• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever done a demo at a booth? Advice?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I'm contemplating trying something slightly different at an upcoming booth. I was thinking of either (A) doing mini-demos at my booth or (B) setting up 2 or 3 "Try me" Stations where people could try a few products themselves.

When you go to Home Shows, you always see crowds gathered around those booths that do demos (think "Sham -wow", only I wouldn't be as loud!).
I was just thinking of a way to generate traffic, and maybe some interest for doing their own shows.

I thought I could do something like the "Potato Show" demos and a few other that I came up with- simple things- no cooking obviously, and nothing that people can actually eat (I'm not allowed to have food to taste).

Advice?? Am I setting myself up for disaster? Or could it be worth trying?

Jolie_Paradoxe

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
Most times, I do not have a demo.

There was one time I tried demo'ing and offering the pineapple salsa. People were intrigued, hesitant to try and I spent more time convincing them to give it a go than getting actual contact info or making a connection.

Another time, I brought potatoes and allowed people to try the mandoline and assorted smaller items. I did impress quite a few people, but again no shows came from it.

Wish I could actually be helpful here. :D

I'd try it when things were really slow. That may draw people around you....just be sure to spend more time connecting than demo'ing. I usually do "air demos". Pretending to use the tools, explaining how great our goodies are and then asking if they'd be interested in earning some of the items free.

If you do decide to do the potato show, let us know how you do.

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
Drawings are the best bet for getting contacts. Mostly, be present repeatedly.

I've done the potato show, but people don't want to stop and sit and watch, they just want to walk by. I've done sliced lemonade (UM, QSP) I've done salsa (FC, CB, GP, CP, HK, SC) I've done chocolate-dipped strawberries (ECW, SS)--for which I've charged $2 for 2 berries with some mini marshmallows and 4 pieces of pound cake. People don't care... they're not there to watch you cook. The most you have their attention, is 1-2 minutes. You'll get kids flocking, but it's not the venue to book shows!

Make an attractive display and let the hosts and customers come to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
zmkelly1
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views