• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Have 7 Dinner Guests Tonight!

In summary, Bry's fam is in town and he invited them over for dinner, which is SO fine with me, I LOVE to have dinner guests, but I HAVE NO IDEA what to make for a crowd, it's usually dinner for 2 or 4 or else Thanksgiving (indefinite!) Every idea I put up, he isn't thrilled with, but he's not helping! I LOVE roast beef and haven't had it in FOREVER (he despises roasts :eek: ) so I'm thinking I might do that, but I :hanging my head in shame: have never cooked a roast! So I was thinking roast beef & Mashed potatoes & maybe broccoli casserole?
speedychef
So Bry's fam is in town and he invited them over for dinner, which is SO fine with me, I LOVE to have dinner guests, but I HAVE NO IDEA what to make for a crowd, it's usually dinner for 2 or 4 or else Thanksgiving (indefinite!) Every idea I put up, he isn't thrilled with, but he's not helping! I LOVE roast beef and haven't had it in FOREVER (he despises roasts :eek: ) so I'm thinking I might do that, but I :hanging my head in shame: have never cooked a roast! So I was thinking roast beef & Mashed potatoes & maybe broccoli casserole? Any suggestions? I'd go PC, but I can't make a decision to save my life!

I have a simple crock pot roast recipe.

1 4 lb chuck roast
1 envelope dry soup mix
1 cup water

Cook on low 8-10 hours. So you better put it in NOW!!!

You can add veggies & potatoes to the crock if you want, or just make them on the side.

Why not the 30 minute chicken and a trifle for dessert? Might as well wow them with PC and possibly get a booking!

homemade spaghetti sauce simmering all day, salad (served in SA dots bowl if you have it) and bread with dipping oil
maybe a tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil salad for an appetizer

Teresa Lynn said:
homemade spaghetti sauce simmering all day, salad (served in SA dots bowl if you have it) and bread with dipping oil
maybe a tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil salad for an appetizer

Add some toasted pita bread and you can make the Mini Caprese Sandwiches for an appitizer.

Roasts cook really well in the Deep Covered Baker. Just make sure you test the temperature to see if it's done! And get the right kind of roast... you want one that's an oven roast, not a pot roast. Unless, of course, you DO want a pot roast, in which case you should start it off by searing it in the large stockpot, covering it with liquid (water, red wine, juice, cola, whatever) throwing in some onions or onion soup mix, then finishing it off in the oven on about 325-350 for a couple hours. Pot roast is easier to do, because you can't really overcook it unless you REALLY try. :D

You guys are awesome! I ended up going with a Mexican theme. I'm going to have chips and salsa and I'm going to do beef tacos and chicken enchiladas. So here's the new question. I was going to make 30 minute chicken for the enchiladas, but they had no fryers at the store! So I bought boneless skinless breasts/thighs...can I still nuke em in the DCB?

Yep! They'll work fine. They will probably take less than 30 minutes, since they're smaller pieces, so check the internal temp after about 20 minutes.

Just throw em in there, then? Maybe a little SW seasoning...maybe not...I'm going to bring some of it for my aloha pizza tomorrow...

You got it, just throw 'em in the bottom of the baker. Season as desired.

speedychef said:
You guys are awesome! I ended up going with a Mexican theme. I'm going to have chips and salsa and I'm going to do beef tacos and chicken enchiladas. So here's the new question. I was going to make 30 minute chicken for the enchiladas, but they had no fryers at the store! So I bought boneless skinless breasts/thighs...can I still nuke em in the DCB?

You know they have the pre-seasoned chicken in the freezer section. That's the route I would go. I know I wouldn't get any Martha Stewart points, but it helps save stress and time. But since you now have purchased the other meat...It doesn't take that long to brong boneless skinless chicken in a skillet. That is what I would do, but I am a crazy person because I think I am the only person on here that doesn't nuke meat. I just cannot cook in the microwave.

I never cook meat in the microwave either.

You could boil it, saute it, or bake it.

When I want chicken taco filling, I put boneless, skinless breasts in the crockpot; add a can of enchilada sauce and about a cup of picante sauce and let it cook for about 4 hrs. on hi. Then I shred the chicken with 2 forks while it's still in the CP, and let it cook about 30 more minutes. Easy and tastes YUMMY!

Jules

So how was dinner tonight Kim? What did you end up doing?

I ended up making chicken enchiladas with chicken that I nuked in the dcb for 20 minutes, but I think a little less would have sufficed. And tacos and refried beans (made em myself...right from the can!) And dessert was ice cream sandwiches!! I don't use that ice cream sandwich maker NEARLY enough! They acted like it was gourmet! It cracked me up. Bryan about had a fit when he found out I was nuking the chicken but I didn't care because he wasn't eating them anyhow! And everyone said they were GOOD! SO THERE! Thbbt!

Oh yeah and I served everything in SA! And there was salsa and (PC) guac. Then I was going to make fantastic foccacia for an appetizer but I never got around to it, but I had the dough made...when everyone left, a friend called to come play cards and have a few drinks, so I made it and brought it over there! Booking! YAY!

Sounds great! Hey, I nuke whenever I can!

1. How can I make sure my dinner guests have enough food?

The best way to make sure your dinner guests are well-fed is to plan ahead and make a list of all the dishes you want to serve. Consider the number of guests and their dietary restrictions, and make sure to have a variety of options. You can also ask your guests to bring a dish to share.

2. What are some easy and quick recipes for a dinner party?

Some quick and easy recipes that are perfect for a dinner party include sheet pan dinners, one-pot meals, and slow cooker dishes. These recipes require minimal preparation and clean up, allowing you to spend more time with your guests.

3. How can I make my table look more festive for a dinner party?

To make your table look more festive, you can add a tablecloth or table runner, use cloth napkins, and incorporate fresh flowers or candles as a centerpiece. You can also add personalized place cards or use fun and colorful dinnerware.

4. What are some must-have kitchen tools for hosting a dinner party?

Some essential kitchen tools for hosting a dinner party include a good set of knives, cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and serving dishes. A slow cooker and a food processor can also be helpful for preparing and serving dishes.

5. How do I time the cooking of multiple dishes for a dinner party?

The key to timing multiple dishes for a dinner party is to plan ahead and make a timeline. Start by prepping and cooking the dishes that take the longest, and then work on the rest of the dishes in order of cooking time. It can also be helpful to have a separate oven or use a slow cooker to keep some dishes warm while you finish cooking others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tara1021