made eye-contact long enough for me to ask...those who obviously ignored/avoided, I didn't bother. I figured if they are that disinterested, they are not likely going to be a very good lead anyway. I know- a bit of pre-judging, but I was working on the clock here. They are adults.) So if they took one and kept walking, ok. Fine. But several would pause and look at it. That's when I pounced...I mean, started asking them questions or just conversation. Usually I'd ask "Are you familiar with the Pampered Chef?". If they hesitated or said no, or 'some', I'd give my 30-second commercial (which I took from CK's workshop notes! Thank you!) I had it memorized the day before so I was ready.

If they said "I LOVE the pampered chef" or " i have alot of stuff", I'd ask them what their favorite product was. We'd chat about it, then I'd invite them to enter our free drawing for the DCB we were giving away. (The NED I worked with had an extra, plus she gets a 40% discount....so we could afford to. But with the Fall Sample packages having a DCB at 50% off in them, that would be an easy one to snag up now for future events!)

So they'd fill out the slips. The drawing slips that they had were so simple. PC's are nice and all, but at an event like this, the writing is too small, and people are in a hurry. We just had Name/Number/Email (with mention of a newsletter under that)....then asked about interest in a LIVE Cooking Show for Free Products, etc (YES/NO/MAYBE), passing a catalog to your friends to earn free products, and the business opportunity. Again "YES, NO, MAYBE".

While they did that, we may have been talking more....sometimes about hosting a show- her experience attending one, hosting one, etc. I turned several "no"s into at least maybe's, and strong maybe's.

By not chasing down every person, by observing body language, my leads were more focused and warm to hot, versus people who just wanted to win something. I had 20 lead slips from the event....75% were warm-to-hot leads. 25% didn't check anything. Not bad!

OH, and I am still a HUGE advocate of making the person hand you the paper back! Don't put it in a box. Look at it- make sure you can read their name (Thank them by their first name!!) You'll be able to glance and see what they circled and go from there! I gave out 3 recruit packets because of this, plus 2 host packets. It opens up more conversation. Be sure to mention your newsletter (if you have one) - ask permission to add them. NO one turned me down. And try to remember to ask a "best time to call". You don't want to call at the wrong time and them be upset (been there done that!)

KNOW your 30-second commercial!
Here is what I used. It is from CK HALL, so I hope you don't mind if I share (it was in her workshop notes):

"So, are you familiar with the Pampered Chef? Well, we are just like the Food Network but LIVE in your home! What you do is invite your friends over and I come and cook a super easy and healthy recipe in 30 minutes or less while showing our amazing kitchen tools and how they make food prep and cooking a snap! Folks can shop at the show for the items they would like, we have lots of fun, and, as the host, you get FREE product and the whole catalog is on sale for YOU! What do you think? I'd love to do a cooking show for you! Does that sound like something you would be interested in?"

And then be able to handle Objections. I used this chart, and used it a few times to get someone from "no", to "ok- I'll check with some friends. I think we can do that.".

Being prepared with the words made all the difference. And once you got one successful lead, it energized you for more.

Wow, we are pulling this one out of the '09 archives, huh? LOLI'm guessing some of the newer consultants will be reading all the posts & be looking for answers to some of the older questions, so I'll address those too ...Women like things that are pretty. So make sure your booth is attractive. Not super busy and overwhelming, but more then 5 things on the table.Also go for HEIGHT when doing your display. It draws them to the table from down the row or sometimes from across the room.I don’t do giveaways. I don’t like the dead leads. I put up a sale on a tri-fold board (even if it’s just the host special) to get them to stop long enough that I can say hello. Once they are talking, game on! ;)At some point in my conversation every one is asked if they would like to sign up for my e-mail newsletter, which I send out once a month & contains a recipe of the month. Most who have stopped to chat say YES. I’ll have a few that say no, but that’s fine. One less dead lead. ;) I’ve actually had some say no, then chat long enough that they ended up booking a show & getting on the newsletter too. Not every time, but enough that I don’t look or sound disappointed when they say no. I'd rather walk away with 15-20 good leads than 100 bad ones. Call me lazy. LOLMany will volunteer how much they love PC which is my opening for hosting. “You should think about hosing a show so you can earn LOTS of items off your wish list for free & at a discount!” Most will ask what they have to do to host, which means I go further.If they don’t offer their PC opinion, I ask “So are you a big fan of Pampered Chef?” If they haven’t heard of it before I give them a quick synopsis that all the tools in our catalog have at least a 1 year warranty, some 3 years, some 5 years and then a few things like our cookware have a lifetime guarantee. I keep mini catalogs out on the table & hand them one. If they start liking everything they are seeing, I go in to the “You should think about hosting …” mode.If they are vocal about how much they LOVE PC or how they pretty much have everything in the catalog because they are such a fan I go the recruit route & tell “Well, if you are addicted to the product like me, you should consider becoming a consultant to support your addiction!” If they back down and say no I say (and this is true): “That was me! I had no desire to do it either but my hubby talked me into it. I loved it so much that here I am over 3 years later still doing it & loving it. I’ve actually promoted 4 times since then and I’m currently an Advanced Director which is level 5 of 9!” Then I just smile. Many will agree to look at the recruiting info.I allot how many catalogs I’m willing to hand out and keep them behind the table in my roll cart. If they specifically ASK for a full catalog, I’ll give them one. Otherwise, they get a mini. Once I’m out, I’m honest & just tell them that I ran out … then offer the mini with my web page where they can view the full catalog online. No complaints yet with that method.I do eat at my booths because I’m usually there by myself. When people walk up, I joke saying “oh, you caught me!” and they’ll laugh & encourage me to go ahead. I nibble while chatting (I don’t want them to hurry off because they feel guilty for disrupting my lunch) but I don’t take huge bites, talk with my mouth full or make them wait while I chew.When I started out, our team worked shifts. So there really wasn’t any “sharing” going on with the people who walked up to the table. Once I started building a team & bringing them in, I’d let 2 work at a time & just have them alternate customers who walked up to the table. That way they each had a fair opportunity at ½ the contacts.I'm all about quick set ups too. I don't want to be exhausted when the event starts. I do wait until quitting time to start taking down and I take my time! Especially if there are stragglers. Many of the vendors will be out the door prior to closing time or shortly thereafter leaving just a handful who are getting those last minute sales. :D

I have my first booth Saturday, am super excited, and love all of the advice!!

sherri lynn said:
I have my first booth Saturday, am super excited, and love all of the advice!!

Yea! Can't wait to hear about it afterward! :D

Great advice. Practicing word choices out loud will make a big difference. Glad you were able to put those responding to objections replies to use.

I also prefer leads who are genuinely interested or curious than having to filter through those hoping for a prize. I am like Bobbi. I wait for eye ctc, ask if they'd like a free recipe if they seem hesitant to come forward. As I give them their recipe, I ask if they know the Pampered Chef. If they're familiar...what's your favorite, must have product? If they say no, I tell them "Welcome to your new obsession!" Then I rave about our magic pot and margaritaville.

scottcooks said:
My best results are when I setup a single table and setup Just The Starter Kit, with some cash & carry items* on the other end.

I've done the 'make it look like your business' and setup a whole industrial kitchen (the market i do has a rolling steel countertop w/ wire shelves under, I supplied 2 industrial kitchen baker's racks on wheels, but it repeatedly took me 45+ minutes to setup and at least as long to tear down-- nobody bought the stoneware / bakeware / "stuff".

I'm SO excited about the 2 sauces this season--they are ideal for the crowd that shops this farmer's market.

*cash & carry items work best when wrapped in a cellophane bag w/ twixit clip on top. If it looks like a "gift", they can either 'be good to themselves' or 'buy it for a friend', and it's ready to give! I put my business card in the bottom, then some Easter grass, then the item, and a twixit that matches the eastergrass on top.

I do pamper my market guests and myself, by laying a cheapo foam puzzle mat underneath (- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices) or find one on craigslist, plus I put down a carpet remnant I got for $10 on top of it. LOOKS nice, feels great - and I don't have to worry about it getting gross; it's outside!

I do have a recipe/contact card liek the following:

I love this coupon Scott!! I've been desparately trying to make something just like this for a Fall/Holiday booth, using a different recipe, such as the apple cherry deep covered baker recipe. Can you explain to me how you got it in that format? I've tried cutting and pasting and it's not working. That's the extent of my computer skills, lol. Thanks for any advice!
Cathy

So glad I found this post. Thank you all for the advice. It's very helpful for a newbie like me. I went to Spring Launch in Tampa and heard a brief mention of booths and it immediately peaked my interest. For some reason, I thought we couldn't do them but I was happily surprised when I found out we could.

esavvymom said:
Ok. So it seems we are getting into a season of Craft and Vendor fairs again. I've learned tons from reading different threads in here, but thought I'd start a thread where maybe we could share a few things we've learned when we've done booths.

I am finishing up a week-long consignment sale, so I've learned a few things this week:

(1) Don't overdo the display! Too much product seems to scare people off. Most people didn't even look at what I did have out. A few new products, if you have them, and a few key products from your kit or in my case, I used Kid-Friendly products because it was a kid's sale.

(2) If you do a drawing, keep it simple.
I did a Grocery Bag w/2 season's best (Fall/Spring). I offered it to people who seemed more interested in PC or who stopped to look at my booth. I didn't offer it to everyone who walked by. I did offer Recipe cards though to most everyone who walked by. (most people took them)

(3) Have the prize slips in an open container so you can slip them back OUT and make notes about the person you spoke to....
(ie.- kids? Products you discussed? Did you hand her certain items- like a recruiting info packet? Did she express interest in certain items or things about PC? etc. )

(4) This one I learned/realized today- my 'AHA! moment. When you can, try to get the prize drawing slip handed to you directly, and take a look at it! Do it to see what their name is and Thank the person by their first name. I found this allowed me a couple of KEY THINGS: One- I could verify that I could read their name and that I got a phone or email contact, and TWO- I could glance and see if they showed interest in the business opportunity or hosting a show, and could then proceed from there!

*At my booth this week, I wish I had done #4 sooner. I had 8 recruit leads so far (30% of my entries!) and 12 Hosting leads (almost 50%)!!! Had I been looking at the slips, I could have passed out my recruiting information packets on the spot, and then followed up. Now I have to make phone calls to get them the packets and then the 2nd follow up. Would have been so much better.

And (5) - this ties with #4- HAVE YOUR 30-second Commercial READY! Know what you will say to a Recruit Lead or a Host lead! I did #4 and saw one lady wanted to host a show and was a "maybe" as a recruit lead...I fumbled on my words something terrible! I did give her a packet for information (recruiting), and said I'd call her this weekend to follow up. But how terrible I must have looked/sounded. So have what you are going to say ready and know it!

Ok- so anyone else want to share what you have learned from doing booths?
Bobbi, that was a HUGE help! I'm doing my first show this weekend and have been so busy pulling paperwork and everything together that I hadn't even thought about how I would talk to people!! I was also debating what product to take, so I love your #1!

This was awesome information and I really appreciate you sharing the doc you use!!

scottcooks said:
My best results are when I setup a single table and setup Just The Starter Kit, with some cash & carry items* on the other end.

I've done the 'make it look like your business' and setup a whole industrial kitchen (the market i do has a rolling steel countertop w/ wire shelves under, I supplied 2 industrial kitchen baker's racks on wheels, but it repeatedly took me 45+ minutes to setup and at least as long to tear down-- nobody bought the stoneware / bakeware / "stuff".

I'm SO excited about the 2 sauces this season--they are ideal for the crowd that shops this farmer's market.

*cash & carry items work best when wrapped in a cellophane bag w/ twixit clip on top. If it looks like a "gift", they can either 'be good to themselves' or 'buy it for a friend', and it's ready to give! I put my business card in the bottom, then some Easter grass, then the item, and a twixit that matches the eastergrass on top.

I do pamper my market guests and myself, by laying a cheapo foam puzzle mat underneath (- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices) or find one on craigslist, plus I put down a carpet remnant I got for $10 on top of it. LOOKS nice, feels great - and I don't have to worry about it getting gross; it's outside!

I do have a recipe/contact card like the following:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
If they say no, I tell them "Welcome to your new obsession!" Then I rave about our magic pot and margaritaville.

I LOVE this!! :) Question - what is our "magic pot" and "margaritaville"??

1CookinMama said:
I LOVE this!! :) Question - what is our "magic pot" and "margaritaville"??

Magic pot is the Deep Covered Baker.
not sure about Margaritaville, but I think it is a theme show.

Great ideas! What I have found especially for all day fairs is to get a tall stool (walmart sells them and they fold down). That way if you need to sit (or have time to sit) you aren't slumped down in a chair or lower than the table. I find it provides some relief for feet and back, yet still allows you to be seen.

Thanks to all . Will be having my first booth at the end of the month and all your tips are a great help!

After reading this, I think I am ready to try a booth!

Doing the Kentucky State fair from 16-26 Aug!! :D I will let you know how myself and the team fairs.

I have my first booth this weekend and I'm pretty excited about it.

How do you guys do booth follow up? I did a drawing slip and have a couple hundred. Just not sure how to handle them now. Any ideas appreciated!

kmiller said:
How do you guys do booth follow up? I did a drawing slip and have a couple hundred. Just not sure how to handle them now. Any ideas appreciated!

I have been listening to several audio training files lately and I just listened to this very topic last night! Here are some of the notes I took regarding follow-up after an event.

Follow Up
The important thing to remember is to not wait more than a couple days to follow up. If you are going to need longer start with the most interested leads and work your way down through the pile.

1. Stay focused on the personal relationship and building a long term life time loyal client
  2. Send a postcard with a handwritten note thanking them for taking the time to stop by your booth. Mention you will be calling in the near future. Handwritten thank you notes are a plus!
  3. Send a personal email – do not include product list – website in signature only - “It was great meeting you at [insert]. I will call you in the next few days to [insert reason for call]”
  4. Don’t say you are going to do something and then not do it

ChefShalon said:
Doing the Kentucky State fair from 16-26 Aug!! :D I will let you know how myself and the team fairs.

Good Luck! I hear that is a great state fair to visit! Our county fair starts on Friday and our team always have a booth...it's been very successful for me with bookings and cash & carry items. I haven't recruited at the fair yet, but I'll be working on it this year--I want to earn Vegas!!!

Where do you find these fairs to go to?

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I learned the hard way. Do not take small, expensive items with you! This applies to knives. I had a hand forged utility knife disappear from my table at a fair in Toronto!

Got a booth at the county fair this upcoming Weds evening. I have a show scheduled at my son's place on the 16th of Sept. So I have two goals for the fair booth:

1. Book 6 shows for September
2. Invite at least 20 people to show on the 16th

This thread has TONS of GREAT ideas on booths and vendor events. Learn from the mistakes and successes of others if you are looking to do a booth. (I've made this a "sticky" thread now, so we can ALWAYS find it easily in the Booth Forum.)We're getting back into the "booth season"....first for summer, then moving into fall for the Christmas season.
Great way to meet some new contacts and book a few shows. And with our mobile apps- make sales even easier!

This is something I learned about doing booths from a networking event I attended. Create an event emergency kit. Include scissors, tape, bandages, rubber bands, binder clips, and anything else you can think of that you might need. Keep it packed and handy so you can grab it whenever you have an event booth to man. And, don't be afraid to be selfish with your kit. If someone wants to borrow your scissors, insist that they use them at your booth. If someone needs a piece or two of tape, share freely, but don't feel like you have to give them half a roll. Your emergency kit is for YOUR emergencies.

I believe you have 10-15 seconds to make a good first impression. I think most people will then decide to stay and look at what we offer or move on. Being warm, out going, and smiling, but not pushy is key.

Okay what is the best way to do a booth with another consultant.....doing a kid expo at the end of January just two of us from 10-6....

lisa morris said:
Okay what is the best way to do a booth with another consultant.....doing a kid expo at the end of January just two of us from 10-6....
Have an agreed plan for starters....but typically, when working with another consultant, we alternated contacts. As people approached the booth, we took turns who initiated contact (ie- handing our recipe cards, or making conversation). If one consultant was busy working with and talking to a customer, the other consultant did the initial contacts- even if it meant making more than one in a row. As long as the other consultant was engaged, you just kept making contacts until that other consultant was finished, or until you were engaged with a customer.During breaks obviously, it would be all that one person while you are gone and vice versa.If you are doing a drawing:
  • I suggest doing it together as one prize (or both of you could do the same prize maybe, giving you TWO prizes- and each of you draws 1 winner
  • if you print your own drawing slips, have different colored paper for each of you during the day, if you do a drawing. Then you can divide the contacts by colored paper easily and each take YOUR contacts for the day.
  • If you are using the PC drawing slips, then what I did was have the person hand the slip back to ME and I would put my initials in the corner and slip it into my apron pocket, or drawing box (if they are watching). If they walked away, I put it in my pocket, but I'd make notes about the person/conversation, to help me remember.
Even if you don't do a drawing, you can still do the contact slips and have them hand them to you directly and stick in your pocket. But a simple drawing- even if just a Season's Best Recipe book or two, is something people will want to win.I've done lots of booths with another consultant, and never had issues when doing it that way. Good luck!

[QUOT
chefann said:
Yes, customers can order their own replacement parts. They just have to include a card number on the form when they mail it in.Some tips I've figured out:If you're working an event that is likely to have children attending, fill a QSP with water and some glitter/foil confetti. Kids can play with it while their parents are filling out prize slips/order forms/etc.Make sure your info is on every single piece of paper that leaves your hands. That includes recipe cards.Mini catalogs are a perfectly acceptable handout. If people insist on getting a full-size catalog (and they haven't placed an order), give them an old one from last season, but make sure it's marked as an old version. I give current catalogs only to people who book a show or place an order. My PWS address is on everything, so everyone else can still see the product line. But 95% of the people who ask for a catalog will not order. So don't waste your current ones.If you do have cash and carry items, put price tags on ALL of it. Including individual copies of SBRCs. You can use removable labels (Avery makes them; available at most office supply stores). I use the 30 to a page labels, and use 1/2 label on most items, 1/6 of a label on SBRCs. Using those labels allows you to easily change the prices you have on things, too (if you want to sell them so you don't have to crate them home, for instance).Send a follow-up email to your new contacts within 48 hours. It doesn't have to be long, just a thank you for stopping by, welcome to my newsletter, and mention of the current specials.
="chefann, post: 634146, member: 3930"]Yes, customers can order their own replacement parts. They just have to include a card number on the form when they mail it in.Some tips I've figured out:If you're working an event that is likely to have children attending, fill a QSP with water and some glitter/foil confetti. Kids can play with it while their parents are filling out prize slips/order forms/etc.Make sure your info is on every single piece of paper that leaves your hands. That includes recipe cards.Mini catalogs are a perfectly acceptable handout. If people insist on getting a full-size catalog (and they haven't placed an order), give them an old one from last season, but make sure it's marked as an old version. I give current catalogs only to people who book a show or place an order. My PWS address is on everything, so everyone else can still see the product line. But 95% of the people who ask for a catalog will not order. So don't waste your current ones.If you do have cash and carry items, put price tags on ALL of it. Including individual copies of SBRCs. You can use removable labels (Avery makes them; available at most office supply stores). I use the 30 to a page labels, and use 1/2 label on most items, 1/6 of a label on SBRCs. Using those labels allows you to easily change the prices you have on things, too (if you want to sell them so you don't have to crate them home, for instance).Send a follow-up email to your new contacts within 48 hours. It doesn't have to be long, just a thank you for stopping by, welcome to my newsletter, and mention of the current specials.[/QUOTE]
What I

What is a qsp?
chefann said:
Most of my cash and carry things are stuff that I earned or got free using host credit on "consultant as host" shows. When I sell them C&C, I round the prices up to cover tax, shipping, etc.

I have my first vendor booth set up for Feb 13-15 and I am a brand new consultant! I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I want to keep it simple, but I would also like to do a few demonstrations with the products. There will be electricity at my booth so I may do some cooking. What are some great booth recipes that would be good to demonstrate? I definitely want to show off the Manual Food Processor, so I think for that I will make some sort of homemade salsa. What are some things you guys demonstrated at a booth that was easy?

I don't actually demonstrate food for consumption at booths. The laws governing food offered to the public vary from state to state.

I wouldn't either, because then people want to eat it. It consumes more of your time than you are probably really going to benefit from.However, perhaps if you demonstrated a product or two and use something as unappetizing as a potato...that might be doable in small doses. (Search files for Potato Show).
maybe you could do a short 5-minute simple demo at the top of every hour (and have a sign saying that). Then the rest of the time you can talk to folks, pass out your card/recipe card, etc.Personally, I wouldn't. especially if you are working the booth alone. Managing the demo and trying to talk to people might get tricky. It's tough enough without having to do a demo.

Aunticooks said:
great tips, i have my booth this weekend and am stressing out on how much to take. I think i have almost everything i own but will scale back once i get the booth set up. thank goodness i have 2 hours in the morning to do this. and get packets ready now that i know what you went thru.. thanks much
traci
I AWAYS take TOO much! I was convinced by an attendee that I should have some "Cash'n Carry" on hand. Sometimes it draws people in some times it doesn't. I always hand out recipes as my "Business cards" but I put them in a small plastic coupon/file folder for them to choose their favorite, then I ask which one they chose and make conversation on the recipe...which leads to other topics like how to make it easier with a specific tool.

raebates said:
Ann, you're brilliant.
LOVE this I have a Health Fair at school tomorrow...so going to use this!

whiteyteresa said:
I have been working on this idea for a while now - I hope that I can explain it okThis is not for a couple of hour’s setup but for a couple of day’s setupI have a set of cabinets - about 4ft I think – I would put a piece of counter top on it with a insert into it for a small tabletop burner (so this would look like a stove top – I would be able to display the cookware as if it was on a stove – I might even be able to do a small demonstration if I have electric ) Someone gave me a small sink (one that they call a bar sink) I would then have a half round circle attached to the back of it with a hinge (for easy travel - down for transport and up for display) and on top of this I would put my SA dinnerware. I would also think about taking 2 bar stools with me to set around the table.
(This cabinet would have industrial wheels on it and a toe kick to hide the wheels for easy moving it.)Just some added notes. I would place this cabinet in and up front as possible. I would also take a piece of linoleum (8x10 the size of the booth at least that is what my usually is) With the cabinet on top of this it would look like a kitchen. I would still have a 5 – 6ft table with products of it in the back of the booth. I have 2 small tables (1 ½ X 2 ½ ft) one for Recruiting and one for signing up for door prizes.I know this sounds like a lot but I have my totes set up in a way that I knew what goes where and so does whoever helps me. My recruiting stuff is in one tote and I labels my totes 1 -2 -3 -4 and that is how they go up on the table. Some totes are very small. I have a tote for my door prize drawing table also.I will also pack some things in the cabinet now. Before the cabinet thingy – I was able to set up less than 15 minutes – now it might take me about 30 minutes.I want my booth to stand out from everyone else’s. So a little extra work for people to say “LOOK AT THAT” I will go a little furtherPlease feel free to say that I am crazy for doing this because I have have already heard it many of timesOne added note - I started with this idea because at our home show in my hometown as I walked around, I noticed how other companies (nothing to do with direct sales) was setting theirs booths up - to look like their own business so I thought (I know I shouldn't do that but any way) why shouldn't I do that, to make it look like a kitchen with dining. So that is how the idea got started.:chef:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Energizermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies