• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in My Freezer: How to Cook and Enjoy a Variety of Meat Cuts

In summary, the author has a lot of meat in their freezer and doesn't know what to do with it. They have a list of cuts of meat, but don't know which one to use for sauerbraten. They suggest using a tenderloin steak or rump roast for the recipe.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
OK - I posted on the What's for Dinner thread that I recently went through my freezer. I have a LOT of meat in there that I don't have any idea what to do with or how to cook it. Keep in mind that I don't like chunks or shreds of meat). How do I fix these things so that they're yummy & tender? Also, DH wants some sauerbraten. I'm going to use Janet's recipe for that, but what cut of meat do I use?

Here's what I've got & how many of each:

Cured Ham Roast - 4
Cured Ham Steak - 9 pkgs (2 each)
smoked pork hocks - 3
Spare Ribs - 4 3 lb pkgs
Neck bones - 2
Back bones - 1
pork shoulder roast -1
Sirloin steak - 4 (they're big!)
T-bone steak - 3 (same thing, huge!)
Porterhouse steak - 1
Sirloin Tip Roast - 1
Rump Roast - 1
Chuck Roast - 7
Rolled Rib Roast - 1
Soup Bones - 4
Arm Roast - 1
Club Steak - 1
Beef Tongue - 1 :)yuck:)
Heel of Round - 1

Round steak is the best for my Sauerbraten recipe.I think others use rump roast, or round roast. You could also probably use the steaks, but I'd use them for other things.Let me go find my tenderloin rub and whiskey cream sauce recipe I posted here...that would be great for some of your steaks!!!!

I use the ham hocks in a nice pot of Great Northern Beans and onions, and nice pan of cornbread. OT- Does anyone else eat their beans with a splash of vinegar?

It's a huge upright. It's not even full right now. The list doesn't include all of my ground beef, sausage & frozen veggies/fruit from the garden.

mrssyvo said:
I use the ham hocks in a nice pot of Great Northern Beans and onions, and nice pan of cornbread. OT- Does anyone else eat their beans with a splash of vinegar?

I was raised on bean soup w/ ham hocks and a splash of vinegar....my DH thinks I'm crazy when I add vinegar to my beans. He also thinks it's disgusting when I eat french fries w/ salt and vinegar.
But this is coming from a man who puts ketchup or maple syrup on everything, so I let it slide right off my back!

mmm... fries with salt and vinegar... yum!!I'm not even going to ask how Crystal ended up with a tongue when she obviously doesn't like it, as evidenced by the yuck face.

My DH turns his nose up as well when I eat beans with vinegar. Oh, well- he does not know what he is missing. Everyone I get to try it LOVES it, and says they will never eat beans without vinegar again. (except DH- I can not even get him to try it)

What cuts of meat should I keep in my freezer?

Some of the best cuts of meat to keep in your freezer are beef roasts, chicken breasts, pork chops, ground beef, and bacon. These cuts are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.

How long can I keep meat in my freezer?

When stored properly, meat can last in the freezer for several months to a year. It is recommended to use meat within 3-6 months for optimal quality and taste.

Can I cook meat directly from the freezer?

It is not recommended to cook meat directly from the freezer as it will take longer to cook and may result in uneven cooking. It is best to thaw meat in the refrigerator or use the defrost setting on your microwave.

What is the best way to store meat in the freezer?

To properly store meat in the freezer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and then place it in a resealable freezer bag. Make sure to label the bag with the type of meat and date it was frozen.

Can I refreeze meat that has been thawed?

It is generally safe to refreeze meat that has been thawed, but the quality may be affected. It is best to cook the meat and then freeze it again. Avoid refreezing meat that has been left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies