• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Done Booths...need Advice

In summary, the conversation involved advice on finding places to set up booths and what to do when arriving at the booth. Suggestions included using websites like craftlister.com and networking groups to find opportunities, contacting local chambers of commerce and swim clubs, and researching events such as craft shows, bridal shows, and Christmas shows. It was also recommended to be cautious of expensive events unless they are known to bring in leads or sales. Additional tips for booth setup and engaging with potential customers were also shared.
EgresiPC
Gold Member
I've been wanting to set up a booth for a while now and I just don't know where to begin. I'm not sure how to find places where I might be able to set up and get good sales/leads. I looked up the county events for the summer and most places are already closed to vendor applications.

Any advice on the best way to go about finding places to set up booths and what I should do when I get there?

Thanks!

Craftlister.com is a good site to try. Check with your local chamber of commerce.

I am in a networking group and have found many opportunities that way.

I would call swimclubs ( alot of them have ladies days), chamber of commerce, call towns that have summer festivels etc..

Good luck :)

I have looked at local arenas for their show lists. Craft shows and Christmas shows should be signing up vendors for this coming season. Look for bridal shows. I went to one and it was a lot of fun. I also got a couple of good leads for shows!

Just don't get yourself involved in events that cost too much, unless you KNOW you'll be getting leads/sales out of it (i.e. bridal fairs)

LBurke said:
Just don't get yourself involved in events that cost too much, unless you KNOW you'll be getting leads/sales out of it (i.e. bridal fairs)

I second that, I wont pay over $40 now for any booth unless it is for charity, then I wont go over $100.

Thank you all so much! This is very helpful.

I went online and looked up all the local chambers of commerce to find local events. I signed up for 4 for the summer and 1 in September. Most are going to be fairly inexpensive. If your director has a PC banner you will want to borrow it, or invest in one from Merrill. It will make you look professional. I make my booth simple, but inviting. I set out the starter kit, my 3 tier rack with SA, and summer products. I have a sign saying free cooking show. I let them know I will buy all the ingredients for a show in their home when they pick a date with me today. I send them away with a gift bag with the host packet inside. I give them 3 days to complete the guests list and return (with pre-stamped envelope) to me.

Great booth ideasListen to the CD "Meet the Public" - it's awesome and gets you into a different mindset.

Checkout attached items for help.

Attachments

• Fairs and Festivals by Ellen Reizig 2000.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 538
  • Fairs Followupby Ellen Reisig 2000.doc
    29 KB · Views: 400
  • Booth Drawing Slip-New.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 708
Julie, I love your booth idea. The gift bag hostess packet is perfect for people walking around!!

I usually have a bowl set out with a sign for $20 in FREE products. I offer people a FREE recipe card (with my contact info on it) when they walk by to get them to stop at my booth. Then explain the Free drawing and talk to them about PC. I pick a winner after the event and let them pick out the free products, which of course I order on a show under the hostess discount. Then, call through everyone and let them know who won. Make lots of contacts this way, will get a few orders, and some bookings. You have to follow up with the leads you get or the booth is pointless!!

When you do get a booth -
Take a few replacement parts order forms, and the phone number, address & directions for returns. Every booth I've had, people have lost contact with the consultant they purchased items from, and ask me about these things. Get their contact info so you can follow up with them.

Thanks again for all the advice! I have two booths lined up (one this Sat) and a few more in the process!...I'm really hoping this will broaden my contact base and get my name out there because I live in such a small town and have had difficulty breaking out of the circle of family and friends.

Any other tips/advice for what I should do at my booth? Definitely planning on a drawing, have PC logo wear (but no tablecloth/banner and neither does my director), and of course I'll have products on display.

Thanks!

EgresiPC said:
Any advice on the best way to go about finding places to set up booths and what I should do when I get there?

My Number One tip when working a booth - DO NOT SIT!! Make sure you stand in front of the table/booth with something in your hands to offer people (a flyer, a mini-catalog, a recipe card, SOMETHING) and smile! Be sure to say "Hi" to every person who walks by and ask them "Have you ever heard of The Pampered Chef?" and then listen to their response. Sometimes if someone is obviously trying to avoid me, I'll say, "Would you like a free recipe?" and that gets them every time! :D

Do you all find that you get a lot of worthy leads at these events? I am going to do a festival with my director this Saturday. I am looking forward to it, and just wondering about the lead potential...That is my hardest part getting my business going...the bookings...any other suggestions?

Trina

They're only good leads if you follow up with them afterwards. It's up to you - you can't expect them to come to you - they already showed up to the event, now you have to call them! :)

Does anyone know if you need a sellers permit to do booths, marts, etc...?

Julie,

I'll be working with my Advance Director and others in our cluster at a County Fair starting on Saturday, can you tell me what you put in the packages you prepare for fairs/festivals? Please...I want to do better with my business getting leads.

I used to do a lot of fairs and offered a free product drawing to get leads. I would get quite a few people who just wanted the product and not the shows.

I now offer a free cooking show and I have had great results. I only get people who are interested in actually holding cooking show to enter (most of the time). It is easy to follow-up, because I can offer as many free cooking shows as I want.

I do have little chinese take-out boxes to give to people who schedule their show's that day for them to take. Inside is a product they will receive for free when they have their show. I have had people come to my booth, saying I want one of those boxes, what do I need to do. I tell 'em book a show and you will get one.

Good luck.

I like the boxes idea. Where did you get them? I have tried using the booking tree (this was at Christmas time). It worked pretty good, but there was a crowd on a limited time so it was hard to explain how it worked to a lot of them. I'm going to try it again at a booth I'm doing next month.

pampchefrhondab said:
I like the boxes idea. Where did you get them? I have tried using the booking tree (this was at Christmas time). It worked pretty good, but there was a crowd on a limited time so it was hard to explain how it worked to a lot of them. I'm going to try it again at a booth I'm doing next month.

I got my boxes at Michaels Craft Store.

Great - Thanks! We have one here, but I have not gone to it! I am a scrapbook junky and know I would spend too much! I will have to go in there w/no credit cards or check book!!! I will just take a $20 bill:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Great - Thanks! We have one here, but I have not gone to it! I am a scrapbook junky and know I would spend too much! I will have to go in there w/no credit cards or check book!!! I will just take a $20 bill:)!

They have sorts of neat design or plain ones. I paid $1 each (w/desing) for them.

What is a booking tree?

Hey there Laurie!

I am wondering what product you put in the boxes?

Kathie- Since returning from conference I have been working my business a lot. Sorry I didn't see your question until today. I hope your fair went well. I use a folder and put just the basics inside- 3 catalogs, 5 OOF, a flyer with the monthly special and the upcoming month (so the host can see what he/she can get as the booking benefit), business opportunity brochure (right now I would include the new consultant flyer), an envelope stamped to mail me back the 3ply address labels we can get from PC (I put 2 sheets inside which makes 44 guests) and I include a cover sheet that they can check off (got it from CS that I like better than the show planners). I tell them to mail me the guest list within 5 days. I put the folder inside a gift bag that I have a clear PC label on the outside of. It's cute and shows off our name.

Julie - thanks so much for the help. Do you have the link for the CS checklist you use for shows or at least the file name? All the great help I've received from this site is helping...so far no increased business but my sense is that it's coming.

Thanks again.

I did a "Rummage Sale" at a local church where they invited home-based vendors. My daughter who does Close To My Heart (scrapbooking, stamping, cardmaking) and I were the only vendors.:grumpy: I got 10 drawing slips for the door prizes. I chose 5 for "free giveaways" and not a single one ever returned my calls, postcards, or emails! It was strange.:cry: I sent them a list of the items I was giving away (Mini Whipper, I-Slice, Mini-Serving Spatula, Corn Cob Knobs, Corn Butterer) and also told them I was offering a "Free Show" (explaining what that was as well) to them if they booked for July. I did get an order for $92 from one lady there and another for $35 so it was okay. I put a door prize in each of theirs since no one else followed up with me. The booth cost $10 for the two of us so it was pretty good rate. I was disappointed in the people not contacting me back though.:eek: Have others had that happen to them?

What are "Never Done Booths" and why are they important for Pampered Chef consultants?

"Never Done Booths" are events or booths set up at local fairs, markets, or community events where Pampered Chef consultants can showcase and sell their products. These events are important for consultants because they provide an opportunity to reach a larger audience and potentially gain new customers.

How can I make my "Never Done Booth" successful?

To make your booth successful, it is important to have a visually appealing setup with eye-catching displays and product demonstrations. Offer special promotions or discounts to attract customers and make sure to engage with them by explaining the products and offering samples. It is also helpful to have business cards or flyers on hand to provide contact information for potential future sales.

What types of products should I showcase at my "Never Done Booth"?

It is best to showcase a variety of products to attract a wider range of customers. Consider featuring popular products, new products, and seasonal items. It is also helpful to have a mix of higher and lower priced items to appeal to different budgets.

How can I effectively promote my "Never Done Booth"?

Utilize social media and email marketing to promote your booth and reach potential customers. Share the event on your personal and business pages and include details such as location, date, and any special promotions. You can also send out an email blast to your current customer base and offer a special incentive for them to visit your booth.

What are some tips for setting up my "Never Done Booth"?

Make sure to arrive early to the event to set up your booth and secure a good location. Have a clean and organized display that showcases your products effectively. Consider using props or decorations to make your booth stand out. Be sure to have enough product on hand and keep your display replenished throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • iteachncook
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
vanscootin
Replies