• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Booth, New Consultant, No Cash and Carry!

In summary, the expert recommends doing a cooking show where people can sign up for a free cooking show and afterwards they can call and get information on how to book a show. They recommend direct shipping if this is a one-time event, or having door prizes if this is a recurring event.
smartcookie
Gold Member
I just started a couple months ago and have signed up to be part of one of the local Farmer's Markets this weekend. I'm a little flustered and frustrated trying to decide what to do. It seems everyone has several products on hand to sell. I, however, being new just have my start up kit and a few other items I've purchased with my PC dollars to add to my shows. How do you have a successful booth with a handful of products to display and nothing for the patrons to purchase? Any suggestions and words of advice would be appreciated!!:confused:

Do a give away. I never have cash and carry. I do a FREE cooking show or pizza party. Basically have a way for people to sign up for a FREE cooking show (Free just means you bring the food for the demo. all the other cooking show host stuff applies to them). Afterwards you call EVERYONE and tell them they won. :) You get a lot of leads and you hopefully book a few shows. If you take orders at the booth, do direct shipping.

Is this a one time only event or will you be returning? If you know for sure when you'll be back, you can let people know that they will be able to come back then and pick up their products (say you'll do the event the first and third Saturday of the month -- or something like that). Even if you will not be there as a vendor at a later date, you can arrange a pick-up time ("at the market parking lot, two weeks from today from 9-11am"). Or, there is always direct ship. I don't do "cash & carry" at any event (occasionally I'll have retired Season's Best Cookbooks) -- a huge perk of Pampered Chef is not having inventory.

Great advice Ladies! Thank you both. The booth will be "manned" by at least one of the consultants from my cluster every Sunday, so I definitely can arrange to have my customers pick up their items at a later date. Fantastic idea Jeanine!
I agree. I thought not having to carry inventory is a perk as well!

You may be surprised that some people may try to buy some of the items you have on display so decide ahead of time if you are willing. I sell for catalog price b/c I'd have to replace it. I was shocked when this happened to me at a booth. She bought quite a few things b/c she just simply doesn't like to order. Works for me!If you do have door prizes on hand, it doesn't hurt to have them either, but only if it's okay if you sell them...have time to reorder or keep enough aside.Good luck! Our town has a farmer's market, but it's very, very sad. I think it's a great thing to get in on.

What items should I have in my first Pampered Chef booth as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's important to have a variety of products to showcase at your first booth. We recommend having at least one of our top-selling items, such as our Stoneware or Mix 'N Scraper, as well as a selection of kitchen tools and gadgets. It's also a good idea to have a few different cookware items, such as our Quick Cooker or Cookware Set, to demonstrate the versatility of our products.

How can I display my products without having a cash and carry option?

Even without a cash and carry option, there are still many ways to display and showcase your products at your booth. Consider setting up a demo station where you can prepare and cook a dish using our products to show their functionality. You can also have catalogs and order forms available for customers to browse and place orders. Additionally, setting up attractive displays and utilizing product demonstrations can help generate interest and sales.

What are some tips for making my first booth a success?

First and foremost, make sure to be enthusiastic and engaging with potential customers. People are more likely to make a purchase if they see your passion for the products. It's also helpful to have some special offers or deals for first-time customers to entice them to make a purchase. Finally, don't forget to collect contact information from interested customers so you can follow up with them after the event.

How can I maximize my profits at my first booth?

One way to maximize profits at your first booth is to offer special incentives for customers who place orders at the event. This could be a discount on their first purchase or a free product with a certain dollar amount spent. Another tip is to upsell by suggesting complementary products or demonstrating how multiple products can be used together. Lastly, don't forget to track your sales and expenses to determine your profit margin and make adjustments for future events.

What are some ways to attract customers to my booth?

There are various ways to attract customers to your booth, such as having eye-catching displays and signage, offering free samples or tastings, and having a drawing or giveaway for a popular product. Utilizing social media and inviting friends and family to stop by your booth can also help attract potential customers. Additionally, being friendly and approachable can make people feel more comfortable and interested in checking out your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom