• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Buy More Products or Wait Until Next Month?

In summary, Terra lost her first four PC shows, but is still hoping to earn some free product. She recommends getting to know your neighbors, playing group, and doctor's office.
TerraOB83
Gold Member
so I needed 4 shows this month had all 4 booked before I signed the 1st show was great, 2nd show no one showed up thanks to the weather, 3rd show was also great, and just a few mins ago my 4th host calls me to tell me she has to cancel:( . Now I dont know what to do since the end of Feb is so close and this is my 1st month, should I just buy $300 dollars woth of stuff to get my pc dollars or just wait til next month? I just dont know what to do now. sorry to vent but at least you all understand unlike dh lol. Thanks
Terra

Have you done your own show? Call all your friends and family and ask them to help you out by purchasing, hosting, or giving you referrals.

TerraOB83 said:
so I needed 4 shows this month had all 4 booked before I signed the 1st show was great, 2nd show no one showed up thanks to the weather, 3rd show was also great, and just a few mins ago my 4th host calls me to tell me she has to cancel:( . Now I dont know what to do since the end of Feb is so close and this is my 1st month, should I just buy $300 dollars woth of stuff to get my pc dollars or just wait til next month? I just dont know what to do now. sorry to vent but at least you all understand unlike dh lol. Thanks
Terra
No way! Don't give up or spend the money! There is so much more time in the month... you just need to know how to use it well.

Pick up the phone and call people! All you need to do is make a list of people, write down everyone who pops into your mind, don't just stop with friends and family. How about neighbors, co-workers, you're spouse's co-workers, friends of you're friends and family, long lost-friends, people you do business with (ie: bank, grocery store, post office, etc.). Write all of those names down and then pick up a phone book and try to list as many numbers as possible. The next step is make those calls. There's a great class on consultants corners over prospecting that might be good for you to look into too.

You can actually kill two birds with one stone making these phone calls. You can call and get caught up and then let them know that you've started your new business. Also, let them know that due to a post ponement, you're a little shy of you're monthly goal that you have set for youself and would love it if they would consider looking at your catalog and placing an order. Also, if they wouldnt mind showing it to their friends and family, you could turn it into a catalog show for them and they could earn some great free product! You can advertise yourself and you business, along with collecting sales. It really all comes down to picking up that phone!

Also, contact your recruiter or Director and they should have some last minute booking or sales ideas or you. I personally use the internet alot and offer and extra % off a certain type of product, perhaps cookware, and this always helps me to increase me sales at the end of month.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Darcy

thanks I will keeping trying that I really dont know many people ive been a sahm for almost 5 yrs now so I have lost touch w/ a lot of people. thanks for the advice, hopefully something will break :)

Think back to High School.
Get to know your neighbor.
Do you have play groups? Ask them.
What about doctor offices - you go to lots of them when you have kids!

Terra - DON'T spend $...you don't HAVE to meet all the "ideal" goals - it is nice, free stuff is nice, but you can still earn within 90 days. Don't spend $300 only to earn $100. Take the above advice, make some phone calls and if you don't happen to make it, don't beat yourself up - go forward, there is always more to do/earn next time around.

I have to second the advice not to spend your own money... PC gives us TONS of opportunities to earn merchandise! :)After I signed up to sell PC, I unexpectedly ended up working a TON of hours at work... and put PC off for three months, effectively missing out on my super starter months, as they were under the old program... Yes, I missed out on things... but I've *already* earned free stuff, and will earn more... just do your best to renew connections and get bookings: it's something I need to do too!Don't fear... PC is wonderful and takes great care of us!

Call your 2nd show host and see if she can collect some orders for you. Also, ask the host that cancelled. Don't spend any $$ out your pocket.
Can your hubby collect any orders from work for you?

I agree with Darcy and Rebecca!!!!! You will come out great in the long run. Hang in there! Some of us who have been doing this for awhile run into the same problems and have to rethink the whole booking situation. It is true that sometimes we think our bookings will be just enough and then something happens and we don't have a backup plan in place.

thank you all for your wonderful advice it has made me feel much better, I talked to both of the hosts and there going to turn them into catalog shows, and dh is going to get some orders from his work. Thank you all very much
:)

Related to Should I Buy More Products or Wait Until Next Month?

1. What are some common causes of feeling frustrated and disappointed?

Some common causes of feeling frustrated and disappointed can include unmet expectations, setbacks or failures, lack of control or progress, and feeling overwhelmed or stressed.

2. How can I manage my frustration and disappointment in a healthy way?

There are several ways to manage frustration and disappointment in a healthy way, such as practicing self-care, setting realistic expectations, seeking support from loved ones, and finding healthy outlets for expressing emotions.

3. Can frustration and disappointment affect my overall well-being?

Yes, prolonged feelings of frustration and disappointment can have negative impacts on one's mental and emotional well-being, as well as physical health. It is important to address and manage these feelings in a healthy way.

4. Is it normal to feel frustrated and disappointed in the workplace?

Yes, it is common for individuals to experience frustration and disappointment in the workplace, especially when facing challenges or setbacks. However, it is important to find healthy ways to cope with these feelings and communicate them effectively with coworkers and supervisors.

5. How can I prevent feeling frustrated and disappointed in my job?

To prevent feelings of frustration and disappointment in your job, it can be helpful to set realistic expectations, communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors, prioritize self-care, and seek support or resources when needed. It may also be beneficial to regularly reflect on and reassess your career goals and priorities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies